92 Shrewsbury Street
Worcester, MA 01604Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nuovoworcester.com/
- Phone: 5087965915x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday 4:00PM until Close
Saturday - Noon until close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Aleksander Gjonca
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Nuovo offers a large catering menu. The menu is listed on line at www.nuovoworcester.com. We can customize based on your preference. All catering inquiries must be directed to Loreta Gjonca for further assistant.
- Entertainment: Nuovo offers a full bar with a 46 seat lounge area and a grand baby piano playing live music every weekend.. There are two TV's for viewing as well as a patio area for outdoor dining. The second floor offers 2 private rooms, equipped with TV monitors and Wi-Fi, one private beautiful bar and a dancing floor. There is music playing for diners but private functions may bring a DJ, band or other live entertainment for their personal usage.
- Special Events: Nuovo will be hosting several special events throughout the year.
- Public Transit: Walking distance from Union Station as well as bus stop directly in front of building.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There is complimentary valet on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights starting at 5 pm until 1 am. There is also a private parking lot in the back which fits about 20 cars.
A word from Nuovo Restaurant
Nuovo Restaurant is located on 92 Shrewsbury St, with ample parking in the rear of the building (Hill St), and complimentary Valet Parking service. Voted Best New Restaurant in Worcester. Serves Italian cuisine with Mediterranean flare, extensive wine list. It is a warm, friendly, food-focused environment. Perfect place to have dinner with family, a group of friends, or a date night. The 2 private dinning rooms with dancing floor and WIFI available are ideal for a seat down dinner up to 90 guests, or a cocktail party up to 150, and everything in between.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Nuovo Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Worcester ›
Nuovo Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (33)romantic (30)fit for foodies (28)neighborhood gem (22)good for groups (15)notable wine list (9)late-night find (6)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Fine Dining with a Great AtmosphereFoodieDined on 9/13/2014Had dinner with my sisters on a 9/13/14 to celebrate my birthday. The hostess, owner greeted us & was very friendly, we sat for dinner at reserved time. The atmosphere was classy & welcoming. Our table was in the front room by the window, next to a piano.. being played by Bobby. He played classics like Elton John, The Beetles.. the crowd chimed in during chorus. The server was profession, knowledgeable with the menu & wine list had wonderful recommendations. I had the bass special, was delicious, and all pleased with our choices. For the Birthday celebration the hostess sent over complimentary champagne, Bobby & the crowd sang Happy Birthday. Later the chef,owner came out to introduce himself, very pleasant. 5 Star ExperienceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014We stumbled upon this gem accidentally. We went with another couple and had a very enjoyable dining experience. The food was outstanding all around. The atmosphere is great... including a pianist in the background. The owners, a husband and wife team (hostess and chef) seemed eager to make our experience enjoyable and memorable. The chef also came out to greet us and is clearly passionate about making great food. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationSterlingdinersDined on 9/11/2014My husband and I recently visited Nuovo to celebrate our birthdays. Boy what a treat. Absolutely the best meal we have ever had in Worcester by far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and servicehlg521Dined on 9/5/2014We had a great experience at Nuovo overall. Our waiter Antonio wad excellent very attentive, friendly and professional. The decor was nice the only complaint about ambiance was occasional street noise. The food was excellent and reasonably priced. I had the Beef Filet with risotto which wad perfectly cooked and delicious. Others in my group loved their entrees as well. Excellent cappucino to finish the meal and I also enjoyed a Bomba which was a nice fruit sorbet inside a white chocolate shell. One nice touch was that the chef came out and briefly chatted with guests to check on their meals.Special Features:
- goodfor1stdateDined on 8/30/2014The food and piano singer were excellent. Very friendly waitress and very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nuovo DeliversOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/29/2014Outstanding Italian restaurant! Service was knowledgeable, quick...sometimes a bit too visible, but I'd rather haver some 'hovering' than being abandoned. Salads were fabulous. Did not have any appetizers. Entrees were PERFECT. Good portions. Meats and fish cooked to ideal temperature. Pasta accompaniments were more than just 'sides'...each could have been a meal on its own. Vegetables were fresh and cooked perfectly. One dessert was ordered: tiramasu. Everyone thought it was some of the best they have ever enjoyed. The Chef came out to check on the preparation of a veal dish, as it was ordered with some concern over the proper preparation (expressed to the wait staff during ordering). Nice touch! Shows genuine concern for the customer.Special Features:
- great ...kcharbyDined on 8/25/2014everything was four star ... except the carbonara had so many vegetables we thought it was a primavera !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a SurpriseBobbyDined on 8/25/2014My wife and I wanted a cozy spot for dinner and we got all that we had hoped for plus great food besides. It is a small 'Italian' restaurant with a taste of Albania. The chef specials were delicious with wonderful sauces. The staff, chef and maitre d' were all very pleasant! We can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good prices.NboroGirlDined on 8/23/2014Five of us dined here last Saturday. We've only been here once before. The food was good, but my Filet Napoleon was supposed to come with mushroom risotto and it came with raviloi instead. I said something to the waiter and he apologized. About 10 min. later came back with the risotto. Someday I'll save room and try the desserts. The prices, I thought, were reasonable for the amount and quality of the food. Their phone lines were down that night so there was an issue paying by credit card, but they took down my number, and I checked my transacations a couple of dsys later and the correct amount, including the tip I indicated, was charged to my card.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceSteveVIPDined on 8/16/2014The title says it all: excellent food and service. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special attention from chef greataka1Dined on 8/11/2014go to thisoutstanding restaurant! truly dedicated to making this a positive experience all aroundSpecial Features:
- Great food and staff!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/6/2014Food was great...staff was wonderful...no complaints!Special Features:
- Looking for a nice restaurant.derekmurph101Dined on 8/4/2014I have to say the food is a bit pricey but my girlfriend and I had nothing but great food ! She ordered the Chicken Cordon Bleu and I had the Chicken Parm and the chicken was very thin and breaded perfectly. Great for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningampmDined on 7/25/2014From the welcome at the hostess station to seating and waitress and through the whole meal this was a very pleasant experience. Our waitress, Alexa, was more than capable and attentive but not intrusive. Very familiar with the menu and everything came as ordered. Only negative was one of the "specials", a beef dish was not the best cut of meat. A little disappointing considering the other 3meals were excellent. The chef even came and checked in with us, a very nice touch. I would not hesitate to recommend Nuovo for a great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new go-to restaurant!CurlynuxDined on 7/25/2014Service was great. Antonio was personable, professional, service oriented, and a pleasure to deal with. The food was prepared perfectly, looked great, tasted even better. The calamari and marinara sauce were the best we've had in the area. Hands down, Nuovo beats the competition near and far. We will be back again and I can only highly recommend Nuovo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time. Great place.Mpoc17Dined on 7/25/2014This place is a must. Great food. Excellent service. Very nice piano bar. We met the owner/chef. Entrees were over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FindHippieDined on 7/11/2014Bobby Gadoury provided wonderful and talented music playing on a Grand Piano for the entire evening. ALL the staff/owners were pleasant and professionals who provided a remarkable service which greatly contributed to the dining experience. I definitely plan on returning (repeatedly) to this neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodMartinisearchDined on 7/2/2014Had the Veal Parmesan, and it has to be the best tasting dish I've had lately. Prices are decent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice findMamaTDined on 6/24/2014We were meeting friends at a central location - Worcester - and read some very good reviews for Nuovo. Our experience there was wonderful. The service was excellent , and the atmosphere was quiet and welcoming. We all tried different entrees and found them to be top notch. Valet parking is helpful, but there is also a lot behind the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/17/2014It was a busy affair due to a street tasting festival. The restaurant was hot, and not great for dining experience. The service was not great, and the food was okay, not over the top. Nuovo was rated as one of the best restaurants on Shrewsbury, but didn't meet our expectations.
- Dinner before a showDaveDined on 6/7/2014Food was excellent and the waitstaff was friendly and efficient. dropped by just enough and kept us on time yet relaxed. I will return.Special Features:
- Very nice eveningTheaterCrowdDined on 6/6/2014This was our first visit. The staff (bartender, host, wait person) were extremely pleasant and attentive. The food was wonderful and the portion size and price were perfect. One of our party was gluten free and Nuovo went out of their way to accommodate her dietary restrictions. We had tickets to the Hanover that night, and the wait staff was attentive to our time restraint and offered the specials that Nuovo had for theater patrons, a free appetizer and 10% off, without our having to ask.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Anniversary Dinnergoodfood1Dined on 6/5/2014Went here for the wonderfully cooked Italian food. The service was amazing, our waiter knew all the specials what were in them and the difference between the fish and he had good wine suggestions based on what we wanted to go. he recommended a wonderful appetizer that was as good as he said it was. I will be going back here again and not only on special occasionsSpecial Features:
- The following 276 reviews are from the Nuovo Restaurant reviews archive.
- Ok setupFoodFlavorsDined on 5/23/2014My fiance and I were celebrating our anniversary there. It was our first time. My fiance was not that impressed with the service or food. His food was pretty bad. It wasn't what he or I were expecting. My food was really good and the portions were just right and their Margaritas are delicious. The only thing was that it seemed a bit crowded and noisy. We were aiming for a more romantic and quite scene but it didn't happen. It wasn't an unpleasant first visit but it might be a while before I get my fiance to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014Thanks for a lovely evening.Food is very good .Excellent wait staff,mature, natural, which is important .Nancy our principal waitress, was very nice and made our evening(even lent me a pair of glasses to help me read the menu!) even more enjoyable-my wife's birthday. Hope to be back again soon. Thank you, DavidSpecial Features:
- DisappointedJRFCDined on 5/22/2014Classic Italian food - not bad, chicken parm and chicken Marsala fine... Dinner special - thinly cut steak - shrimp scampi lacked taste. However it was the service that disappointed the most. They need learn how to open a bottle of win and serve.Special Features:
- Graduation dinnerFussyEaterDined on 5/17/2014Graduation dinner for WPI graduate daughter. Great selection. Devoted waitstaff. Energetic environment. Delicious food and many smalll servings to share.Special Features:
- Graduation 2014foodieDined on 5/17/2014We could not have picked a better place for my daughters graduation celebration. The service was awesome...making us feel like V I Ps. The food was made to order so everyone had what they wanted the way they wanted it. The wine list is extensive too. From appetizers to desert the food was delicious. Perfect place to end our perfect day!Special Features:
- great food, small dining areaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Took my mother here for mothers day. Food was good, live music was nice not to loud, server was polite and attentive, valet parking is nice, only drawback was it felt like the tables are right on top of each other.Special Features:
- GREAT food but service a bit slowJasonSDined on 5/11/2014Food was amazing. Super flavorful, juts right size portions, enough but not too much. Service was slow. long gaps between courses while restaurant seemed empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love2eatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/6/2014Dinner was fabulous, the food was top notch and the service was very attentive without being in your face. We will definitely return here, great food at a reasonable price!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Than Viaburner416Dined on 5/2/2014If you are thinking about going out to eat at an Italian restaurant in Worcester, skip Via and go to Nuovo. The food and service is better. My wife and I ate at Nuovo before a show at The Hanover Theatre. Nuovo offered a complimentary starter for guests that were on their way to a show at The Hanover. We both really enjoyed our meal and would recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/16/2014Our dinner at Nuovo as for a birthday and the food was outstanding with a wait staff that was attentive and pleasant. Everyone in our party had different entrees and each one raved about their meal. Our waiter was truly attentive and even was considerate enough to bring us some dinner rolls to tide us over while we waited for the rest of our party to arrive. The Chef visited our table as well as the other diners at the time and explained his preparation technique for some of our entrees. We had previously visited with friends and had been impressed ... but this visit has placed Nuovo on our favorites list and we will be frequent visitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy SurpriseBobnPhillyDined on 4/16/2014From Philly we found a gem in Worchester. Coortable,generous table tops well spaced so you can have your bread and salad dishes with your wine and water glasses at the same time! But the real star is the food. Outstanding dishes with creative interpretations. The cocktails are generous and reasonably priced. Pastas are fresh with a perfect balance of sauce/gravy. The fish was done to a turn, moist yet firm the scampi ell seasoned not overwhelmingly garlic. Our only disappointment was that we didn't have room for desert. The service was warm and efficient. The chef/owner was a delight and the care he takes is reflected in his meeting guests and asking for their feedback after their dinner. You don't see that too often any more.Special Features:
- Nice SurpriseKarenDined on 4/12/2014We dined there on Saturday night and had a wonderful time. The staff and owners went out of their way to make us feel welcome. We are new to the area as our daughter will be attending school there in the fall and we want to find places to go when we visit. The cocktails and food were delicious. We look forward to going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food ..nice serviceOreofamDined on 4/12/2014Really really delicious .. Our first time and I would go back any day.. Server was also pleasant.. The only area to Improve is the time taken to prepare the food .. Waited quite a long time for food to be ready while the whole place was practically empty..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to Shrewsbury streetmja13Dined on 4/8/2014My out of town business guests routinely eat at great restaurants in NYC and they were very happy with their meals (delicious!), the location and the entire experience. It is wonderful for both business and personal meal experiences. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful find!!HappySoxFanDined on 4/8/2014Wanted to treat my friend to a special birthday celebration and I hit the jackpot! The food was fresh and delicious (and beautiful)! The waitress was warm and personable and had wonderful insights in to the menu. I had chosen Nuovo because of the menu and photos I saw online. It did not disappoint. I will definitely be returning when in the Worcester area again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find !!PattyDined on 3/28/2014Happy we picked Nuovo when deciding were to go in Worcester... excellent food and Live Music was a plus. Will be back.Special Features:
- Nice eveningWidowDined on 3/28/2014I enjoyed this very much. Service was very attentive and the food was really excellent. Presentation and flavors were exceptional and different from other restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.