NYY Steak - Midtown
7 West 51st Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
NYY Steak - Midtown
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.nyysteak.com/
- Phone: (646) 307-7910
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Elliot Lopez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Private Dining rooms provided for lunch, dinner, and special events
- Cross Street: Between 5th and 6th Ave
- Public Transit: 1 block from the 47-50th Rockefeller Center stop via the B-D-F-M orange line
1 block from 5th Ave and 50th Street E blue line
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking validated at a discounted rate at Central Parking located at 155 48th Street between 6th and 7th ave.
A word from NYY Steak - Midtown
NYY Steak is New York's premier steakhouse for lunch, dinner, special events & private dining. Our three level property is located in the heart of Midtown Manhattan steps from Rockefeller Center. NYY Steak presents the ultimate New York experience- fine dining and the legendary Yankees. We will let our food speak for itself, featuring our very own butcher shop, dry-aging prime U.S.D.A. cuts & chops a minimum of 21-28 days, fresh seafood flown in daily, our home made desserts & and over 400 varieties of fine wine from around the world. The interior pays homage to our beloved Crown Jewel of Sport--The New York Yankees-- including our custom made signature wall featuring 86 autographs of legendary Yankees. NYY Steak is the home of championship cuisine and just like the Yankee's we never bring anything but the best to the plate!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
NYY Steak - Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
175 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (96)good for groups (72)notable wine list (61)fit for foodies (53)great for lunch (42)neighborhood gem (39)romantic (36)hot spot (34)vibrant bar scene (24)kid-friendly (15)scenic view (13)late-night find (10)great for brunch (8)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- The New #2GsBDayPlaceDined on 11/22/2014Took my Japanese Wife here for her Birthday. Usually our number 1 spot would be a Japanese restaurant. She is a big Yankee (Jeter) fan. As I expected, she loved it!!! Not just the amazing photos on the walls , but the food and service was excellent! They made her feel extra special with a birthday wish as soon as we walked in. A special Happy Birthday menu, complimentary photo, drinks, and dessert. Drinks were not water down and steaks were cooked to perfection! Appetizers were awesome, side dishes were super delicious. Everyone knows that when the Yankees do something they go all out, here was no exception. It seemed that everyone associated with the restaurant knew it was her birthday and made her aware of it. Final, our waiter Sammy was most friendly, attentive, knowledgeable, and just downright cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great place!!MikeandKimDined on 11/21/2014My wife and I celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary at NYY steakhouse and had the most amazing time. Being a life long Yankee fan I was in awe from the minute we walked in. Our waiter Rodrigo De Jesus made every second we were there very special. The food and the whole staff are wonderful. Thank you for a night we will never forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go YankeesthataboyDined on 11/20/2014Even when it comes to food 😋,the Yankees are Champions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!NC34Dined on 11/16/2014We went here for my dad's birthday, and he was so happy with everything. They personalize the menus for the birthday person, and even take pictures and print out copies. The steak bacon appetizer is a must try. The fried oysters were also very good. We all had either the filet mignon or the long bone ribeye entrees, as well as the garlic mashed potatoes and creamed spinach. Everything was excellent and perfectly cooked. For dessert, you have to get the volcano! We will definitely be coming back for my stepmom's birthday in the spring!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You don't have to be a Yankee Fan - just enjoy!HacmanVIPDined on 11/16/2014Although the association with the NY Yankees is the major theme of this steakhouse, it stands on it's own. Both food and service were among the best my wife and I have ever experienced. Outstanding steaks and a reasonable and fairly extensive wine list. My wife had Short Ribs and she said they were the best she's ever had. My filet was as good as I've ever had. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect restaurant for a Yankees fanLJGVVIPDined on 11/16/2014As two women in a sports themed steak house we were treated very nicely. The service was friendly and professional. The menu is a bit limited but they have specials. The steaks were well prepared and tender.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MUST GET YANKEE VOLCANO DESSERT!!!nycfoodloverDined on 11/15/2014It's the best dessert I've ever had in my life! Also, order strip steak and you'll get a fabulous surprise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak ever!JoyLDined on 11/15/2014I took my husband (a Yankees fan) here for his birthday. He was in awe - both of the setting and the food. And typically he barely notices food. He spent the entire meal waxing poetic about how it was the best steak he ever had! We had dinner at an off time (5 p.m.) so the place was empty - our wonderful waiter Ray kindly gave us a tour of the place. Needless to say, it was the highlight of the day for my husband to see the contracts of Babe Ruth and Mickie Mantle framed inside a vault. Tip: if you order one of the desserts recommended for sharing, note that "sharing" must mean 6 people, not 2. We had a crazy awesome amount of dessert for just the two of us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingrowanDined on 11/12/2014The service from the server was good, the attention by management sorely lacking. After ordering my food it took 30 minutes for my steak to come out in a place that was not very busy. When the steak came out the plate was already cold and the steak was warm. It was not cooked to medium as ordered. The server did take it back to reheat/recook it a bit more and was returned correctly. During this entire time while I ate my steak, the three managers who were just standing in the bar area talking with each other didn't come over once to see how I was doing or to apologize for my food not being prepared adequately for the price paid. This is an expensive place and at the end of the day I was not satisfied with my experience.
- AmazingRbauxDined on 11/11/2014They have their own butcher! We ordered the long bone rib eye and they carve whatever you want on the bone and the taste is delish! Appetizer of thick cut bacon is to die for and garlic mashed potatoes as well. The Wildcard drink was not good or sweet like we asked but the $35 glass of ice wine from Canada was. Definitely a place to return to once my pockets recoverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best dinner for 2 I've had in my life!JrExecutiveDined on 11/6/2014I made a 10pm reservation for 2 on a Thursday with my sapphire preferred card and arrived at 10:03 pm. To my surprise I was acknowledged by name although this was my first dining experience at this venue. I was offered an option of seating deciding on the dining table vs the bar and given the option to have some one take my suit jacket. The waiters attentiveness reminded me of excellent service you typically receive in France and at no point did we ever have to pour our own glass of wine or water. The Jr chef was polite enough to make sure the carving on my long bone steak came out correctly as the message was very sentimental to my significant other. In all we ordered the traditional long bone steak, onion rings, lobster and Mac, half dozen oysters (west coast), a shrimp appetizer, a salad and the NYY bottle of wine. I'm not a millionaire yet, but I now know what it feels like to dine as one. Thank you for a wonderful and romantic night NYY steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A notch down in servicePatrickVIPDined on 11/5/2014OK, I'll be honest. Love the food. Nice atmosphere. But frankly the service is starting to become a little overbearing. The bartender coming to my table, extending her hand and introducing herself? And asking my name? Then addressing me by first name (I'm nearly 70 by the way and she is probably 21). No less than five different people stopped at my table to ask how everything was. A bit much? I love that they keep the water glass filled, never leave you waiting, and all the rest. But honestly -- enough is enough. This isn't the first time I've eaten in a restaurant and it won't be my last -- I don't need to be treated as if I'm royalty dining at the Palace. Or do some actually thrive on that much attention?
- PleasedkimjotonytDined on 11/4/2014This place was fabulous! We were never treated with such flair. Found something on the menu for everyone. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience!BenjasdinnerDined on 11/2/2014We celebrated my husbands New York City Marathon Finish....and they made It an excellent dinner celebration in Family....great service......excellent dinner.....exquisit Wine recommendation....and overall excellent evening!Special Features:
- A nice experience for Yankee fans1ynkefanDined on 11/1/2014Nicely decorated, not over done. Food is delicious especially the bacon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great winesJMKtravelsalotVIPDined on 10/30/2014Picked the place based on the wine list, which contained some of my favorite higher end, highly rate Napa Wines at good prices. Decent service only slightly slow pace but the place was pretty busy. Food was really good. The beet salad was excellent. The sides were good and served 2-3 people easily. It's not touristy and is good for business dinner or date night if you are in NYC.Special Features:
- Good for team building eventUWSderVIPDined on 10/30/2014I was expecting the steak to live up to STK standard but I give a credit to make a sports bar such a glamed-up place. Service was excellent and the ambience was so elegant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceMikeDined on 10/29/2014Ate ear the other night, the food was excellent and they had a good wine/cocktail selection. As a lifelong Yankee fan i loved the decor. Was celebrating a birthday and the staff went the extra mile to celebrate with us. Angel was a terrific server.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014Great staff, friendly, informative - desserts are very large - for sharing onlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great #55 Birthday at NYY SteakCarolinaGuyDined on 10/25/2014I celebrated my 55th birthday at NYY Steak with my wife and special friends. The staff, and especially Anthony (our server) took great care of us. The bone-in ribeye was cooked perfectly, the sides were fantastic, and the deserts were the perfect end to this special dinner. Thanks to everyone at NYY Steak for making this birthday the best yet. We hope to come back for future events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovethisplaceLovethisplaceDined on 10/25/2014WOW, what a great place. Even if you are not a Yankee fan, come to this place as the food is great (better than great), the service is even better, with a great (long) wine list. This was one of the best NYC places we have eaten at and we go out to eat a lot! The location is also great.Special Features:
- Excellent.CatblueDined on 10/25/2014Excellent food. Steak and lamb chops and crab appetizer were all perfect. Wonderful Yankee atmosphere but still a fine dining experience. Waiter could not have been better. Good wine too.Special Features:
- great for steak loversAnExpatWifeVIPDined on 10/23/2014NYY or New York Yankees is a shrine to the Baseball Team. It is owned by the Yankees and is full of memorabilia. I'm guessing its the ideal destination for a fan... I know nothing about baseball but still had a fabulous experience. We came here for steak on our last evening in NYC and we were certainly not disappointed. they have a room in the basement where they age the beef and you can see the meat hanging there just waiting to be ordered. From the moment we walked in the door service was amazing. Everyone asks your name and then continues to uses it which is a little bit strange.. but I guess some people like to feel 'special'. for the rest and pictures.... http://www.anexpatwife.com/the-restaurant-blog/nyy-steak-new-york-citySpecial Features:
- Good food, pushy/overbearing waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/23/2014I went for lunch - great spot for a business lunch. I got the 8 oz filet mignon, with au poivre dressing, asparagus and corn on the side. Everything was really good. Corn was amazing - has bit of bacon in it, and it extremely delicious. Steak came out just as i ordered it. The waiter was just a complete weirdo. Too much info about everything.Special Features:
- A fun steakhouseWallStreetLawyerVIPDined on 10/21/2014For Yankee fans, and baseball fans. Great looking restaurant. Excellent place for a meat-eaters lunch. Pricey, but the specials are worthwhile. (If you can't get a table at the Yankee Stadium location, this is a very good alternative.)Special Features:
- Steak and YankeesMeataholicDined on 10/20/2014If you like one or either, you'll enjoy NYY. Great staff, great service, great food and sizeable portions. Lots of interesting Yankees stuff to, if that's your thing. Even as a Phillies fan, I enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for a nice dinnerhughesinohioDined on 10/20/2014My sister and I were both in NYC on business, so we met up for dinner. This place was perfect. We both enjoy wine and good food. We wanted a place that could provide both without being too loud so that we could talk and catch-up with each other. I arrived before her and enjoyed a glass of the house cabernet at the bar. When she arrived, we were promptly seated. Our waitress did an excellent job and the food was delicious. I was a little suspicious because it was fairly empty while we were there. But the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOMEOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014WE GO TO A LOT OF STEAK HOUSES. THIS ONE OFFERS IT ALL. GREAT FOOD, GREAT AMBIANCE, GREAT SERVICE AND BEAUTIFUL SURROUNDINGS! WE WILL BE BACK!!!!!!! OUR NEW FAVORITE RESTAURANT.Special Features:
- Great mealMJFinDined on 10/13/2014NYY is a high end sports bar- not quite what I had expected. The food was excellent and the energetic service was fun. A great meal in a slightly unexpected setting - I would come back. Our waiter Rodrigo was charismatic and steered us to some excellent food. The restaurant was a bit loud but pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchTravelingGalDined on 10/13/2014We came because we are Yankee fans but we left knowing we'd found a great steak house. The steaks were perfect and the crab bisque beforehand was amazing. Superb quality and great service. We felt like one of the family by the time we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- conn1138Dined on 10/7/2014Located across the street from Rockefeller Center. This is another great venture by the NY Yankees. The steaks and side dishes are comparable to the great steak houses of NYC. The service was outstanding and everything was spaced out between courses. I never felt as if I was being rushed out the door.Special Features:
- Great midtown steakhouseSamanthaVIPDined on 10/3/2014I love dining at NYY steak. The food and service is always great. It never disappoints. Highly recommend for business or personal dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but not greatrocketshipVIPDined on 10/2/2014Great for tourist. Not so much for locals. Great service, ok steaksSpecial Features:
- Good food but expensivePeckVIPDined on 10/1/2014It's all about the Yankees so make sure you're a fan! Good food, but I found the description of the menu by the waiter very long and prices are very high, there are better deals in nicer settings in the area in my viewSpecial Features:
- GreatstantasticDined on 9/30/2014Had a wonderful time the meal was priceless service was impecable loved it.Special Features:
- NYY steak is awesomeSamanthaVIPDined on 9/28/2014love this place...the service and food are always top notch. I have become a regular. highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedHankdevilDined on 9/27/2014You do not have to be a Yankee fan or even a baseball fan to appreciate great service or great steak which is what NYY Steak delivers constantly. Service is top notch and the wait staff is as friendly as they can be without going over the top.Excellent cuts of meat, the Filet Mignon actually melts in the mouth, the Strip is a Man's steak and the rib eye is fit for a king. My favorite place to take a relative or friend to for a special occasion.Special Features:
- vivalavidaVIPDined on 9/27/2014This is a very top notch restaurant. Everything was just outstanding. The only reason i didn't give a 5 star for food was because my steak was a bit overdone and they they didn't get it when i asked for a red center. The fillet mignon came over cooked and barely had a pink middle... I should have complained but didn't want to put the nice waitress in a hard spot, so let it go.Special Features:
- Excellent!LoveagreatsteakhouseDined on 9/26/2014I have been to a lot of steak houses, but this was one of the best! The filet mignon was buttery soft and delicious. The service was excellent and enthusiastic. It's a little pricey, but well worth it. Plus, the atmosphere is very cool if you are a Yankee fan.Special Features:
- nyc steak reviewnyysteakreviewDined on 9/25/2014Excellent food with great wine list. Best steak in the world. Service is best of all time. ANGEL deserves a raiseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.