1096 Queen Street West
Toronto, ON M6J 1H9Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nyood.ca/
- Phone: 4164661888x2
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday- Saturday: 6:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary European, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Vittorio Colacitti
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: From product launches, wedding receptions, engagement parties and corporate functions, Nyood is able to accommodate 25 - 220 guests with ease. Allow our dedicated events team to coordinate every detail from in house catering to decor. Chef Ariel Coplan will happily customize a menu for your event or feel free to choose from the many catering options available. Nyood is available for private and non exclusive affairs.
- Private Party Facilities: Nyood is available for private and non exclusive affairs.
- Private Party Contact: Katherine 416-466-1888x
- Entertainment: Nyood Bar is an intimate club that offers guests the opportunity to experience the expressive sounds of DJs in an intimate, beautiful setting.
Inspired by abandoned mansions and forgotten memories, Nyood Bar is a beautiful playground designed for chic, fashion-forward patrons who wish to enjoy the club’s eclectic lighting, music and cocktails. Sharp and stylish is the unwritten dress code.
A word from Nyood Restaurant
Rooted in tradition yet inspired by the contemporary, Nyood Restaurant is a celebration of food as it was intended to be experienced, juxtaposed against the grandeur of a baroque inspired space. The seasonal and communal cuisine of executive chef Stephen Ricci highlights the beauty found within simplicity. Each dish can be shared or solely enjoyed, paired with a signature cocktail, an elegant glass of wine or a hearty craft beer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nyood Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Thumbs downLisadeeDined on 11/30/2013I had some friends visiting from Boston and I wanted to show them what Toronto had to offer. Unfortunately the service and the food was disappointing. We were the only people in the restaurant when we arrived and it took 20 minutes to receive drinks. During the meal, we were not approached by the server for more drinks. However, the server was very nice. The ribs were good but the portion would not feed a small child. The steak was not cut well so there was a lot of unpleasant excess fat. The halibut was decent. The pizza had very little toppings but was good for filler. On a positive note, the atmosphere was pleasant and the decor was great.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2013Slowest service ever they cleared our plates before all our dishes came and then proceeded to Give us napkins
- Excellent food and serviceTweetyDined on 9/14/2013My husband and I went there for our anniversary dinner - all I did was add a comment to our open table reservation that it was an anniversary dinner. We were greeted with a Happy Anniversary welcome at the door by the host and as soon as we sat down we received complimentary sparkling wine from our server to celebrate. This was truly the best service we had at a restaurant in a while and the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is the second time thatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2013This is the second time that I have been to Nyood after my initial visit blew my tastebuds away! Unfortunately the second time was a slight let-down. The wait staff were once again friendly and attentive, but this time the food wasn't as good. The flavour and size of the chicken drumettes had changed and they tasted like chicken wings from a pub little to no seasoning. We also ordered ravioli which was under-cooked (however the replacement was perfect!) On the plus side, the beef short-ribs and turkish flatbread were both amazing and the wait-staff were very apologetic about the chewy ravioli. Gorgeous decor too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most Interesting MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2013We had a short list of 4 restaurants for Summerlicious 2013 and chose Nyood because it had the most interesting menu. We both enjoyed the fried oyster first plate and could have eaten more. The oysters had a nice crispy coating, although we both agreed that the pieces could have been bigger and juicier. The scallops were excellent; extra-large, seared until crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. We will definitely go back for this dish. The buttermilk marinated chicken had a crispy coating but the meat was a little mushy. Overall, the food lived up to our expectations and the service was friendly and attentive. We give Nyood a thumbs up.Special Features:
- Went for brunchTimWVIPDined on 6/9/2013This was our second visit. The first visit didn't go so well, and I wrote about it. They invited me back, and now they have a new chef. The new chef, made a whole lot of difference, along with service that was very enjoyable. Traditional breakfast: Tasty, there's no other way to put it. Burger: Also very delicious. We'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2013Restaurant recommended by friends. Upon browsing the website, we were intrigued. We arrived to find great decor. The menu wasn't as advertised on website - now sharing menu. Don't mind but wasn't what we were in the mood for. Cocktails tasty esp. argh I'm a pirate. Server was MIA for long stretches, not bothering to check in, refill our sparkling water/ask if we wanted drinks. Food arrived in a disjointed way, so one of us finished long before others got theirs. Dishes delivered by different people, so when we asked server about ribs that took over an hour, he had no clue.Food we got was lukewarm and largely flavourless, overcooked and salty. The restaurant was nearly empty, so a crowded busy night could not be offered as an excuse.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2013Went to Nyood for Mother's Day brunch with my parents and grandmother. Everyone enjoyed their meal, the service was great, and then even accommodated us by turning down the music a bit when we asked. Overall, a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mother's Day treatRnB1Dined on 5/12/2013Chicken and Waffles are amazing Fantastic Service. New chef apparently, so if you really want the Gingerbread pancakes, call ahead to see if its on the menu.Special Features:
- Great birthdayBrunettebellaDined on 4/27/2013We all had a good time. Price was good the food was good Always ask the wait staff what they like can't go wrongSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2013The service was very slow, but the servers were good when they showed up. We were at our table for 45 minutes before we got our drink order. We had a group of 8 and ordered a number of different items from the menu and they were all one more delicious than the next.Special Features:
- Very good service, presentationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2013Very good service, presentation and quality of food. Small portions for the price but you are paying for the venue. I was disappointed as many items on the menu had sold out for the evening at only 9pm.Special Features:
- For a place that's supposedTimWVIPDined on 3/9/2013For a place that's supposed to be pretty nice, that was probably the worst Eggs Bene that we've had. Eggs: We each had one that didn't run at all (almost to hard boiled status). Meaning, they knew they messed it up. Peameal bacon: Cold. Stone cold. Salty. Fries: They were ok, but again, not hot. Music for brunch = loud. It was turned off for a minute, and I thought, wow, that's nice. Then it came back on. It's brunch, guys. C'mon. Music for brunch = loud. It was turned off for a minute, and I thought, wow, that's nice. Then it came back on. It's brunch, guys. C'mon.
- The service was very attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013The service was very attentive and friendly. The food was brought out in a timely manner and was very tasty and fresh. It would have been nice if the restaurant served regular coffee instead of just an americano, especially for brunch, but overall it was good. I would come here again.Special Features:
- Pancakes are fantastic! OnlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/23/2013Pancakes are fantastic! Only suggestion would be to figure out how to split a bill into 2 parties. A two-person $75 brunch should cover the cost of a sub-total on the bill.Special Features:
- Decent BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2013Gingerbread hotcakes were outstanding. Breakfast poutine was good too but the fries weren't hot.Special Features:
- Appetizer and main entreeLovefoodDined on 2/5/2013Appetizer and main entree was excellent. Dessert was very average. Would definitely go again and recommend to friends and familySpecial Features:
- Superb Food and AtmosphereUnimpressed777Dined on 2/2/2013My girls and I went for Winterlicious and the food melted in our mouths. The atmosphere is so chic. The design is incredible. I will be back.Special Features:
- Good food, disappointing service...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/30/2013This was a disappointing experience. The food was great, but the service was slow. The place is loud, so loud you can't have a conversation without yelling yourself.
- My girlfriend were supperOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2013My girlfriend were supper excited to try this restaurant for winterlicious. The food was terrible. We had short ribs which so hard we all had a hard time cutting into the meat. For dessert we had the cheesecake which is a simple dessert. The crust was so hard you could cut into base to the cheesecake. My friends and I will never go back what a waste of money.Special Features:
- Brunch was excellent - hadKcufmanVIPDined on 1/12/2013Brunch was excellent - had the traditional brunch and my cousin had the egg white omelette. They were just amazing. Services was great too but a little slow. Could be this is the first day that they had brunch service and has only two servers. Will def go back again.Special Features:
- Fab ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/18/2012The experience at Nyood is always wonderful, great food and service and all under the creative chef Ariel...KudosSpecial Features:
- Went to Nyood on a WednesdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/28/2012Went to Nyood on a Wednesday night so not overly crowded or noisy. Really enjoyed the atmosphere and the service was very attentive. Found all the dishes we ordered delicious and plenty to share amongst our group of 3. I would definitely go again.Special Features: