5550 NW 40th Street
Coconut Creek, FL 33073Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.seminolecoconutcreekcasino.com/dining/nyy-steak
- Phone: 9549356699
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday through Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Legends Lounge open until 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Wheelchair Access
A word from NYY Steak
The best steak house in South Florida is here at Seminole Casino Coconut Creek. Around every upscale corner, you'll find signature Yankee touches like our autographed wall of past and present players, baseball diamond-shaped dishes marked with retired Yankee numbers. Out of our award winning, open kitchen, the finest dry aged USDA Prime steaks, five-star seafood and sumptuous desserts, presented with perfection. There's no place like it in Florida. Legends Lounge offers you the best lounge to enjoy live entertainment and amazing drinks with friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
NYY Steak - Best Restaurants in Coral Springs ›
NYY Steak reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (87)romantic (46)fit for foodies (36)good for groups (28)great for brunch (26)notable wine list (26)neighborhood gem (20)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (11)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- it was my son's birthdayefliegVIPDined on 8/27/2014We have been there at least 7 times, but no one knows you. The front desk is cold, the waiters are cold. Not a friendly bunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FAB-U-LICIOUSOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Have dined there multiple times & each time it is a total party for the taste buds. The wait staff (very partial to Dave & Dave although everyone is good) provides great recommendations and do not mind if you share or dine family style. Tried seared Sea Scallops, Crab Cakes, Fresh Nyy Steak Bacon, Colossal Stuffed BBQ Shrimp, Oysters Rockefeller, New York Strip, Long Bone Cowboy Ribeye (the brand your initials in the bone), Twin South African Cold Water Lobster Tails, Oscar sauce, blue cheese sauce, au poive sauce, crab meat sauce, NYY corn (reluctant to get, but WOW was it delicious), loaded baked potato, lobster mac A MUST, button mushrooms, asparagus & I'm sure I'm leaving something out - EVERYTHING WAS ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible serviceDougDined on 8/24/2014The shrimp cocktail and Ceasars salad was great. The thick cut strip steaks,garlic mashed potatoes and French fries were lousy. They probably would have been good but they sat waiting 15 minutes before being brought to the table almost cold. Complained to manager. Won't eat there again
- Delicious but, smokey!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014Loved the restaurant in every single way but one! The smoke from the casino was very distasteful. It was awful at the bar area & slightly better in the restaurant. The food was delicious, the service was impeccable, just do something about the smoke!!!Special Features:
- the oviparous experienceTonysBDDined on 8/17/2014You must be ready to eat all you can with calm. Every table on the morning sunday brunch is something special. See food and deserts are something especial to mention !! ahhh and the vegies bread wowSpecial Features:
- UnimpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014I brought my husband for his birthday, and I was unimpressed. Our server was in training, and for the most part left us to fend for ourselves, there was a bit of waiting...but nothing too serious. I ordered a med well filet, which first came burnt and tasted like charcoal, then after remade was undercooked. We were offered and asked for more bread, the basket was taken but we were never brought more. My husband ordered the porterhouse which was extremely fatty and surprisingly difficult to cut. The management did attempt to make the situation better by giving us a free dessert, and I appreciated their attentiveness to the situation. Based on the reviews and this restaurants website I had high hopes which were definitely dashed.
- NYY steakedcannDined on 8/16/2014Simply put, the best steak house in south Florida. I have been to all the best steak restaurants in south Florida avd no one chimed close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HARRYDined on 8/15/2014SERVICE AND FOOD IS EXCELLENT. WOULD RECOMMEND TO ANYONESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak wonderful lobsterZazie7Dined on 8/10/2014We went on a fairly quiet night. The restaurant is filled with Yankee memorabilia but in a tasteful way. The kitchen is in full sight and very clean. The food was exceptional. The steaks were cooked to perfection, with the long bone cowboy ribeye having your initials etched into the bone, which is unique. The bread basket with the hot pretzels and chive and goat cheese butter was an added treat. The real surprise was the lobster tail was the best I have ever had. The service was attentive without being intrusive. The restaurant is in a smoky casino however that does not seem to affect the air in NYY to any significant degree. It is pricey but worth it for a special occasion .Special Features:
- ServiceCmficVIPDined on 8/10/2014Joey was great first time server for us Carlos is my number one choice but Joey was great thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2014Service was wonderful and the food top notch. We would definitely go againSpecial Features:
- SuperdineDined on 8/9/2014It was another great experience at NYY. Margaret your host is just a wonderful lady and seated us with a great server, his name was David. He was very friendly and has excellent skills is serving your delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the roughmjwesqDined on 8/7/2014Although without the notoriety of Capital Grille or Shula's (both overrated), the tradition of Abe & Louie's or The Forge, or the cachet of Red or Graziano's, NYY Steakhouse at the Coconut Creek Casino is a gem. Service: unobtrusive, knowledgeable, friendly, and -- overall -- excellent. The food, from smell-the-beach Blue Points and colossal shrimp appetizers, to delectable African lobster tails and perfectly cooked (and aged) bone-in NY strip entrees, to the crème brulee that was both delicious and expertly brulee'd right at our table, all was wonderful. The wine list is adequate, with a few deals at the bottle level for those who know what they're looking for. All in all, a great find in an unexpected place. Will definitely repeat.Special Features:
- FairladyVIPDined on 8/5/2014NYY Steak is simply the best !!! a bit pricey but worth it, delicious food and amazing service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Bad Service Ruined ItOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2014The food was excellent. Server was there at first then never saw him after taking order. Busboy brought food. Server got large table, ignored us after they sat, then another server finishes with us who had an attitude like this was a bother to her. Ruined wife's birthday dinner. As a lifelong Yankee fan and native New Yorker, I will be sending the team a letter. Stick to NYY at Yankee Stadium.
- Great foodJessykalee76Dined on 7/29/2014Service and food was deliscious. Wine is a bit pricey by the glass otherwise superbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice EveningFourstarrobertDined on 7/25/2014The food and service was terrific although and quite expensive I felt worth it as we exited. Ambience was all about NY which is me including the people. We expect the best. Not something I would do everyday but memorable. Wine List lacked an affordable Bordeaux. We won our expense back at the tables which made our evening even better. Very Nice.Special Features:
- Nice surpriseAliceDined on 7/22/2014We were very surprised at the quality of food in a casino restaurant. The fillet was the best we've had in years. Tuna Tartar was perfect. Service was very attentive. It was a special occasion for us but we will be coming back just a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2014A wonderful spot for great food with something for everyone. Great service, lovely live guitar music and great food... what else could you ask for?Special Features:
- Great BrunchJb81Dined on 7/20/2014Have eaten at NYY quite a few times for dinner, this was our first Brunch. It definately lived up to the expectations. Food was superb. Service was outstanding. Overall a great experience. Will return again for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappydaysDined on 7/19/2014GREAT FOOD.EXCELLENT SERVICE. GOOD MENU. WOULD RECOMMEND TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO CELEBRATE A SPECIAL OCCACIONSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice birthdayRedhead14Dined on 7/14/2014The food and service was excellent . It was my birthday and a Monday so a lot of restaurants we thought of first were not open. Since the NYY steakhouse at the Coconut creek casino was close we decided to go there. We did not need a reservation because it was wide open. Everything was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Brunch-Best steak houseFoodie123Dined on 7/13/2014We have been to NYY Steak numerous times for dinner. The dry aged beef is superb. The service is low key, unobtrusive and classy. The servers are amicable and well trained and aim to please. Brunch outstanding. Nice ambience surrounded by the New York Yankee memorabilia. Guitar music in the background. Seafood selection abundant and FRESH. Bloody Mary's and Mimosas included in the 60.00 price. Homemade bacon, sausage. Beautiful cuts of meat. Loved the sea scallops on a pancake. The creme brulee french toast. Although buffet style, the dishes are individually plated inside the warmers. Dessert selection plentiful. Our favorite is the Yoo-Hoo float made to order with chocolate sauce, ice cream and yoo-hoo. A touch of New York.Special Features:
- Steak loversinvitingu2VIPDined on 7/12/2014We go all the time and love the same thing every time. NY Strip - Thick 20oz - Baked Potato - Plain Caesar with no Anchov and Shrimp Cocktail with a bottle of Cab.Special Features:
- WonderfulNYYGoodbyeDined on 7/11/2014We will miss NYY desperately. Especially the perfectly prepared steaks, and the absolute best server in South Florida Manuela.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not too happy with NYY this time.98stangDined on 7/3/2014This was the 3rd time the wife and I ate here. The service was severely lacking. The service is normally excellent which is why I mention this is all specific to this occasion. Our food was not good. I sent mine back as it was raw. They literally threw the food back on the grill and returned the same pieces to me instead of remaking the meal. The manager bought us a dessert for our troubles. The service and food have not been at the level they were when we first went. I hope they change their act.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBMacGDined on 6/28/2014We celebrated our 38th anniversary at NYY and very impressed. We did not have the same experience this time. Service was wonderful, food fell short!!! We ordered the same things and the first time the food was amazing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BwlltDined on 6/28/2014Excellent, as usual. Dwayne gave us great service. One person in our group had the salmon and it was very dry, but everything else was wonderful. Keep in mind this is a steakhouse, not a fish-house.Special Features:
- I usually love going to NYYmoytb713Dined on 6/28/2014The Cowboy Rib Eye is usually amazing. This time though, I ordered it Medium Rare and it came out fairly rare in parts, while other parts of it was cooked correctly. I hope this is just a one time thing for me as I truly do love dining at this location and we do go every other month or so. Maybe next time, I should order a different cut of beef. The sides were amazing as always and my wife was very happy with her meal.Special Features:
- Very good but not greatLoves2EatDined on 6/24/2014This has always been a place we came to celebrate special occasions and we have always left with a fantastic meal and splendid service. Last nights meal fell short and while it was very good it did not measure up to our previous visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/23/2014I thought the restaurant food was very good. The only problem I found was there was no kids memu. The serve staff was very helpful with menu ideas for the two children that were there for dinner. I would more than likely go back but without the kiks. The service was friendly, helpful and very knowledgeable. All in all it was a very good evening.Special Features:
- Food GREAT ! Service was HORRIBLEAlwaysAWinnerDined on 6/22/2014If it had been my first time here, I may never have gone back. But, not first, so I know the quality of Food and Service are typically empeciable. However, on this occassion, service was substandard. When you go to a steakhouse and pay $60 for a steak, typically the waiters are an elite quality. They realize we not only go for the food, but for the service. Unfortunately, we got a server that was so substandard, impersonable and actually made us feel uncomfortable asking her for anything. She would have been just fine, if were were at a local diner, but we were not. We still tipped her 20%, which at that point she became the wonderful server that she should have been when we walked in. So great service in the 10 minutes of our stay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT STEAKBBBUDDYDined on 6/21/2014THE STEAK WAS VERY GOOD. THE ONION SOUP WAS BLAND. SERVICE WAS SOOOO-SOOOO. NICE RECOGNITION OF A SPECIAL OCCASSION.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STILL THE BEST OF ALL !!CONNIEANGELDined on 6/21/2014THE FOOD IS EXCELLENT !! EMPLOYEES, STARTING WITH THE GIRLS AT THE FRONT DESK TO THE WAITERS , ARE SO KIND AND PROFESSIONAL. WE HAVE BEEN THERE SEVERAL TIMES , AND HAVE TRIED ALMOST EVERYTHING ON THE MENU. IT'S ALL GOOD, YOU WILL LOVE IT !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where's my dinner?AnnBDined on 6/20/2014Service was great. The bus boy in particular was very attentive to our needs. However, we ordered two filet minions and only one showed up at the table! We ended up splitting one 8oz. filet rather than wait another 45 minutes for the second one. The potato was awful. Tasted undercooked and then kept under the warming lights. We have been to this restaurant before and never had this kind of problem. A very disappointing experience for the two of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, bad serviceYankeeSteakFanDined on 6/20/2014We really enjoy a good steakhouse, and don't mind spending the money. Usually for the money you get great food and great service. At NYY steak the food was great but the service was poor. We were seated without a wine list to start. Then we had to ask one of the bus boys for one. It took a while for our server to come over and when he finally did we ordered a bottle of wine and an appetizer. The wine came, but the appetizer came out 2 minutes before our meal arrived. When our main course came the waiter went to take it back, but we did not want the food to get cold so we told him to leave it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighbor usual for steakinvitingu2VIPDined on 6/20/2014Always good but this last time it took way too long and we were there before the crowd got there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYY SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/20/2014The food was outstanding as well as the service. Try the large strip and share it 3 ways! Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and ServiceTVZ110775Dined on 6/19/2014NYY Steak was excellent from the service to the food. I would recommend to anyone to try at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperdineDined on 6/16/2014Again we had a wonderful dinner. Margarita your host is wonderful and sat us with our favorite server - Jennifer < she is the BEST >!!!Special Features: