2711 N. Stanton
El Paso, TX 79902Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nuovocappetto.com/
- Phone: 9155320700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am- 4:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Moses Mendez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer full line catering or drop off catering for parties up to 500. Check out our catering menu at our website.
- Entertainment: Fridays we feature the sounds of April Ticket, a duet playing contemporary English and Spanish sounds. Saturday we feature the progressive Jazz sound of the Sam Barlow band. Music begins at 9:30 pm. both nights.
A word from Nuovo Cappetto
With a heritage in El Paso dating back to 1956, Nuovo Cappetto is El Paso’s favorite and most authentic Italian Restaurant. Located in the heart of the Cincinnati entertainment district, Nuovo Cappetto features a full Italian menu serving pasta, pizzas, veal, chicken, beef and seafood. Our Sunday Brunch features unique Italian flavors with a little southwestern flair. Our wine menu is sure to please even the most discriminating palate and we feature a fabulous bar serving all of your favorite spirits. We are open 7 days a week and offer convenient carryout service. For information call us or visit us at our website. And don't forget the Chocolate Incredible!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Nuovo Cappetto - Best Restaurants in El Paso ›
Nuovo Cappetto reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (6)special occasion (6)romantic (4)great for lunch (4)neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 10/19/2014We loved Cappetto's when it was on Montana. We looked forward to trying this new one. We were not pleased and might not come back. The restaurant was empty yet they took almost an hour to get our dinner. Steak was not cooked right, yet due to the fact we were going to a concert we did not want to send it back. Did not have time for dessert.
- Amazing & DeliciousluvsgoingoutDined on 10/16/2014I liked it the moment I walked in – felt welcomed by the staff right away. Our waiter was very friendly, made great recommendation for the sweet wine and the appetizer, Shrimp Tre Formaggi, was amazing. The Chicken and Green Chile Lasagna Alfredo was delicious, my friend agreed and also enjoyed his Fettuccini Primavera with Chicken, and so was the Tiramisu. Definitely coming back and highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nuovo Capetto's is perfect!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Nuovo Capetto's is perfect for all occasions. From anniversaries to birthdays or just because. The food is delicious and the ambiance is great. The staff is amiable and very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDaveMDined on 8/26/2014The best Fettucine w/seafood & marinara sauce in El PasoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 19 reviews are from the Nuovo Cappetto reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014The menu is extensive and offers a vast variety of foods. I have tried many items off the menu and have enjoyed every single one of them. The salad is wonderful...not just the romaine lettuce that most restaurants serve. We only eat at Nuovo Cappetto's when we want Italian food..there is no comparison with other Italian restaurants. We were extremely ecstatic when they reopened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the same!mommyof3Dined on 6/15/2014Food is great but the atmosphere is not the same....I miss the old location and look....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Good Service!MarkVIPDined on 6/11/2014I had a business dinner here on Wednesday evening, and albeit it UTEP's graduation, I found the service a bit slow, BUT the food was very good and the waiter was very nice. He even took off a cup of poblano soup that was delicious, simply too spicy for my palate. He did this without us even asking, which I thought was very nice. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerVIPDined on 5/24/2014High end Italian cuisine in El Paso - highlights wonderful service, excellent Caesar Salad and Cappucino's. Pasta was bland; veal was ok. Great for groups and it was quite crowded and active.Special Features:
- love the new Capettosmmz01Dined on 5/23/2014Would always go there when I was a kid and was devastated it closed. Now with this modern Italian restaurant I can enjoy it as an adult!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall ExcellenteherrDined on 5/17/2014Although the food was excellent and service was adequate, the fact that I'd specifically made a reservation and the table was not ready upon arrival was a tad disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cappetto's Rejuvenatedzin4meDined on 5/14/2014Cappetto's has reopened in a stylish setting in the Kern Place entertainment area. The restaurant is sheik with an open view of the kitchen in the back of the restaurant with an open brick oven used for baking pizza. A rectangular full bar is nestled near the entrance Tables are lined along the windows, and a larger dining area is in the rear portion. White table cloths contrast with a dark interior and has an elegant feel. The menu is extensive and features most of the items that Cappetto's has served for generations, accompanied by a nice wine menu. They've added a few zesty specialties with a dash of Hatch chili pepper for a southwest zing. The waitstaff is superb and tends to your wishes throughout the meal. Bon Apetit!Special Features:
- so disappointedz726bethVIPDined on 5/11/2014Went for brunch. Our frittatas (we had one of each kind) were no such thing. They were just an omelet cooked a different way. My husband's eggs benedict came out cold and had to be sent back. And overall food was slow to come out. Just in general completely unexciting and disappointing and we wished we had gone somewhere else.
- Nice relaunch, more modern1stTimerDined on 3/27/2014Nice relaunch, more modern appearance from ol restaurant from sat I hear. Pleasant experience for 1st visit. Service could use some improvement, short staffed waiting staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and sevice were notOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2014The food and sevice were not up to par with the reviews left. Overcooked pasta, nasty food overall. You can dine a lot better and cheaper at Olive Garden and I dont like Oive Garden.
- Quantity over QualityOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/28/2014Same old comfort food. Bread drenched in garlic margarine. The marinara was deep, complex and flavorful- more of a heavier sauce base. Ordered the breaded mushrooms for appetizer. Unfortunately, they appeared to be from a frozen food manufacturer, not good. Shrimp scampi- anemic little shrimp swimming in butter. Lobster ravioli- soggy and lacking flavor. What is the point of having lobster ravioli if the lobster is unrecognizable?! It is what is is. Our waitress was great - attentive and helpful. A little too loud for a quiet, intimate experience. Too dark for several people to be able read the menu without a light source. Made things interesting, I guess. I was expecting something different with creative and lighter, meals.Special Features:
- Great All AroundOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014My husband and I enjoyed our whole experience and plan to return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great luncheon!ARedHatterDined on 2/11/2014My red hat group met for lunch here. They had our table set up and ready. The House Italian dressing was amazing with the mixed greens salad. So refreshing. Everyone loved their meals. Service was well-timed and very friendly. I definitely will return to try more dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NewCapp1stvstOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/23/2014Not for romantics, but a relaxed ambience that lends itself to an after-show get together. The service was well-timed, attentive, and engaging Our dish-Pizza Primavera-was the BEST! the accompanying dinner salads were a delicious complement Loved the Scripture (Philippians 4:13) inscribed on the wall above the window.! All staff encountered were very friendly! Will be coming back soon to try the other dishes on a fantastic menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mom's birthdaytabl43Dined on 12/31/2013We took mom out for her birthday dinner. She suggested the restaurant since I'm from out of town. I didn't know what to expect but I have to say that I was happily surprised. Good food selection, good service, and the food was delicious. I will probably suggest going there again on my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years Eve dinnerMiniDined on 12/31/2013My family and I had been spending our New Years Eve out at the old Capettos for years. This year we weren't sure if we wanted to try the Nuovo Capettos. We thought it would be the same taste we knew but a lot more expensive since they had moved to a trendier area of town but we where pleasantly surprised. Same great food, same great service, and no difference in price just a bit further of a drive for us but we will visit this establishment again. Our group was very pleased and got great compliments on the choice. Thank You.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family FriendlymargyDined on 12/30/2013The food and service were excellent! It's great for any occasion. Portions are huge so entrees may be split if dining with kids. It is family friendly but also great for a date nigh or adult evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little ItalyblowfishDined on 12/13/2013I had an Italian friend dine with me and he loved it said it was the closest to the real thing yet!!!Special Features:
- Delicious LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/13/2013The lunch menu is a steal! Big portions and good price make for a great lunch choice! There was plenty of seats and our party of 10 was in and out with great service! I recommend you give it a try and find out for yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.