92 Shrewsbury Street
Worcester, MA 01604Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nuovoworcester.com/
- Phone: (508) 796-5915
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday 4:00PM until Close
Saturday - Noon until close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Aleksander Gjonca
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Nuovo offers a large catering menu. The menu is listed on line at www.nuovoworcester.com. We can customize based on your preference. All catering inquiries must be directed to Loreta Gjonca for further assistant.
- Entertainment: Nuovo offers a full bar with a 46 seat lounge area and a grand baby piano playing live music every weekend.. There are two TV's for viewing as well as a patio area for outdoor dining. The second floor offers 2 private rooms, equipped with TV monitors and Wi-Fi, one private beautiful bar and a dancing floor. There is music playing for diners but private functions may bring a DJ, band or other live entertainment for their personal usage.
- Special Events: Nuovo will be hosting several special events throughout the year.
- Public Transit: Walking distance from Union Station as well as bus stop directly in front of building.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There is complimentary valet on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights starting at 5 pm until 1 am. There is also a private parking lot in the back which fits about 20 cars.
A word from Nuovo Restaurant
Nuovo Restaurant is located on 92 Shrewsbury St, with ample parking in the rear of the building (Hill St), and complimentary Valet Parking service. Voted Best New Restaurant in Worcester. Serves Italian cuisine with Mediterranean flare, extensive wine list. It is a warm, friendly, food-focused environment. Perfect place to have dinner with family, a group of friends, or a date night. The 2 private dinning rooms with dancing floor and WIFI available are ideal for a seat down dinner up to 90 guests, or a cocktail party up to 150, and everything in between.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Nuovo Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Worcester ›
Nuovo Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)fit for foodies (44)romantic (39)neighborhood gem (28)good for groups (24)notable wine list (16)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Just another restaurant, Not badIBChowinVIPDined on 2/28/2014We dined during restaurant week. A good chance to try new restaurants at discount prices. Started with $5 martinis. They were OK but small and served in an awkward glass. Good appetizers, we both had tuna. The tuna was a litle overdone and not the best quality of fish. Dessert was OK, not made inhouse. They crowd a lot of tables together. Piano player in the lounge but you can't hear him in the dining area with all the noise. One of the good things was our server. Anna S. She was very good and was helpful and cheerful. Drinks, apps, dinner, dessert and wine was only $85.00. If you can't get into VIA or 111 Chophouse, you could go here but it's not as good. It's not bad but it's not great either.
- Warm and invitingMamuDined on 2/21/2014We had a nice time. Loved the atmosphere. Staff was friendly and efficient. Good was tasty, nicely presented. It was too loud to carry on a conversation with anyone except those directly beside you and you had to yell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unexpected findswaj4Dined on 2/15/2014We went to Nuovo for Valentine's and we had heard the piano player before. The restaurant was charming and we sat in the lounge to hear the piano better. The was prompt cheerful. Warm bread with a delicious olive oil dip was provided. I had the veal chop special and my companion bad the shrimp scampi. We were both throughly delighted by our meals. We will return to Nuovo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceDinnerfor2Dined on 2/15/2014First time going to nuovo and didn't know what to expect. Had a 6:30 reservation on a busy Saturday night and we had to wait for 15 minutes at the bar for our table to open up. There was live piano playing (rather enjoyed it). Our waiter was very knowledgeable and very helpful. Nice extensive wine list. I highly recommend the antipasto mista salad (a meal in itself and only $7). Our main course meals were excellent also. 4 drinks each, two appetizers, and two meals was $87, not bad for a nice dinner :-).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theater dinnerPattyPVIPDined on 2/15/2014Nuovo has good food, charming service and an interesting wine list. The fried calamari appetizer was good, but a bit greasy. The veal chop special tasty, and the lamb chops were also good, but under seasoned. Desserts are large enough to share, and our meals came with a tasty salad with house vinaigrette. The space is tight in the dining room. Servers had to dodge one another, but usually did so gracefully. A solid B plus all around.Special Features:
- great foodfoodloverDined on 2/14/2014We really enjoyed the awesome food! i had the 16 ounce steak and my wife had salmon and lobster and both dishes were Devine! Plus the chocolate torte for dessert wad delectable :) over all the did was amazing but since we went on Valentines day the radiant was busy and packed, thus the service being slow. We went on other days and service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Italian w/o a twistrkamVIPDined on 2/14/2014In a neighborhood of a lot of great restaurants, this one was good, the food was good and the ambiance was good.Special Features:
- My wife and i visited NuovoDougDined on 2/14/2014My wife and i visited Nuovo on Valentines Day this past Friday night. We had an excellent dinner and the service was very good as well. The table we sat at was very small and very close to the table next to us. ( Maybe two feet away. ) I even commented to the couple sitting next to us to slide their table over and we will dine together !! The hostess told us we would be sitting at table four which that night was against the wall. When we were brought to table three, we did not complain. We also had the scallop app that night which was very good but very small. ( Three scallops ). Our overall experience was pleasant that evening. The only things we took notice of were the scallops and our table. Just an observation !!Special Features:
- Surprisingly good!NboroGirlDined on 2/8/2014This was our first time visiting Nuovo and we were pleasantly surprised at how good it was. There were several interesting dishes we wanted to try, so we will definitely come back. I had the filet Napolean, which was very good, but it was the mushroom risotto that was most memorable. Delicous! Our service was good - nicely paced between courses. My husband love his chicken scaloppine. The portions were perfect, too - not overly huge, like some places give you... just right. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Restaurant- Will return!SongmanDined on 2/7/2014This restaurant is very nice. Quiet if you sit away from bar. Parking situation is hairy and Don't park in the lot right after the restaurant the other restaurant near Nuovo will chase you out if they see you head toward Nuovo. My wife talked me into going as I dislike Worcester restaurants due to the parking issues that exist with so many of these restaurants. They do have Valet parking but also I will never forget that my in laws car was stolen by what appeared to be valet parking at the a local hotel. So yes I am skeptical. It was worth the trip only because we found a spot in the tiny lot behind the restaurant. The food is well prepared ,seasoned properly, and service was excellent. Very professional not overbearing. Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nuovo before Jersey BoysPhilDined on 2/2/2014When we arrived the hostess did not have our Open Table reservation on her monitor, but they did find a table for us next to the bar. The food and service was very good. However, it was very noisy in that part of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Italian Food!MeltMe2Dined on 2/2/2014The entire experience was outstanding. From the attentive and pleasant wait staff to the delicious dinner. We are an Italian family that is used to home made Italian food. So, our expectations are high! The veal parmesean, the haddock, the lasagna, all were outstanding. The red sauce (or gravy as we call it) was delicious and tasted home made. The pasta was freshly made and it was well worth the wait. The atmosphere was cozy and we all felt like we were in a home dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedcajunhilDined on 2/2/2014I took my mother here for her 81st birthday prior to seeing a show. I told the waiter our time frame (1 hour 45 minutes) for an app and meal and he assured us this would not be a problem. An hour later our appetizers had not arrived, When I suggested we forego the appetizers he brought them to the table within minutes. However, the hostess followed telling us our entrees were ready and she would wrap our untouched appetizers. We ordered seafood stuffed lobster tails and veal chop. The lobster was overcooked and did not easily come out of the shell, the stuffing was dry without a hint of seafood. Spent good money for a meal that was neither good or relaxing. Boxed appetizers that stay in your car for a few hours are not appealing.
- Good for a show...Dine2knowDined on 2/2/2014This was a good place for dinner prior to a movie or a show at the theater. They were on time and the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/1/2014We had 6:30 reservations for two and were looking forward to tryng Nuovo and grilled shrimp with asparagus risotto on the menu posted om the website for about $18. Alas menu not updated on website. We waited almost an hour for my "special" entree of sea bass( $30+). Will not be returning.
- Patience??webby5858Dined on 1/26/2014The food was excellent, however it took forever to get it. We ended up being late to the Jersey Boys performance as a result.Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedKimBobDined on 1/26/2014I booked this restaurant from the reviews and was pleasantly surprised to pull up and have complimentary valet service. Then to walk in and see the modern,charming elegant decor. We were seated on the bar side and at first seemed a little noisy but not bad. The menu was phenomenal. So many interesting entrees we decided we would need to go back to try more. The food was just as tasty as the menu!!! We were on our way to a show and the next surprise was they took 10% off our bill. I will definitely find another reason to get to Worcester to eat at Nuovo's again. Very happy with our experience and topped off with a great show. Jersey Boys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!DebbieDined on 1/26/2014We booked reservations for six before the Jersey Boys show. Selected restaurant based on on-line reviews and we were all very happy with our selection. It was a perfect night and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad taste in our mouthsPhantom2Dined on 1/24/2014Believed reviews, maybe an off day for cook but food barely resembled decent Italian. Didn't get dish I ordered. Was served pasta $ meatballs which I accepted, sorry I did as meatballs were hard & rubbery. Better off at Bertucci's.Special Features:
- first visit to NuovochefozDined on 1/17/2014Menu has many options. Also impressed with small serving options. The veal parm was particularly good. Wait staff was very prompt and attentive. Room temp was a bit chilly. We will go back for a second visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit too noisy a place, butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/11/2014A bit too noisy a place, but the food and service were great.Special Features:
- Dinner and theater match!Food4ThoughtDined on 1/4/2014Great spot for dinner before or after The Hanover Theater or any other night you are out and about. Excellent service, food and ambience. Fresh ingredients thoughtfully prepared in perfect portions.Special Features:
- Exceeds expectations.GeriannbDined on 12/28/2013Had our annual Christmas family dinner the weekend after the holiday. This was a very pleasant, leisurely meal with great food , outstanding service and a wonderful ambiance. Our server, Antonio,was friendly but professional, and happily accommodated our special requests. We would definitely recommend this restaurant and will go there again.Special Features:
- Long awaited reunionCollegereunionDined on 12/28/2013After 20 years a part, this was a nice college reunion. The waitstaff recognized this right away and came right over offering to take pictures for us. The food and service was excellent. We found there was plenty of street parking also. I would recommend for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fun, Great Food!LawyerBabeDined on 12/27/2013Loved visiting Nuovo for the first time!! The food was excellent. Many excellent choices for wine by the glass. Happy atmosphere with good pianist providing background music. Highly attentive service. Altogether wonderful evening out!Special Features:
- Great Italian food in WorcesterCDMAVIPDined on 12/27/2013I have been to Nuovo three times in the last 3 months and will look forward to returning. It is a small restaurant with a very committed chef/owner who handles a very ambitious menu. He produces authentic and tasty food, from whole Bronzino to Dijon mussels to the best pasta puttanesca around when you ask for the anchovies. Service is friendly and discreet. A piano player in the lounge is a nice touch, but the music can overwhelm conversation at times. Parking is often available on the street and they have valet at times as well. This is a nice find and it's great to support an independent chef/owner who cares about pleasing his dining clientele. Bravo!Special Features:
- Fantastic EntreesDarwishDined on 12/24/2013Food was absolutely delicious! It's comparable to VIA Italian and maybe even better!Special Features:
- Great food & serviceSeindeanyDined on 12/21/2013Server was awesome. Food was great. Live music starting at 6pm was very good. We ate early so it was quiet but I would guess that this place gets pretty busy. 10% discount if you are going to see a show at the Hanover that night also!Special Features:
- awesomefoodloverDined on 12/14/2013My experience was awesome the setting was beautiful the food was delicious and the service was excellent. It wad the perfect place for me to surprise my girlfriend with a proposal on her birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable Dining ExperienceBdaydinerDined on 12/14/2013The owners and staff put everything into making your dining experience memorable! The food is fresh and deliciously prepared. Also, if you are looking for a quick bite at the bar the appetizers and $5 martinis are the way to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food as always.ChadbflVIPDined on 12/13/2013Excellent food as always. Nice cozy dining area, service is always prompt but not rushed. Valet parking is quick and the prices are more than fair for the exquisite menu offerings. Piano bar can be a bit loud at times, but not enough to detract from an overall great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Saturday night outLisaMSDined on 12/7/2013This was our first time at Nuovo. I found this place on Open Table. The service was wonderful! Our waiter was attentive and very friendly. Even though we were seated at a table next to the bar, the noise level was quiet. I liked the "lighter fare" menu. It allowed you so order some of their popular dishes without a pasta side. The food was tasty. We will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A rainy night in Worcesterdinner4twoDined on 12/1/2013We were greeted immediatly upon entering Nuovo and brought directly to our table. We ordered an evening special entre , Chilean Sea Bass , Spinach and raviolis. Everything was cooked perfectly . We enjoyed a 1/2 bottle of a Montalpulcino Brunello and finished with coffee and gelato for desert. The wait staff was very pleasant and attentive . Chef and Owner , Aleksander Gjonca , came to our table to inquire about our meal and dining experience and later lead us on a tour of his beautiful upstairs function room , perfect for special occasions or corporate gatherings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food s delicious. I especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/30/2013The food s delicious. I especially liked the mushroom risotto served with my Filet Napoleon. Free valet parking makes access very convenient, despite the location on a busy street.Special Features:
- Terrific experienceEatoutDined on 11/30/2013Our family was looking to try a new Italian restaurant while the family was all home for the holidays. Nuovo was a pleasant surprise! "How have we not been here?" was the general concensus. The risotto side dish was excellent, and all of our meals were delicious. Our waitress was both friendly and attentive. We will be going back for sure! Whenever I try a new Italian place I always get the chicken parmesan (boring I know) but it was excellent and I loved the red sauce. The rest of the family indulged in the specials and they were all very tasty. Great spot! Not too loud but plenty busy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/23/2013Food and service were outstanding. The piano player was excellent and added a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You could do betterRyrVochDined on 11/22/2013With a menu as old-school as Nuovo's, you'd think they really loved these dishes and could execute them perfectly. Instead, with a few exceptions, they settle for a bland competence - not bad, but rather like the experience at a wedding dinner where you wonder if you should have checked one of the other boxes. Service was friendly and pleasant, if a bit slow. Their bartender appears to know what he/she is doing, to judge from our drinks. The Worcester area has lots of Italian restaurants, though, so to stand out as particularly worthwhile, Nuovo should sharpen up a lot in the kitchen.
- very nice restaurant!DanielDined on 11/16/2013Had dinner for 6 this past Saturday night. Everything was excellent. I am pretty picky about Italian food, having grown up with with a mother who was 100% Italian and a great cook. I completely enjoyed my veal parm and my brother enjoyed his veal cacciatore. The bread and salad were excellent as well. I would have liked a bit more pasta than came with my veal, but the portion of veal itself was generous. My son and I each had the chocolate torte for desert, again ~ excellent. My brother had the key lime pie and said it was the best he ever had. My wife had the cheese cake and her word to describe it was "yummy".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nuovo - GemMGCGDined on 11/14/2013I found this restaurant when looking through trip advisor - it was wonderful! The food was AMAZING! They took their time between courses and it was a perfect date night restaurant. We were from out of town and going to a show at the Hanover Theater a nice surprise was 10% off the bill on show nights. The food was fresh and delicious and very reasonably priced. If we go back to Worcester we would definitely eat there again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AntoniocampianoVIPDined on 11/10/2013Antonio, a soon-to-be passionate teacher, was our inspiring waiter. We ate so late that there were only 2 groups left in the restaurant, so we chatted with Antonio. The osso bucco was delicious. The pasta was under seasoned, but full of delicious veggies. The brie appetizer was odd: big wedges of brie on top of little pieces of toast with caramelized walnuts. Nice taste but way too much cheese for a balanced presentation. Very good garden salad. Potatoes were mushy and needed seasoning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.