NYY Steak - Midtown
7 West 51st Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
NYY Steak - Midtown
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.nyysteak.com/
- Phone: 6463077910x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Elliot Lopez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Private Dining rooms provided for lunch, dinner, and special events
- Cross Street: Between 5th and 6th Ave
- Public Transit: 1 block from the 47-50th Rockefeller Center stop via the B-D-F-M orange line
1 block from 5th Ave and 50th Street E blue line
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking validated at a discounted rate at Central Parking located at 155 48th Street between 6th and 7th ave.
A word from NYY Steak - Midtown
NYY Steak is New York's premier steakhouse for lunch, dinner, special events & private dining. Our three level property is located in the heart of Midtown Manhattan steps from Rockefeller Center. NYY Steak presents the ultimate New York experience- fine dining and the legendary Yankees. We will let our food speak for itself, featuring our very own butcher shop, dry-aging prime U.S.D.A. cuts & chops a minimum of 21-28 days, fresh seafood flown in daily, our home made desserts & and over 400 varieties of fine wine from around the world. The interior pays homage to our beloved Crown Jewel of Sport--The New York Yankees-- including our custom made signature wall featuring 86 autographs of legendary Yankees. NYY Steak is the home of championship cuisine and just like the Yankee's we never bring anything but the best to the plate!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
NYY Steak - Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
185 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (106)good for groups (81)notable wine list (68)great for lunch (54)fit for foodies (53)neighborhood gem (45)hot spot (42)romantic (39)vibrant bar scene (37)kid-friendly (17)scenic view (16)late-night find (12)great for brunch (11)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014Ate ear the other night, the food was excellent and they had a good wine/cocktail selection. As a lifelong Yankee fan i loved the decor. Was celebrating a birthday and the staff went the extra mile to celebrate with us. Angel was a terrific server.Special Features:
- Great #55 Birthday at NYY SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014I celebrated my 55th birthday at NYY Steak with my wife and special friends. The staff, and especially Anthony (our server) took great care of us. The bone-in ribeye was cooked perfectly, the sides were fantastic, and the deserts were the perfect end to this special dinner. Thanks to everyone at NYY Steak for making this birthday the best yet. We hope to come back for future events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovethisplaceLovethisplaceDined on 10/25/2014WOW, what a great place. Even if you are not a Yankee fan, come to this place as the food is great (better than great), the service is even better, with a great (long) wine list. This was one of the best NYC places we have eaten at and we go out to eat a lot! The location is also great.Special Features:
- Excellent.CatblueDined on 10/25/2014Excellent food. Steak and lamb chops and crab appetizer were all perfect. Wonderful Yankee atmosphere but still a fine dining experience. Waiter could not have been better. Good wine too.Special Features:
- Good food, pushy/overbearing waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/23/2014I went for lunch - great spot for a business lunch. I got the 8 oz filet mignon, with au poivre dressing, asparagus and corn on the side. Everything was really good. Corn was amazing - has bit of bacon in it, and it extremely delicious. Steak came out just as i ordered it. The waiter was just a complete weirdo. Too much info about everything.Special Features:
- A fun steakhouseWallStreetLawyerVIPDined on 10/21/2014For Yankee fans, and baseball fans. Great looking restaurant. Excellent place for a meat-eaters lunch. Pricey, but the specials are worthwhile. (If you can't get a table at the Yankee Stadium location, this is a very good alternative.)Special Features:
- Steak and YankeesMeataholicDined on 10/20/2014If you like one or either, you'll enjoy NYY. Great staff, great service, great food and sizeable portions. Lots of interesting Yankees stuff to, if that's your thing. Even as a Phillies fan, I enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for a nice dinnerhughesinohioDined on 10/20/2014My sister and I were both in NYC on business, so we met up for dinner. This place was perfect. We both enjoy wine and good food. We wanted a place that could provide both without being too loud so that we could talk and catch-up with each other. I arrived before her and enjoyed a glass of the house cabernet at the bar. When she arrived, we were promptly seated. Our waitress did an excellent job and the food was delicious. I was a little suspicious because it was fairly empty while we were there. But the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOMEOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014WE GO TO A LOT OF STEAK HOUSES. THIS ONE OFFERS IT ALL. GREAT FOOD, GREAT AMBIANCE, GREAT SERVICE AND BEAUTIFUL SURROUNDINGS! WE WILL BE BACK!!!!!!! OUR NEW FAVORITE RESTAURANT.Special Features:
- Great mealMJFinDined on 10/13/2014NYY is a high end sports bar- not quite what I had expected. The food was excellent and the energetic service was fun. A great meal in a slightly unexpected setting - I would come back. Our waiter Rodrigo was charismatic and steered us to some excellent food. The restaurant was a bit loud but pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- conn1138Dined on 10/7/2014Located across the street from Rockefeller Center. This is another great venture by the NY Yankees. The steaks and side dishes are comparable to the great steak houses of NYC. The service was outstanding and everything was spaced out between courses. I never felt as if I was being rushed out the door.Special Features:
- Great midtown steakhouseSamanthaVIPDined on 10/3/2014I love dining at NYY steak. The food and service is always great. It never disappoints. Highly recommend for business or personal dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but not greatrocketshipVIPDined on 10/2/2014Great for tourist. Not so much for locals. Great service, ok steaksSpecial Features:
- Good food but expensivePeckVIPDined on 10/1/2014It's all about the Yankees so make sure you're a fan! Good food, but I found the description of the menu by the waiter very long and prices are very high, there are better deals in nicer settings in the area in my viewSpecial Features:
- GreatstantasticDined on 9/30/2014Had a wonderful time the meal was priceless service was impecable loved it.Special Features:
- Never DisappointedHankdevilDined on 9/27/2014You do not have to be a Yankee fan or even a baseball fan to appreciate great service or great steak which is what NYY Steak delivers constantly. Service is top notch and the wait staff is as friendly as they can be without going over the top.Excellent cuts of meat, the Filet Mignon actually melts in the mouth, the Strip is a Man's steak and the rib eye is fit for a king. My favorite place to take a relative or friend to for a special occasion.Special Features:
- vivalavidaVIPDined on 9/27/2014This is a very top notch restaurant. Everything was just outstanding. The only reason i didn't give a 5 star for food was because my steak was a bit overdone and they they didn't get it when i asked for a red center. The fillet mignon came over cooked and barely had a pink middle... I should have complained but didn't want to put the nice waitress in a hard spot, so let it go.Special Features:
- Excellent!LoveagreatsteakhouseDined on 9/26/2014I have been to a lot of steak houses, but this was one of the best! The filet mignon was buttery soft and delicious. The service was excellent and enthusiastic. It's a little pricey, but well worth it. Plus, the atmosphere is very cool if you are a Yankee fan.Special Features:
- nyc steak reviewnyysteakreviewDined on 9/25/2014Excellent food with great wine list. Best steak in the world. Service is best of all time. ANGEL deserves a raiseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quintessential culinary experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Reservations, seamless. Staff, excellent (I felt like a VIP and a friend, this being my first visit.) Ambience, elegant and nostalgic (perhaps I'm a bit biased as a diehard Yankees fan!) Food, well...if everything else I previously mentioned was just okay, I would go back for the food. I thoroughly enjoyed the tomatoes and mozzarella (very fresh, perfectly seasoned and well portioned) and the filet was...perfection. I live in Maryland and am planning a date night with my wife to NYY Steak. Bravo!I would recommend this to a friend.
- So amazing!JacksMomDined on 9/24/2014A friend told me about their great experience and food at NYY a few months ago. Since we were going to be in the City for my husbands birthday, I figured it would be a nice place to take him for dinner. I booked through open table the same day and we were seated in what I think was the best table- near the window. I indicated on the reservation that it was for my husbands birthday and they even printed "happy birthday Craig!" on the top of the menu. The food is priced right for what you get- it was absolutely delicious and plentiful. Our server, Michael, was charming and informative about the restaurant. He didn't hold it against us that we were from Boston, and big sox fans, either! We would definitely go back next time we are in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceCAYanksFanDined on 9/24/2014Thoroughly enjoyed the evening. Will definitely go back when I'm in NYC. Enjoyed it so much went back for lunch two days later. Will our server did a great job at dinner and Jasmine the bartender was very personable.Special Features:
- NY GemEydieleighDined on 9/23/2014The service was spot on. My filet was overlooked but corrected right away and brought out by the manager. Tastiest Caesar salad I've ever had. Drinks were perfect.Special Features:
- CelebrationDonnyDined on 9/23/2014We went for a business celebration and they made special recognitions on the menu that was a great touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Waitor was very good and the food was outstanding. A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- for more than just Yankee fansOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/21/2014The steak was cooked to perfection and melted in my mouth what more could you ask for. My wife's chicken was full of flavor. I also cant say enough good things about our waiter. He was great. If your a Yankee fan this is a no brainer if your not its worth the visit great food great staff.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014If you would like to have a special night with some one special who is a Yankee this is the place to be. Their attention to detail was impecable and our server Michael was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationAshleyDined on 9/19/2014For my boyfriend's birthday, I decided to surprise him here. He's a huge Yankee fan and loves steak (perfect combo). The restaurant is amazing, and the service was very attentive and friendly. Food is great and those cheesy breads are so goodddd. Our hostess even gave us a tour of the restaurant which was amazing to see all the Yankee themed memorabilia and conference rooms where they have meetings and parties. Topped off the night was a delicious cheesecake for the birthday boy. It was perfect. Thank you so much NYY Steak for such a wonderful night. We both had an amazing time and he can't stop talking about it and showing everyone pictures. Will definitely have to come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Completely surprisedDeanVIPDined on 9/8/2014I went to NYY out of respect to a friend who is a huge Yankee fan. I came away with respect for the restaurant and its staff. The service and food were very good. The wedge salad with the shot of Vodka was amazing. Nice touch.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceNewYorkNYDined on 9/7/2014We went there for my mom's birthday and they made a special menu with happy birthday wishes for my mom. Food was great and service outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014It was a wonderful dining experience. The decor was fun and appropriate, and the upstairs party room had many more photos.wait staff was great food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steaks in a great settingClintonVIPDined on 9/5/2014We were a group of 10 and went to NYY Steak thinking we would get a good steak. We got that and so much more. The venue is beautiful (especially if you are a Yankees fan!); it is modern with excellent decor so a very inviting setting. The downstairs glass butchery is a nice addition. The food was excellent (the bacon starter was incredible!). The desserts were out of this world. We hope to be back soon.Special Features:
- over all experiencenyc2014lfdDined on 9/5/2014Me and my groups over all experience was great. Being from out of town and a huge yankees fan; We enjoyed ourselves very much and our waiter was outstanding and very upfront and knowledgeable! Would definitely come back again !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014This restaurant was wonderful Food and service was amazing! Great pictures of Yankees on wallsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unhappyunimpressednyyDined on 9/4/2014Went here sept. 4th, was seated and then five minutes later was given a ten minute lecture on the place, really didn't need it. After another five minutes was brought our water and then another five to ten minute lecture on what cuts of meat are, again, wasn't needed. Then ordered a steak and was asked what side I wanted because it came with, well apparently I was charged anyway for the ballpark concession quality fries. Water was refilled promptly though, so that's a plus. Maybe we just don't get the whole "fancy" dining but we would definitely not go back. The pics on the wall were cool though.
- Love the servicePatrickVIPDined on 8/27/2014Was alone for lunch and simply had a tomato and steak salad -- delicious as always. But the service is the star here. Such friendly, efficient servers.
- Treated like VIPs!PegeggheadDined on 8/24/2014A perfect settings for a quiet, elegant dinner. The atmosphere is relaxed, friendly, yet top notch service and food. The 4 of us were treated like royalty. Our server even gave us a behind the scenes tour after dinner. With the Yankee pictures and memorabilia throughout it made for an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedmeekaVIPDined on 8/22/2014I come to nyy steak @least 2 or 3 times a week & my last visit me & my wife wasnt so happy. Bbq sliders came to us cold ' the french fries wasnt spot on as always & my wife mojito tasted like lemonade. We had to wait until the our regular bartender (CHRIS) came to work to order another drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining with the YankeesGalAboutTownDined on 8/20/2014Steps away from Rockefeller Center, this is the perfect place to take your friends from out of town, whether they love baseball or not. You're surrounded by giant photographs of Yankee's greats. I've dined at the bar and in the larger room. Both make for a great experience. The wait staff is very educated on food & drink offerings, and make you feel right at home. They're bubbly, professional, and happy to be there. The food--AMAZING. I had the double play, which is the steak & lobster tail. Another time I had the burger sliders, and the fried oysters. They are remarkable. Downstairs you can watch the butchers work with the aged meat. They'll talk to you about the cuts if you like. The restrooms are spotless, as is the whole restaurant.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerFoodieMamaof4Dined on 8/19/2014I made a reservation on Open Table, indicating it was our anniversary. They created a menu with Happy Anniversary on it!!!! We received a complimentary Creme brûlée, and my husband's name was carved into his steak's bone. Totally awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.