Nuvo - Seafood and Pastas
412 Espanola Way
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Nuvo - Seafood and Pastas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafenuvo.com/
- Phone: 305-534-5822x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 12:00am - 4:00pm,
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 5:00 pm-11:45 pm
Friday and Saturday: 5:00 pm to 12:45 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary European
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accomodate large parties and private events.
Do not hesitate to contact us for additional information.
- Private Party Contact: Nora Tharpe 3052979895x
- Special Events: Please call Nora at 305-297-9895
A word from Nuvo - Seafood and Pastas
Nuvo - Seafood and Pastas is a classic touch of the Mediterranean in the Historic Espanola Way Village in South Beach. Tucked among the lively shops and bars, it has an intimate setting with plush seating and excellent service. Offering lunch and dinner, guests can go on a gastronomic journey by exploring seafood and dishes with touches from France, Italy and Spain. It is the perfect place for a glass of wine on a romantic date or simply a conversation with friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nuvo - Seafood and Pastas reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (6)fit for foodies (5)romantic (5)good for groups (4)special occasion (4)neighborhood gem (4)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Satisfied but...Wine Price Too High21hotsauceDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I took our two kids, food was good, service was good. We sat outside during a downpour and stayed dry! I enjoyed the ceviche sampler but the wine list was a little pricey for me...no red bottles under $50...I think that is a little unreasonableSpecial Features:
- NuvoNiteoutDined on 8/29/2014Lovely spot on Esplanola. Surf and turf was delicious. Expensive but enough food for 2.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Loved the food - came for seafood. Excellent choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingKorinneDined on 8/9/2014My friend chose this restaurant for her b-day dinner that included 10 of us. They had the amount of people incorrect and then made it very apparent they weren't going to go out of their way to fix the situation. The "VIP host" was rude and ill-mannered. He almost knocked me down when he rudely brushed past me coming down the steps. The service was slow & we caught the server, host and "VIP host" giving us dirty looks and flailing their hands. Our party couldn't have been more patient and understanding. I will not be returning seeing as that there is a million restaurants in Miami and the majority of them MUST be better than Cafe Nūvo. Too bad because it's a fabulous location!
- Pretty good food, slow serviceErinSDined on 7/24/2014Good food & a large mojito menu and the wait staff is attentive but be prepared for your good to come out very slowly. A but overpriced- came to $250 for 3 of us for dinner. There were several other restaurants in proximity that looked a little better.Special Features:
- HotGkennedyDined on 7/19/2014The restaraunt was very hot with no air conditioning. We were sat outside at first and it was a little humid. I then asked to be moved inside where they accommodated the request. But overall the place was just ok. Not worth the money the charge. And fish came out dry. Would not return.
- It's an Espanola Way MustCityZDined on 7/19/2014Delicious food, fantastic drinks, and a wonderful outdoor scene - great for people watching, large groups, or a small intimate dinner with a European feel.Special Features:
- Great Seafood and Pasta!eMaxVIPDined on 7/18/2014We went here expecting a large seafood selection, with pasta options. Of course we didnt look at the menu, and coming from the Northeast, we are used to a seafood place having about 20+ fresh catch of the day options. Expectations aside, this place actually turned out good. Tiger shrimp and pasta with the creme sauce was very good. The antipasto appetizer was also very good. If you are looking for a shrimp,mussels, and scallops paired with pasta, this is your place. I believe they also have a bronzino, but we did not order it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day at Cafe NuvoDekwan007Dined on 6/15/2014I choose Cafe Nuvo for my Father's Day outing with my wife. Started with Ceviche sampler which featured 4 different arrangements (Mixed, Ahi Tuna, Shrimp and other I can't remember) with plantain chips. This was a great suggestion by our waitress and really enjoyed it. For refreshment I had the Sangria Mojito which was really good and my wife had a glass of Germany Reisling. Our entrees came out hot and fresh without a long delay. My grilled mahi-mahi was prepared nicely with a avacado-corn-tomatoe garnish and quinoa. My wife's fried whole snapper lacked flavour and seasoning so we asked to substitute it for the mahi-mahi; which they gladly accommodated. They prepared a new fresh entree with the mahi-mahi, plantains and rice. A+Special Features:
- they were a little off this timemiachuckVIPDined on 6/10/2014i have been there a half dozen times with exceptional food and service. this visit it seems the portion size was much smaller and lacking the high quality flavor that normally has been. The service was also not as attentive as normal. I would still recommend based on my previous visits - but if this would of been my first time then i would not be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ¡Muy Bueno!BKDivaVIPDined on 5/31/2014Our party of eight were quick accommodated after the hosted confused the reservation with another party of eight. We were able to negotiate two pitchers of sangria to compensate for the hassle. Snafu now settled, we were ready to order. Nuvo's Mediterranean Seafood Linguini and Pan Roasted Norwegian Salmon were awesome! Presentation competed with the amazing seasonings of each dish. We were seated outdoors which allowed you to people watch as folks strolled Espanola Way however our conversation over the food trumped the distractions on the street. This is a quality venue to definitely try while in South Beach and ¡Buen apetito!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 64 reviews are from the Nuvo - Seafood and Pastas reviews archive.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/12/2014We had the best cold seafood appetizer! Crab legs, shrimp, oysters. Everything was fresh and yummy!Special Features:
- Cinco de Mayo Party from Germanyoxox111Dined on 5/5/2014Cinco de Mayo in Miami....what else can I say??!!! The night started by walking up to a block party with music, energy and life. The food was tastfully developed with spices of the Mediterranean infused perfectly. The plush furniture made it cozy and romantic yet still appropriate for a company dinner. The service was very nice and helpful and willing to accomodate us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool spot on Espanola WaySaksVIPDined on 4/25/2014Not the best food in Miami but definitely an enjoyable meal if you're looking to take in the Espanola Way street scene. Sitting outside was awesome as you could witness all the people passing by, take in the warm weather and the colorful lights and architecture of the buildings around that area.Special Features:
- Awesome!GregDined on 4/11/2014Oh my gosh! The Lobster and seafood risotto was fantastic! I'm still thinking about it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Not GreatEjoyce1961Dined on 3/19/2014The fish was pretty good but way over priced and the host was down right rude. There are so many choices in South Beach I wouldn't bother with this ok place.
- Restaurant RowsamiVIPDined on 2/18/2014Restaurant located on 'restaurant row' with mostly Italian themed food. Seated outdoors (on sidewalk) with many folks walking by trying to decide which restaurant to choose. Ambience was fine and service good. Food was only fair and cost medium to high. Salmon was overcooked and dry and Tuna came with a non-traditional sweet sauce. I will not choose it again.Special Features:
- The place was outstanding.KajBallDined on 2/7/2014The place was outstanding. Great location. Great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food-innovativeljcwfDined on 1/26/2014This is a great place to go if you are on Miami Beach- a unique restaurant with great and innovative dishes including quinoa and local fresh fish. The music was a bit even when we were sitting outside so we asked them to turn it down, the waiter staff were very accomodating. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- just a thoughtluisVIPDined on 1/25/2014typical of some ( south beach restaurants) you order a glass of wine and they bring you 2 oz for 12 bucks!! and to be honest not a very good wine selection and the food was warm at best when served. alex our waiter was a nice guy but couldn't do anything about the wine shortage. what a shame great ambience and great potential but I guess owner needs extra cash...Special Features:
- Neighborhood spotDinerVIPDined on 1/22/2014Had a great lunch. Try the lobster bisque with chorizo. Great presentation and flavorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not recommendedRaymondDined on 1/17/2014Crowded, bland food, noisy, cold. Had a reservation, requested a nice seat, and put in a noisy corner by the bar door where everyone stood around, despite there being many nicer empty spots that were unfilled all night. I did request the other tables and was told that we would be relocated shortly then was completely ignored all night. Will not return and do not recommend.
- Nearest the best of Miami BeachDLebedencoDined on 1/2/2014Awesome restaurant, in a wonderful street. I think that the entres should be bigger, you have ask a appetizer before dinner.Special Features:
- merry Christmas??brunoDined on 12/24/2013The restaurant was close!!! Big surprise for my Christmas night. Tks open table, tks nuvo.
- Food was mediocre at best.PaulVIPDined on 12/23/2013Food was mediocre at best. I have the Mediterranean Seafood with linguini thinking it would be impossible for them to screw up. I was wrong.
- Great family get togethergroupof4Dined on 12/21/2013Had a great dinner for 11 of us meeting from around the worldSpecial Features:
- ehOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/21/2013We got a red snapper. They fried it until itcompletely dried out. No flavor at all. The water had a bad taste. Very metalic.
- Great food, great service,JFVMTLDined on 12/20/2013Great food, great service, great atmosphere! The dishes were excellent. The server was sympatic and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Great ambiance!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/14/2013Fresh seafood and great service! Thanks Andre for making it an easy decision to come back with our friends'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/2/2013Steak wasn't cook to correct doneness. Exchanged for 3 times. It is a $100 surf and turf steak. Steak should be taken off from the menu to avoid food waste.Special Features:
- NUVO NICEBOBBIZDined on 11/10/2013Excellent ambiance, service and food quality. Corvina was delicious, as was the spinach ravioli. Would recommend highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bewareWellTraveledDined on 10/21/2013love the ambiance of Espanola Way . Nuvo seemed to be ok . The Goat cheese salad was awesome . and so was the tuna cevechi . The Grouper however was overcooked and dry . The worst part of the dinner was our waiter Alex . Had a horrible fake italian accent , and called all the women princess ( kind of offensive ) . He also tried padding the bill , so beware and check your bill ! They automatically add gratuity at most Miami Beach restaurants so don't double tip .
- Cafe NuvovandyvwVIPDined on 9/19/2013We had a terrific dinner last week. The location was great, a nice change from the traffic and commotion on Ocean Drive. Our waiter knew his menu well and overall added to the evening. We ordered Mahi and a grilled fish platter special, both of which were excellent. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a break from hotel dining or Ocean Drive in South Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Ambiance and People Watchingyzw200Dined on 8/5/2013We sat outside at Cafe Nuvo and had great people watching views. Wine list was solid and service was friendly. Food was average.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2013Nestled among the many restaurants hawking their menus on Espanola St. is this gem which does not need to use such measures as the food, service and ambience are the excellent and reasonably priced. Salads were well executed and on the mark. Pasta entries delivered and were as good if not better than advertised. Waiter was attentive but not overbearing and genuinely interested in making the experience a good one without trying to recommend the most expensive items as their neighbors do. Would highly recommend eating here if in the area.Special Features:
- NuvoliciousMissSoBeDined on 7/28/2013Fabulous ambiance..española way creates that beautiful mediterranean feel. Food delicious..waiter was fantastic.. Great personality...there was a bit of a wait for my sangria and a couple of other items but overall great place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereKateVIPDined on 6/19/2013The waiter was very helpful when choosing a wine. The food was excellent and we will return often.Special Features:
- Oddly we made a reservationPamelaVIPDined on 5/5/2013Oddly we made a reservation for 11:45 and the kitchen did not open until12. Nonetheless the brunch was good and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very delightful from foodNancyVIPDined on 4/4/2013Very delightful from food to atmosphere to service!Special Features:
- We had a great time and aOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/8/2013We had a great time and a wonderful service/food experience at Cafe Nuvo with a group of 14 girls for my sister's bachelorette party. The only issue was that they lost our reservatio n and we had to wait for about 45 minutes-however, they comp'd us drinks and tried to make up for it.Special Features: