Nunzio Ristorante Rustico
706 Haddon Ave.
Collingswood, NJ 08108Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Nunzio Ristorante Rustico
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nunzios.net/
- Phone: (856) 858-9840
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 2:30pm - 9:30pm,
Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian
- Executive Chef: Nunzio Patruno
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Delivery, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Nunzio can also come to you! On and off premises catering include buffet, formal, business & family style menus & service. Services include dining room & kitchen wait staff as well as a wine steward.
View catering menus on our website and contact the restaurant for more information.
- Entertainment: Nunzio's guests enjoy strolling & shopping in our "Classic Town" Collingswood where year round fairs, restaurant weeks and musical events are sponsored by the Borough of Collingswood. Go to Collingswood.com for new events & entertainment.
- Special Events: Go to www.nunzios.net to read about Nunzio's dining special events and promotions. Enjoy attending special dining events featuring Regional Italian Cuisine, Restaurant Weeks, Cooking Classes and more.
- Cross Street: Collings Avenue
- Public Transit: Guests can ride the Patco Speedline easily from Philadelphia or any New Jersey Patco stop. For ride schedule information go to the Patco website.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: On street parking is available in front of the restaurant on Haddon Avenue & on Atlantic Avenue behind the restaurant.
A word from Nunzio Ristorante Rustico
Savor the flavors of Nunzio's menu featuring "Classic flavors in Fresh Ways" , an Italian menu highlighting Italy's regional cuisines. Nunzio's is known for its homemade pastas, fresh seafood, choice cut meats and their famous specials! Reserve Today!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Nunzio Ristorante Rustico - Best Restaurants in Collingswood ›
Nunzio Ristorante Rustico reviews from OpenTable diners
148 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (95)special occasion (79)fit for foodies (73)good for groups (58)romantic (56)great for lunch (15)hot spot (14)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (6)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (3)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2014I never ate here before. when I made my reservation, I told them it was my husband's birthday. When they called and confirmed they said, it's for your husbands birthday, I said yes. We went for our dinner, they never even acknowledged his birthday. I was a little taken back by that. Usually they put a candle in the desert or something. They never even mentioned the word birthday. The waiter was extremely nice and really made everything great. He is why I would go back. The food was good but it was extremely noisy. Not what I expected. I was expecting a very romantic setting and a lot more quietness. I was a little disappointed.
- jg8162Dined on 11/22/2014needed seasoning throughout all the dishes. other than that great service staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seaonsal delightsWineandDineDined on 11/21/2014I love the fact the specials reflect the seasons, on this night, pumpkin gnocchi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truffle dinner specialtrufflespecialDined on 11/20/2014Delicious menu of truffles blended with different entrees. Entree examples were on bass, on risotto, and pork tenderloin. All dishes tasted great, our waiter Rivera was very attentive, and the owner of restaurant circulated throughout the restaurant asking everyone if everything was okSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/20/2014Nunzio is like no other. You will experience exceptionally prepared food by a master. Each bite enlivens your senses and provides a topic with thoses at your table & the wait staff. Nunzio always appears with a smile and everyone remembers your face and/or name. This restaurant is an experience you will want to return to over & over. LibbySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciosoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014We traveled from Bucks County and it was well worth the trip on a rainy November Saturday night. Everything was excellent! The only negative was finding parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food & AtmospheresherlockDined on 11/9/2014The food was outstanding and the service was top notch. We loved the look of Italy. A wonderful gem.Special Features:
- Great foodTinaGDined on 11/8/2014Nice atmosphere. Food was great except for one dish served. After expressing my dissatisfaction, it was replaced with an excellent dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed!freshgirlVIPDined on 11/7/2014We eat here often and always love everything we order! I have taken many of Nunzio's cooking classes (which includes a trip to the Farmer's Market right in back of the restaurant) where he gets fresh produce from local farmers for class. I admire his dedication to only using the highest quality products in all of his wonderful recipes. Everything is delicious (no need for heavy sauces here). His staff is trained to provide exceptional service and most of them have been there for years. They make everyone feel like part of the family.Special Features:
- Great as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/6/2014Always a great meal and service at Nunzio's. Chef came out and visited every table.Special Features:
- Good but needs refreshingBossladyDined on 11/4/2014I've liked Nunzio's for years, and perhaps that's my problem with them right now. Same menu, same specials, same really uncomfortable dining chairs all these years. Their servers are professional, but previous ones who served our table always made us feel special, or at least interested. When I made the reservation I stated we were celebrating a birthday. There was no acknowledgement by the hostess or server. Even when I eventually mentioned it to the server he just feigned a smile and gave a trite happy birthday. So it wasn't bad, and it wasn't great, it was just tired and ordinary.Special Features:
- Small portions!!NickDined on 11/3/2014Very small portions especially for prices. Everything a la carte. We left hungry! Went home and are cereal!!Special Features:
- huge dissapointment skip it!!!Hope60VIPDined on 11/1/2014food is thrown at you.They could have an hour glass on the table, you are rushed thru the meal. Place is beautiful. Food is awful. tastesless. check out the other places for Italian food in Collingswood. Was highly recommended to Nunzios, will not be going back. Portions on main dishes tiny. I am surprised at the other reviews.
- Always ReliableconnielouVIPDined on 10/31/2014Our lunch would have been great as a dinner: Flavors of pesto and bread to start, portions generous, delicious, and of great quality . Our server was very attentive, professional and friendlySpecial Features:
- Average italianJohnDined on 10/25/2014Our server was very nice and the place is pretty cool looking. The food was served super fast. Portions were kind of small for the price and I found the food good, but really not much more impressive than average.Special Features:
- Food disappointingTonyS23Dined on 10/24/2014Wonderful ambience and service but both pasta and veal over cooked very disappointingSpecial Features:
- Great Italian in CollingswoodRoochmanDined on 10/24/2014We attended a concert in Collingwood recently and were looking for a place to have dinner nearby. I stumbled across Nunzios online and boy am I glad I did. Loved it. I'm second generation Italian American so I've had my share of authentic Italian food. (My maternal grandmother lived with us and had her own kitchen in the basement). The food was excellent and the service superb. The prices are very fair and it's a BYOB so you save money on the wine. All four members of our party agreed that we will go back to Nunzios next time we're in the Collingswood area.Special Features:
- Always a wintjargerVIPDined on 10/23/2014We attended the Winemakers Tuscan dinner- Needless to say Everything was perfect! Prosciutto and Arugula, eggplant lasagna and Veal Bracciole, Meatballs and sausage over light fullfy polenta. Hearty sauce w/o being bitter, sweet tender eggplant; The true test is delivering consistently top notch food on night such as this with a packed house. Home run again Nunzio.Special Features:
- Great FoodmmnewcombDined on 10/23/2014This was our second time at Nunzio's and once again it didn't disappoint. The food was fantastic. There wasn't an empty table in the place and even so the service was still pretty good. It was quite loud when we walked in, but we were sat in the back room so it wasn't as loud as being in the front. But it can be a loud place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantWineandDineDined on 10/18/2014We were seated immediately with our reservation, even though it was very busy. Wait staff was noticeably professional; food was delicious. Nunzio's serves seasonal delights, including, on my visit, pumpkin gnocchis, which were exception. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Hidden gemcupcakeDined on 10/18/2014Beautiful decor-you'll feel like you're in Italy. Food and service was wonderful. Best dessert I've ever eaten! Great that it's a BYOB.Special Features:
- We enjoy dining at Nunzio'sMikeAndSusanDined on 10/16/20142nd visit. Food is excellent. Service attentive. Atmosphere is like eating in an outdoor atrium in Italy. Remember to bring your bottle of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummysupernannyDined on 10/15/2014this was an important night because it was my son's birthday. Everything from the waiter to service was exceptional a wonderful time and good memories for had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food. BYOB!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Great food. Because restaurant is located in dry county, be sure to bring your own wine (beverage - hence BYOB). Restaurant will uncork for you. Interior was great...it was as if you were dining within an Italian village.Special Features:
- Appetizers delicious: Entrees-ehh.TinaDined on 10/11/2014Before I discuss the food, I would like to say the service was excellent. Our waiter was attentive but not too much so, and the presentation and timing was very good. Our food review is mixed. Our two appetizers of grilled octopus and grilled scallops were excellent! They had us salivating for the rest of the meal. However, we were disappointed with the two entrees. The lamb chops were fatty and I ended up eating only about half the meat due to the fat and gristle in the rest. Our pasta bolognese also was nothing special-just some okay fettucine noodles with a ladle-full of meat sauce on top. We could have gotten this at any strip center Italian restaurant. Still, I like this restaurant and would recommend it, but not to true foodies.
- Delicious!SouthJerseyFoodieDined on 10/6/2014I would have loved to have given this gem five stars, but unfortunately the service was rather disappointing. We were one of only three tables in the whole restaurant on a Tuesday night and we barely saw our server. The food though....AMAZING. Their specials were really great and we enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service!klympDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I recently went to Nunzio for our anniversary. The food was wonderful, I had the linguini pescatore and my husband had the meatballs with capellini. We also ended the meal with their signature chocolate souflee cake, highly recommend. But, by far, the best part of our meal was our server Ryan. He went out of his way to make our dining experience amazing. He is the only waiter to EVER tell me the prices of their daily specials. That in itself impressed me. But throughout our meal, he continued to make us feel very welcome and despite the crowded, noisy restaurant, made us feel as if we were his only table. Hands down, one of the best waiters I've ever had and will go back not only for food, but for the stellar service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EpicureVIPDined on 10/4/2014This establishment is lead by one of the best chef's in this region. Nunzio's background and talent's will amaze the most sophisticated diner. Supported by a seasoned and knowledgable staff.Special Features:
- Dependably deliciousnevercookDined on 10/3/2014We have been here numerous times in the past 2 years and have never been disappointed. Fresh whole fish (always available) is wonderful; veal chops or osso bucco great, rack of lamb terrific. Apps are often interesting surprises; lots of fresh and local veggies (read Jersey tomatoes). Desserts are also notable and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth more than one tripmemeDined on 9/27/2014I have been here a few different times, and always have had great service and delicious food.Special Features:
- nunzio's-A true winnerEpicureVIPDined on 9/27/2014Extremely consistent, exceptional food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Good Italian (but BYO)MarkKVIPDined on 9/23/2014Located along a quaint, traditional small town main street, this nice Italian restaurant has several competitors in the same block. The antipasto and calamari appetizers were delicious. My veal saltimbocca was savory, with a brown gravy that was light and flavorful. Great cappuccino.Special Features:
- We keep coming back!luvfoodalotDined on 9/21/2014Lovely dining experience. Great ambiance. Authentic, perfectly cooked Italian food with the freshest ingredients. Buffalo mozzarella appetizer is amazing. Didn't know it was possible to make gnocchi so light and airy. Knowledgeable and personable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- large group partyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014There was a large group party of at least 50 people. However the guests were greeting each other and blocking the aisle. Our table happened to be next to thst aisle and the people were constantly bumping the aisle guests chair. We moved thst person closer to the table but he was uncomfortable. The server notified the manager who casually asked the party to take their seats but to no avail Our server was apologetic but the manager never acknowledged our inconvenience or ask if we wanted to move or complement an appetizer. Fortunately the quality of the food and the server was exceptional so our dinner was not ruined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lee1125VIPDined on 9/19/2014A truly excdellent meal with great food beautifully presented and superb service.Special Features:
- FantasticSofieDined on 9/18/2014This restaurant is on my top 3 favorite ones. The food, ambience and service are always top shelf. The wait staff are engaging and fun and really care about your dining experience. It's like going to a friend's home.Special Features:
- OaksDined on 9/13/2014I enjoyed dinner with a part of six. Everyone ordered one of the specials, and eveyone was very please with their selection. The food, service and atmosphere of the restaurant was very good. I would recommed it to a friend, and will be going back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- September 13,2014Bella17Dined on 9/13/2014We have eaten in many of the restaurants in Collingswood NJ and this was not a disappointment. Loved the food. The wait staff was very attentive and we loved the decor. Romantic and quaint. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restaurantHollyDined on 9/13/2014Nunzios is THE best place around. Everytime we eat there it is even better than the last. Lamb chops are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice RestuarantgourmetamyDined on 9/12/2014This is great for everyday dining. The carpaccio, specials and salads are usually very good. Can be noisy.