1096 Queen West
Toronto, ON M6J 1H9Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nyood.ca/
- Phone: 4164661888
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:30pm Brunch: Saturday 11:00am-3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Ariel Coplan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies)
- Entertainment: Fridays and Saturday's Nyood now has a dj in house from 10:00pm onwards.
- Special Events: Perfect venue for weddings, corporate events, engagement parties, fashion shows and much much more!
A word from Nyood
Nyood is a stylish, high-energy restaurant/nightspot. Located in the up and coming Queen West neighbourhood of Parkdale, Nyood has set the standard for both locals and destination driven patrons. The concept at its very base is driven by a culinary philosophy of simple food with only fine ingredients, authentic design and excellent service. This is the newest venture by Hanif Harji, of famed local spots Kultura, Blowfish and Colborne Lane.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nyood reviews from OpenTable diners
- A wonderful night at NyoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2012I went there with a few girlfriends of mine on a Thursday evening. The atmosphere was great, the service was excellent, and I really enjoyed the food. I especially love the concept where it was a plate of food that you would share among a group of friends. We were greeted at the door and were also addressed when we left. It had a nice warm vibe about the place. The waiter also informed us about monthly events that happen here which definitely intrigued myself and my friends to come back. What an excellent experience at Nyood. You will definitely see me there again soon. Thanks for a fabulous experience!Special Features:
- Satisfied & Would Go AgainCarinaDined on 5/12/2012Went for brunch. The food and drinks were good, but the ambiance made our experience.
- The food was complex and veryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/6/2012The food was complex and very good. The noise level was very high when were were there but i think that was happenstance. We will be back often.Special Features:
- Food was great. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/30/2012Food was great. Service was great. An overall good night
- We had a great time. We hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2012We had a great time. We had four kids under the age of 14 and we all had an awesome time. The service was amazing the food was great. The desserts were the best part.Special Features:
- This was our second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2012This was our second visit and I am sorry to say our last. While diners want attentive staff, the staff at Nyood's was overly attentative to the point of interrupting our conversation, not only by one server but it appears by the entire staff. No less than 4 or 5 people visited our table to find out if everything was fine every few minutes. The food was also a dispointment as only 3 of the 8/9 dishes we ordered were well prepared and deserved to the tried again, salad (cannot remember which one), the short ribs and the plain flat bread. The Sicilian eggplant, the crab cakes, panko encrusted chicken, the lamb flatbread and the others dishes were poorly seasoned and should be passed over. Ambience was very good.
- We were shocked by the price!rrrrDined on 3/9/2012We were shocked by the price! I had no idea it was a tapas restaurant when I booked because the menu gives no indication. The appetizer and main prices are exactly what they would be at any other restaurant in the neighbourhood and of the same quality of food/atmosphere, but because the dishes were so much smaller we had to order 2-3 times as many which meant our bill was 2-3 times what it would be had we gone anywhere else. Other tapas restaurants lower the prices of each dish so that patrons can affordably order extra dishes and be satisfied at the end of the meal. At Nyood, the food was definitely delicious, but not worth the price.
- My husband and I are veganOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2012My husband and I are vegan so of course we checked the menu on the web site before making our reservation. We found several small plates that looked suitable, but were pleasantly surprised when we ordered to discover how accommodating the kitchen could be. We enjoyed much more variety than we thought would be available, and the food was creative and delicious. Our server, Lionel, was outstanding.Special Features:
- The food was amazing and theBeverlyTorontoVIPDined on 3/2/2012The food was amazing and the bartender was a gem. Had a great time. We even decided to take in one last drink and some tunes in the attached club, upstairs of the restaurant. A good time!Special Features:
- Dishes were very small, leftOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2012Dishes were very small, left feeling hungry. Very pretentious. Overpriced.
- highly disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/14/2012Pretty disappointing on all fronts. were not accomodating at all when we asked to be moved and the restaurant was 2/3rds full. The wine list is small and the selections are poor(a lot of stuff you can get at the LCBO vintages)and the one bottle we asked for they didnt have. There was a special prix fixe on which meant we couldn't order off the regular menu - also confusing as this was not mentioned upon booking. Did not allow us to order anything off the reg menu (how hard would this have been?). Service was all over the map - brought us the same course multiple times, had a team of different waiters coming by our table. Just not what you expect at this price point. not the restaurant I remembered it was.
- Terrible Service from ManagerClaudineDined on 2/14/2012Food was very good, servers were great but manager's attitude was terrible. I called ahead and was told that we can order from regular menu for that night. I had to make sure as some of us have diet restrictions. It turned out this was not true so our party reluctantly ordered from the fix priced menu; we spoke to manager and he was unapologetic. Later on that night, to our surprise, there were dishes from regular menu coming out of the kitchen which we happen to be sitting by. We brought this to the manager's attention and again got an "oh well that's too bad for you" attitude.
- Bland and greasy deep friedMarkopoloDined on 2/10/2012Bland and greasy deep fried food with an overpriced wine list. The ingredients did not compliment each other in the dishes and the overall experience was very dissapointing especially compared to Kultura which is an excellent tapas restaraunts.
- Great food. Wine list couldOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/4/2012Great food. Wine list could have been better. It's all tapas, so be prepared to order a lot of dishes if you're hungry.Special Features:
- The food was sub-par in thatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/4/2012The food was sub-par in that it was bland and unimaginative. Higly misrepresented from the menu. Eg. The eggplant appetizer was anything but - it was tiny pieces of breaded, fried eggplant with a pea-sized piece of cheese and 1 diced cube of tomato. For the lack of flavour and the tiny portions, it was HIGHLY over-priced. I would never go back or send someone there. Just over on Ossington is Foxley with outstanding tappas cuisine, larger portions for much less money.
- Great food. The only bad notetry2eat4lunchDined on 1/20/2012Great food. The only bad note is that it was cold...but other than this..it was great!Special Features:
- I have been here on a numberOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/14/2012I have been here on a number of occasions, LOVE IT. The food is incredible, love the decor, good looking mature crowd, and the music is GREAT old R&B/HipHop.. was a GOOD TIME. On the pricey side.. but I thought it was all worth it. The CLUB upstairs on the other hand... SUX. I would suggest not to bother, stay in the bar area downstairs, they move all the tables out of the way so you can dance later on.Special Features:
- Food was pretty good. AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/14/2012Food was pretty good. Atmosphere good. Neat design.Special Features:
- extremely loud music: betterOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/7/2012extremely loud music: better for 20 somethings than 50 somethings food was great but came out very slowly and one thing at time, intermittentlySpecial Features:
- Great service, nice dishes,FawntasticDined on 1/7/2012Great service, nice dishes, and no fixed seating times - my kind of place. Oh, and if you like veggies, get a few - they do them very well.Special Features:
- Poor hostess, had a long waitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/27/2011Poor hostess, had a long wait even after we had reservations, great server..even thou he repeadtedly said tip is included in prix fix brunch..essentially is was not..he added his own tip that we had to pay in addition to the prix fix...great food..great music and dancers!Special Features:
- Very friendly service. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2011Very friendly service. Food was good; portions could have been a bit bigger... Great music. Loved the open-concept kitchen. Great overall experience.Special Features:
- Food was excellent but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2011Food was excellent but pricey for the amount you are getting. Our waiter 'Jesse' was probably one of the best waiters I've had in a long time. Very attentive, knowledgable about the menu and very friendly. Music was absolutely amazing!!Special Features:
- We found the food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/16/2011We found the food and service very good. The space was quite chilly when we arrived, but improved a bit over the course of the evening. We enjoyed the sharing plates, but found that the gaps between courses were a bit too long. We would have appreciated a coffee of latte at the end of the meal, but the coffee machine had just broken down.Special Features:
- Great food, presented in aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2011Great food, presented in a very nice way. The overall quality of the ingredients was just fabulous, the wines are good selected. Sharing plates is recommended and we agree that this is the best way to experience the taste of its chef.Special Features:
- Service was a bit slow evenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2011Service was a bit slow even though the restaurant was not full and we noticed that other people seated after us were served food before us? The noise was a bit louder than expected. Servers were good and the food was good as well.
- Second time I've been to thisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/22/2011Second time I've been to this place and will definitely go again. Amazing atmosphere, a little on the noisy side on a Saturday night, but that's to be expected. If you go I would recommend calling and asking for David to be your server. He is simply the best person you could ever have. Pays close attention to every detail and extremely knowledgeable on everything on the menu. Asking him to order the meal was spectacular. Bravo Nyood, you've done it again.Special Features:
- Decor its stunning and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2011Decor its stunning and food is fantastic. Unique and careful menu. Not for a quick bite, and they did get one of or tap tapas orders wrong, but promptly offered drinks on the house and didn't charge for the dish. Would recommend.Special Features:
- It's very expensive, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2011It's very expensive, but the tastes and qualities of the food we've tried was great! Love the creative decorations and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great food and server DavidOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2011Great food and server David McDonald was fantastic!Special Features:
- Really really loved our experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2011Really really loved our experience here - the food was well done and the service was quite exceptional - very informative and helpful.Special Features:
- Everything was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2011Everything was excellent, I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Wow! I'm glad to be back inOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/10/2011Wow! I'm glad to be back in Canada. Can't wait to try out colborne. thanks team buySpecial Features:
- As usual, the food was great.WillTravel4FoodVIPDined on 8/4/2011As usual, the food was great. The restaurant was very loud, however, even though not even half full. Difficult to enjoy our conversation.Special Features:
- Summerlicios ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2011I was hoping for Robert Mooking to be working but it was some other chef...the food was decent for the price I paid however it was bland and the service for a high end dinning establishment was sub-par. Also the salmon needed some more spice but thats just my personal taste.Special Features:
- The service and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2011The service and atmosphere were the highlights. The food was good; not necessarily memorable.Special Features:
- Food was delicious, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2011Food was delicious, service was decent (our server was obviously irritated when we wanted to pay separately), the music was a bit too loud for conversation in a group.Special Features:
- Good dine and dance locationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/15/2011We went for summerlicious. The food was pretty good. The cut of steak I had was a bit fatty but still good. Wine was decent for the price. Beautiful place located in a trendy neighborhood.Special Features:
- This time the service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/30/2011This time the service was excellent. There were three servers and eveything went very well. It was actually better than very good, but not quite outstanding.Special Features:
- had dinner at Nyood recentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/30/2011had dinner at Nyood recently http://www.nyood.ca/ The resto was airy, modern (interesting white bar & lights) with a decent tapas style menu; shared the wild mushroom salad (truffle oil made it a bit strong but quite tasty), manchego crusted mussels (a smidge on the salty side for me), mediterranean flatbread, ahi tuna + duck prosciutto flatbread. Food was good, fair portion sizes for sharing but still lacked something; was expecting different I suppose (seemed a little been there) ... rating: 6.5/10.Special Features: