NYY Steak - Yankee Stadium
1 East 161st Street
Yankee Stadium, Gate 6
Bronx, NY 10451Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
NYY Steak - Yankee Stadium
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.nyysteak.com/
- Phone: 6469778325x
- Hours of Operation:
NYY Steak is open for all home NY Yankee Games & ticketed stadium events only. ** All guests dining at NYY Steak require a valid game or event day ticket in hand. Reservations are highly recommended as hours vary depending on gate schedule. For parties of 10 or more, please inquire within.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: James Litardo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Wine
- Catering: Inquire with Sales Manager Carly Safarian at (646) 774 1189 or email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: Private events are available year round. Corporate luncheons, stadium tours, cocktail style receptions, and sit-down dinners, & much more offered. Group and custom menu's are available upon request.
- Private Party Contact: Carly Safarian 6467741189x
- Entertainment: All Yankee games are played with sound on our televisions located through-out the restaurant and bar.
- Special Events: NYY Steak does open for additional ticketed events in Yankee Stadium.
- Cross Street: River Ave
- Public Transit: By Subway:
The Yankee Stadium subway stop is located on East 161st Street and River Avenue. The No. 4 train (East Side) and the B and D trains (West Side) make stops at 161st Street/Yankee Stadium. A trip from Midtown Manhattan takes approximately 25 minutes. MetroNorth to 153rd street/ Yankee Stadium
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There are several secure parking garages within walking distance of Yankee Stadium including the following:
Standard Parking Company 718.292.6519 Locations at:
950 River Avenue
Call them directly for game day rates and hours of operation, as they vary due to baseball schedule and are not affiliated with NYY Steak.
A word from NYY Steak - Yankee Stadium
NYY Steak brings world-class dining to the world-famous Yankee stadium. Out of our award winning open kitchen, the finest dry aged USDA Prime steaks, five-star seafood and sumptuous desserts are presented with perfection. We have a full bar, featuring an extensive wine list and seasonal cocktails. Around every upscale corner, you'll find signature Yankee touches like our autographed wall of past and present players, baseball diamond-shaped dishes marked with retired Yankee numbers. Our signature steak is a 27oz long bone-in rib-eye commemorating our 27 world championships. Hours vary in terms of the stadium baseball and event schedule. We are located at Gate 6 on the 125 level.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
NYY Steak - Yankee Stadium - Best Restaurants in Bronx ›
NYY Steak - Yankee Stadium reviews from OpenTable diners
270 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (148)good for groups (95)fit for foodies (78)great for lunch (57)hot spot (51)notable wine list (48)vibrant bar scene (43)neighborhood gem (38)scenic view (36)kid-friendly (21)romantic (21)great for brunch (16)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014I have been talking and thinking about this meal since I went. Amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grace under pressureHeyBobDined on 9/25/2014I must say the place was a bit overcrowded....the front staff seemed a bit overwhelmed by the amount of people cramped in a small space...exacerbated by a person attempting to bribe his way in with a $100 bill (no reservation=no admittance). Our server was fine...attentive and apologized for the crowded bar and delay in getting our drinks. The bacon app is great...the 12oz Filet was done perfectly as was the creamed spinach and garlic mashed. Even with the crowd, we never felt pressured to move until we were ready. Overall...it was a bit loud and boisterous.....if you can't talk to the person across the table, then it's too loud.Special Features:
- The place to eat at the stadiumOnePennVIPDined on 9/24/2014great steak seafood was very good the staff were very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feeling rushedchipDined on 9/24/2014Went to the last day game and got there before our reservation, no problem but was advised of the 1.5 hour time limit immediately even though at that time it wasn't exactly crowded with people waiting. Our waiter, Junior, was excellent but made a small mistake with the final bill that was corrected right away. The bacon appetizer was just ok, with the cowboy rib eyes a little disappointing for the price. The sides of cream spinach and asparagus were excellent along with the chocolate cake. We are still unsure if we will return next year (depends if Derek comes back for old-timers day.Special Features:
- Great DinnermpeareDined on 9/23/2014My wife and I had a wonderful dinner at NYY Steak. It was our first time there, but certainly not our last. Everything was splendid. We will return !
- mx22VIPDined on 9/23/2014the service was very poor and the waitress had an attitude. With what is cost to eat there, and this was my first and last time, I would rather go to the Palm or any other steak house. too many steakhouses in the city to put up with that at lunch.
- ALWAYS PREDICTABLEJerryDined on 9/23/2014YOU CAN ALWAYS RELY ON A GOOD EXPERIENCE. FOOD IS NEVER BAD AND FRIENDLY WEATHER SERVICE. HAPPY TO GO HERESpecial Features:
- A special experience!SandyDined on 9/22/2014We loved the Steak restaurant. The steaks are the best I have ever eaten. Our waiter was great.Special Features:
- YankeeexperienceDined on 9/21/2014Outstanding food, service, ambiance and service. Very friendly and accommodating to the customers needs. Willing to work around game finish time. We come every season and we will be back. Thanks for a great day.Special Features:
- NYY Steak Yankee StadiumFoodFirstDined on 9/21/2014For our party of 6, our entrees (all 6 were the lunch specials for that day) took more than 1 hour to arrive at the table, and we missed the start of the game. The manager learned about the problem and did not charge us for lunch. We were in the restaurant for 1.5 hours.
- food was excellent and service alsoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014food was excellent and the service was also, food was a bit pricey , but I guess they have to still pay Arod.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ryanhawkeDined on 9/20/2014Service initially was slow but picked up after we ordered our first drink. My father and I both ordered the Prime Burger Medium and it came out very rare. Other than that everything else was very good, fries, onion stack and coleslawSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great option at the stadiumesp08Dined on 9/20/2014This was the first time we tried NYY Steak. Really great experience. Food was wonderful. Great drink and wine menu. Something for everyone. Would definitely go back for a pre-game meal!Special Features:
- fastdVIPDined on 9/19/2014The food was excellent...My steak was perfectly done and those mashed potatoes wowSpecial Features:
- OK for a one time ExperienceLouBVIPDined on 9/19/2014The steak was ok, certainly not worth what they charge. My hat's off to the service staff they work very hard to meet your expectations. The shell fish appetizer was very good....but the steak was not up to par. I would go back for the appetizer,some beer and have my steak sandwich at LOBELL's and save myself $150.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FINE DINING AT THE BALL PARK !!betsypVIPDined on 9/19/2014My party of 8 was amazed at the great service and fabulous food at NYY Steak! We wanted to have a good meal before the game so I booked a table at NYY Steak.Open Table would only let me book a table for 4 so my pal made a second reservation. When we arrived at the restaurant - beautifully appointed with Yankee photos, autographs, etc - the gracious hostess arranged for us to dine at one large table to keep our party together! Everything we ordered was amazing, from the specialty cocktails, to the humongous bone-in steaks, to the YooHoo shakes and the ice cream Volcano! A very creative menu with every item perfectly prepared + elegant yet relaxed atmosphere + the thrill of being at The House that Ruth Built= ONE PERFECT NIGHT in The Bronx!Special Features:
- Just enough for 4 hungry guys!corrboxDined on 9/11/2014The restaurant was terrific they say before our reservation. We had 2 porterhouse steaks, they where cooked perfecto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Memorable DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/11/2014I want to thank you for a fantastic time. Had dinner with 3 friends that I met in September of 1961 when we started first grade. We all went to school together for the next 12 years and played baseball, softball and touch football in leagues until our early 40's. One of my friends in a retired Port of Authority Police Officer, so the day had special meaning. We feel that it was the best meal we ever had in our lives. Partially for being with each other, but mostly for the incredible food, atmosphere and service. Our waiter's name was Manny and he was sensational. Management material. And then we saw a memorable Yankee win! Thanks, Jmaes J. Kenny, Esq.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Went to the game and had a birthday celebration, too. Our bartender Thomas was very personable, the food was great! Table service OK, then the manager came by and treated us to a birthday desert that was phenomenal! Would definitely recommend and look forward to going back.Special Features:
- amazing foodFoodNDrinkDined on 9/11/2014I've never had a rare steak before and i've been waiting to try one at a renown steak place. This was that place. I had the bone-in rib eye and it was fantastic. The flavor was simply amazing. Also opted for the bacon, and it too was amazing. Can't wait to go back. Will prob always opt for NYY Steak before every Yankee game!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsMitchbDined on 9/10/2014Had dinner here with some friends from work, been here numerous times and everything was great. Only issue is at times during peak season games is you may have to wait, even with a reservation. But it is well worth it, we all enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Great Experience!pahumveeDined on 9/10/2014Eating at a great restaurant in Yankee Stadium - life is good! But the food & service are outstanding - delicious steaks, even lobster mac & cheese. Our baked potatoes were about 2 to 3x the size of any other restaurant. Then there is the YooHoo sundae... We highly recommend NYY Steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014very satisfied highly recommend the ribeye steak, garlic parmesan fries, & the baby iceberg salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!1yankeefanDined on 9/9/2014NYY steak was awesome! Start to finish every aspect was amazing. Waiters always there to fill any need. Fine dining in casual atmosphere. Had bone in ribeyes. Best steaks we ever had! At 1st wasn't crazy about sitting right next to other diners but had great conversations with fellow yankee fans. We will be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak was great - sides not so goodJoeBVIPDined on 9/7/2014We had a group of 8 visit NYY Steak after the Derek Jeter Day. Service was surprisingly good for a busy day. The surf and turf was excellent, the filet was prepared well and the lobster tail was tremendous both in size and taste. Two of us split a seafood tower for 2 at $55 seemed very expensive but it was loaded with fresh seafood such as oysters, clams, crab legs, shrimp and lobster. The NY strip was prepared well and full of flavor. The sides were just OK at best, the creamed spinach was not up to par with other steak houses and they arrived not very hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak I ever had!BestmanDined on 9/6/2014Arrived with a party of 8. Steve took care of us. Appetizers were great. Steaks were fantastic. Everyone loved their meals. Will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnernosnowVIPDined on 9/6/2014We wanted to do a great NY Steak house after the Yankee game and were planning on heading into NYC. What a great find to be able to walk to Gate 6 and have a great NYC city steak right at the stadium. Not only didn't we have to fight traffic leaving the stadium or try to find a place to park yet again - but we got to have a fantastic steak dinner. We had a Rib Eye, NY Strip, and a Fillet. All were great in their own way. The bone in rib eye really was special. Found a fantastic value on the wine list which made the meal. Some great sides and lots of bacon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just because you're at the stadiumOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Fun because you're in the stadium before (or after) a game, but beyond that, don't expect a memorable steak. Very attentive service and Yankee everything everywhere! Most tables for 2 set on top of each other which is rather unnerving (if not annoying). Prices are Peter Luger..ish, for undercooked supermarket quality steaks, sorry to say. For lunch, save yourself the $50+ for a gristly cut of sirloin and order the burgers (not listed on the menu) and you'll be best off.
- A sure hit!DavidDined on 9/5/2014Went here before a game the app was great mozzarella tomatoe Our ribeye was soooo good. Shared both do to large portion size. A bit noisy but expected. Highly recommend!I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentTony2997Dined on 9/5/2014For a restaurant that is embedded within a major league ballpark, the food and service were amongst the best of all the steakhouses that I've been to. That's impressive, since I work and entertain in Manhattan and have been to nearly all of the major steakhouses in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElsieDined on 9/5/2014As compared to the steak my husband had my Tuna was downright skimpy. Tuna not a good value for the price but I do not eat meat so...choice on the fish was limited. My husband loved the steak.I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYY STEAKS was GREATlarrymunson15Dined on 9/5/2014this was only my second time at nyy steaks but it did not disappoint ,the food was great the service was great I would highly recommend nyy steaks to allSpecial Features:
- Perfect for before game!CeperosDined on 9/4/2014Is a good place to go before the game, awesome steaks and good variety of wines! The people are very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious.....all around !!RichinRIDined on 9/2/2014This was my second opportunity to Dine at NYY Steak, Yankee Stadium location and I WILL BE BACK !! Steaks are amazing !! Oh, and by the way, the Volcano desert was crazy good !!Special Features:
- Great foodJerryDined on 9/2/2014Food here is always good. Service is slow but waiters are friendly. Nice Yankee wall plaques with signatures of Yankees past, A must visitSpecial Features:
- diningontheedgeDined on 9/2/2014The bar staff was great and so were the servers but through no fault of theirs when we sat down for dinner it took almost 45 minutes for our entree to come. The waitress to her credit complained for us to the manager and he was able to expedite our food arrival.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Food was good but service waqs spotty. Our food was brought very late after ordering. others who came in after us were served prior to us. notified managemnet and they made excuses. did finally get our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DCM7Dined on 9/2/2014Everything is done in an excellent way, service, presentation, quality and attention of servers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and FoodJuddDined on 9/2/2014The service and food were outstanding. The restaurant was the best my wife and I have ever experienced. If we go to another Yankees game, we will look forward to dining there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the StadiumPFish77Dined on 9/2/2014The food was excellent and surpassed our expectations. The service was professional, timely, and our server was extremely knowledgeable. I will make sure to return next time in the city. It was worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.