NYY Steak - Midtown
7 West 51st Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
NYY Steak - Midtown
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.nyysteak.com/
- Phone: 6463077910x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Elliot Lopez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Private Dining rooms provided for lunch, dinner, and special events
- Cross Street: Between 5th and 6th Ave
- Public Transit: 1 block from the 47-50th Rockefeller Center stop via the B-D-F-M orange line
1 block from 5th Ave and 50th Street E blue line
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking validated at a discounted rate at Central Parking located at 155 48th Street between 6th and 7th ave.
A word from NYY Steak - Midtown
NYY Steak is New York's premier steakhouse for lunch, dinner, special events & private dining. Our three level property is located in the heart of Midtown Manhattan steps from Rockefeller Center. NYY Steak presents the ultimate New York experience- fine dining and the legendary Yankees. We will let our food speak for itself, featuring our very own butcher shop, dry-aging prime U.S.D.A. cuts & chops a minimum of 21-28 days, fresh seafood flown in daily, our home made desserts & and over 400 varieties of fine wine from around the world. The interior pays homage to our beloved Crown Jewel of Sport--The New York Yankees-- including our custom made signature wall featuring 86 autographs of legendary Yankees. NYY Steak is the home of championship cuisine and just like the Yankee's we never bring anything but the best to the plate!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
NYY Steak - Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
213 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (124)good for groups (79)notable wine list (69)great for lunch (55)fit for foodies (54)hot spot (43)neighborhood gem (42)vibrant bar scene (39)romantic (38)kid-friendly (16)scenic view (14)great for brunch (12)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Completely surprisedDeanVIPDined on 9/8/2014I went to NYY out of respect to a friend who is a huge Yankee fan. I came away with respect for the restaurant and its staff. The service and food were very good. The wedge salad with the shot of Vodka was amazing. Nice touch.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceNewYorkNYDined on 9/7/2014We went there for my mom's birthday and they made a special menu with happy birthday wishes for my mom. Food was great and service outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014It was a wonderful dining experience. The decor was fun and appropriate, and the upstairs party room had many more photos.wait staff was great food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steaks in a great settingClintonVIPDined on 9/5/2014We were a group of 10 and went to NYY Steak thinking we would get a good steak. We got that and so much more. The venue is beautiful (especially if you are a Yankees fan!); it is modern with excellent decor so a very inviting setting. The downstairs glass butchery is a nice addition. The food was excellent (the bacon starter was incredible!). The desserts were out of this world. We hope to be back soon.Special Features:
- over all experiencenyc2014lfdDined on 9/5/2014Me and my groups over all experience was great. Being from out of town and a huge yankees fan; We enjoyed ourselves very much and our waiter was outstanding and very upfront and knowledgeable! Would definitely come back again !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014This restaurant was wonderful Food and service was amazing! Great pictures of Yankees on wallsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unhappyunimpressednyyDined on 9/4/2014Went here sept. 4th, was seated and then five minutes later was given a ten minute lecture on the place, really didn't need it. After another five minutes was brought our water and then another five to ten minute lecture on what cuts of meat are, again, wasn't needed. Then ordered a steak and was asked what side I wanted because it came with, well apparently I was charged anyway for the ballpark concession quality fries. Water was refilled promptly though, so that's a plus. Maybe we just don't get the whole "fancy" dining but we would definitely not go back. The pics on the wall were cool though.
- Love the servicePatrickVIPDined on 8/27/2014Was alone for lunch and simply had a tomato and steak salad -- delicious as always. But the service is the star here. Such friendly, efficient servers.
- Treated like VIPs!PegeggheadDined on 8/24/2014A perfect settings for a quiet, elegant dinner. The atmosphere is relaxed, friendly, yet top notch service and food. The 4 of us were treated like royalty. Our server even gave us a behind the scenes tour after dinner. With the Yankee pictures and memorabilia throughout it made for an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedmeekaVIPDined on 8/22/2014I come to nyy steak @least 2 or 3 times a week & my last visit me & my wife wasnt so happy. Bbq sliders came to us cold ' the french fries wasnt spot on as always & my wife mojito tasted like lemonade. We had to wait until the our regular bartender (CHRIS) came to work to order another drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining with the YankeesGalAboutTownDined on 8/20/2014Steps away from Rockefeller Center, this is the perfect place to take your friends from out of town, whether they love baseball or not. You're surrounded by giant photographs of Yankee's greats. I've dined at the bar and in the larger room. Both make for a great experience. The wait staff is very educated on food & drink offerings, and make you feel right at home. They're bubbly, professional, and happy to be there. The food--AMAZING. I had the double play, which is the steak & lobster tail. Another time I had the burger sliders, and the fried oysters. They are remarkable. Downstairs you can watch the butchers work with the aged meat. They'll talk to you about the cuts if you like. The restrooms are spotless, as is the whole restaurant.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerFoodieMamaof4Dined on 8/19/2014I made a reservation on Open Table, indicating it was our anniversary. They created a menu with Happy Anniversary on it!!!! We received a complimentary Creme brûlée, and my husband's name was carved into his steak's bone. Totally awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYY steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014I must say the food, the service, the ambiance, decor was great. The overall food was fresh and delicious, the steak and lobster i order was top quality. I would definitely go back and try other dishes.Special Features:
- WORTH EVERY PENNYMURCIELAGO33Dined on 8/16/2014TOOK MY SON TO NYY STEAK FOR GRADUATING INTO HIGH SCHOOL. IT WAS HIS FIRST TIME THERE, AND HE ENJOYED EVERY MINUTE OF IT. FROM THE SERVICE TO THE FOOD, EVERYTHING WAS SPOT ON EXCELLENT. WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE TRAFFIC DUE TO SOME STREET CLOSINGS FOR STREET VENDORS THAT CREATED SOME DETOURS, EVERYTHING ELSE WENT SMOOTH. WASN'T MY FIRST TIME THERE, AND DEFINITELY WON'T BE THE LAST.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jsalVIPDined on 8/15/2014Went here for Restaurant Week dinner. I had the bacon appetizer (excellent, although there's really no bacon that's not), the filet mignon (one of the most tender steaks I've had) and the creme brulee. Everything was delicious. The complimentary cheese bread was dry but the chive butter and chopped mixed olives that came with it were good. Service was not very attentive and short on finesse. The place is elegant and airy but the tables are packed a bit too close together.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningarb3nDined on 8/15/2014Great food, a little loud - so its hard to have a conversation but the food and drinks make up for that.Special Features:
- AstoundingCharliAmourDined on 8/15/2014My friend and I ate here for NY Restaurant week during a recent visit to NYC. The food was amazing, the service was impeccable and the venue was upscale but nostalgic if you're a New York Yankees fan. All in all, I would say it was amazing. I would definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed NYY SteakFloridaviistorsDined on 8/15/2014This was the first time for us at NYY Steak. We had the 3 course special menu for restaurant week and it was excellent. Nice choices for salad, the filet mignon was prepared just as we requested (it was very tasty), and cheesecake for desert. Jennifer was our waitress and she did a wonderful job. All-in-all we had a great meal and a great time and recommend this restaurant.
- a gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Went here for restaurant week, but ordered off the regular menu. The service was second to none... Our waiter was incredibly personable and attentive. His recommendations for wine and steak were spot on... The rib eye was the best I've ever had. The tuna left something to be desired but most people will have steak anyway. it was nice to get away from the times square crowd but still enjoy dinner before a show. Never felt rushed. Will definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great servicePHXgourmandDined on 8/14/2014The food was very good (though I admit I have had better in midtown)--very tender filet cooked properly and a nice lobster tail. Excellent "Yankeetini" and my co-worker said her cocktail was made perfectly too. Our server Fernando was awesome, very attentive and fun patter. And if you are a Yankees fan you'll be in heaven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ambience and food!NikkiDined on 8/12/2014I came here for restaurant week lunch and my expectations were exceeded the Chicken and Avacado Sandwich is one of the best sandwiches I ever ate in my life, the cheesecake portion for dessert was a wow factor to top of the meal and the place itself was very very nice and classy, service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful RestaurantNewYorkLuverDined on 8/11/2014NYY Steak was spectacular. The food was excellent and our waiter, Sammy, was phenomenal. It was my son's birthday and they made it a special treat for him. We loved the photo's of the Yankees!! Great time had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bentley 2014Bently2014Dined on 8/10/2014The food was excellent and the service was also excellent. I would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone. Even if they are not Yankee Fans. That's a bonus. A must dine at in NYC and close to Rockefeller center. What a great place!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40th Birthday Celebration DinnerTheSmithsDined on 8/9/2014Amazing ambience and food. The staff was doting and professional. The BEST steakhouse!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MY FAVORITEmeekaVIPDined on 8/8/2014Truffled french fries are the best fries I've ever tasted. Prime rib sliders are too die 4 , Chris the bartender is a sweetheartSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out!LuvNicePlacesDined on 8/8/2014After I explained it was my husband's birthday, the staff at NYY Steak was totally accommodating. Both the service and food were outstanding! The entire staff was pleasant and helpful. The personalized menu and ribeye added an extra special touch to the evening. Overall NYY Steak is an upbeat, clean restaurant with a great selection of delicious food and wonderful staff. I would say go even if you're not a Yankees fan...nice pictures and memorabilia without overdoing it. It's somewhat pricey but definitely worth it. I will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect for special occasionsyankeefan66Dined on 8/8/2014The wine list was impressive, the photographs on the walls were amazing, and everyone on the staff provided great service. The staff had a great knowledge of the Yankee team. This is THE place to have any kind of party, formal or informal.Special Features:
- Great placeTheone1Dined on 8/7/2014This is a lovely and best steakhouse I have ever been to. Great food plus excellent service:Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerYanksFan24Dined on 8/7/2014My girlfriend took me here last week for my birthday. The steaks and sides were amazing and the Yankees pictures / atmosphere could not be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wednesdaylunchjimboDined on 8/6/2014service was great and quick came around frequently with questions meal was excellent too much to ea t didn't finish a good time was hadSpecial Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/5/2014Wow! The food and service here exceeded my expectations in every way!Special Features:
- Well worth it!Ohio4Dined on 8/2/2014We chose the restaurant both for the theme and the fact that it was a steakhouse. We were so very pleased first by the well done yet tasteful sports theme, the outstanding waiter (Rod), and of course our steaks which were prepared to perfection. Bravo to the NYY Steakhouse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Baseball meets styleJan28Dined on 8/1/2014Always skeptical about the limited menus of Restaurant Week. This was limited but excellent. Filet Mignon was wonderful; even the house salad was excellent. Let's not even mention the perfect (and large) creme brulee. Baseball games on the large TV's on the walls, cute uniforms for waiters, excellent service, our waiter was very knowledgable about the wines on an extensive list and could not have been more patient, and beautiful decor. Go for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One Time DealYeartoShineDined on 8/1/2014Impressive décor 'sophisticated sporty'. Is that an oxymoron? I liked the sport coat side-by-side with the deck shoe vibe at the bar. Mostly men. Went for restaurant week and felt the server was giving a hard upsell. Ordered premium cocktails that took a long time to arrive. In fact, the appetizers came before the cocktails- a big no-no in my book. Bacon appetizer was great. Caesar salad bland. The tenderloin entree was obviously prepared sous-vide with a great charred crust. I enjoyed it, but my husband didn't, not enough bite. Nothing special about the sides. Good NY cheesecake dessert. Probably won't go back.
- JustBecause830Dined on 8/1/2014The food, the wait staff and the atmosphere at this restaurant is absolutely wonderful. I can't explain how in awe we were at everything. I can't wait for my next visit. The salmon was superb! The bacon was extraordinary! The special touch on the menu for the birthday we were celebrating was so thoughtful!Special Features:
- Awesome !!meekaVIPDined on 7/31/2014I come to nyy steak @least twice a week & the food is always consistent. They have restaurant week 7 a days a week which is very rare for a steak houseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/30/2014Overall good dinner . Wait staff was attentive and efficient. Kitchen was a little to quick,, We were talking a lot ( of business) thru the apps so dinner was held at the kitchen . So we thought till the food came out cold,Bit more expensive then most steak houses.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014Every time, NYY delivers a great level of service and experience, the quality of the food is excellent, the service and overall environment is pleasant for either a party of 2, or a big group like my was. The food wait time was also impressive and we did not have to wait too long, which was great my group lunch was a success, more like a home run!... Thanks, I will come again, and again, and again. Waiting for Mariano Rivera's luncheon...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing PlaceIrisVIPDined on 7/27/2014Amazing place, totally loved it!!! Service was great! Got a private tour and this place is so pretty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is amazing!majorfoodcriticDined on 7/26/2014First of all the decor is out of this world. If you are a Yankees fan you will LOVE all of the specials touches like the baseball diamond shaped plates and bowls and the massive light fixture over the bar compromised of many many strings of 27 rings. Their butcher shop is located right beneath the restaurant which guarantees the freshness of the steaks. The service is impeccable as well and the food tastes incredible. The portions are enormous especially the desserts! Will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.