5550 NW 40th Street
Coconut Creek, FL 33073Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.seminolecoconutcreekcasino.com/dining/nyy-steak
- Phone: 9549356699
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday through Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Legends Lounge open until 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Wheelchair Access
A word from NYY Steak
The best steak house in South Florida is here at Seminole Casino Coconut Creek. Around every upscale corner, you'll find signature Yankee touches like our autographed wall of past and present players, baseball diamond-shaped dishes marked with retired Yankee numbers. Out of our award winning, open kitchen, the finest dry aged USDA Prime steaks, five-star seafood and sumptuous desserts, presented with perfection. There's no place like it in Florida. Legends Lounge offers you the best lounge to enjoy live entertainment and amazing drinks with friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
NYY Steak - Best Restaurants in Coral Springs ›
NYY Steak reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (95)romantic (50)fit for foodies (42)notable wine list (34)good for groups (30)great for brunch (24)neighborhood gem (20)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (17)late-night find (14)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Second time visiting for a special occasion. Seated in front of the glass wall to view the kitchen and its operation. Food and service is superb. Their filet cuts like butter. Jeffrey was our waiter each time; he remains friendly and caring of your dining experience.Special Features:
- My 16 year AnniversaryBadanniversaryDined on 9/12/2014My husband and me are huge yankee fans and he saw a commercial and we at this point decided to dine and make reservations. We live in Miami it took a little over an hour to arrive. The effort that we made to dine at the restuarant for us was great. My steak was burned - black in color and to cook a new one would have to wait for another 30 minutes. I decided to enjoy my baked potatoe and didn't have the famous steak. My husband rib eye was great - we ended up sharing. The manager gave us a card with a free wine bottle - I don't drink. Anyways needless to say it was not even close to our expectation. Would we drive over an hour to visit the restuarant again ... Probably not. I believe that as a new experience it wasn't worth it.
- Great FindnamajanVIPDined on 9/8/2014I made an early reservation. We were seated immediately. Our waiter Dwayne brought menus & explained the specials. We ordered 2 merlots and a martini. They make good drinks. We relaxed with our drinks as we wanted to visit. I had the oysters rockefeller which were excellent as an app. We ended up ordering another since others two wanted another tasting One ordered a large Ozzie dinner salad , my hubby ordered the crab legs and I order the petite filet. Cooked to perfection. Side of creamed spinach and well done potatoes with onions. Everything was very good. I would definitely go back. Headed to the casino for an hour so. To make the evening complete I won $200.00 which pretty much paid for dinner. I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Elegant Experiencefood4thoughtDined on 9/6/2014The restaurant was superb and everything was outstanding. Personnel from the hostess to the wait staff were friendly, courteous, well informed. It was a little noisy for an older crowd, but younger diners would definitely enjoy the atmosphere. The presentation of the courses was well done and almost exceeded by the quality and flavor of the foods. Would definitely enjoy going again and again.Special Features:
- THE BEST FOOD IN FLORIDA !CONNIEANGELDined on 9/6/2014GREAT STEAKS, LOBSTER , LAMB ! AND THE HELP ARE ALL SO FRIENDLY .Special Features:
- frankswifeDined on 9/5/2014Our server was Jennifer. She is a real asset to the restaurant. Everything was perfect. It was our anniversary and they took a great picture of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a must for special occasionnyeratheartDined on 9/2/2014Went for birthday celebration. Once you enter restaurant you forget you are in local casino. Had that upscale steakhouse feel and decor and the Yankee memorabilia was visible but did not takeover. Wait staff very attentive but not hovering. Food was exceptional and prepared as ordered. This will be our go to celebration restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/20142nd time to eat here and great food and service as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentallaneDined on 9/1/2014Ranks just as well as other prime steak houses in FloridaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Everything was fabulous...we started off with he crab bisque that you can't get many places, it was fantastic...the NY strip melts in your mouth, the creamed spinach and creamed corn were to die for! unfortunately didn't have room for dessert but we did have the leftovers for lunch and next day and enjoyed it just as much!!Special Features:
- Service not what it use to beLattegirl10Dined on 8/31/2014We have been going to NYY off and on for over a year. The food is still great but the service and wait staff is lacking. We always order the cowboy ribeye and the waiters would cut it off the bone and slice it, this time the waitress Jennifer said take it to the chef. She was not friendly, also usually the the servers serve you the first serving of your side, this time they just out it on the table . Also, previous visits we received a hot towel, I guess they stopped that???? Great food but service was below par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Wonderful BrunchFoodie123Dined on 8/31/2014Our favorite spot for celebrations. Surrounded by Yankee Memorablila in a casually elegant atmosphere. Dinner is always superb. The Beef aged and cooked to perfection. Brunch is a gourmet wonderland. Backed by a beautiful acoustic guitarist. Even the buffet items are individually plated within the warmers. (ie Chili dusted Scallops with prosciutto wrapped mini asperagus Eggs benedict with pork. Creme Brulee French toast.) Seafood plentiful, fresh and delicious. The bellinis are a favorite (Peach, Mango, Pear) as well as the Yoo-Hoo Float. A signature throwback to NY.Special Features:
- RedheadVIPDined on 8/29/2014The food and service was amazing, I had the Seabass over risotto and my husband had the New York Strip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014It was not inexpensive, however the steak and lobster was unreal. The chocolate cake is the best ever. Be prepared for the bill though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was my son's birthdayefliegVIPDined on 8/27/2014We have been there at least 7 times, but no one knows you. The front desk is cold, the waiters are cold. Not a friendly bunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FAB-U-LICIOUSColeenDined on 8/27/2014Have dined there multiple times & each time it is a total party for the taste buds. The wait staff (very partial to Dave & Dave although everyone is good) provides great recommendations and do not mind if you share or dine family style. Tried seared Sea Scallops, Crab Cakes, Fresh Nyy Steak Bacon, Colossal Stuffed BBQ Shrimp, Oysters Rockefeller, New York Strip, Long Bone Cowboy Ribeye (the brand your initials in the bone), Twin South African Cold Water Lobster Tails, Oscar sauce, blue cheese sauce, au poive sauce, crab meat sauce, NYY corn (reluctant to get, but WOW was it delicious), loaded baked potato, lobster mac A MUST, button mushrooms, asparagus & I'm sure I'm leaving something out - EVERYTHING WAS ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another stellar mealJb81Dined on 8/27/2014Another stellar meal. Have been numerous times and still the same quality as the first. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible serviceDougDined on 8/24/2014The shrimp cocktail and Ceasars salad was great. The thick cut strip steaks,garlic mashed potatoes and French fries were lousy. They probably would have been good but they sat waiting 15 minutes before being brought to the table almost cold. Complained to manager. Won't eat there again
- Delicious but, smokey!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014Loved the restaurant in every single way but one! The smoke from the casino was very distasteful. It was awful at the bar area & slightly better in the restaurant. The food was delicious, the service was impeccable, just do something about the smoke!!!Special Features:
- the oviparous experienceTonysBDDined on 8/17/2014You must be ready to eat all you can with calm. Every table on the morning sunday brunch is something special. See food and deserts are something especial to mention !! ahhh and the vegies bread wowSpecial Features:
- UnimpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014I brought my husband for his birthday, and I was unimpressed. Our server was in training, and for the most part left us to fend for ourselves, there was a bit of waiting...but nothing too serious. I ordered a med well filet, which first came burnt and tasted like charcoal, then after remade was undercooked. We were offered and asked for more bread, the basket was taken but we were never brought more. My husband ordered the porterhouse which was extremely fatty and surprisingly difficult to cut. The management did attempt to make the situation better by giving us a free dessert, and I appreciated their attentiveness to the situation. Based on the reviews and this restaurants website I had high hopes which were definitely dashed.
- NYY steakedcannDined on 8/16/2014Simply put, the best steak house in south Florida. I have been to all the best steak restaurants in south Florida avd no one chimed close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HARRYDined on 8/15/2014SERVICE AND FOOD IS EXCELLENT. WOULD RECOMMEND TO ANYONESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak wonderful lobsterZazie7Dined on 8/10/2014We went on a fairly quiet night. The restaurant is filled with Yankee memorabilia but in a tasteful way. The kitchen is in full sight and very clean. The food was exceptional. The steaks were cooked to perfection, with the long bone cowboy ribeye having your initials etched into the bone, which is unique. The bread basket with the hot pretzels and chive and goat cheese butter was an added treat. The real surprise was the lobster tail was the best I have ever had. The service was attentive without being intrusive. The restaurant is in a smoky casino however that does not seem to affect the air in NYY to any significant degree. It is pricey but worth it for a special occasion .Special Features:
- ServiceCmficVIPDined on 8/10/2014Joey was great first time server for us Carlos is my number one choice but Joey was great thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2014Service was wonderful and the food top notch. We would definitely go againSpecial Features:
- SuperdineDined on 8/9/2014It was another great experience at NYY. Margaret your host is just a wonderful lady and seated us with a great server, his name was David. He was very friendly and has excellent skills is serving your delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the roughmjwesqDined on 8/7/2014Although without the notoriety of Capital Grille or Shula's (both overrated), the tradition of Abe & Louie's or The Forge, or the cachet of Red or Graziano's, NYY Steakhouse at the Coconut Creek Casino is a gem. Service: unobtrusive, knowledgeable, friendly, and -- overall -- excellent. The food, from smell-the-beach Blue Points and colossal shrimp appetizers, to delectable African lobster tails and perfectly cooked (and aged) bone-in NY strip entrees, to the crème brulee that was both delicious and expertly brulee'd right at our table, all was wonderful. The wine list is adequate, with a few deals at the bottle level for those who know what they're looking for. All in all, a great find in an unexpected place. Will definitely repeat.Special Features:
- FairladyVIPDined on 8/5/2014NYY Steak is simply the best !!! a bit pricey but worth it, delicious food and amazing service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Bad Service Ruined ItOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2014The food was excellent. Server was there at first then never saw him after taking order. Busboy brought food. Server got large table, ignored us after they sat, then another server finishes with us who had an attitude like this was a bother to her. Ruined wife's birthday dinner. As a lifelong Yankee fan and native New Yorker, I will be sending the team a letter. Stick to NYY at Yankee Stadium.
- Great foodJessykalee76Dined on 7/29/2014Service and food was deliscious. Wine is a bit pricey by the glass otherwise superbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice EveningFourstarrobertDined on 7/25/2014The food and service was terrific although and quite expensive I felt worth it as we exited. Ambience was all about NY which is me including the people. We expect the best. Not something I would do everyday but memorable. Wine List lacked an affordable Bordeaux. We won our expense back at the tables which made our evening even better. Very Nice.Special Features:
- Nice surpriseAliceDined on 7/22/2014We were very surprised at the quality of food in a casino restaurant. The fillet was the best we've had in years. Tuna Tartar was perfect. Service was very attentive. It was a special occasion for us but we will be coming back just a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2014A wonderful spot for great food with something for everyone. Great service, lovely live guitar music and great food... what else could you ask for?Special Features:
- Great BrunchJb81Dined on 7/20/2014Have eaten at NYY quite a few times for dinner, this was our first Brunch. It definately lived up to the expectations. Food was superb. Service was outstanding. Overall a great experience. Will return again for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappydaysDined on 7/19/2014GREAT FOOD.EXCELLENT SERVICE. GOOD MENU. WOULD RECOMMEND TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO CELEBRATE A SPECIAL OCCACIONSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice birthdayRedhead14Dined on 7/14/2014The food and service was excellent . It was my birthday and a Monday so a lot of restaurants we thought of first were not open. Since the NYY steakhouse at the Coconut creek casino was close we decided to go there. We did not need a reservation because it was wide open. Everything was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Brunch-Best steak houseFoodie123Dined on 7/13/2014We have been to NYY Steak numerous times for dinner. The dry aged beef is superb. The service is low key, unobtrusive and classy. The servers are amicable and well trained and aim to please. Brunch outstanding. Nice ambience surrounded by the New York Yankee memorabilia. Guitar music in the background. Seafood selection abundant and FRESH. Bloody Mary's and Mimosas included in the 60.00 price. Homemade bacon, sausage. Beautiful cuts of meat. Loved the sea scallops on a pancake. The creme brulee french toast. Although buffet style, the dishes are individually plated inside the warmers. Dessert selection plentiful. Our favorite is the Yoo-Hoo float made to order with chocolate sauce, ice cream and yoo-hoo. A touch of New York.Special Features:
- Steak loversinvitingu2VIPDined on 7/12/2014We go all the time and love the same thing every time. NY Strip - Thick 20oz - Baked Potato - Plain Caesar with no Anchov and Shrimp Cocktail with a bottle of Cab.Special Features:
- WonderfulNYYGoodbyeDined on 7/11/2014We will miss NYY desperately. Especially the perfectly prepared steaks, and the absolute best server in South Florida Manuela.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.