NYY Steak - Yankee Stadium
1 East 161st Street
Yankee Stadium, Gate 6
Bronx, NY 10451Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
NYY Steak - Yankee Stadium
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.nyysteak.com/
- Phone: 6469778325x
- Hours of Operation:
NYY Steak is open for all home NY Yankee Games & ticketed stadium events only. ** All guests dining at NYY Steak require a valid game or event day ticket in hand. Reservations are highly recommended as hours vary depending on gate schedule. For parties of 10 or more, please inquire within.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: James Litardo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Wine
- Catering: Inquire with Sales Manager Carly Safarian at (646) 774 1189 or email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: Private events are available year round. Corporate luncheons, stadium tours, cocktail style receptions, and sit-down dinners, & much more offered. Group and custom menu's are available upon request.
- Private Party Contact: Carly Safarian 6467741189x
- Entertainment: All Yankee games are played with sound on our televisions located through-out the restaurant and bar.
- Special Events: NYY Steak does open for additional ticketed events in Yankee Stadium.
- Cross Street: River Ave
- Public Transit: By Subway:
The Yankee Stadium subway stop is located on East 161st Street and River Avenue. The No. 4 train (East Side) and the B and D trains (West Side) make stops at 161st Street/Yankee Stadium. A trip from Midtown Manhattan takes approximately 25 minutes. MetroNorth to 153rd street/ Yankee Stadium
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There are several secure parking garages within walking distance of Yankee Stadium including the following:
Standard Parking Company 718.292.6519 Locations at:
950 River Avenue
Call them directly for game day rates and hours of operation, as they vary due to baseball schedule and are not affiliated with NYY Steak.
A word from NYY Steak - Yankee Stadium
NYY Steak brings world-class dining to the world-famous Yankee stadium. Out of our award winning open kitchen, the finest dry aged USDA Prime steaks, five-star seafood and sumptuous desserts are presented with perfection. We have a full bar, featuring an extensive wine list and seasonal cocktails. Around every upscale corner, you'll find signature Yankee touches like our autographed wall of past and present players, baseball diamond-shaped dishes marked with retired Yankee numbers. Our signature steak is a 27oz long bone-in rib-eye commemorating our 27 world championships. Hours vary in terms of the stadium baseball and event schedule. We are located at Gate 6 on the 125 level.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
NYY Steak - Yankee Stadium - Best Restaurants in Bronx ›
NYY Steak - Yankee Stadium reviews from OpenTable diners
282 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (156)good for groups (100)fit for foodies (70)great for lunch (55)hot spot (49)vibrant bar scene (49)notable wine list (45)neighborhood gem (38)scenic view (36)kid-friendly (24)romantic (20)great for brunch (16)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Just enough for 4 hungry guys!corrboxDined on 9/11/2014The restaurant was terrific they say before our reservation. We had 2 porterhouse steaks, they where cooked perfecto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Memorable DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/11/2014I want to thank you for a fantastic time. Had dinner with 3 friends that I met in September of 1961 when we started first grade. We all went to school together for the next 12 years and played baseball, softball and touch football in leagues until our early 40's. One of my friends in a retired Port of Authority Police Officer, so the day had special meaning. We feel that it was the best meal we ever had in our lives. Partially for being with each other, but mostly for the incredible food, atmosphere and service. Our waiter's name was Manny and he was sensational. Management material. And then we saw a memorable Yankee win! Thanks, Jmaes J. Kenny, Esq.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Went to the game and had a birthday celebration, too. Our bartender Thomas was very personable, the food was great! Table service OK, then the manager came by and treated us to a birthday desert that was phenomenal! Would definitely recommend and look forward to going back.Special Features:
- amazing foodFoodNDrinkDined on 9/11/2014I've never had a rare steak before and i've been waiting to try one at a renown steak place. This was that place. I had the bone-in rib eye and it was fantastic. The flavor was simply amazing. Also opted for the bacon, and it too was amazing. Can't wait to go back. Will prob always opt for NYY Steak before every Yankee game!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsMitchbDined on 9/10/2014Had dinner here with some friends from work, been here numerous times and everything was great. Only issue is at times during peak season games is you may have to wait, even with a reservation. But it is well worth it, we all enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Great Experience!pahumveeDined on 9/10/2014Eating at a great restaurant in Yankee Stadium - life is good! But the food & service are outstanding - delicious steaks, even lobster mac & cheese. Our baked potatoes were about 2 to 3x the size of any other restaurant. Then there is the YooHoo sundae... We highly recommend NYY Steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014very satisfied highly recommend the ribeye steak, garlic parmesan fries, & the baby iceberg salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!1yankeefanDined on 9/9/2014NYY steak was awesome! Start to finish every aspect was amazing. Waiters always there to fill any need. Fine dining in casual atmosphere. Had bone in ribeyes. Best steaks we ever had! At 1st wasn't crazy about sitting right next to other diners but had great conversations with fellow yankee fans. We will be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak was great - sides not so goodJoeBVIPDined on 9/7/2014We had a group of 8 visit NYY Steak after the Derek Jeter Day. Service was surprisingly good for a busy day. The surf and turf was excellent, the filet was prepared well and the lobster tail was tremendous both in size and taste. Two of us split a seafood tower for 2 at $55 seemed very expensive but it was loaded with fresh seafood such as oysters, clams, crab legs, shrimp and lobster. The NY strip was prepared well and full of flavor. The sides were just OK at best, the creamed spinach was not up to par with other steak houses and they arrived not very hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak I ever had!BestmanDined on 9/6/2014Arrived with a party of 8. Steve took care of us. Appetizers were great. Steaks were fantastic. Everyone loved their meals. Will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnernosnowVIPDined on 9/6/2014We wanted to do a great NY Steak house after the Yankee game and were planning on heading into NYC. What a great find to be able to walk to Gate 6 and have a great NYC city steak right at the stadium. Not only didn't we have to fight traffic leaving the stadium or try to find a place to park yet again - but we got to have a fantastic steak dinner. We had a Rib Eye, NY Strip, and a Fillet. All were great in their own way. The bone in rib eye really was special. Found a fantastic value on the wine list which made the meal. Some great sides and lots of bacon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just because you're at the stadiumOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Fun because you're in the stadium before (or after) a game, but beyond that, don't expect a memorable steak. Very attentive service and Yankee everything everywhere! Most tables for 2 set on top of each other which is rather unnerving (if not annoying). Prices are Peter Luger..ish, for undercooked supermarket quality steaks, sorry to say. For lunch, save yourself the $50+ for a gristly cut of sirloin and order the burgers (not listed on the menu) and you'll be best off.
- A sure hit!DavidDined on 9/5/2014Went here before a game the app was great mozzarella tomatoe Our ribeye was soooo good. Shared both do to large portion size. A bit noisy but expected. Highly recommend!I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentTony2997Dined on 9/5/2014For a restaurant that is embedded within a major league ballpark, the food and service were amongst the best of all the steakhouses that I've been to. That's impressive, since I work and entertain in Manhattan and have been to nearly all of the major steakhouses in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElsieDined on 9/5/2014As compared to the steak my husband had my Tuna was downright skimpy. Tuna not a good value for the price but I do not eat meat so...choice on the fish was limited. My husband loved the steak.I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYY STEAKS was GREATlarrymunson15Dined on 9/5/2014this was only my second time at nyy steaks but it did not disappoint ,the food was great the service was great I would highly recommend nyy steaks to allSpecial Features:
- Perfect for before game!CeperosDined on 9/4/2014Is a good place to go before the game, awesome steaks and good variety of wines! The people are very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious.....all around !!RichinRIDined on 9/2/2014This was my second opportunity to Dine at NYY Steak, Yankee Stadium location and I WILL BE BACK !! Steaks are amazing !! Oh, and by the way, the Volcano desert was crazy good !!Special Features:
- Great foodJerryDined on 9/2/2014Food here is always good. Service is slow but waiters are friendly. Nice Yankee wall plaques with signatures of Yankees past, A must visitSpecial Features:
- diningontheedgeDined on 9/2/2014The bar staff was great and so were the servers but through no fault of theirs when we sat down for dinner it took almost 45 minutes for our entree to come. The waitress to her credit complained for us to the manager and he was able to expedite our food arrival.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Food was good but service waqs spotty. Our food was brought very late after ordering. others who came in after us were served prior to us. notified managemnet and they made excuses. did finally get our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DCM7Dined on 9/2/2014Everything is done in an excellent way, service, presentation, quality and attention of servers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and FoodJuddDined on 9/2/2014The service and food were outstanding. The restaurant was the best my wife and I have ever experienced. If we go to another Yankees game, we will look forward to dining there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the StadiumPFish77Dined on 9/2/2014The food was excellent and surpassed our expectations. The service was professional, timely, and our server was extremely knowledgeable. I will make sure to return next time in the city. It was worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYTripDined on 9/2/2014The only complaint I have is that our reservation was for 4 p.m. We hurried to get there on time and then had to wait 20 minutes before they would let us in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DougDined on 8/24/2014Went to NYY steak right after Sunday ball game it was a great way to celebrate a Yankee win! Had surf & turf ND wife had the Alaskan crab legs both were prepared as they should be and our waiter made the experience pleasant.Special Features:
- Always a delicious steak.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014I have never had a bad steak nor a poor dining experience. Steaks are respectably sized and well prepared. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. I look forward to visiting NYY Steak before every game I attend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dine2Dined on 8/22/2014Always the best spot before a Yankee baseball game due to convenience and elengence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebraDined on 8/22/2014Food was very good- steaks were perfectly cooked. Plan for a lot of time - took 40 mins. to receive entrees. Not cheap - but all relative when you are eating anywhere in Yankee Stadium.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lots of foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014wait staff was great. Our table was in the way of the servers so that was not great. Very expensive but they give you lots of food and our steaks were cooked perfectly. Very noisy.Special Features:
- captnickDined on 8/22/2014Waitress excellent Food good but not great Price absurdly expensive because of location Terrible spot in Yankee Stadium. Not even a view of the field. Great view of the El.Special Features:
- NYY SteakhouseJimODined on 8/21/2014It doesn't get any better than going to an afternoon game at Yankee stadium, watching the Yankees win and then take a very short walk to have a fine dining experience. Both the food and the service meet the expectations you would have dining at a 1st class steakhouse in NYC. The food was excellent and the service was the same. Our server was very attentive and seemed to be at our table every time we needed anything. Excellent dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a WinnerBetseyCDined on 8/21/2014This was our fourth time at NYY Steak Yankee Stadium for a special occasion. The food was excellent--wonderful spinach salad and flavorful steakburgers. Of course, the ice cream volcano, which is lit on fire, elicits oohs and aahs and tastes great, too! Looking forward to our next outing there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy ResturantBronxFanDined on 8/21/2014This is a expensive restaurant with alot of class. The food served is All top of the line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good and great venueBubbaVIPDined on 8/20/2014We went to a Yankees games for my son's 11th birthday. Greeted and seated fine. Seating is tight and you'll often find yourselves having a conversation with the Yankees fans at the next table - positive and adds to the atmosphere. Also, you might see some Yankee old timers like Mickey Rivers who sat just behind us. Service was overall good and they got us out so we reached our seats right at gametime (we sat down for dinner at 5:40pm). Food is pretty good overall. Onion rings are massive but tasty. My only small complaint is that the signature steak came out properly cooked (medium rare), but the outside of the steak was quite charred giving the overall steak a burnt flavor. But, overall the food is decent for the venue.Special Features:
- Yankee ExperienceFredBDined on 8/20/2014We have dined at NYY Steak at Yankee Stadium twice. Each time was memorable. This time Yankee great Mickey Rivers was seated next to us and was more than kind as he shared stories about his career with us. The ambiance and decor was special. The food was very good. We shared a tomato and mozzarella salad and also shared the largest steak on the menu which was terrific. More than enough food for the 2 of us. The wine and beer menu was ample. Desserts were good, too. When you have a special visit to the Stadium, give NYY Steak a try.Special Features:
- ALL GREAT...............EXCEPTMONISL2005Dined on 8/19/2014REALLY NO MAJOR COMPLAINTS, BEEN HERE A FEW TIMES AND RETURNING WAS AN EASY DECISION. ONLY THING I WAS WONDERING WAS WHY 4 TABLES RIGHT IN OUR AREA GOT FEW DESSERTS AND WE WERE NOT OFFERED THE SAME COURTESY. JUST WAS PECULIAR AS I KEPT HEARING THE WAITER TELL HIS EXCITED CUSTOMERS THE WORD COMPLIMENTARY. IT WAS LIKE , OK WHAT DID WE DO WRONG. NOT THAT WE WERE DYING FOR MORE FOOD, JUST SEEMED STRANGE.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014I ordered my steak med and was brought a rare steak. I sent it back and received a med rare burnt steak. The manger did remove it from my bill but my dinner was ruined regardless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arrive Hungry Leave Happy !JosefDined on 8/10/2014This is New York ,The Big Apple ! This is The New York Yankees! This is what one should expect. ONLY the BEST !!!Service was exceptional. The venue is superb. And the food is predictable and delicious. If your desire is a great steak dinner in the House that Ruth built in the Great City of New York THIS is THE place !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RockydogDined on 8/9/2014This is the fourth time this year...at NYY at Yankee Stadium. The food is consistent...and so is the service. NY Steakhouse aura.....very good......wish they had some "special priced" specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.