O Fine Japanese Cuisine - Laguna Beach
30872 S Coast Highway
Laguna Beach, CA 92651Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
O Fine Japanese Cuisine - Laguna Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ofinejapanesecuisine.com/location-lagunabeach.htm
- Phone: 9497155551
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Executive Chef: Master Chef R.W.
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Montage Resort Drive
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We are conveniently located in the same shopping center as Albertson supermarket in Laguna Beach. There are plenty of parking spaces throughout the shopping center and Albertson supermarket has its parking spaces underground.
A word from O Fine Japanese Cuisine - Laguna Beach
Welcome to O Fine Japanese Cuisine, the restaurant serves contemporary Japanese cuisine and traditional sushi in an elegant and comfortable setting. Explore beyond the sushi and sashimi such wonderful dishes as Chillean Sea Bass Misoyaki, Garlic Beef or Lobster Tail Dynamite with Snow Crab. There is something for everyone from our one item entree to a variety of sushi, sashimi and fusion cuisines. We are conveniently located inside the Albertson shopping center with plenty of parking spaces for local residents or visitors. Please join us for the wonderful, exciting, O experience. We look forward to serving you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
O Fine Japanese Cuisine - Laguna Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)great for lunch (4)fit for foodies (4)kid-friendly (3)romantic (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Great food but VERY noisyJohnDined on 9/14/2014This is our 6 or 7th visit to "O" The food is godd and the service great but always seems to have a ot of kids who create havoc. We went on Sunday and we had a table next to us with four or five wilds kids who had NO discipline at all. They spilt food and water all over the floor and ran around at will. I felt very sorry for the staff who had to clean up the mess when they left.Special Features:
- good place for lunchKimvaDined on 9/13/2014O Fine Japanese restaurant is a good place for sushi lunch. We were staying at Montage Resort so we were able to walk to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceFuzzyDined on 9/10/2014We had a great dinner at this restaurant. Their Chilean Sea bass Miso-yaki was so flavorful, juicy and tender, I couldn't stop eating! There are several "fusion" sushi rolls. They all looked good, but the majority of them involve "spicy" ingredients, so if you are not into "spicy" rolls, the choices may be limited. But if you are, you are in for a treat. We had one of their specialty rolls which was very different from the ordinary "roll", but divine! Great presentation on everything they serve. The service was very thoughtful and friendly, we felt very comfortable dinning though it was our first time at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GastroVIPDined on 9/6/2014Loud. Unaccommodating. Mediocre cooked food. Sea bass eas undercooked slightly.
- lackluster.lagunaDined on 8/23/2014Service was 'blind' andl lacked community. Food was artful but lacked flavor. Price exceeded quality.
- Bento Box SpecialsbradVIPDined on 6/23/2014Tucked into the strip mall across from Albertson's is the best lunch deal in Laguna Beach. Bento box with two entrees, soup, salad, pickles, rice, and sashimi or 4 pc. Cali roll for $12.95. Everything very fresh and very tasty. Prices very reasonable. Last call for lunch 2:20 sharp so be there plenty early.Special Features:
- The following 50 reviews are from the O Fine Japanese Cuisine - Laguna Beach reviews archive.
- FabulouschrissyDined on 5/11/2014The food was amazing. Great quantities and creative dishes. I am so happy I went for a mother's day lunch. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Our new favorite in Newport!EpicureanVIPDined on 4/18/2014The sushi was very fresh! The udon was delicious, not too salty, very tasty broth. The service was great; everyone was friendly. I think we've found a new favorite Japanese restaurant in Newport.Special Features:
- Perfect place for Japanese foodChrisVIPDined on 3/16/2014Excellent, traditional Japanese food but reasonable prices, especially at lunch. Bilingual staff is warm and welcoming. Ambiance is smart, modern yet comfortable and homey. Hard to "peg" this place except to say it's where we go for Japanese food.Special Features:
- Great, fresh sushi!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/4/2014We've been here a couple times and the fish is always super fresh and the service excellent. The rolls are a bit more expensive, but you get a LOT of fish and all of their special rolls are delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine JapaneseEliasVIPDined on 11/27/2013In Orange County, we Always had our favorite in Bluefin but "O" is a very good alternative the crispi rice tuna and the diversity of fine Japanese dishes make it a great alternative for good Japanese eating. It remind me of my four years In Japan. Is great to have a family restaurant close by with excellent service great food variety and good sushi and sashimi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun PlaceRCMJrVIPDined on 11/11/2013This is a fun place to go. The sushi was good and the menu had some unique options. The sushi chef was riot and made the evening a lot of fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemKathleenDDined on 10/19/2013This was a delightful place for lunch right off of the 101. It was a little hard to find as it is in the back of a shopping center. I was hoping for a larger variety of rolls during the day but they did have a nice variety of nonsushi plates otherwise.Special Features:
- This was an excellent placerkL2eatDined on 10/4/2013This was an excellent place for great sushi! We enjoyed the food and the service was very friendly and efficient. Don't let its casual location of a local shopping center deter you, this is a wonderful place to eat. Highly recommend Poki Nachos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good...as usualjeffDined on 9/20/2013Recently moved from New York to Laguna Beach and this was our 2nd time here. Food and service are excellent---what more can you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLagunaGuyVIPDined on 9/14/2013One of my favorite Japanese restaurants. The food is simply amazing and is only surpassed by the amazing service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love O!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/2/2013We go almost once a week and it is great every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2013What a great find! The sushi was delicious- and some pieces were very unique. Wonderfully fresh- it melts in your mouth the way good sushi should. Ambiance was fun- a beautiful and trendy- but small, place. Staff was excellent and attentive. I went here on a date night, and we had a great time, and will definitely be back.Special Features:
- SolidOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/6/2013Food was ok, nothing special though. Nothing really to complain about, but that it did not meet expectations I have, when I see a close to 5 star average.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Because my expectations areWendiVIPDined on 4/16/2013Because my expectations are extremely high and my taste is subjective, I could not give it five stars because it doesn't compare to my favourites. I ordered a plate of mixed nigiri sushi. It was served on a plate with lemon and fried onion flakes. It was pretty good. All the pieces has seared fish, which did not make the sushi taste bad. I also ordered the Chilean seabass misoyaki (??). It was delicious and came with a small salad and miso soup. I was unable to eat more than a bite because I was already full. I definitely would come here again, but only if my first choice options were closed.Special Features:
- We have a group of eight whoJohnDined on 3/19/2013We have a group of eight who play cards twice a month then go out to dinner. This is one of our favorites. Good food and outstanding service.Special Features:
- The place was much smallerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2013The place was much smaller than it appears in photo, and was not ideal for our family sized group. However, for a couple it would have been idealSpecial Features:
- Awesome service, and amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/24/2013Awesome service, and amazing food. Can't wait to return to try more on the menu! Try the lotus chips!Special Features:
- A very good shopping cnter JapaneseJohnDined on 9/18/2012This Restaurant is very authentic with a Japanese staff who will make you welcome. Plenty of free parking in the shopping Center.Special Features:
- We were seated as soon asOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2012We were seated as soon as we arrived. The menu was quite large, and that concerned me at first. I usually think that a very large menu equates to not very fresh food (especially with sushi), but that was not the case. The food was really good, the fish very fresh, and the prices were not bad. We were hungry when we arrived, and kept ordering more food. Our server was very nice. She brought things in a thoughtful order, and actually questioned whether we really wanted the last few things we ordered. We were so glad she did. Had we gotten everything that we ordered, we would not have been able to eat it all. What we had was perfect. Mostly sushi but also an order of mixed tempura (served very hot and crispy, yum! All very good!!Special Features:
- Great sushi, very friendlywoodinvillemomDined on 7/23/2012Great sushi, very friendly service, would love to go again. Great spot for kids.Special Features:
- Excellent food. A little onJerryDined on 6/22/2012Excellent food. A little on the pricer side, but worth it.
- SUPER FRESH SUSHIOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2012THE FISH WAS EXTREMELY FRESH. EXCELLENT DRY SAKE AND REASONABLE PRICESSpecial Features:
- The sushi was the best we'veOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/17/2012The sushi was the best we've had in Orange County. The presentation was gorgeous and the food tasted as good as it looked. The fish was ultra fresh. This is our new favorite sushi place. The service was top notch as well.Special Features:
- Very good sushi in a smallerOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/15/2012Very good sushi in a smaller unpretentious restaurant. The young waitress gave good recommendations.Special Features:
- Quality of sushi is top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/28/2012Quality of sushi is top notch with friendly staff!Special Features:
- Good Food and excellent service.JohnDined on 5/27/2012Good Food and excellent service. One of our favorites
- Food was disappointing atOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/5/2012Food was disappointing at best. Staff lacked knowledge of menu items and ingredients.
- Amazing little gem hiddenOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/10/2012Amazing little gem hidden away. Some of the most fantastic sushi I've had to date!Special Features:
- I've been 3 times in a row,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2012I've been 3 times in a row, I've been there alone and I felt like home. Very good chef, service and owmer. I will go again when back in LagunaSpecial Features:
- The food was really excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2012The food was really excellent. I had selected this place as it looked it was near the laguna beach. But it ended up in a shopping complex next to CVS. No view of the ocean. If you ever wish to go try their Spicy Hawaiian Roll. The sauce is really tasty. Overall a good place to have lunch but not recommended for special occasions.Special Features:
- Sat at the bar and asked ifOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/14/2012Sat at the bar and asked if they served omakase...place wasn't that busy so when the chef said :"yes" we figured to get some nice little dishes. Instead we got off the menu rolls and some basic sashimi. As a note our second dish was some large, delicious looking pieces of toro that unfortunately all had chewy layer running through them.
- Great restaurant. We hadOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/8/2012Great restaurant. We had a large party of 10 and the waiter was a little frazzled. Maybe they needed another server that night to handle our large/demanding party! Love the food. Some of the best sushi ever!Special Features:
- I liked it but from the picturesPickyDined on 1/4/2012I liked it but from the pictures on the website, I thought it was much bigger then it was. Also, I thought it had an ocean view ... again from the pictures. The food was good.Special Features:
- Great little placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011I definitely did not suspect this place- it is so tiny and tucked in a teenie corner of the Albertson's plaza in Laguna Beach. I was almost wondering what I signed us up for. We went inside and it almost transforms into this amazing little sushi spot with amazing ambiance. This was some of the best sushi we have had yet and the service was amazing. Will definitely go again.Special Features: