NYY Steak - Yankee Stadium
1 East 161st Street
Yankee Stadium, Gate 6
Bronx, NY 10451Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
NYY Steak - Yankee Stadium
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.nyysteak.com/
- Phone: 6469778325x
- Hours of Operation:
NYY Steak is open for all home NY Yankee Games & ticketed stadium events only. ** All guests dining at NYY Steak require a valid game or event day ticket in hand. Reservations are highly recommended as hours vary depending on gate schedule. For parties of 10 or more, please inquire within.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: James Litardo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Wine
- Catering: Inquire with Sales Manager Carly Safarian at (646) 774 1189 or email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: Private events are available year round. Corporate luncheons, stadium tours, cocktail style receptions, and sit-down dinners, & much more offered. Group and custom menu's are available upon request.
- Private Party Contact: Carly Safarian 6467741189x
- Entertainment: All Yankee games are played with sound on our televisions located through-out the restaurant and bar.
- Special Events: NYY Steak does open for additional ticketed events in Yankee Stadium.
- Cross Street: River Ave
- Public Transit: By Subway:
The Yankee Stadium subway stop is located on East 161st Street and River Avenue. The No. 4 train (East Side) and the B and D trains (West Side) make stops at 161st Street/Yankee Stadium. A trip from Midtown Manhattan takes approximately 25 minutes. MetroNorth to 153rd street/ Yankee Stadium
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There are several secure parking garages within walking distance of Yankee Stadium including the following:
Standard Parking Company 718.292.6519 Locations at:
950 River Avenue
Call them directly for game day rates and hours of operation, as they vary due to baseball schedule and are not affiliated with NYY Steak.
A word from NYY Steak - Yankee Stadium
NYY Steak brings world-class dining to the world-famous Yankee stadium. Out of our award winning open kitchen, the finest dry aged USDA Prime steaks, five-star seafood and sumptuous desserts are presented with perfection. We have a full bar, featuring an extensive wine list and seasonal cocktails. Around every upscale corner, you'll find signature Yankee touches like our autographed wall of past and present players, baseball diamond-shaped dishes marked with retired Yankee numbers. Our signature steak is a 27oz long bone-in rib-eye commemorating our 27 world championships. Hours vary in terms of the stadium baseball and event schedule. We are located at Gate 6 on the 125 level.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
NYY Steak - Yankee Stadium - Best Restaurants in Bronx ›
NYY Steak - Yankee Stadium reviews from OpenTable diners
253 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (142)good for groups (88)fit for foodies (61)great for lunch (56)hot spot (48)vibrant bar scene (47)notable wine list (41)scenic view (36)neighborhood gem (31)kid-friendly (22)great for brunch (19)romantic (18)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- DougDined on 8/24/2014Went to NYY steak right after Sunday ball game it was a great way to celebrate a Yankee win! Had surf & turf ND wife had the Alaskan crab legs both were prepared as they should be and our waiter made the experience pleasant.Special Features:
- Always a delicious steak.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014I have never had a bad steak nor a poor dining experience. Steaks are respectably sized and well prepared. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. I look forward to visiting NYY Steak before every game I attend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dine2Dined on 8/22/2014Always the best spot before a Yankee baseball game due to convenience and elengence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebraDined on 8/22/2014Food was very good- steaks were perfectly cooked. Plan for a lot of time - took 40 mins. to receive entrees. Not cheap - but all relative when you are eating anywhere in Yankee Stadium.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lots of foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014wait staff was great. Our table was in the way of the servers so that was not great. Very expensive but they give you lots of food and our steaks were cooked perfectly. Very noisy.Special Features:
- captnickDined on 8/22/2014Waitress excellent Food good but not great Price absurdly expensive because of location Terrible spot in Yankee Stadium. Not even a view of the field. Great view of the El.Special Features:
- NYY SteakhouseJimODined on 8/21/2014It doesn't get any better than going to an afternoon game at Yankee stadium, watching the Yankees win and then take a very short walk to have a fine dining experience. Both the food and the service meet the expectations you would have dining at a 1st class steakhouse in NYC. The food was excellent and the service was the same. Our server was very attentive and seemed to be at our table every time we needed anything. Excellent dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a WinnerBetseyCDined on 8/21/2014This was our fourth time at NYY Steak Yankee Stadium for a special occasion. The food was excellent--wonderful spinach salad and flavorful steakburgers. Of course, the ice cream volcano, which is lit on fire, elicits oohs and aahs and tastes great, too! Looking forward to our next outing there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy ResturantBronxFanDined on 8/21/2014This is a expensive restaurant with alot of class. The food served is All top of the line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good and great venueBubbaVIPDined on 8/20/2014We went to a Yankees games for my son's 11th birthday. Greeted and seated fine. Seating is tight and you'll often find yourselves having a conversation with the Yankees fans at the next table - positive and adds to the atmosphere. Also, you might see some Yankee old timers like Mickey Rivers who sat just behind us. Service was overall good and they got us out so we reached our seats right at gametime (we sat down for dinner at 5:40pm). Food is pretty good overall. Onion rings are massive but tasty. My only small complaint is that the signature steak came out properly cooked (medium rare), but the outside of the steak was quite charred giving the overall steak a burnt flavor. But, overall the food is decent for the venue.Special Features:
- Yankee ExperienceFredBDined on 8/20/2014We have dined at NYY Steak at Yankee Stadium twice. Each time was memorable. This time Yankee great Mickey Rivers was seated next to us and was more than kind as he shared stories about his career with us. The ambiance and decor was special. The food was very good. We shared a tomato and mozzarella salad and also shared the largest steak on the menu which was terrific. More than enough food for the 2 of us. The wine and beer menu was ample. Desserts were good, too. When you have a special visit to the Stadium, give NYY Steak a try.Special Features:
- ALL GREAT...............EXCEPTMONISL2005Dined on 8/19/2014REALLY NO MAJOR COMPLAINTS, BEEN HERE A FEW TIMES AND RETURNING WAS AN EASY DECISION. ONLY THING I WAS WONDERING WAS WHY 4 TABLES RIGHT IN OUR AREA GOT FEW DESSERTS AND WE WERE NOT OFFERED THE SAME COURTESY. JUST WAS PECULIAR AS I KEPT HEARING THE WAITER TELL HIS EXCITED CUSTOMERS THE WORD COMPLIMENTARY. IT WAS LIKE , OK WHAT DID WE DO WRONG. NOT THAT WE WERE DYING FOR MORE FOOD, JUST SEEMED STRANGE.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014I ordered my steak med and was brought a rare steak. I sent it back and received a med rare burnt steak. The manger did remove it from my bill but my dinner was ruined regardless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arrive Hungry Leave Happy !JosefDined on 8/10/2014This is New York ,The Big Apple ! This is The New York Yankees! This is what one should expect. ONLY the BEST !!!Service was exceptional. The venue is superb. And the food is predictable and delicious. If your desire is a great steak dinner in the House that Ruth built in the Great City of New York THIS is THE place !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RockydogDined on 8/9/2014This is the fourth time this year...at NYY at Yankee Stadium. The food is consistent...and so is the service. NY Steakhouse aura.....very good......wish they had some "special priced" specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyYankeefanDined on 8/8/2014You go here because it's in Yankee stadium so you think it's got to be good. Truth is the food is just ok. You can't get a decent glass of wine by the glass. The service is fine. But the noise level is so high you can't have a private conversation especially when you are seated in one of the tables where you are elbow to elbow with the people at the next table which is how most of the tables are. The price is just high for the whole experience.
- Great timeLuv2dineVIPDined on 8/8/2014Food was wonderful, service was fantastic and the ambience was great. Would definitely come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beginning to a great evening!YankeeFoodieDined on 8/8/2014Food was great, service supreb! Loved the ice cream volcano with the 151 rum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ChoiceKey428Dined on 8/7/2014We chose NYY for dinner after an afternoon game at the stadium. The fillet and long bone steaks were mouth watering. The NYY Cabernet was a superb wine. Our waiter was excellent and to top it off he gave us a desert (151 volcano) on the house because it was our anniversary. We will definitely go to NYY Steak again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring a smile and your credit cardVegeMikeDined on 8/7/2014Being a vegetarian I'm hard pressed to visit a steak house. This joint is jumping before the game and it's a great way to start your visit to the stadium. Make reservations online and show up on time. The food was excellent but extremely pricy. It's a captive audience and they know it. Don't pass up the chocolate layer cake for dessert. Not overly sweet and very moist. A must. And remember to find Mickey Mantle's autograph on the wall along with hundreds of other Yankees. This place is reserved for special occasions and well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpressedACEsDined on 8/7/2014The place is very nice however the service was mediocre. I was a party of two and I had to wait about 15 minutes before anybody even took our drink order and another 15 minutes before the arrival of our drinks and our food order being taken. I had a ballgame to catch!!
- Always MemorableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014As usual, our service was excellent and the food always hot. My lamb chops were succulent and made to my specifications: medium rare. My daughter ordered the 8 ounce fillet and they made her slice it open to make sure it was medium. We have dined there many times before and it is always a special time with good service and good food.Special Features:
- Great before the gameOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014Steaks...superb, service....exceptional. Consistently positive experiencesSpecial Features:
- NYY Steak a Great Place to EatRyebreadDined on 8/6/2014I love NYYSteak, I eat there every time that I come to Yankee Stadium, which is at least twice a month. The food and wait staff are great. Jennifer at the bar is the bomb, she is so friendly and nice and always gets your drink in a timely manner. The only thing that I dont like about NYYSteak is when you are just a party of two they shove you at a table right next to other people that you dont know. Sometimes you want to have a conversation over dinner with someone and not let the whole world hear about it. NYYSteak should have at least four tables for two only..and I dont mean the high top tables. This last time..due to that issue we elected to eat at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yankee Stadium memorable experienceEfrostbfd21Dined on 8/6/2014My son and I will always remember our visit to Yankee Stadium because of our visit to NYY Steak. This dining experience was the icing on the cake of our day. When we left NYY Steak, my 17 year old looked me straight in the eye, shook my hand and said "thanks dad, that was awesome". It's an experience that will last with me forever and we'll be back!!!Special Features:
- Outstanding steakfood4thoughtDined on 8/5/2014Been here a few times, and every time is fantastic. The steaks are definitely of the 'melt in your mouth' kind. Highly recommend this restaurant to everyone. It's a great way to start off an evening at Yankee Stadium and take in a game at the same time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All in all....a great experienceLEGKDined on 8/5/2014Great energy level and most try to make it a special event. My son loved the bacon appetizer so much that he took a picture of it. The raw seafood was good. When asked a wine question - got a good honest answer. The only damper on the event was the hostess that showed us to our table. When I indicated we'd like to sit on an end not the center (we were early so not yet crowded) she wasn't real helpful or that pleasant. Someone else helped us - and we had a nice dinner prior to the game.Special Features:
- Inside CornerFoodRulesDined on 8/5/2014Although an expense account price list, the food and game day atmohere make NYY Steak a destination for fans of food and the game of baseball. You might even spot a player or 2 dining at the next table.Special Features:
- Not worth the $$$$$NotsomuchDined on 8/4/2014Celebrated 19 yrs of marriage. Took wife and two kids. Employee arrived, off that day, with 7 people five where kids. Kids say at table next to me while adults stood at bar drinking. Kids through ice cream on me. Ordered 4 Long Bone Rib Eyes. Had message carved in them. At end of evening waiter took steaks to have bone removed but came back withy everything wrapped up no explanation as to why true bone couldn't have been carved out. Children througing ice cream where given Yankee plastic caps to take ice cream to go by hostess. When we asked for the same, we were told it's not available and the "guest" broth them in. Not true. Very unpleasant experience for the price paid.Special Features:
- Very noisy - not well preparedmarkosDined on 7/30/2014Noisy - not well prepared for the crowd at the stadium. Waited too long for food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pregame enjoymentNewmexdexDined on 7/30/2014Ate here before a Soccer game in Yankee Stadium. Must have event ticket and reservation to get in. We all ordered steaks. They were superbly prepared. My rib eye was huge. The bone was engraved with "Go Liverpool". They surmised we were Liverpool fans by our shirts. Made the steak very special. Oysters and salad were very good. Service was prompt, although the restaurant was very crowded. We allowed 2 hours before kickoff and we were out in about 90 minutes, including desert. Prices are a bit high, but worth every penny, especially before a big event. Definitely recommended if you like steak.Special Features:
- Pre-Game Dinnerluv2playsoccerDined on 7/30/2014Great food and a great place to go before the game. The meal wasn't cheap but was of high quality.Special Features:
- Nice mealFoodieDined on 7/27/2014Enjoyed the steaks. Volcano dessert delicious. Had my 11 yr old niece - nothing on menu she wanted to eat except shrimp cocktail. No kid menu. Nice atmosphere. Everything a la carte so it gets very pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Day at the StadiumGEPLDined on 7/27/2014Thanks for the reservation. We had a great time. We had our family together to a special day at the stadium, and the food and company was great. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!!dermaDined on 7/26/2014Excellent service, great, awesome dessert. I love this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2014great food! Had to wait around a hour for the food but was comped the dessert.Special Features:
- Definitely a Yankee Stadium must!krystinalynneDined on 7/26/2014I went with my friend for an early dinner after a 1:05pm game. We really enjoyed our meal and the fact that we were in our Yankee gear but didn't feel under-dressed because of the environment/location of the restaurant within the stadium. You could go before or after a game, dressed in shorts in a t-shirt, or dressed up, and either seemed ok. (Of course we removed our hats anyway). I know it's a steakhouse but I got the salmon, which was really good. I wish it had a crispier sear on the skin but it was still tasty and fresh!Special Features:
- Good food - poor serviceMaryDined on 7/26/2014Hello, My friends and I ate there after the game on Saturday. Food was delicious, and service was attentive. However, when the bill came, we asked to split it between 2 credit cards. They brought us the slips, we signed and left. The next day, found out we were charged for half the bill, but our friends got charged for the whole bill and then an additional huge charge was made by the restaurant! Now they are in a dispute with Amex.....Special Features:
- lovemyyankeesDined on 7/26/2014The steak was good, I guess since it was aged 21 dry days that it would have been better. It was a little tough, I had visions of almost cutting it with a fork, but had to use the knife and bear down some. We were the only table that was active during the game so would have expected the waiter to have shown up more often. I had asked for my beer to be served when the steak came out and he brought it out 10 minutes before the steak was ready. I was the only Yankee fan in our group of 4, so I hope their steaks were better than mine. I had bought the bone in rib eye steak for me and my friend and he said his was best he had ever had. Maybe I just got a tough cow or something, but my steak was no better than one I cook at home with no aging.Special Features:
- ZiggyDined on 7/26/2014Lunch at the Yankee Steak House was great. We had steak over a salad and it was perfect. Our waiter was attentive and we had a really good start for a fun filled day!Special Features: