297 South Main St. Rte.5
East Windsor, CT 06088Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nutmegrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8606277094
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch/Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, International
- Executive Chef: George Panagiotakopoulos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have many rooms which will hold from 10 to 130 for private events...All our rooms are private and hold a very special statement. We can customize packages for you as far as food and beverage. The large banquet room is great for weddings. This room overlooks the patio with a gazebo.
- Private Party Contact: Rosemarie 8886948493
A word from Nutmeg Restaurant
Nutmeg is dining at its best, in a perfect setting. We feature continental foods such as Rack of Lamb, Veal Oscar, Steaks, Chops, Seafood and many other wonderful dishes. Please come in and visit us.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nutmeg Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Food was excellent, as wasBillVIPDined on 4/2/2013Food was excellent, as was service. Would go back again.Special Features:
- Best meal I have had in aBritDined on 3/13/2013Best meal I have had in a long time - and for a really reasonable price! Dining room is bright and welcoming - as is the owner. Food was outstanding! Great variety on the menu. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Their Valentine's menu wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Their Valentine's menu was excellent. Food was delicious. Service was a bit slow. Several parties sat after us were being served their drinks and good before we did. Our server was very sweet and attentive but again, it felt as though other tables were served before us. At one point it appeared as though she forgot my wine. Once she realized it she brought it back immediately. I was not offered a second glass after I finished it. Our server seemed to connect with everyone at her table. She was pleasant and friendly. This restaurant seems to be for the more nature crowd.
- This has to be one of theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2012This has to be one of the best kept secrets in Hartford unless you are planning a special occasion as the restaurant is never fully full but it absolutely should be. The service is attentive and knowledgable and the food is flavorful and delicious. Steaks are cooked perfectly and the chicken parm was tremendous and one of the best ever eaten. Wine list is good with lots of options. We were so full this time didn't even have room for dessert. If you are staying near the airport in windsor or anywhere in Hartford you truly want to check out this wonderful restaurant. They will treat you right and feed you well.Special Features:
- We had to be in this areaOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/14/2012We had to be in this area on my son's birthday and were looking for a special occasion place. The old house was lovely, but the service was rather strange. There were very few people in the restaurant, yet the wait person kept asking us if we were ready to order as if they needed to clear the table. Salad dressing I said I didn't want came in a cup overflowing onto half the salad. Waitperson acknowledged this and shrugged as she put the plate in front of me. Lobster ravioli was good as reported by two diners. Shrimp scampi had too much garlic and oil. I'm glad I asked for my scrod to be cooked without the butter and wine offered on the menu. It was dry, but edible. Told what desserts were, we were never given opportunity to order.
- The Mother's Day Brunch wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/13/2012The Mother's Day Brunch was outstanding and our party of 3 felt there was something for everyone and there wasn't a thing I could think of to make it better.Special Features:
- Celebrated our parents 64thOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/1/2012Celebrated our parents 64th wedding anniversary. Tuesday evening was quite. Food was fresh, hot, large selection and the service was outstanding. Good values on the prix fixe menu.Special Features:
- The Easter brunch was fine,ShaunHDined on 4/8/2012The Easter brunch was fine, the food and service great but a little pricey.Special Features:
- I had soup and salad whichOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2012I had soup and salad which was excellent! My dining partner was not so pleased with her meal though. But the service was great and the atmosphere was very nice. I'd go there again.Special Features:
- Service and hospitality wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2012Service and hospitality were fine but food left something to be desired. Delightful appetizers but for the cost of the entree, I expected much more.
- First time there. For NewOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/31/2011First time there. For New Year's Eve was surprisingly well organized. Food was outstanding although the kitchen was slow. Wait staff was spread a little thin and were a bit slow at times. But the restaurant was packed for New Year's Eve and the food and atmosphere more than made up for it. Pricing was extremely reasonable considering the size portions.We both got a second meal out of the leftovers. Worth the drive from Glastonbury.Special Features:
- Hartford, CT's BEST restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/1/2011Fabulous with a capital F! One of the best restaurants I've found in the Hartford area. My son goes to Trinity and we were looking for a nice dinner close to our hotel and found Nutmeg. 4 course Pre Fixe dinner during the week $20 incredibly delicious. I started with a shrimp cocktail, dinner salad with excellent balsamic dressing, a Delmonico ribeye which came with veggies and potato and the most decadent chocolate cake for dessert. My sister had the brushetta, a caesar salad, pasta a la Vodka and the same chocolate cake. The Nutmeg Cab from CA was outstanding. Service prompt and personable. I can't wait to return. Perfectly amazing restaurant, one not to be missed.Special Features:
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/22/2011All in all, we had a disappointing dinner at the Nutmeg. The decor etc. leads one to believe you are walking into a first class restaurant. In actuality, the food wasn't bad but nothing exceptional. Prices were low to moderate. Wine list was not very good. What was very offensive, was the loudness of the wait staff... you could hear their conversation with every table sometimes drowning out our own conversation. Probably won't go back.
- The food was bland and reheated.AndPardomaxDined on 5/7/2011The food was bland and reheated.And we have to wait a long time to be served.There was a wedding in the same place and although they said every dish is prepared especially, we got the impression the kitchen was too busy and that we were served leftovers from the party because the food looked like "event food". We are looking always to try new places, but this time:no returning to this place nor reccommended to friends and family