Galveston, TX 77554Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.number13steak.com/
- Phone: 4095722650x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday: 11:00am-2:30pm
Dinner:Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chris Loftis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Kris Harrup x
- Entertainment: We have live entertainment on most weekends. Call for the schedule of events.
A word from number 13
Welcome to Number 13 the only true Prime Steak and Seafood restaurant on Galveston Island. We pride ourselves on using local businesses to provide our ingredients and supplies and always use the freshest ingredients available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
number 13 - Best Restaurants in Galveston ›
number 13 reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (39)special occasion (31)fit for foodies (21)notable wine list (18)romantic (18)great for outdoor dining (17)good for groups (10)neighborhood gem (9)vibrant bar scene (9)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014We ate here for our first time this past Friday for our anniversary. Our waitress, Courtney, was amazing. The food was tasty and had great presentation. I think it is pretty pricey compared to some fine Houston establishments.Special Features:
- DISAPPOINTING DINNERalwaysreadytodinefineDined on 10/11/2014This restaurant was a big disappointment from what we were expecting from several reviews. The drinks were not good. The Manhatten was a pale yellow and only half filled the Manhatten glass. The speciality drinks we ordered tasted like lemonade. The prices were very high and everything was ala carte. 50 dollars for a steak and they could not throw in a potatoe or sauté vegetable or a salad. They overcooked the expensive steak. The snapper tasted good but nothing unusual. The pork chop was the best of the bunch but also nothing unusual. The bread was the high point of the dinner and it was great. The place reminded me of what my Dad use to call, a "clip joint" and I felt we were fleeced.
- Great food and service!!!RuthmarieDined on 9/27/2014Some friends and myself went for dinner last Saturday. A beautiful restaurant with great food. We had the fried quail appetizer and an heirloom tomato salad was so light and perfectly dressed. The popovers were delicious. We also had raw oysters that were really good. Can't wait to go back and try some more things. The lobster and burrata is next on my list !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lc2ccDined on 9/27/2014First time was for brunch, great experience . Last Saturday evening, service was less than acceptable.Special Features:
- Mediocre food at best.barry9906Dined on 9/20/2014Snapper a bit overcooked. Dry. Side of mashed potatoes good. Onion rings major disappointment. So much breading that each individual ring tasted like an onion wrapped in a piece of Mrs. Bairds white bread. No crunch at all. Best compliment goes to our server. She was pleasant beyond reproach, and attentive enough to make the service on par with the prices. No easy task in Galveston.Special Features:
- Really lacking...OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/14/2014The waffle on the menu said apple butter, candied pecans and cocoa whipped cream...only whipped cream appeared on both orders. Over-easy eggs on the duck confit were cooked solid all the way through, like having hard boiled eggs on top...over-easy eggs on dad's breakfast were also cooked solid all the way through the yolk and the hashbrowns were white and tasted of uncooked potato. We were the first table too...kitchen doesn't give a rip about quality on the hot side. On the cold side...the oysters on the halfshell were delcious, but weren't seperated from the bottom shell so we had to dig them out...the steak carpaccio was the best thing we ordered, it was awesome.Special Features:
- DINING EXPERIENCEGNJ1Dined on 9/10/2014WE WERE SEATED ON TIME, THE SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT, FOOD WAS GOOD AND PRICES WERE ON THE HIGH SIDE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice new restaurant in GalvestonHighExpectationsDined on 8/30/2014Great new location especially for those off the island. Across Offatts Bayou from Moody Gardens off 45. Upscale eatery with pleasant ambience and a great water view. Excellent quality food and great service although expensive. Bar drinks were superb as we're the appetizers (fried oysters and a lobster/prosciutto cold dish). Wanted to try the steaks but the bar tab was too high to select an expensive steak too. We settled for a couple of prime burgers which were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Fantastic food and great wine list. Superior ambiance in a great setting with a wonderful water front view of a beautiful marina. Superior service with timely but non intrusive waitstaff.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/26/2014Recent menu changes are welcome but still 20-30% over-priced compared to best area restaurants and some portions are very small
- Genine, Jersey Cape YachtsGigijrzcapeDined on 8/24/2014Only a couple of diners on Sunday evening at 8 pm which concerned us a bit. The service was good and the food on steaks cooked as we asked. If we're ever in Texas again, we'll stop on for lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't go back.ItismeDined on 8/23/2014While the service was great, everything else was not. Tried to order 3 different bottles of wine, that were on the wine list, and they were out of all of them. Portion sizes were crazy small while the prices were outrageous. Overall the food taste was ok but, definitely not worth the price. Views were nice though.Special Features:
- ChelseaVIPDined on 8/20/2014Second time there..We love it..will go back...The fish taco's and mussel's are wonderful.Special Features:
- DecentoniaiDined on 8/17/2014good place for fine dinning; but not great this past Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious...pbcuzDined on 8/16/2014Definitely an excellent steak house with scenic view. 10oz strip...$82?? We stuck with the very fresh and delicious seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu promising but food disappointsHoustonFoodieVIPDined on 8/16/2014Menu is promising but food very disappointing. Tuna tartar was tasteless and not fresh. The lobster and burrata was not fresh and the lobster was not edible. The steaks were blandly seasoned. The $50+ steaks were not of high quality and were not properly prepared. Drinks were well made and sides of mushrooms and spinach were good. Noisy dining room.Special Features:
- What happened????OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/10/2014We've been to #13 several times - all exceptional experiences! However, this Sunday, we dined for brunch (limited menu) and after placing our order, I was later informed the kitchen had actually run out of lobster for lobster roll. My second choice, Shrimp Cocktail, was also shot down 20 minutes after placing the order, when the waiter came back to deliver the news that the kitchen was now also out of cocktail shrimp! So, let me get this straight - a seafood restaurant is out of it's key ingredients: lobster and shrimp! Wait staff was not informed and customer not informed until after placing 2 orders. Additionally, famous pop-overs were undercooked. As a result were wet and chewy; service very slow. Wine & Beer arrived well after entrees.
- Will be backpkjoinerDined on 8/9/2014Not the first time there but always enjoy number 13: love that we have a resturant on the water!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bayou Beauty!Lucky13Dined on 8/7/2014Fantastic new place on the Bayou. All around first class facility. Management's focus on service and fine dining is apparent all throughout the restaurant. Fabulous bar areas both inside and out provide a relaxed yet vibrant cocktail hour with family and friends. Beautifully appointed restaurant with wonderful bay views make for an enjoyable dining experience enjoying perfectly prepared dishes. The best on the island.Special Features:
- WayneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014We had dinner at Number 13 and found it to be a wonderful restaurant. The view across the bay was nice and the food and service were excellent. I would say the Quail appetizer is the best quail I have ever had. The staff was very nice and accommodating. This waterfront gem is a rare find and we will certainly return. WayneSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable EveningJim32887Dined on 8/3/2014My wife and I planned a trip to Galveston and found Number 13 on line. We were very impressed with the quality of the food, the atmosphere and service. It was an enjoyable evening that we'll remember. From our arrival where we were seated promptly with a water view that had been requested at time of reservation. We were then provided warm towels in preparation for our dining experience. The server was attentive by keeping up with our water glasses, asking if another round from the bar might be needed and did so without being the hovering kind of server. The timing on the courses was spot on as we had adaquate time to converse during the evening, enjoy the views and we were never rushed.All in all, I would highly recommend Number 13!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once in a LifetimeSusielovestravelingDined on 8/2/2014It was my husband's 59th birthday coming up and he suggested that we forego presents and I take him on a trip instead. Galveston came to mind and I used Trip Advisor and Open Table to find "number 13". It was truly awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodJanandAlanDined on 8/2/2014The ambiance, atmosphere and food were excellent. The salad was very fresh and the portions were quite large. The 8 oz. prime filet was fabulous. One of the best I have ever had. The redfish was delicious, moist and tender with a wonderful marinade. Whipped potatoes were wonderful. Our waiter complemented the dinner with a peach apple croissant with ice cream for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location a class serviceMrg48Dined on 8/1/2014The food, while good not worth the price. The service was superb, the atmosphere in keeping with the service and the casual dress code mirrors waterside eateries frequented by yachtsmen and fishermen all over the Coasts of the US.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreTonetone77Dined on 7/26/2014The restaurant is beautiful with lovely decor. But the quality/taste of food does not warrant the prices. I've had MUCH before food elsewhere. The server was great but we did have to ask for water refills twice. If you want the quality, go to Killen's in Pearland.
- ChelseaVIPDined on 7/26/2014We went for lunch and loved it...Would go back...Welcome to Galveston...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/24/2014Menu is too narrow and eclectic, portions are small, very over-pricedSpecial Features:
- maccccDined on 7/23/2014excellent all around.sesonal + local, service outstanding. then there's the view, thought we were@ the yacht club.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very dissappointingDHK123VIPDined on 7/23/201413 is very inviting; the ambiance is very nice. The service is very slow. Food was average at best and was overpriced. Wine was way overpriced, even for an upscale restaurant. We ordered a bottle of mid-range priced white wine. The bartender mistakenly brought a bottle of red by the same winery. He did not realize the mistake until he poured a taste for us. He apologized, put the cork in the bottle, set it aside and returned with the correct bottle. Shortly thereafter, the manager took the opened bottle of red to the couple next to us and said that it was a great bottle that they would love. He talked them into buying the wine and feigned opening it with a corkscrew. Don't know for a fact, but he probably charged the full fare.
- Give it a trytvhoustonVIPDined on 7/20/2014I wold say give it a try. Still needs a bit of work when it comes with the cooking. Steak not cooked as ordered. Cheeseburger came with sliced potato. The menu states pommes frites. Was not pommes frites! I would return for drinks and the amazing quail from appetizer menu. Quentin, our waiter was very nice and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningScottlynDined on 7/12/2014This is our third time dining at Number 13 and love this restaurant! McKensie has been our waitress each time and she is awesome!! The dry aged tenderloin is fantastic!!Special Features:
- DisappointedTyke34Dined on 7/12/2014They over cooked our steaks twice and then charged us for twice the amount of food. It was taken care of but for that price the food and service should be great. I could do it better at home.
- Experience always excellentLlistDined on 7/9/2014From the food to the view to the service, Number 13 does not disappoint. I have had brunch, lunch and dinner here and the experience has always been excellent. The food is exceptional with good flavors and presentation. The wine selection is very good and covers all price points. The service is very professional and you do not feel rushed to turn over the table. Midweek lunch usually doesn't need a reservation, but weekend brunch and dinners need reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing in every way!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014MacKenzie was an awesome waitress: very knowledgeable and attentive with our selections and always there to see if we needed anything! :) The presentation of the food and wine were top notch! The steak and the salmon were to die for and then the chocolate puff of cake or is it pudding? Or is it cake? Who cares when it is warm and just the right amount of sweet to satisfy anyone's sweet tooth at the end of a fabulous meal. Thank you to the chef and the manager that both came and checked on our table just to say hello! :) We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NeverAgainDined on 7/4/2014Went there for the 4th of July happy hour, (started at 8. We stayed till the fireworks at 9:30). Ordered a couple of Margaritas each and had the sliders and the tacos. Drinks were average. The sliders were one each order & very salty, sort of dry - no juice, and the Tacos were terrible. I can't remember any worse tacos in my whole life. I used to laugh at Ta___ Bel__. This is even below that. However the inside area where they seated us at the beginning looked really nice. Then they told us that we had to sit outside with the mosquitoes if we wanted the happy hour food.Special Features:
- summer diningJohnDined on 7/4/2014Number 13 was truly one of my favorite places. Really love the food and the wait staff. Why I will not be going back till the winter is that they do not have adiquate A/C. The place is just to hot during the summer.Special Features:
- The following 98 reviews are from the number 13 reviews archive.
- Anniversary DinnerJillDined on 6/29/2014My husband and I went here for our wedding anniversary, and every single thing was fantastic! The drinks, appetizer, meals, and desserts went above our expectations! Our waiter (Bryce) answered every question we had about the menu perfectly and even had our dessert taken off for our anniversary! Best meal and experience we have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/21/2014Good but over priced and limited menu, nice bar menu, nice viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting better but...ohyeaVIPDined on 6/14/2014This visit was a big improvement over the last one. Dry aged strip was very good. Redfish just OK. Service was adequate but still does not match the prices and what this place is trying to be - had to ask for bread, they couldn't find a pepper mill, etc. Number 13 is at a crossroads in my opinion. They either need to really ramp up service and install a dress code to match their exisiting prices or lower their prices and remain where they are. I don't think Galvestonians want another stuffy restaurant but allowing folks in wearing bathing suits and flip flops while I'm trying to endjoy a $300 meal for two is a disconnect.
- Number 13 is LuckyD2foodiesDined on 6/13/2014My husband and I are foodies from Galveston. We enjoy good food, good service, and friendly atmosphere. We have been to Number 13 4 times and have enjoyed every visit. The service is excellent and our waitress made us feel welcome. The food is outstanding. The restaurant is great for a lazy Sunday brunch or romantic date night meal. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.