O Steaks & Seafood South
11 South Main Street
Concord, NH 03301Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
O Steaks & Seafood South
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.magicfoodsrestaurantgroup.com/
- Phone: 6038567925
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Scott Ouellette Chef/Owner, Chef de Cusine Chris Roscoe
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Offering full on and off premise catering. Please call 603-707-6929 or visit us on line at www.magicfoodsnh.com, email:email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: Offering private rooms up to 100 guest
A word from O Steaks & Seafood South
Another "must dine" created by Chef Owner Scott Ouellette, O Steaks & Seafood South is located in Concord, NH. Offering only the freshest ingredients we work to bring you the classic steak house with something extra. Steak not your choice? Try the Lobster Mac & Cheese or one of our freshly prepared seafood dishes. Don't miss the Corn Pudding which is a must have or the Kobe Beef O pops. O Steaks and Seafood's wine list has been hand selected by Scott offering over twenty wines by the glass.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
O Steaks & Seafood South reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (22)fit for foodies (21)good for groups (17)romantic (13)vibrant bar scene (13)neighborhood gem (12)great for outdoor dining (12)notable wine list (10)hot spot (9)great for lunch (6)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- UnderwhelmedWeLoveNOLADined on 9/13/2014A promising meal and bar menu, but each item missed its mark. The bread was delicious, but why add honey to the sweet butter? Uck. I was curious about a cucumber/jalapeno cocktail, but for the first time in my life returned a cocktail! Bland to the extreme. The bourbon old fashioned also too sweet. Calamari was so tender, and perfectly fried, but they added SUGAR to the crumbs! Spicy sauce offset it a bit, but what is it about sugar and this restaurant? Best way to ruin the flavor of beautiful natural food- add sweetener. Husband's braised short ribs were dry. How the heck does a nice place overdo braised short ribs??? Seafood risotto lacked sparkle and flavor. Lots of leftovers. Might stop by for appetizers and wine sometime.
- Date NightJustinPDined on 9/12/2014We took my 5 year old daughter here for her first ever fancy-table dress up date night. It was pretty special and we all had a great time.. O's had a nice environment and friendly wait staff which was high quality and also sensitive and nurturing to our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/4/2014We had a small group so we tried many different wines, appetizers and entrees and everything was excellent.Special Features:
- SoliddetourjrDined on 8/30/2014Very nice experience at O's. Good food and drink - I had sea bass on crab & asparagus risotto with a Hendrix G&T, and it was surprisingly not very busy on a Saturday evening. I know Concord doesn't have much of a nightlife in general, but I expected O's to be one of the few places in town that actually drew a crowd. The service was fine - nothing spectacular, and that is also consistent with my previous experiences there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014They have really good food, and the service was also really good.Special Features:
- Dinner OutOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/19/2014Great meal just before seeing Jackson Browne in concert, just after meeting him in person!!Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/19/2014This was our first visit to NH and to O. We had a superb dinner for two consisting of escargot, ahi tuna (large), mixed greens, sea bass with crab and asparagus risotto, and an order of asparagus. Although the risotto was a bit underdone, the side of asparagus was overdone, one escargot was missing, and the sea bass was a bit overdone, everything was delicious and our server timed each dish perfectly. She also had the kitchen split our salad and sea bass onto two plates since we were sharing. We had a 5:00 P.M. reservation and were seated promptly. The noise level was very low at the start of our dinner but escalated quickly as the dining room filled up. We would return to this restaurant again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014Food and service excellent, probably the best restaurant in Concord.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of best in townap66Dined on 8/5/2014We go a couple times a year. Usually for an occasion of some sort or just a nice dinner. Staff is good. Food is quite good. One of the better places in Concord. I like all of the places owned by this local restaurant group. They seem to know what they are doing and deliver a good product. I would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in ConcordFromDerryDined on 8/4/2014Our first visit was very pleasant. The food and service were very good. Though the prices are a bit high we felt they were appropriate for the quality of the food and the atmosphere. We would not hesitate to return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014The food at O's was incredible! Everything was fresh and prepared to perfection. Chocolate cake martini was delicious as well. There could have been another wait person staffed on the patio, but the one woman did a good job keeping up with all of the activity. We'll definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food: awesome. Atmosphere: meh.Mr2DarcyDined on 7/25/2014To say their food is delicious is an understatement - it's phenomenal. My wife's lobster mac 'n cheese was, in her words, the best she's ever had. My braised short ribs were meaty, tender, and full of flavor, and the jalapeno-cheddar corn pudding was uniquely smooth, rich, and the perfect complement to the ribs. The one thing that annoys me, however, is the noise level - which is, at times, unbearable due to the fact that there is no divider between the lounge area and the dining room. If you want a nice, quiet, romantic dinner out, O's is definitely not the place to go; if, on the other hand, you don't mind yelling at your date in order to carry on a conversation, then it's perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising in ConcordNHable12Dined on 7/24/2014Took my husband here for his birthday and it was so good- a Kobe beef steak in Concord, NH? Truly never thought I'd see the day. He said it was the best steak he's ever had so that says enough! Only complaint was that it was so loud, not much separation from the after-work-happy-hour crowd but other than the noise no issues! we will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014On 7/19/2014, my family and I went to dinner at "O" in Concord NH. We chose this venue over others that we were more familiar with as "O" was recommended by a friend and we thought we'd give it a try. Our reservation via Open Table worked perfectly and when we arrived for our reservation, we were promptly seated. We had issues with the lighting, availability/visibility of our waiter, quality of the food and responsiveness of the management team to rectify our issues. Although we were open to giving "O" another try at a later date, it was clear that management was not interested in having our future business as we were insulted that we had to go through 3 levels of management to get a refund for a $28 meal that was of very poor quality.
- A great place with great service!jasonctDined on 7/11/2014Our server, Jessica was a shining example of someone who should be working at an upper class steak house. She was attentive without being overbearing and knowledgeable about the menu when we had questions. We were a foursome of friends and we each ordered different steaks. We were all pleased with the done-ness level of each of our selections, medium rare was truly a perfect steakhouse medium rare! A nit that I have with restaurants is when they call beef Kobe. Unless the meat comes from Japan or is from the herd of cattle that the Koch brothers have, I hate seeing Kobe beef on a menu. It should simply say USDA Choice or Prime. (Note that Angus or Black Angus certified or otherwise is nothing more than a brand.)Special Features:
- A good choice for a special nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014The choice was based on a gift card we owned. The food was excellent. Chicken stuffed and asparagus- wonderful and flavorful chicken. Asparagus a bit over done. But the lobster Mac n Cheese is the BEST ever. And the Ahi Tuna was excellent as well. Our waitress was one of the nicest and energetic I've had. Go enjoy some excellent O Pops too- although they are a bit of heat!Special Features:
- Never a disappointment.TuscannyDined on 6/28/2014Slow start at first but the Capital Center for the Arts had a show and it was busy. Service was also slow at first, but when the crowd left it was perfect. Three out of four of us has some form of risotto and it was a win, the fourth had a stir fry which was just ok. Only thing I dislike about the restaurant is the noise level which is very high and very hard to have conversations. All in all a win.Special Features:
- Great ServiceSunshineDined on 6/14/2014The wait staff were very attentive and provided great service! The food is always top notch. Don't pass up the lobster mac and cheese!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice celebrationBrasndeisparentDined on 6/7/2014Food was excellent, service was great. Unfortunately we were near a very large and loud group some of whom appeared to have had a drink too manySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "O" stands for OKIHospitalityDined on 5/30/2014Menu was great but execution suffered. Both Steaks undercooked and Lamb over cooked. Cooks more interested in leaving than completing the dining experience.Special Features:
- Great Birthday Dinner!greatmealswithgreatpeopleDined on 5/24/2014Great food, nice ambiance! We went for my father's birthday dinner and the lobster mac and cheese was delicious as always! Went on a Saturday night and was surprised to find the place so busy even for little Concord, NH! I'd definitely recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!alphabetdaterDined on 5/24/2014We dined at O for a "Date Night" dinner. The food was fabulous! Everything about the evening was fantastic. Our reservation was for 5:45. We arrived early and they were able to seat us right away. The chef was able to accommodate my gluten and lactose intolerances. Service was attentive without hovering. I would definitely recommend this for a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 150 reviews are from the O Steaks & Seafood South reviews archive.
- What a disappointmentwayno53Dined on 5/23/2014I visited O with my wife, son and his fiancé. We had been to O before but were very disappointed with out dining experience. Our server was slow, distracted and mostly absent. The food was tasty but only warm and expensive, the restaurant is loud. We had to call on another waiter to find our waiter. He did offer to help us out, and took our leftovers to the kitchen and find our waiter. Our waiter finally returned, we were not offered dessert or coffee and he threw out the bone from my son's cowboy steak, which had a full meal on it. When we expressed his disappointment he just blew us off as did the hostess when I discussed this with her. I did email the restaurant but did not get a reply. We were all very disappointed.
- Dinner before the showCcpapatronDined on 5/17/2014The night our group of four spent at O coincided with two other large groups school and perhaps corporate. It was VERY loud. Our server was wonderful at seeking to meet our requests and anticipated many needs. The seafood was done very nicely, but the Kobe beef was overcooked. Perhaps another try when there is less sense of all hell breaking loose.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My $0,02 on O'smayhem8Dined on 5/15/2014Food and service were above average. The dining area has all hard surfaces and the ceiling was open and exposed all the way to the roof which just makes for a noisy experience if it's crowded, which it was. I had a hard time hearing the waitress. The writing on the menus was small (especially the prices, which may have been on purpose) and for dinner, it was dimly lit making it hard to read the menu in general. Food prices were on the high side (mostly $20-30+ entrees), especially when you factor in that the side dishes weren't included and were $4 each. The sides were very good sized though. Drink prices weren't outrageous with a martini being $9 and, if you're into that, they seemed to have a large wine selection.Special Features:
- Not "Hot"OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Food was well seasoned. Great flavor....very tasty. However, food was not hot, warm at best bordering room temperature. Family of 5, none of our entrees were hot. There was only one server. She brought our food out 1 or 2 at a time. Then we waited 3 - 5 minutes before she returned with next entrees and again we waited until she brought out our sides dishes. Perhaps they were short staffed due to Mother's day.Special Features:
- Great Mothers DayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014Andrew gave us a wonderful Mothers Day dining experience. He made some great suggestions,knew the menu from top tp bottom and gave us some great wine selections. Because of him and the wonderful food we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day2ndtimearoundDined on 5/11/2014My daughter and I enjoy a wonderful lunch on mothers day. The food was wonderful and the desert we shared was just as good. We don't live in Concord, It's a 1/2 way spot for us both. I have also enjoyed dinner here with siblings. We live all over the state. It's a great location for us all to meet and the food is always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice but dryhealthyfoodieDined on 5/11/2014Our mothers day brunch was OK but not outstanding. The crepes were cold and zabalione sauce had separated a bit. The fritata was good but came solo on a plate despite a promise of potatoes and the bread was a single piece of white bread not very interesting.Special Features:
- Not disappointedivy2000Dined on 5/10/2014We've been here several times. The food is always good, portions are gigantic. Service is hit or miss, but this time around we had fantastic service. Well-made drinks, good wine list. A safe bet for a good meal, good drinks and a nice evening out.Special Features:
- SuperbChrisJ75Dined on 5/3/2014Everything was amazing in this gorgeous restaurant. Steak was the best we've ever had. Seafood risotto was fabulous! We will definitely come back!Special Features:
- not happyLarryDined on 4/26/2014the food was great. the waitperson was terrific. the noise level was terrible. we could not hold a conversation. and it was so dark we had trouble reading the menu. we will not go back.Special Features:
- Mmm at O'sAverageJoeDined on 4/16/2014Overall delicious experience at O's. They are apparently known for their calamari. Which we tied but found heavy handed with the sweet/sour sauce. The meal faired much better my lamb was done just right as was my partners filet mignon. Waitstaff was always pleasant and accommodating the whole meal. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale in ConcordMWillyDined on 4/13/2014This is a gem in downtown Concord. We did not have to travel far to have an upscale dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014Service was good, however the scallops were undercooked and the lobster in the lobster mac was tough and dry. For the price of the meals, this is unacceptable. We probably won't be returning in the future.
- Excellent Menu and Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/24/2014Dined at O before a show at the Capital Center and had great service. The menu and wine choices were excellent. O is a nice place to go before or after a show and is within walking distance to the theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeharryDined on 3/22/2014I was extremely pleased with the quality of food and service. I will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Back RoomOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014We had not been to O Steaks and Seafood. When we arrived we were super impressed and excited about the buzz and ambience of the restaurant. We arrived a few minutes early for our 6pm booking. Although the bar area was busy, there were many tables open in the dining area on the other side of the room. BUT ... we were led to a back room, completely separate from the main restaurant, with no ambience at all. I asked the girl who took us to our table if there was a table available in the main area, but she was more concerned to see if we knew about some show going on at the convention center. I cannot tell you how disappointed we were :(
- Expected More for what I paidOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/21/2014Our server was outstanding. The first thing that went wrong is it said on their website they had Prime Rib Friday and Saturday nights. However, I was informed they no longer served Prime Rib. What steak house does not serve prime rib? I had my mind set and felt very let down. I ordered the lamb special which cost $42. The lamb was bland, I ordered it medium and it was rare. The pan fried potatoes were horrible. They tasted as if they were cooked in advance and heated up for my order. For that price I expected much better food. The place is very noisy because of the high ceilings.Special Features:
- Noisy atmosphereMaryPDined on 3/19/2014Had a wonderful dinner at O's. Service was exceptional and so was the food. My only critique is that it is too noisy. It's not romantic if you have to yell across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.