O Fine Japanese Cuisine - Irvine
6731 Quail Hill Parkway
Irvine, CA 92603Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
O Fine Japanese Cuisine - Irvine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ofinejapanesecuisine.com/Home.html
- Phone: 9497481896
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Executive Chef: Master Chef R.W.
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from O Fine Japanese Cuisine - Irvine
Welcome to O Fine Japanese Cuisine, the restaurant serves contemporary Japanese cuisine and traditional sushi in an elegant and comfortable setting. Explore beyond the sushi and sashimi such wonderful dishes as Chillean Sea Bass Misoyaki, Garlic Beef or Lobster Tail Dynamite with Snow Crab. There is something for everyone from our one item entree to a variety of sushi, sashimi and fusion cuisines. We are conveniently located inside the Albertson shopping center with plenty of parking spaces for local residents or visitors. Please join us for the wonderful, exciting, O experience. We look forward to serving you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
O Fine Japanese Cuisine - Irvine reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (3)great for lunch (2)good for groups (2)romantic (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Great Local Family RunVIP1000dinesVIPDined on 9/5/2014Great new menu compared to the one on the OpenTable website. More like Japanese Tapas, with lots of cooked and raw options. I can enjoy the sashimi special while my husband enjoys the garlic ribeye. So many varied selections with rolls, our favorite TNT, to tempura classics and brussel sprouts. Super nice friendly folks who will go out of their way to make sure you have a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite sushi placeLocalgrlVIPDined on 7/10/2014O Fine is my favorite sushi place. I've had sushi all over the country and O Fine is the best. They are very creative, fresh, and they will make special orders, no problem. Everyone I have brought to O Fine really enjoyed it and agreed that it was the best. I love the location and that not everyone knows about it.
- O Fine Always DeliciousVIP1000dinesVIPDined on 6/6/2014We enjoyed another great dinner on Friday night. Kampachi with jalapeño and ponzu, rib eye steak, tempura and salad.Special Features:
- Has gotten expensiveellenVIPDined on 5/26/2014We've dined at O several times and always found it to be a great value, as well as good food. But, they've changed their menu, so everything is a la carte. What was a complete dinner, with rice, soup, salad, and a main course, is now just a slab of meat or fish on a plate, and, everything (even a bowl of rice) is extra. Sooo, with this change in policy, we can find better food at the same or lower prices, with less noise to boot. We won't be back.
- Consistently goodTPBRVIPDined on 5/26/2014I eat here often with work colleagues and we always have good service. The food is good and the prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 91 reviews are from the O Fine Japanese Cuisine - Irvine reviews archive.
- Working DinnerJennaDined on 5/14/2014Enjoyed the ambience, food and service at O Fine... we scheduled a working dinner and requested a private area to accomodate and we had a great section of the restaurant to ourselves. The music was a touch loud for work, but added to the vibrancy and fun of the venue. I would recommend.Special Features:
- Hungry for uni?marikoDined on 4/30/2014Seldom do you find a restaurant that has uni sushi. Seeing it on the menu I asked if it was fresh or canned - the answer was a resounding fresh which became obvious with my first bite. Sea urchin eggs are a rare treat and these were excellent!Special Features:
- 50/50eattoworkoutDined on 3/2/2014I came here from the Bay Area while visiting a friend in Irvine, and I was intrigued. The restaurant gave off a great vibe, and the hostess was friendly enough. Service was fast and the waitress was extremely kind. She showed me the happy hour list, but wasn't pushy about ordering from it. The food was absolutely amazing! However, I was a bit interested (disappointed isn't quite the right word because taste was perfect). I'm accustomed to ordering pricy sushi and receiving small portions, but the portions that were brought out were definitely not worth the price. If I'm in the area again, I will definitely go there again, but it isn't worth a 500-mile drive.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/1/2014The food was delicious! All of the rolls we got tasted amazing. The rolls we received were obviously fresh and had just been made. The Miso soup with mushrooms was delicious and something you don't see in many menus. The Tempura ice cream was the perfect desert to finish an amazing meal. The service was amazing especially considering we were a party of 7. Our drinks were refilled without asking and we we asked if everything was good frequently. When we asked for something it was brought within minutes. Great food, service, and location. Highly Recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not good for Valentines DayCindysmealsDined on 2/14/2014We had 7pm reservations. When we arrived we found that not only did we have 7pm reservations but many parties were booked for the same time. Now add walk-ins to this mix, and you have confusion. We were told we had a 20 minute wait. When we were seated our server was very nice but when I asked why I received our appetizer after we started receiving our sushi, I was told that another server gave it to a different table. So - the food is fantastic. Always continues to delight. O needs to work on reservations and service when dealing with a holiday. I confirmed that going to dinner on Valentines Day is not so pleasant and always go to my favorite sushi place - O - on any other day of the year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok Sushi.......VdayDined on 2/14/2014The restaurant was in a nice part of Irvine, however it is extremely small in some areas. The place I was sat was slammed really close to the wall, making it very hard for the waiter to get to myself and me get out. I wouldn’t go again, the food was OK but not work the cost.Special Features:
- Good RollsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/31/2014People in my party liked the different rolls. One had chicken teriyaki and another had beef. The beef could have been more tender. The prices were a bit high.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodvoyageVIPDined on 1/26/2014Really glad we got to try this place! Great food and fresh fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New menu expanded dining roomVIP1000dinesVIPDined on 1/24/2014What a pleasant surprise to find that O Fine had modified the space and created a larger dining room. The service was much improved with more staff. We enjoyed trying the different new offerings. Open table website needs to update the online menu. We especially enjoyed the amber jack from Hawaii... Melt in your mouth delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an enjoyable experience!fastoysVIPDined on 1/12/2014We are always delighted by the fine fish selection and excellent service!Special Features:
- NYE dinnerMiy58Dined on 12/31/2013Always amazing food! NYE free sake and wine toast at 9 (midnight on the east coast). It was pretty busy and we had to constantly flag down the waitress for silverware, to order food, drinks etc...but overall a great time and great fresh sushi... The crunch red dragon roll is the best!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good serviceJv21Dined on 12/31/2013Came here with a group of 10 on NYE. Showed up 15 minutes late and host had to give table away. He was very apologetic. I was annoyed at first but this host which we never got his name but called him DTF (he mentioned having to go to Dtwn Fullerton) absolutely have the best service hands down. Knowing that we were aggravated with having to wait for a new table. He brought complimentary bottles, yes I said bottles - of cold sake - on the house. He also brought out wine glasses for the ladies with us. Which we all thought was very nice of him to do. The above and beyond customer service didn't stop there. We received more drinks on the house throughout our dinner. The rest of the staff were all great also! I'll be coming back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousStephDined on 12/31/2013We went to O for NYE. It was delicious as always. The only thing that was disappointing was that they no longer carried sparkling sake. Otherwise it was a good experience.Special Features:
- New Menu, New YearVIP1000dinesVIPDined on 12/31/2013We had a delightful dinner at our neighborhood favorite O Fine. Expecting to order our usual dinners, we were suprised to see a brand new menu. No more dinners, everything was a la carte with many new options. We brought our own champagne which was a hoot, since our server popped the cork clear above the Sushi bar from the dining room. Very Funny. The sushi, sashimi and tataki we ordered were very fresh. Reminded us of Hawaii portions and prices. This is a good thing. Go! Try the new menu and enjoy the great new concept.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem in the NeighborhoodFoodiesfromOCDined on 12/24/2013We were pleasantly surprised finding this restaurant. The ambience a little more upscale with great food presentation and excellent food quality, we were not disappointed. We arrived for an early Christmas eve dinner and had the seared salmon crunchy roll, scallop and crab avocado and lamb chop with rice and side salad. Portion size of the chops seemed small but turned out to be just right and the quality and taste of the food was excellent, We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- We thought the food was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/20/2013We thought the food was very good and priced very well. The decor was lovely and the service was good.Special Features:
- FAR too expensive!SushiReviewerDined on 12/2/2013I chose this restaurant as locale for a "first date" (and for a woman that was of course, a sushi fan). The convenient locale within Irvine, and the modern, soothing ambience of the decor seemed a perfect fit for relaxed dining and "get to know you" conversation. Unfortunately, while I researched the built environment, I didn't do NEARly enough searching about price. To feed two people "adequetely" (we didn't leave at all stuffed) the total bill with tip was over $90!! And that total didn't include drinks or dessert! Had we had either, and the total would have likely crested $110 - 120!! Ridiculous! Considering that a "quality" sushi buffet at any of five locale spots is usually about $20/per...needless to say, I made an expensive mistake.
- Best SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/27/2013We love O! Sushi is always fresh and I love their specials! Fun place to go eat! Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh, delish sushiwleeDined on 11/9/2013We had a party of 8 and were seated right away at a table in the back. Cool ambience. Everyone ordered sushi. It came out at different times so some people were eating while others were still waiting. Kind of a bummer that we didn't all have food at the same time. However, the sushi was totally fresh and yummy. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- First time visitcharliDined on 9/20/2013We really enjoyed our time at your restaurant and the food was delicious!!!!Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/10/2013Great selection of rolls. Decent quality for fish. Pricing was moderate. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- A little gem for outstanding sushiCindysmealsDined on 8/1/2013Although this little gem is not cheap - you hobestly do get what you pay for with this wonderful Restaraunt . Not only is it well appointed with great modern touches mixed with an Asian atmosphere but the food is not only creative and of a high quality, but the presentation and finally the taste is simply wonderful! My favorite sushi bar.Special Features:
- Always Good!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/13/2013This restaurant has wonderful food and good service. Excellent experience.Special Features:
- I had the spicy tuna rollOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/4/2013I had the spicy tuna roll and yellowtail sushi by he sushi was delicious. It had a wasabi and citrus thing on it that was to die for. The roll was just a roll. (It was the one unlike donut was good). The tuna was spicy and tasted amazing!Special Features:
- This is just the second timemmc29VIPDined on 3/22/2013This is just the second time I've been to O, despite living just down the street for nearly two years. They have a great selection of sushi as well as other Japanese dishes. I expect O will become a frequent dining spot for my husband and I.Special Features:
- We always have a perfect mealLauraVIPDined on 3/16/2013We always have a perfect meal when coming to O Fine. We dine here once a week, sometimes two. We usually order: O Roll Sashimi Roll Tako sashimi Scallop sashimi Albacore belly sashimi The service is impeccable and the fish is always fresh. I would highly recommend any sushi lover to dine here.Special Features:
- I used OpenTable to createSoCalTouristVIPDined on 2/21/2013I used OpenTable to create a reservation. This was my first time to the place. Food: Awesome! I would recommend the food Service: Refills were monitored (which is something I use as a measuring stick), server was friendly. Location: Good with ample parking even when busy - you may need to park 40 yards away but not bad at all. My disappointment is: I was taking a colleague to lunch to celebrate his birthday. I put that in the opentable notes but nothing was done. I asked if something, anything, could be done. I would have appreciated if the waitress or hostess had told me up front that they don't do anything for birthdays, I would have given the guy a card or something instead. I just wish they told me.Special Features:
- Epic Sushi FailOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/14/2013I was traveling with two business colleagues, and we decided to try O Fine Japanese. We had reservations for 3 at 7pm on Valentine's Day. Huge mistake. Despite showing up on time, we were given a 30-45 minute wait. The poor front desk staff looked completely overwhelmed. We figured waiting 30+ minutes was better than trying something else, so we went next door for a glass of wine. We when we returned 20 minutes later, the situation had deteriorated. We ended up waiting an hour and not getting a table - finally gave up. I have no idea if the food was good, as I assume the service wouldn't be wretched on a random day. But the place was loud, sweaty and had an unpleasant odor to it. I'm guessing there are better sushi joints in this area.
- Fast Food JapaneseTakeMyAdviceVIPDined on 2/3/2013Bento box w/teriyaki beef was thin and rubbery. California roll not good at all. We were hoping this would more upscale, but instead it was more like fast food Japanese.
- The best sushi in Orange County!thatgirlDined on 1/25/2013The best sushi in Orange County! Great service and beautiful sushi bar.Special Features:
- Great sushi roles and choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2012Great sushi roles and choices for sushi-phobes as well! Will be back again!Special Features:
- Early DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2012Since we ate at an early hour,the ratio of staff to guests was in our favor. The added attention was appreciated. O has the feeling of an upscale restaurant at a moderate price.Special Features:
- We always enjoy having sushifastoysVIPDined on 12/1/2012We always enjoy having sushi here, friendly place that is always a joy to come back to.Special Features:
- Consistently excellent. MyNoreenVIPDined on 10/12/2012Consistently excellent. My husband dined here before I moved down with our children. I prefer to dine here alone with my husband when we can because it is so good avd the staff is so attentive but they are also great with children too.Special Features:
- great place for sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 10/9/2012Good food made by nice, friendly sushi chef. I was impressed by the quality and freshness. Will definitely code back.Special Features: