Nunzio Ristorante Rustico
706 Haddon Ave.
Collingswood, NJ 08108Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Nunzio Ristorante Rustico
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nunzios.net/
- Phone: 8568589840x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 2:30pm - 9:30pm,
Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian
- Executive Chef: Nunzio Patruno
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Delivery, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Nunzio can also come to you! On and off premises catering include buffet, formal, business & family style menus & service. Services include dining room & kitchen wait staff as well as a wine steward.
View catering menus on our website and contact the restaurant for more information.
- Entertainment: Nunzio's guests enjoy strolling & shopping in our "Classic Town" Collingswood where year round fairs, restaurant weeks and musical events are sponsored by the Borough of Collingswood. Go to Collingswood.com for new events & entertainment.
- Special Events: Go to www.nunzios.net to read about Nunzio's dining special events and promotions. Enjoy attending special dining events featuring Regional Italian Cuisine, Restaurant Weeks, Cooking Classes and more.
- Cross Street: Collings Avenue
- Public Transit: Guests can ride the Patco Speedline easily from Philadelphia or any New Jersey Patco stop. For ride schedule information go to the Patco website.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: On street parking is available in front of the restaurant on Haddon Avenue & on Atlantic Avenue behind the restaurant.
A word from Nunzio Ristorante Rustico
Savor the flavors of Nunzio's menu featuring "Classic flavors in Fresh Ways" , an Italian menu highlighting Italy's regional cuisines. Nunzio's is known for its homemade pastas, fresh seafood, choice cut meats and their famous specials! Reserve Today!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Nunzio Ristorante Rustico - Best Restaurants in Collingswood ›
Nunzio Ristorante Rustico reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (99)special occasion (90)fit for foodies (77)romantic (70)good for groups (64)great for lunch (18)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- nunzio's-A true winnerEpicureVIPDined on 9/27/2014Extremely consistent, exceptional food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Good Italian (but BYO)MarkKVIPDined on 9/23/2014Located along a quaint, traditional small town main street, this nice Italian restaurant has several competitors in the same block. The antipasto and calamari appetizers were delicious. My veal saltimbocca was savory, with a brown gravy that was light and flavorful. Great cappuccino.Special Features:
- We keep coming back!luvfoodalotDined on 9/21/2014Lovely dining experience. Great ambiance. Authentic, perfectly cooked Italian food with the freshest ingredients. Buffalo mozzarella appetizer is amazing. Didn't know it was possible to make gnocchi so light and airy. Knowledgeable and personable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- large group partyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014There was a large group party of at least 50 people. However the guests were greeting each other and blocking the aisle. Our table happened to be next to thst aisle and the people were constantly bumping the aisle guests chair. We moved thst person closer to the table but he was uncomfortable. The server notified the manager who casually asked the party to take their seats but to no avail Our server was apologetic but the manager never acknowledged our inconvenience or ask if we wanted to move or complement an appetizer. Fortunately the quality of the food and the server was exceptional so our dinner was not ruined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lee1125VIPDined on 9/19/2014A truly excdellent meal with great food beautifully presented and superb service.Special Features:
- FantasticSofieDined on 9/18/2014This restaurant is on my top 3 favorite ones. The food, ambience and service are always top shelf. The wait staff are engaging and fun and really care about your dining experience. It's like going to a friend's home.Special Features:
- OaksDined on 9/13/2014I enjoyed dinner with a part of six. Everyone ordered one of the specials, and eveyone was very please with their selection. The food, service and atmosphere of the restaurant was very good. I would recommed it to a friend, and will be going back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- September 13,2014Bella17Dined on 9/13/2014We have eaten in many of the restaurants in Collingswood NJ and this was not a disappointment. Loved the food. The wait staff was very attentive and we loved the decor. Romantic and quaint. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restaurantHollyDined on 9/13/2014Nunzios is THE best place around. Everytime we eat there it is even better than the last. Lamb chops are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An awful eveningrickiconDined on 9/12/2014Pretty, but very, very noisy; do not expect much. Three of us dined: an Antipasto Rustico, of poor quality; bland green salad; Cannellini bean salad with shrimp was best. We had three pasta dishes: tasteless Orechiette with poor sausage and hard granular bread crumbs on top; an unrefined pasta with rabbit, tasted like a cheap tomato sauce mixed with pulled rabbit; pasta with clams and a lot of sand. We passed all three around but finished none. For desert our cannoli had a shell was so thick and old it would not even break with my fork with a poor filling. Not for foodies. It did not appear that there was an Italian anywhere in the kitchen or in the front of house. We will never go back.
- My favoriteOrangeAndBlack19Dined on 9/12/2014Hands down never a bad meal or service. Appies and dinner is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't Meet ExpectationsDgootyVIPDined on 9/12/2014I had read and heard a lot of positive things about Nunzio ahead of time, so maybe my expectations were too high, but I would call the experience average. I do have to admit that of our party of 8 most felt their food was excellent, however my meatballs, a Nunzio specialty I would rate as average. My real disappointment was the service. Our waiter was very friendly, but not very attentive. We ordered apps for the table before placing the dinner order. The apps were served and we finished eating them before he took our dinner order. Awkward trying to eat and balance a menu. Then later our desert came out and we completely finished them before the coffee was served. During each of these times the waiter was no where to be found.Special Features:
- songgirlVIPDined on 9/12/2014A great restaurant on the Avenue. The food was delicious. there were many specials to choose from. the service was spot on. We have a very relaxing dinner.Special Features:
- Best yetTablelessDined on 9/6/2014New to the area with dining, must say from food to service this place beats all!! Can't wait to go back again !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat Your veggiesPhillyfemfoodieVIPDined on 9/6/2014Most places with similar menu allow substitutes on veggies, but not here. A wonderful salmon came with mashed potatoes and escarole and not allowed to get a different green veggie or substitute pasta for both. So, a very nice side order of penne cost $8 extra. Marinara was light and delicious, but asking them to leave off the veggies and then paying for pasta seems wrong. Somehow and order of spinach made it to us, though they said in in error - taken away and then brought back, so when waiter LATER referred to it, maybe it was sent out on purpose, but just not said so...and why anyway. Very nice food, somewhat inconsistent attitude, but overall, a lovely time there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerStephenVIPDined on 9/5/2014This was my second visit to Nunzio Ristorante and it was as wonderful as before. The service was very good and the restaurant was much busier than it was on our previous experience. This is not an inexpensive restaurant, but it is worth the price that you pay.Special Features:
- Great RestuarantmemeDined on 9/2/2014Food was great, waiter was excellent. Had people from California with us, and they loved it. The Veal dishes were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Birthday DinneryophillyVIPDined on 8/31/2014This place is very consistent. Always good quality. I can't go here without getting the octopus, it is great. The veal shank is also very good. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- JCSOULMATESDined on 8/31/2014My boyfriend and I enjoyed your resturant very much and will be back. Everyone was very nice and the food was amazing. Thank you.Special Features:
- Special EveningconnielouDined on 8/26/2014My mom's 94th BDay Food is always fresh and carefully prepared and presented. Expected it to be very crowded since they offered 4 course for $35 and got a $10 certificate for a lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RCavalDined on 8/25/2014Never disappointed from a meal at Nunzio's, the food is always outstanding along with the service, ambience and special occasion atmosphere makes it always an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentHealthydinerDined on 8/22/2014This nicely decorated Italian establishment is a must visit. Nunzio's was great! From the moment we entered, the service was attentive yet not annoying. Our food was favorful and cooked to perfection. Freshly baked bread was served with a excellent spread that captured garlic, olive oil and other flavors in a wonderful mix. Our scallop appetizer consisted of four juicy plump scallops that were cooked and presented perfectly. The only drawback was that it was a bit loud at times. With the sole negative out there, the Dover Sole special was outstanding. Both it and the Bronzini were filleted table-side. We shared our fish dishes. Both were moist and delicious. Too full for dessert we left, soon to return to this byob gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulMarkymarkDined on 8/22/2014This was our first time here and have to say one of the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence as usualJoeFDined on 8/21/2014We've been to Nunzio's countless times (Even to "pre-Nunzio's" - the Monte Carlo Living Room in Philly, when Chef Patruno was there). Never had anything less than a terrific meal with outstanding service. My wife and I consider it a special place. We were there Thursday evening to celebrate a special event and it was excellence as usual. It was further enhanced by our waiter Byron (not sure if this is the correct spelling) who was extremely attentive to our needs, extremely charming, and extraordinarily cordial. Great food, service, and ambiance - a recipe for a great dinner.Special Features:
- Always a great meal.apultraclassicVIPDined on 8/16/2014We have eaten at Nunzio several times. The food is always perfect. The service is outstanding, very attentive without being bothersome. The wait staff all have a knowledge of the menu and never have a problem with adjusting an order. I always look forward to returning to Nunzio for dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014The service was excellent and the food was outstandingSpecial Features:
- ExcellenceNoteasy2pleaseVIPDined on 8/15/2014There were four of us for dinner, each with unique food preferences and we were all very pleased. Pasta, fish, filet, rabbit, chicken dishes were all superb! Dessert and espresso were excellent, as well. My only complaint would be that the tables were very close together. Overall, a very positive dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Biscotti ever!Philly86VIPDined on 8/15/2014Brought some new friends to Nunzios. Of course they loved everything! For starters we had the corn chowder soup, scallops and Caesar salad. The Caesar salad could have used a little umph. It was boring and at Nunzios we don't expect boring. The soup and scallops were both excellent. On to the main courses. The veal chop special and the Branzino were terrific! We were full, but indulged in an order of homemade biscotti. The biscotti was served with a little bit of honey drizzled on top and some walnuts for those that like them. Nunzios biscotti is the best ever! No matter if you are ordering other dessert or not, suggest you request a small order of biscotti. You won't be disappointed. Then lemon-cello to compliment the night.Special Features:
- Wonderful meal and serviceStephenVIPDined on 8/12/2014From the minute we walked in the door and the hostess greeted us by name, to the special request I had for a table, to the knowledgeable waiter, outstanding appetizers (tuna carpaccio & scallops with mango), to the veal (the house specialty) and my dover sole, the meal was wonderful. This is an excellent find!Special Features:
- True GemAnonymouzeDined on 8/10/2014Nunzio's was a wonderful experience from the moment we were met at the door, immediately seated, met our friendly server. The entire evening was a pleasure. We began with the antipasto as a shared appetizer (more than enough for 2). The bronzino special was amazing with both shrimp and crab meat as a topper and my better half declared the veal marsala among the best he's ever eaten. We topped it off with scrumptious desserts and coffee. A truly lovely experience. The only problem we had was our forgetting to bring the wine. Totally not the fault of the restaurant. We'll be sure to bring it next time. We're already ooking forward to that.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014That was our first time there. We enjoyed it thoroughly and will be back. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Great Food As alwaysdregdotDined on 8/9/2014It's been a while but as always the food and the service was amazing. It was great to see some of my old favorites and meet some new ones. And it was nice to have Nunzio visit our table.Special Features:
- A Beautiful Night at Nunzio'sloves2eatDined on 8/7/2014The authentic ambiance makes you feel like you're in Italy. The food was absolutely delicious and the service was superb. The night ended being greeted by Chef Nunzio, which made the experience that much more personal. The entire staff went above and beyond to ensure a pleasant experience. A++Special Features:
- On the way to the theater in PhillyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014Chef-Owner Nunzio still has a magic touch in the kitchen and in creating a memorable dining experience. Waitstaff are superbly trained to deliver professional service, courtesy and accommodation. The restaurant is beautiful and has a wonderful lively feel. Our meal was on a week night and was very well paced. The place is still very popular and has maintained its top quality in every sense. It was also great to see Nunzio working the crowd when he was not overseeing the kitchen staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014The whole dining experience is excellent. The food is always excellent along with the service and atmosphere. This is a great place to go for a great italian meal.
- change the veggieslov74880califDined on 8/2/2014everything was very nice. The service and every one was nice. One thing was wrong was the same green veggies was on everyone dish. It was a bitter veggies didn't go with my wondeful salmon. I hope the chef can change that. I watched every plate go by and everyone had the same green veggies. This a too nice place to do that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in CollingswoodPhilly86VIPDined on 8/1/2014Awesome! The pesto that comes with the bread is smooth and delicious. The scallops appy is tops. The shrimp with beans appy is great. The pasta is fresh and the sauces are light and fresh. The Branzino filleted table-side is perfect. Lemon-cello after the meal is a nice touch. Best Italian restaurant in Collingswood.Special Features:
- Great country style Italian foodNobumasaVIPDined on 8/1/2014We love Italian food, and we have tried many of them including some in Italy. We were surprised to find out that Nunzio is one of the best among them. Very authentic country style Italian food, with great service. We already recommended to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stocktonparentsstocktonparentsDined on 7/31/2014Amazing food and excellent service! We love this restaurant because we are never disappointed. What a gem!Special Features:
- DeliciousTvr410VIPDined on 7/31/2014The food was very good and the wait staff was very attentive . Unfortunately a large party was being held and the room was overly loud for a Thursday night. Being Gluten intolerant did not hinder my food choice as the chef assured me the meal would be prepared seperate and it was delicious. We will go back and hope for a quieter night.Special Features: