O Steaks & Seafood South
11 South Main Street
Concord, NH 03301Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
O Steaks & Seafood South
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.magicfoodsrestaurantgroup.com/
- Phone: (603) 856-7925
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Scott Ouellette Chef/Owner, Chef de Cusine Chris Roscoe
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Offering full on and off premise catering. Please call 603-707-6929 or visit us on line at www.magicfoodsnh.com, email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Offering private rooms up to 100 guest
A word from O Steaks & Seafood South
Another "must dine" created by Chef Owner Scott Ouellette, O Steaks & Seafood South is located in Concord, NH. Offering only the freshest ingredients we work to bring you the classic steak house with something extra. Steak not your choice? Try the Lobster Mac & Cheese or one of our freshly prepared seafood dishes. Don't miss the Corn Pudding which is a must have or the Kobe Beef O pops. O Steaks and Seafood's wine list has been hand selected by Scott offering over twenty wines by the glass.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
O Steaks & Seafood South reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (34)special occasion (33)good for groups (22)hot spot (20)notable wine list (19)vibrant bar scene (19)romantic (18)neighborhood gem (17)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Not your typical New England restaurant experienceRicoDined on 11/22/2014Very eclectic, atmosphere and food selections. A bit on the high side but worth that extra cost. My seafood risotto was loaded with large pieces of seafood. The caesar salad was a bit boring and dry. We ordered a side of mashed sweet potatoes with our meal which were creamy with just the right amount of sweetness. The drinks were very generous as were the portions. Two of us had enough to take home for lunch the next day. Noisy if you are sitting near the bar area but all and all it was comfy and we're planning to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed.CBINNHDined on 11/19/2014Enjoyed the food (short ribs are great); I would go back again. Specials should be in view of the tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice new findSAM75Dined on 11/15/2014Living outside of Manchester we don't often venture north for dinner however looking for a change of pace and O's was great. Atmosphere was relaxed but modern, it was a bit loud for my taste but we adjusted. Service was great, not too speedy which was good as we were looking to enjoy an evening and not be in and out in 45 minutes. Great variety of specialty cocktails and wines, many menu items to pick from. Calamari was great, entrees very good, would recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice meal in Concord.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reservationsnovaDined on 11/8/2014only issue I had was I made my reservations online and when we got there, the receptionist could not find my reservations on her computer, she was gracious enough to find us a table, so I know I would never make my reservations online again I would call and do it over the phone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service so farBobRVIPDined on 11/7/2014We had a nice meal here, and enjoyed some of the best service we've had at O so far. Our waitress was attentive and very personable, and did a great job of reading the timing and needs of the table.Special Features:
- When Steak is in the NamecasualcriticDined on 11/7/2014They have steak in the name and they know how you do it right. If you want the best steaks north of Boston, go to O. Everything else is great too, by the way, in case not everyone in your party is not a red meat lover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we were not rushedDPD41Dined on 11/1/2014We wanted to enjoy friends we hadn't seen in some time. Our server was attentive, but we never felt rushed. The pace of service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was OKoutandaboutDined on 10/29/2014The place was half full but evening started off very slow with drinks coming 15-20minutes after ordered. Things moved along from there. Drinks when they finally arrived were small and proportioned - i like a good pour these guys definitely do not do that - when asked if we could taste one of the on tap beers being offered we were told they don't do that - i told the waiter that was crazy and to get it which he eventually did and we liked it and ordered three glasses - crazy thinking on their part. Appetizers were good, entrees were OK - filet Mignon was better last visit about a year ago. Hostess was great and made up for some poor performance and frustration. Probably will not rush back again for the price other places are better.
- gourmandeVIPDined on 10/24/2014we are regular customers, and it was busy night, but did not appreciate being given worst table in the entire restaurant. Steak was good.
- Dependable parents day hangoutjdnycVIPDined on 10/24/2014We have a steady request from our child for a steak at O's whenever we come visit! O knows how to satisfy meat lovers and others as well, and rarely disappoints as service is smooth and attentive and food offerings are always at least good, some very good. (To my taste "seafood" vastly dominates "steak"in quality and value). No surprises, but sometimes that is a good thing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- HostessHelenaDined on 10/18/2014The hostess could have been more friendly , i.e. smile when she greeted us. She looked distracted and appeared "snooty" and unapproachable - not the best first impression if a restaurant wants to set itself apart on customer service. The food on the other hand, was consistently good and the steak was commendable. Thank you for the delicious food!Special Features:
- Great Steak and SeafoodfunmanDined on 10/18/2014I went in with apprehension as there were several negative reviews and not one was true. This was a very good dining experience. All the great attributes of a first class steak house. The only thing lacking was the true ambiance of the steak house, but the food measured up. My only disappointment was dessert. I had a filet and the lobster mac and cheese and both were outstanding. My wife had a tune dish which was also excellent. I would repeat but will hold off on dessert.Special Features:
- Good food but disappointingJojodinesDined on 10/11/2014When we arrived, we weren't warmly greeted by hostess. She was aloof and Though we had reservations, we were told she needed to see were she could "put us". Not a great table, but it would do. Upon being seated it was 15 minutes before our server even came to the table. She was warmer than the hostess but clearly not skilled in engaging with her parties. Perhaps she had too many tables. Our bread didn't come out until after our app. Restaurant was very noisy- but the food was excellent. If we go back we'd likely just have a bite in the bar. To spend $150+ for dinner for 2 and to feel like the staff didn't appreciate our patronage doesn't leave one rushing to go back. There are many other options that offer the complete experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tastyap66Dined on 10/9/2014Always a nice meal and good service at O. Well prepared, cooked right. Service is great. Nice place to dine in Concord.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HowiehowieshelDined on 9/28/2014Great Restaurant, First time and was Excellent. Our waitress second day and you would have thought she was there for years. O's cares to hire well trained staff so service is right from day one. Wine selection were very nice with many by the glass choices. Very hip atmosphere and the prices were very good considering what your paying for. It is an A1 for us and we will be back frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Salad was awesome blasted with air from door opening bread was a little undercooked entrees tasted good, fish was fresh
- gourmandeVIPDined on 9/24/2014filet was excellent this time nicely chargrilled per the menuSpecial Features:
- Plesantly surprisedChiefVIPDined on 9/20/2014Booked online on the way back from NH Highland Games Great food and drinks and a super waitstaff...will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimersnewbeefoodieDined on 9/18/2014Both the food and service were great. The kitchen was a little slow . We were told that there was a large party...I never let something like that stop me from going back. The seafood risotto was amazing. The homemade chip appetizer was also amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedWeLoveNOLADined on 9/13/2014A promising meal and bar menu, but each item missed its mark. The bread was delicious, but why add honey to the sweet butter? Uck. I was curious about a cucumber/jalapeno cocktail, but for the first time in my life returned a cocktail! Bland to the extreme. The bourbon old fashioned also too sweet. Calamari was so tender, and perfectly fried, but they added SUGAR to the crumbs! Spicy sauce offset it a bit, but what is it about sugar and this restaurant? Best way to ruin the flavor of beautiful natural food- add sweetener. Husband's braised short ribs were dry. How the heck does a nice place overdo braised short ribs??? Seafood risotto lacked sparkle and flavor. Lots of leftovers. Might stop by for appetizers and wine sometime.
- Date NightJustinPDined on 9/12/2014We took my 5 year old daughter here for her first ever fancy-table dress up date night. It was pretty special and we all had a great time.. O's had a nice environment and friendly wait staff which was high quality and also sensitive and nurturing to our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/4/2014We had a small group so we tried many different wines, appetizers and entrees and everything was excellent.Special Features:
- SoliddetourjrDined on 8/30/2014Very nice experience at O's. Good food and drink - I had sea bass on crab & asparagus risotto with a Hendrix G&T, and it was surprisingly not very busy on a Saturday evening. I know Concord doesn't have much of a nightlife in general, but I expected O's to be one of the few places in town that actually drew a crowd. The service was fine - nothing spectacular, and that is also consistent with my previous experiences there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014They have really good food, and the service was also really good.Special Features:
- Dinner OutOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/19/2014Great meal just before seeing Jackson Browne in concert, just after meeting him in person!!Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/19/2014This was our first visit to NH and to O. We had a superb dinner for two consisting of escargot, ahi tuna (large), mixed greens, sea bass with crab and asparagus risotto, and an order of asparagus. Although the risotto was a bit underdone, the side of asparagus was overdone, one escargot was missing, and the sea bass was a bit overdone, everything was delicious and our server timed each dish perfectly. She also had the kitchen split our salad and sea bass onto two plates since we were sharing. We had a 5:00 P.M. reservation and were seated promptly. The noise level was very low at the start of our dinner but escalated quickly as the dining room filled up. We would return to this restaurant again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014Food and service excellent, probably the best restaurant in Concord.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of best in townap66Dined on 8/5/2014We go a couple times a year. Usually for an occasion of some sort or just a nice dinner. Staff is good. Food is quite good. One of the better places in Concord. I like all of the places owned by this local restaurant group. They seem to know what they are doing and deliver a good product. I would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in ConcordFromDerryDined on 8/4/2014Our first visit was very pleasant. The food and service were very good. Though the prices are a bit high we felt they were appropriate for the quality of the food and the atmosphere. We would not hesitate to return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014The food at O's was incredible! Everything was fresh and prepared to perfection. Chocolate cake martini was delicious as well. There could have been another wait person staffed on the patio, but the one woman did a good job keeping up with all of the activity. We'll definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 161 reviews are from the O Steaks & Seafood South reviews archive.
- Food: awesome. Atmosphere: meh.Mr2DarcyDined on 7/25/2014To say their food is delicious is an understatement - it's phenomenal. My wife's lobster mac 'n cheese was, in her words, the best she's ever had. My braised short ribs were meaty, tender, and full of flavor, and the jalapeno-cheddar corn pudding was uniquely smooth, rich, and the perfect complement to the ribs. The one thing that annoys me, however, is the noise level - which is, at times, unbearable due to the fact that there is no divider between the lounge area and the dining room. If you want a nice, quiet, romantic dinner out, O's is definitely not the place to go; if, on the other hand, you don't mind yelling at your date in order to carry on a conversation, then it's perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising in ConcordNHable12Dined on 7/24/2014Took my husband here for his birthday and it was so good- a Kobe beef steak in Concord, NH? Truly never thought I'd see the day. He said it was the best steak he's ever had so that says enough! Only complaint was that it was so loud, not much separation from the after-work-happy-hour crowd but other than the noise no issues! we will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014On 7/19/2014, my family and I went to dinner at "O" in Concord NH. We chose this venue over others that we were more familiar with as "O" was recommended by a friend and we thought we'd give it a try. Our reservation via Open Table worked perfectly and when we arrived for our reservation, we were promptly seated. We had issues with the lighting, availability/visibility of our waiter, quality of the food and responsiveness of the management team to rectify our issues. Although we were open to giving "O" another try at a later date, it was clear that management was not interested in having our future business as we were insulted that we had to go through 3 levels of management to get a refund for a $28 meal that was of very poor quality.
- A great place with great service!jasonctDined on 7/11/2014Our server, Jessica was a shining example of someone who should be working at an upper class steak house. She was attentive without being overbearing and knowledgeable about the menu when we had questions. We were a foursome of friends and we each ordered different steaks. We were all pleased with the done-ness level of each of our selections, medium rare was truly a perfect steakhouse medium rare! A nit that I have with restaurants is when they call beef Kobe. Unless the meat comes from Japan or is from the herd of cattle that the Koch brothers have, I hate seeing Kobe beef on a menu. It should simply say USDA Choice or Prime. (Note that Angus or Black Angus certified or otherwise is nothing more than a brand.)Special Features:
- A good choice for a special nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014The choice was based on a gift card we owned. The food was excellent. Chicken stuffed and asparagus- wonderful and flavorful chicken. Asparagus a bit over done. But the lobster Mac n Cheese is the BEST ever. And the Ahi Tuna was excellent as well. Our waitress was one of the nicest and energetic I've had. Go enjoy some excellent O Pops too- although they are a bit of heat!Special Features:
- Never a disappointment.TuscannyDined on 6/28/2014Slow start at first but the Capital Center for the Arts had a show and it was busy. Service was also slow at first, but when the crowd left it was perfect. Three out of four of us has some form of risotto and it was a win, the fourth had a stir fry which was just ok. Only thing I dislike about the restaurant is the noise level which is very high and very hard to have conversations. All in all a win.Special Features:
- Great ServiceSunshineDined on 6/14/2014The wait staff were very attentive and provided great service! The food is always top notch. Don't pass up the lobster mac and cheese!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice celebrationBrasndeisparentDined on 6/7/2014Food was excellent, service was great. Unfortunately we were near a very large and loud group some of whom appeared to have had a drink too manySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "O" stands for OKIHospitalityDined on 5/30/2014Menu was great but execution suffered. Both Steaks undercooked and Lamb over cooked. Cooks more interested in leaving than completing the dining experience.Special Features:
- Great Birthday Dinner!greatmealswithgreatpeopleDined on 5/24/2014Great food, nice ambiance! We went for my father's birthday dinner and the lobster mac and cheese was delicious as always! Went on a Saturday night and was surprised to find the place so busy even for little Concord, NH! I'd definitely recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.