92 Shrewsbury Street
Worcester, MA 01604Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nuovoworcester.com/
- Phone: (508) 796-5915
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday 4:00PM until Close
Saturday - Noon until close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Aleksander Gjonca
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Nuovo offers a large catering menu. The menu is listed on line at www.nuovoworcester.com. We can customize based on your preference. All catering inquiries must be directed to Loreta Gjonca for further assistant.
- Entertainment: Nuovo offers a full bar with a 46 seat lounge area and a grand baby piano playing live music every weekend.. There are two TV's for viewing as well as a patio area for outdoor dining. The second floor offers 2 private rooms, equipped with TV monitors and Wi-Fi, one private beautiful bar and a dancing floor. There is music playing for diners but private functions may bring a DJ, band or other live entertainment for their personal usage.
- Special Events: Nuovo will be hosting several special events throughout the year.
- Public Transit: Walking distance from Union Station as well as bus stop directly in front of building.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There is complimentary valet on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights starting at 5 pm until 1 am. There is also a private parking lot in the back which fits about 20 cars.
A word from Nuovo Restaurant
Nuovo Restaurant is located on 92 Shrewsbury St, with ample parking in the rear of the building (Hill St), and complimentary Valet Parking service. Voted Best New Restaurant in Worcester. Serves Italian cuisine with Mediterranean flare, extensive wine list. It is a warm, friendly, food-focused environment. Perfect place to have dinner with family, a group of friends, or a date night. The 2 private dinning rooms with dancing floor and WIFI available are ideal for a seat down dinner up to 90 guests, or a cocktail party up to 150, and everything in between.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Nuovo Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Worcester ›
Nuovo Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)fit for foodies (44)romantic (39)neighborhood gem (28)good for groups (24)notable wine list (16)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Prompt Service, Nice Selection for various tastes!KarenCatDined on 11/16/2014Service was prompt, didn't feel rushed. Nice selection on the menu, even for the gluten-sensitve diner in our party.Special Features:
- Great spot for a special occasionAmyRDined on 11/15/2014My husband and I went to nuovo for our anniversary. The food was excellent as well as the service. Tables were a little closer to each other than I'd prefer but it wouldn't stop me from going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner.TrevorDined on 11/15/2014It was my GF birthday and she liked the menu very much, gave her great options,. She had the ribeye which was very tasty... I had the Spaghetti alla Pescatora done scampi style by the chef, very good. The waitress was very attentive and they gave us a glass of champagne at the end. We were to full for desert....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dinner!MaryDined on 11/15/2014Our group of 6 had lovely dinner together, the food and the service of the restaurant are excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was disappointing.FridayFrequentersDined on 11/14/2014Went there with 2 other couples. Waiter was extremely nice and accommodating. Atmosphere with the piano in the back ground was nice but the overall ambiance was lacking decor. The salad was good with nice dressing choices. 2 of our friends ordered the duck and were very dissatisfied. The duck was very fatty and not a good for the price $35. My husband and I ordered the filet minion. Both dishes were OK. Overall thought for the quality of food and atmosphere the prices were too high.
- Not the Besttpuddd31Dined on 11/8/20148PM reservation, as sat at 8:30 at a super tiny table next to a wall that had been freshly painted. Smell of paint was constantly in the air. In fairness, my wife enjoyed her veal and Caprese appetizer. I on the other hand was not impressed. My Cesar salad seemed to have store bought dressing, and way to much of it. My entree, the 16 ounce Rib eye, was extremely fatty and had no flavor. The veggies were dull and mushy, but the smashed potatoes were pretty good. I did love the piano player in the lounge, she was excellent.Special Features:
- PampamstekDined on 11/8/2014The quality of the food was great. I really liked that dishes came with a small side of pasta. The portions were good and sauces were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful MealPickyMrsPDined on 11/5/2014Food was yummy and the service was impeccable. Very attentive and we enjoyed our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new findwine24Dined on 11/2/2014We had a wonderful dining experience. All staff members were most gracious. Food was excellent & interesting combinations. Best cappuccino I've had in a long time. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Disappointing Birthday ExperienceguesshooDined on 11/1/2014This was supposed to be my birthday dinner. Over 30 minutes waiting for a table we had reserved in advance. We decided to wait at the bar after being left awkwardly standing in front of the hostess table after they told us our table was not available yet. The bartender was the only redeeming quality. When we finally got our table the service was horrible and what seemed like over half the items on the menu were not available. The waitress had a bad attitude, she seemed annoyed by any questions or requests we made (bring water or bread to the table) and we finally just left after finishing our drinks. Had to find somewhere else to dine.Special Features:
- MikeDined on 11/1/2014The food and service are consistently outstanding. The menu is very complete - full of Italian gems.Special Features:
- Nice Find1FussyDinerDined on 11/1/2014Very good food and great atmosphere. Been here once before, during the summer, and it was really romantic to sit in the open-air bar area with piano player. Wine list is a little weak. We would have liked to have seen more variety and more up-scale choices, but not bad. Meal portions are bit on the small size, but appropriate for price. Wouldn't mind paying a little more for bigger portions. The quality was comparable to upper scale establishments. Wait staff was very friendly and attentive. Will be visiting again!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/31/2014very nice for dinner before Hanover Theater show...meal was VERY god...wish ravioli was hotter, salmon was very good. Will come back again... also please fill martini glass to the top!Special Features:
- Parents Weekend DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014Nuovo was a very charming restaurant with great service, nice decor, & reasonably good food. I would go there again. Laura F.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time and Very ImpressedCabdellaDined on 10/18/2014This was my wife and my first time at Nuovo and one thing that stood out was the service. Everyone employed by the restaurant was engaging and welcoming. Our waitress was superb, but even other waitresses asked us how our meal was, whether we had been before, etc. If this is a culture that management has cultivated, then I'd say "job well-done." In addition, the food was excellent. I would recommend the Nuovo Antipasto which was a completely different twist on the classic antipasto. I would also highly recommend the Osso Buco, which every employee raved about and which lived up to the billing. It was an expensive night, so Nuovo is a "special occasion" place for us, but we had a great meal and a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Best Restaurantfood4usDined on 10/17/2014One of the best restaurants in the Worcester area. Authentic European Cuisine..., and the best Ribeye ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nuovo - Great meal, great servicePazzoDined on 10/11/2014Nuovo is a very comfortable resturant that is great for a romantic dinner or a an evening with friends. Piano music in the lounge is relaxing. Great menu with many selections, and the service was excellent. We had the Filet Napolean and the Salmone Atlantico, both were great.Special Features:
- Don't dine in the bar !!!!!!!!!!!rewsterDined on 10/11/2014Piano player in bar area was overpowering. Level only went down when after people were seated within 3 feet of him. Totally unacceptable. Two out of three of us had food they enjoyed. Service was not acceptable. Wait person would be gone for long stretches of time. Drink order was completely messed up. Too many restaurants that are much better to go back to then here.
- Amazing placeRichmetellusDined on 10/9/2014Thinking about a romantic and night out with your lady, this is the spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely placeMamaTDined on 10/9/2014This was our second visit to Nuovo, and we enjoyed it again. We were a party of four meeting in Worcester for a weeknight dinner. The atmosphere is warm and gracious, the staff is welcoming and attentive to all of your needs. The servers are very helpful in describing dishes and their preparation and never rush through servings. The owner/chef came out to check on how we liked our dinners, and he was truly interested in our Nuovo experience. He also told us a bit about himself and how he came to owning the restaurant. The dinners were well prepared and beautifully presented. An added touch...serving their delicious bruschetta after you are seated and looking over the menu.Special Features:
- OhnonothimDined on 10/4/2014There was a wedding taking place upstairs and it sounded like a heard of elephants were on top of your head.
- A classy place with lots of charmMikeDined on 10/4/2014Great atmosphere - quiet and attractive. Menu is complete with outstanding Florentine specialties. The service is very professional and efficient. Fantastic food and extremely good valueSpecial Features:
- Food excellentcousDined on 9/27/2014The food was excellent, a little hard to hear the waitress being right up against the Piano; forgot our coffee but didn't charge thankfully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pber999Dined on 9/27/2014We went for our anniversary and couldn't have chosen a better place. Gracefully greeted, and brought to a window seat next to piano. Dinner was outstanding! I had the Filet Napolian and my husband had the lasagna which he said was fantastic! The service was the best we have had in a long time! I would highly recommend Nuovo's, and very anxious to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014staff was very accomodating when we asked for a table near the piano. Food was excellent. Absolutley loved the pumpkin martinisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty GoodbitsandpiecesVIPDined on 9/24/2014Few tables were filled on a Wednesday night. The front desk and wait staff were friendly. I was a bit disappointed in the baked brie appetizer; it was good, not great. But the seared scallops and ravioli dish, one of their signature items I believe, was outstanding. Out guest mentioned her vodka penne was great, too.
- Worcester's BestFoodFanaticDined on 9/22/2014Lucky discovery two years ago when checking out function rooms, ended up renting the nicest function room (upstairs) for a pre-wedding party and am now a frequent diner. Since then Nuovo never fails to present fantastic food and quality wines. The atmosphere is Worcester lively, and the service friendly & professional.Special Features:
- Fine Dining with a Great AtmosphereFoodieDined on 9/13/2014Had dinner with my sisters on a 9/13/14 to celebrate my birthday. The hostess, owner greeted us & was very friendly, we sat for dinner at reserved time. The atmosphere was classy & welcoming. Our table was in the front room by the window, next to a piano.. being played by Bobby. He played classics like Elton John, The Beetles.. the crowd chimed in during chorus. The server was profession, knowledgeable with the menu & wine list had wonderful recommendations. I had the bass special, was delicious, and all pleased with our choices. For the Birthday celebration the hostess sent over complimentary champagne, Bobby & the crowd sang Happy Birthday. Later the chef,owner came out to introduce himself, very pleasant. 5 Star ExperienceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014We stumbled upon this gem accidentally. We went with another couple and had a very enjoyable dining experience. The food was outstanding all around. The atmosphere is great... including a pianist in the background. The owners, a husband and wife team (hostess and chef) seemed eager to make our experience enjoyable and memorable. The chef also came out to greet us and is clearly passionate about making great food. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationSterlingdinersDined on 9/11/2014My husband and I recently visited Nuovo to celebrate our birthdays. Boy what a treat. Absolutely the best meal we have ever had in Worcester by far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and servicehlg521Dined on 9/5/2014We had a great experience at Nuovo overall. Our waiter Antonio wad excellent very attentive, friendly and professional. The decor was nice the only complaint about ambiance was occasional street noise. The food was excellent and reasonably priced. I had the Beef Filet with risotto which wad perfectly cooked and delicious. Others in my group loved their entrees as well. Excellent cappucino to finish the meal and I also enjoyed a Bomba which was a nice fruit sorbet inside a white chocolate shell. One nice touch was that the chef came out and briefly chatted with guests to check on their meals.Special Features:
- goodfor1stdateDined on 8/30/2014The food and piano singer were excellent. Very friendly waitress and very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nuovo DeliversOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/29/2014Outstanding Italian restaurant! Service was knowledgeable, quick...sometimes a bit too visible, but I'd rather haver some 'hovering' than being abandoned. Salads were fabulous. Did not have any appetizers. Entrees were PERFECT. Good portions. Meats and fish cooked to ideal temperature. Pasta accompaniments were more than just 'sides'...each could have been a meal on its own. Vegetables were fresh and cooked perfectly. One dessert was ordered: tiramasu. Everyone thought it was some of the best they have ever enjoyed. The Chef came out to check on the preparation of a veal dish, as it was ordered with some concern over the proper preparation (expressed to the wait staff during ordering). Nice touch! Shows genuine concern for the customer.Special Features:
- great ...kcharbyDined on 8/25/2014everything was four star ... except the carbonara had so many vegetables we thought it was a primavera !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a SurpriseBobbyDined on 8/25/2014My wife and I wanted a cozy spot for dinner and we got all that we had hoped for plus great food besides. It is a small 'Italian' restaurant with a taste of Albania. The chef specials were delicious with wonderful sauces. The staff, chef and maitre d' were all very pleasant! We can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good prices.NboroGirlDined on 8/23/2014Five of us dined here last Saturday. We've only been here once before. The food was good, but my Filet Napoleon was supposed to come with mushroom risotto and it came with raviloi instead. I said something to the waiter and he apologized. About 10 min. later came back with the risotto. Someday I'll save room and try the desserts. The prices, I thought, were reasonable for the amount and quality of the food. Their phone lines were down that night so there was an issue paying by credit card, but they took down my number, and I checked my transacations a couple of dsys later and the correct amount, including the tip I indicated, was charged to my card.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceSteveVIPDined on 8/16/2014The title says it all: excellent food and service. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special attention from chef greataka1Dined on 8/11/2014go to thisoutstanding restaurant! truly dedicated to making this a positive experience all aroundSpecial Features:
- Great food and staff!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/6/2014Food was great...staff was wonderful...no complaints!Special Features:
- Looking for a nice restaurant.derekmurph101Dined on 8/4/2014I have to say the food is a bit pricey but my girlfriend and I had nothing but great food ! She ordered the Chicken Cordon Bleu and I had the Chicken Parm and the chicken was very thin and breaded perfectly. Great for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 286 reviews are from the Nuovo Restaurant reviews archive.