Numero 28 Pizzeria Napoletana
176 2nd Avenue
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Numero 28 Pizzeria Napoletana
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.numero28.com/pizzeria_napoletana.html
- Phone: 2127771555
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Delivery, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Numero 28 Pizzeria Napoletana
Welcome to Numero 28 - voted the "Best Pizza in New York" by Citysearch.com readers. We specialize in authentic Neapolitan pizza, baked hot and fast in a brick oven to achieve a not-too-thick, not-to-thin chewy, smoky crust made from a recipe that's been handed down through five generations of pizzaioli (pizza makers). Our one-of-a-kind dough is then stretched into an oblong shape, topped with the freshest ingredients available and sold al metro "by the meter" just like you would find in Italy. To further the authentic Neapolitan dining experience, Numero 28 provides a casual, welcoming atmosphere of heavy wooden tables and whirring ceiling fans. Our friendly staff welcomes both neighborhood regulars and visiting strangers like long-time friends. In addition to our pizza, Numero 28 offers classic Italian dishes such as lasagna, rigatoni alla Bolognese, eggplant parmigiana, homemade tiramisu, and an assortment of antipasti.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Numero 28 Pizzeria Napoletana - Best Restaurants in Demoland ›
Numero 28 Pizzeria Napoletana reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (9)great for outdoor dining (8)good for groups (7)fit for foodies (5)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)special occasion (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)romantic (2)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- silkcityVIPDined on 7/6/2014Simply stated the best pizza in the city. Have been here at least 10 times, and they are consistent-very good!Special Features:
- Pizza is awesomeLaurenVIPDined on 6/28/2014Very good and affordable and decent ambiance. Always has restaurant.com deals too.Special Features:
- Excellent pizzamavda1Dined on 6/19/2014The food was excellent. And the service was good, except they brought out bread without any dipping oil or butter which makes it dry bread. The ambiance was loud and couldn't have a conversation without yelling. Also when we were there, there were kids running around and playing ball. Not sure if they are running a daycare or a restaurant. The staff should have address the situation.Special Features:
- silkcityVIPDined on 6/15/2014what can I say? This place doesn't miss. The pizza is fabulous and don't miss the meatballs. Can't say enough good about this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smart pizzas & friendly serviceAzelanuDined on 6/11/2014Very tasty & cool variety of pizzas.... the diavolo is greatSpecial Features:
- Great dinner, great foodDanaWynDined on 5/31/2014This is one of our favorite neighborhood spots. Lively, the food is always above par. The meatball appetizer followed by a wonderful pizza is always a perfect dinner out. The staff is friendly (totally native Italian) and we are always made to feel welcome and at home.Special Features:
- The following 146 reviews are from the Numero 28 Pizzeria Napoletana reviews archive.
- Always amazing food... ButFeeder1321Dined on 5/17/2014We've eaten here a few times and food is second to none but I will say we had a reservation for 9PM and weren't seated until 10:20PM. No sense in having reservations if you have to wait almost 1.5 hours. The restaurant is extremely noisy and the crowd is very young. At this restaurant, people bring their own wine and even after people are finished eating, they stay to drink their own wine. Pluses of course are top notch food Once they seat you, food comes out fast and everything is fresh. Very reasonable considering the quality of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pizzaLiketoeatVIPDined on 4/25/2014We enjoyed the pizza here. It comes in an oblong shape, and the crust is thin. There was not too much cheese to overpower the other toppings. It's a bit pricey though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great pizza, very slow serviceJGNYCVIPDined on 4/19/2014Had some very nice food, but it took them forever to serve it. We ordered pizza and an appetizer and while the appetizer came out normal fashion, it was almost 40 minutes later when we got our pizza. They probably forgot it. But there was no apology...the staff came off as quite rude as well. It is a shame because it is good food.
- Great - But horrible waitUnhappyCamperVIPDined on 4/18/2014I made a reservation with my friends to go here last Friday night. I've been here a few times, yet, have never had an experience like this before. I usually love it here! Our Reservation was at 9 and the hostess said that she was sorry but they were running behind and it may be another 15 minutes. My friends and I were completely fine with waiting, but after 20 minutes, we decided to check in. The hostess told us she didn't know when we would be sat and that we would be the next table. Five minutes later, she sat another table. To console us, she gave us each a glass of champagne and finally sat us at 9:47. This waws less than ideal. The good news is, the food was great, I just wish they honored their reservations.
- Good pizza, nice ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2014If you're in the neighbourhood, here's a good pizza option. Service was good, though they forgot our starters (was no problem since the pizza was very good and more than enough in the end). Very good tiramisu as well.Special Features:
- A great pizza place in New YorkItalianfoodieDined on 4/4/2014Great pizza and food overall. Good service. Very noisy though, and the wine was a bit too warmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had a great time there,aliceDined on 3/10/2014I had a great time there, intimate even for groups!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing pizza!nycfoodie81Dined on 3/8/2014Went with a group of 8 for birthday celebration. Were able to accommodate us very well. Servers weren't that friendly, but the food more than made up for it. Fresh and delicious ingredients. Pizzas will blow your mind! The buffalo mozzarella is fantastic! It's a little loud and gets very dark as the evening goes on, but was so much fun for a crowd. I would recommend this place to everyone who enjoys pizza and quality Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun and great pizzaezgirlDined on 3/6/2014the food was really good. Pizza that is. service was friendly and nice and a nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great time!CodbearDined on 2/28/2014I visited family and we went to dinner here. Food was awesome and the staff was friendly and gracious. Definitely will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/16/2014Great pizza, pasta, prosciutto, buffalo mozzarella, chianti is good... gnoc and cheese is awesome... I have had almost everything on thr menu and it's all fantastic! Very overcrowded.. make a res early if you don't want to stand around in a tiny hallway with 900 people. . And don't expect your waitress or waiter to keep checking on you if its busy (which it always is)... they're understaffed and they jam too many tables in a tiny space... but thisnisbthe best food around. Prices are ok too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Italian-style pizzas.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/15/2014Amazing Italian-style pizzas. They have other items on the menu, but honestly I can't speak to them because the pizzas are so delicious. It's everything you want from a pizza - comforting, homey, and filling but not heavy. They have a variety of toppings and are very accommodating about adjustments. Also they have my favorite beer ever available: the hard-to-come-by Moretti La Rossa. Cannot recommend it enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great experienceGldngazeDined on 2/15/2014I booked a table for 16 for a birthday party for lunch on a Saturday. Everything was ready when we arrived, the service was great, the food came out quickly, and we didn't feel rushed to free up the tables at any point. I'm a big fan of this place.Special Features:
- Good spot for large groups!AdventurouseaterDined on 2/13/2014I went here for my birthday party on a Thursday night... and there were two other large (10+) groups there for birthdays as well! The food was great, it's good for sharing. Enjoyed their BYOB policy. It was quite loud while I was there, but it added to the ambience of parties. Very happy I chose this place for my birthday dinner.Special Features:
- BEST PIZZA EVERNJDevilsDined on 2/9/2014I have literally tried pizza all over this country. I search out for the "best" thin crust - NYC style pizza. There is NO better pizza then No. 28 Pizza in NYC. Others are close but combine the experience of NYC with Pizza made the way it should be - simple and perfect. Just go and try any of their pizza and then come back and tell me "thank you". :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza at the BarOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/13/2013We decided to sit at the bar and share pizza and wine. The pizza oven out front provided a fun ambience. We've had this pizza several times before and it was as good as ever. Expensive as far as pizza goes (but worth it), with an affordable (but limited) selection of wines by the bottle and glass. Will be back.Special Features:
- Great pizza, even better tiramizuViggaVIPDined on 11/27/2013The pizza is grest, specially the one without red sauce. Great desserts !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites in theMikeDined on 11/10/2013One of our favorites in the East Village. Incredible staff and food.Special Features:
- Good food, but annoying hostessasdfasdVIPDined on 11/2/2013We had a group of 9 and when 5 of us were there we wanted to sit down (people are always running late, especially in NY), but the hostess gave us a really hard time until we promised to start ordering. She was insisting that everyone single person be there. But on the other hand, she let us know that they needed the table at 9:15. If you have a large group, just bully your way to the table or you'll be waiting forever. The pizza is excellent, though. FYI: this restaurant is cash only and has a license for beer and wine only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/30/2013We liked this place a lot. The food was delicious. The only problem was it was an oven in there. And when we got there it was empty. It felt the the heat was cranked up too high. Also, don't forget that they are cash only. I did and had to run to a nearby ATM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotRichieSalsDined on 10/21/2013Great spot for a quick dinner. The pizza is excellent, as are all the appetizers. I haven't had any of the entrees but I imagine they'd be just as good. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delicious but too popular!alisonoDined on 10/19/2013We came here in a group of 4- 2 couples. We had a reservation, but there was some trouble finding us a decent table. It's a busy place, so these things happen. The pear salad is always a favorite of mine. This time we got a large pizza for 3 of us, half with pumpkin and prosciutto and half DOC. The pasta is good here too! Everything is a little pricey, but delicious. I just wish service was better, but Saturday nights are busy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatJackson10Dined on 10/11/2013Pizza is as good as it looks in the reviews. Fun, young crowd. Cool, older "authentic" space. The servers were young, attractive Italians- helpful with nice accents!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!!!YvonneDined on 10/2/2013Been there several times. Pizza/flat breads don't know what they call them but they are delicious. Their signature one is my FAVORITE but they are all GOOD!!! Wine list is good too. They do have other food but I like pizza!!! Definitely recommend!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy the dishes, pizzaHappyVIPDined on 8/23/2013Always enjoy the dishes, pizza and the wonderful wait staff!!!
- I"ve been here at least 4silkcityVIPDined on 8/11/2013I"ve been here at least 4 times and I still maintain this is the best pizza in the City. If you are a pizza aficionado then this place is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- how do they do it ;)nikkiDined on 8/2/2013The pizza is AMAZING - I said to my friend , "how do they do it?" its so yummy .. the last time I had pizza this good I was in Italy - the location is perfect- the inside has a lot of character and charm. This is at least the 5th time I have dined here. the staff is friendly and attentive. - I do wish they had a cocktail selection. (they serve only beer and wine)Special Features:
- GoodKiddeDined on 7/23/2013But i guess my expectations where too high. Like the idea with sharing the pizza even though you have two different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- authentic italianFOODIEDined on 7/15/2013A little out of the way from tourist areas but worth the cab ride. Authentic Italian food (this is someone from an Italian background saying this). Pizza selection is very different and all are cooked to perfection. Pasta was really good too. Real Italians working there so you know it is the real thing. Would highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a wonderful experience.HappyVIPDined on 7/5/2013Always a wonderful experience. Food is always fresh and deliciousSpecial Features:
- Our favorite Neapolitan pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/27/2013Our favorite Neapolitan pizza in the city. Always consistent, always delicious!Special Features:
- DinnerPugglesVIPDined on 6/16/2013Food was delicious!! The only problem was that they sat us at the worst table for 4 eventhough we asked for the empty table that was more private. They said they needed to save that table but however, it was empty the whole time we were there. That was annoying.Special Features:
- Our favorite pizza in NYC!kmietVIPDined on 5/8/2013We LOVE this place. We have been frequenting this gem since we moved here last July. We take visitors here for "the best pizza in NYC." Everyone loves it. Our menu favorites: caprese salad (with real buffalo mozzarella) and 18in pizza split for each of our favorites - diavola and d.o.c. The service is always amazing! I recently tried the pear salad (eh, not my favorite) and rustica pizza. Rustica was awesome! I may have a new favorite! Also, they are on Scoutmob right now! Quite a deal! Enjoy!Special Features:
- I've been to Numero 28 andOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/3/2013I've been to Numero 28 and always have a great time - the food is delicious and the service is friendly. However, I felt like this time they rushed us out. We hadn't even finished our bottle of wine and the wait staff was hovering. There was a line of people waiting for tables but there was only 2 of us and we had a reservation. I would go back again and hopefully, we wouldn't be rushed out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.