Nuvo - Seafood and Pastas
412 Espanola Way
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Nuvo - Seafood and Pastas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafenuvo.com/
- Phone: (305) 534-5822
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 12:00am - 4:00pm,
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 5:00 pm-11:45 pm
Friday and Saturday: 5:00 pm to 12:45 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary European
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accomodate large parties and private events.
Do not hesitate to contact us for additional information.
- Private Party Contact: Nora Tharpe 3052979895x
- Special Events: Please call Nora at 305-297-9895
A word from Nuvo - Seafood and Pastas
Nuvo - Seafood and Pastas is a classic touch of the Mediterranean in the Historic Espanola Way Village in South Beach. Tucked among the lively shops and bars, it has an intimate setting with plush seating and excellent service. Offering lunch and dinner, guests can go on a gastronomic journey by exploring seafood and dishes with touches from France, Italy and Spain. It is the perfect place for a glass of wine on a romantic date or simply a conversation with friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nuvo - Seafood and Pastas reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (11)fit for foodies (6)neighborhood gem (6)romantic (4)special occasion (4)good for groups (3)great for lunch (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Nice Ambiance and People Watchingyzw200Dined on 8/5/2013We sat outside at Cafe Nuvo and had great people watching views. Wine list was solid and service was friendly. Food was average.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2013Nestled among the many restaurants hawking their menus on Espanola St. is this gem which does not need to use such measures as the food, service and ambience are the excellent and reasonably priced. Salads were well executed and on the mark. Pasta entries delivered and were as good if not better than advertised. Waiter was attentive but not overbearing and genuinely interested in making the experience a good one without trying to recommend the most expensive items as their neighbors do. Would highly recommend eating here if in the area.Special Features:
- NuvoliciousMissSoBeDined on 7/28/2013Fabulous ambiance..española way creates that beautiful mediterranean feel. Food delicious..waiter was fantastic.. Great personality...there was a bit of a wait for my sangria and a couple of other items but overall great place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereKateVIPDined on 6/19/2013The waiter was very helpful when choosing a wine. The food was excellent and we will return often.Special Features:
- Oddly we made a reservationPamelaVIPDined on 5/5/2013Oddly we made a reservation for 11:45 and the kitchen did not open until12. Nonetheless the brunch was good and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very delightful from foodNancyVIPDined on 4/4/2013Very delightful from food to atmosphere to service!Special Features:
- We had a great time and aOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/8/2013We had a great time and a wonderful service/food experience at Cafe Nuvo with a group of 14 girls for my sister's bachelorette party. The only issue was that they lost our reservatio n and we had to wait for about 45 minutes-however, they comp'd us drinks and tried to make up for it.Special Features:
- Very good choice in EspanolaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2013Very good choice in Espanola Way. Very good seafood and pastas.Special Features:
- Excellent seafood and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013First of all, the scallops appetizer is phenomenal. at first i just thought it was small, so as a joke i took tiny bites, but it was so good time slowed down around me. My meal was really good, I got the spicy shrimp pasta. I went on Valentine's day which turned out to be a rainy disaster for everyone, and the server there took really, really, really good care of my table. It also seems like a good girls' night out kind of place with a range of signature mojitos, that I did not get to try that night. I should go back.Special Features:
- Went for Valentine's Day withLaurenVIPDined on 2/14/2013Went for Valentine's Day with my boyfriend. I ordered a steak with truffle fries and arugula salad. It was good, not great though. He ordered shrimp with pasta in a creamy sauce, which I felt lacked enough flavor/salt, and wasn't a large enough portion for the price. My glass of wine took foreeeeverrr to come out, and I don't want to fault them for it having been a busy night, but the service was less than prompt. Also, we sat outside but against the wall, and when it rained it leaked through the awning onto our food, so we were at a loss there.Special Features:
- Cannot recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/5/2013Pleasant, but inattentive service. Careless food prep. First attempt of their signature sea bass dish, the bass was uncooked. Really. Second attempt produced an equally ineatible rubber tire. We really wanted to like this place. Sadly, cannot recommend for any reason.
- Awesome placeNapaloveswineVIPDined on 1/24/2013Our server was exceptional and so attentive. Our meal delicious and served at the right temperature. Th wine was fabulous but all the wines were very pricey.Special Features:
- definetly to avoid!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/6/2013We never had such treatment in a restaurant before! We booked a table through open table, but they didn't take into consideration our booking. We wait for the table for 40 minutes at their bar (where they asked us to wait) and after that they clearly shew us we were not welcome bringing us the check of the cocktails we had while we were waiting for the table. First you ask me to wait at your bar because you've made a mistake in booking and then you ask me to pay 31 dollars for the cocktails? Where do these people have learnt how to deal with customers???
- a happy foodieOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/4/2013I completely love this restaurant. First you'll fall in love with the decor, the service can be a bit of a turn of depending the person but the food is amazing. The location is perfect. Its comfortable for early lunch and bunch and romantic for dinner at night. Plus I swear I can live of the mussels espanola style. Omg so good!Special Features:
- Glass of wine arrived withHenryVIPDined on 12/23/2012Glass of wine arrived with lipstick on the glass. It was sent back. It returned, lipstick having been wiped off but same glass. Sent it firmly back with instructions to do it over. That happened.Special Features:
- Beware of the practice amongAlFrescoVIPDined on 11/22/2012Beware of the practice among South Beach restaurants to automatically add gratuity (18% at Cafe Nuvo).Special Features:
- Food was good. The decor isJamesVIPDined on 11/19/2012Food was good. The decor is Cuban, but the menu offers a variety of dishes. While there were no problems or disappointments, the experience wasn't notablein a positive way either.
- Great setting, okay food.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/3/2012The food was mediocre, but okay. I view it as tourist-centric preparation. Good priced wine list and attentive service. Great area alternative to Lincoln St. Would go back but probably for lunch.Special Features:
- Our experience at Cafe NuvoFrequentDinerVIPDined on 10/27/2012Our experience at Cafe Nuvo was excellent. Our server, Franco, was attentive to our needs and always there when we needed something. All of the employees were friendly and pleasant. The grouper and salmon were fresh and tasted great. It was prepared to our liking and the presentation well done.Special Features:
- Had a great meal. The servicevitoVIPDined on 10/23/2012Had a great meal. The service was great. We were able to dine outdoors so the noise level reflected the street noise. Wouls recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Atmosphere and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012We picked Cafe Nuvo for a bachelorette dinner, and it was perfect. There was a lot of energy around the restaurant, and we loved the food! No complaints what so ever. If I'm ever back in Miami, I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Very nice service! They areMagbaVIPDined on 7/7/2012Very nice service! They are friendly and outgoing.Takes a little while longer if you seat outside to get your order, but the service is still very good. We've been there twice because of our waitress!Special Features:
- I enjoyed it, not amazing,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/22/2012I enjoyed it, not amazing, not horrible... Definately not a waste of time... Good fun..Special Features:
- Arrived for 8:30 PM reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/5/2012Arrived for 8:30 PM reservation for party of 4 on 5/5/12 only to find out that the restaurant was not serving food that night, only drinks, due to Cinco di Mayo celebration. Even recieved a confirmation the day prior. Their only response was sorry.
- Food was good - service aslckingDined on 5/4/2012Food was good - service a bit slow - had to ask for for bread that didn't come until after our appetizer. Then had to ask 3 times for cappucino.Also a lot of cigarette smoke from other tables and the bar, even though we were outside.Special Features:
- Great food, the sandwichesAvShDined on 4/21/2012Great food, the sandwiches were excellent. Great service.
- Loved the locationa and ambience.ANNIEVIPDined on 4/20/2012Loved the locationa and ambience. Seond time there in one week. Great atmospshere,service and great shopping on the same side of the street.Special Features:
- Reservation for 9 - BacheloretteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2012Reservation for 9 - Bachelorette Party. Table was not ready, but we waited at the bar for 20 minutes and enjoyed $4 Mojitos and wrote our names on the wall. Seated outside in eclectic lounge chairs. Menu offered many options (had seafood risotto, was supposed to have octopus? but was not on the plate - delicious never the less). Food was fast, service was good. Espanola Way is beautiful at night, good atmostphere.Special Features:
- Would definitely return!FoodieVIPDined on 3/15/2012Went for dinner and chose to sit at one of the few tables inside, which still afforded a great view of the activity on Espanola. Love the assorted antique chairs! Husband and I split one of the chef's specials for two -- filet, caribbean lobster tail, seafood risotto, and tuna ceviche (appetizer) -- at the recommendation of our server. The food was very, very good, and the service was attentive. I had heard that they were known for their mojitos. I had a mango one, which was good, but I wouldn't say it was the best I've had. Finished with the creme brule for dessert, again, at the recommendation of our server. If you like creme brule, be sure to leave room for this one at the end of your meal! We would definitely return.Special Features:
- Sitting outside on EspanolaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/5/2012Sitting outside on Espanola Way was great. It's such a great little street and our table was great for people watching. The food was just okay, nothing to rave about. If anything it was overpriced for what we got. The 18% tip automatically added was annoying, but that's south beach for you.Special Features:
- Awesome location, scene andOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/11/2012Awesome location, scene and wonderful friendly service.Special Features:
- Great place in a convenientOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/6/2012Great place in a convenient food alley. Valet parking is about the only option. Food was good. Prices high.Special Features:
- JUST CORRECTOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/28/2012It'OK for a standard dinner. Nothing special. Just correct.Special Features:
- seemed a bit touristy akatravelbyfoodDined on 1/10/2012seemed a bit touristy aka pricey for the food that you get. i had a nice white fish dish, the fish seemed to be cooked well but it was also topped with a lot of sauce (to me, this along with all of the other stuff on the plate just shows that it's just not a top tear place as its' prices may suggest). everything in the dish worked well together but just not worth the price. But the patio was gorgeous-great ambiance, great decor on a quant street.Special Features:
- Food was awesome, great tasteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/7/2012Food was awesome, great taste and great presentation, skirt steak was delicious!!!. Only thing I didn't like much was the creme bulee, it was cold. The 18% mandatory tip not so much.Special Features:
- Very nice romantic restaurantMarWestyVIPDined on 12/23/2011We had lunch outdoor and were very pleased with our food and cocktails. The restaurant located on a quiet street with only few cars passing.The ambiance of this location is great as it feels you are dining somewhere in Spain or Italy.Special Features:
- Not worth the tripXteenDined on 8/11/2011I am sorry we went here. First off we wanted no smoking and even though they brought us inside, the doors were all open and the smoke wafted in. The food is nothing special at all. I can do better at home. We were sorry we had chosen this place... I am hoping others will read this and the other negative review on this site and note that it is not an anomaly.. they are just ok and nothing special
- tourist trapMichaelVIPDined on 8/5/2011I was very disappointed in this restaurant. The description did not at all match the experience. It is a tourist trap: a young lady stands in the alley and hawks the menu in front of potential customers, trying to lure people into what is essentially a noisy outside restaurant. THe menu is not that appetizing. Indeed the appetizers and salads are large (and pricey) so that a full menu would be very full. The waiter was very kind and understanding and cancelled my main selection once the ample appetizer arrived. I thought this was going to be a chic find; instead, I walked into a restaurant for undiscerning tourists. Not recommended.
- Loved the food!!! We've beenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2011Loved the food!!! We've been there on August 2nd 2011 for a dinner. Just me and my wife. We ordered some of those amazing fresh fruit mojitos, then we got tuna mango salad which was absolutely great for the start and afted that I got chef's special eye rib steak and my wife had a seabass with fried king shrimps. OMG... That was great. Service was exellent, everything was in time, staff was friendly. That girl, a server from Miami, was really friendly and professional she's known food well and advised us what to eat. I seemed a little pricey but then that worth it for sure. We will definately be back there again, THANK YOU!!!Special Features:
- I was visiting from out ofOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/31/2011I was visiting from out of town on business, so the size of my group was larger than I had planned for. The staff quickly adjusted tables and seating to accommodate. Our waiter was fabulous, attentive, and prepared separate checks without waiting to be asked. Our food was delicious, everyone enjoyed themselves. It was quite a warm evening, so perhaps ceiling fans would help keep the area a bit mor comfortable for outdoor dining. I would definitely recommend a visit.Special Features: