Nugent's Firegrille Restaurant
12015 Scripps Highland Dr
San Diego, CA 92131Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Nugent's Firegrille Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fishgrille.com/
- Phone: 8585663474
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm Saturday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Ron Nugent
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Famous Clambakes, Outdoor Seafood Feasts & Bar-B-Ques. We will personalize any menu to suit your needs.
A word from Nugent's Firegrille Restaurant
We specialize in fresh seafood from around the world. Over the years we have added some wonderful traditional and a few comfort foods. We pride ourselves on family friendly food and service while providing a bit of sophistication to our atmosphere. Our bar/lounge has a lot to offer the traveler as well as the local crowd for a relaxing spot to unwind.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nugent's Firegrille Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Nugents is NiceStevoskiVIPDined on 10/5/2012Started with steamers..very well done and lots of broth for sopping up with the decent enough bread, 6-8 slices of a small baguette. The wife had the artichoke;spinach;cheese dip which came with yes..more bread, same as the other BUT coated nicely with butter and garlic and I believe a few bits of pimento. Seriously addictive dip, and a huge portion. We then had the crab cake special, which was 99% lump crabmeat very well executed nicely plated. I had a 6oz. filet med-rare cooked to perfection seasoned nicely. The asparagus was grilled and also seasoned quite well. The only real negative we could find was Restaurant Impossible would be great to come in and re-decorate!(No need to mess with the food though!)Cracked and dingy booths.Special Features:
- Love this restaurant ! GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2012Love this restaurant ! Good food and the service is excellent . Staff is very friendly.
- As always, good food and servicezipporahVIPDined on 9/22/2012We had a little issue getting our table. We opted to sit on the patio, where they needed to make up a table. The hostess got overwhelmed with new parties coming in and lost us in the confusion, seating several other parties first. Once they worked that out, the food and service met the standard of quality that we have come to expect from Nugent's.
- The food is always stellar.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/19/2012The food is always stellar. The service not so much, but keep making the great cedar plank salmon and I will keep coming back - about 1-2 times a month! Great location, too.Special Features:
- Nugent's is Outstanding !OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2012Awesome restaurant! Super friendly staff! Very Attentive to customers. Food was delicious!Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Very solid choice, but veryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2012Very solid choice, but very casual. Small dining area and large seating area in bar.Special Features:
- We made a late reservationDinendine4Dined on 9/4/2012We made a late reservation for an 8:30om dinner with a couple friends and apparently the kitchen closes at 9 which we didn't know when we made the reservations. This, however, didn't affect our dinner whatsoever. The waitress was very nice and everything we ordered came out very quickly. The food was very tasty, no complaints here.Special Features:
- The cedar plank salmon wasboobooDined on 9/1/2012The cedar plank salmon was great! The AC wasn't working which created a bit of an issue. We were lucky to sit in an area that was much cooler than most of the dining area. The noise from the I-15 freeway makes the outdoor seating area much less desireable.Special Features:
- Food wasn't bad, there justtigger2tfnDined on 8/26/2012Food wasn't bad, there just wasn't anything remarkable about it. Decent value, there are just better places in the same price range.
- Great little place that'sGazan869Dined on 8/1/2012Great little place that's kind of hidden from the main road. Staff was very friendly and attentive. Food was excellent. We sat in the bar area so it was a little noisy but not overly so. We were able to carry on a conversation without any trouble. Take the time to have a meal here, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- This is was our first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/21/2012This is was our first visit to their new location, since they moved from their previous location on Carmel Valley Road near the ocean. We always enjoyed the old location, but never chose to drive the extra miles to the new location. While I would prefer to limit my dining to Del Mar/Carmel Valley area, I will now definitely to "out of my way" to dine at the "new" Nugent's in the future. They have a great menu, great service, and very reasonable prices.
- Service/food delivery prettysmeredithsVIPDined on 6/16/2012Service/food delivery pretty slow. Restaurant wasn't too busy, so not sure what the delay was for. Food was good, so we'll be back.
- It was unexpectedly good.KennVIPDined on 6/2/2012It was unexpectedly good. They had a little problem with being so heavily booked but managed okay and were very apolgetic about the inconvenience.
- We go to Nugent's regularly.zipporahVIPDined on 4/28/2012We go to Nugent's regularly. Food and service are generally quite good.
- really wanted to like this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/10/2012I wanted to like this place. The service was terrible. The food was mediocre at best. Nothing special about this place. The only thing I liked was the shrimp bisque - and I am pretty confident they padded their crab cake with shrimp..there was barely any blue crab in that thing! And def. not enough seasoning. I've been to Maryland and have had authentic east coast style blue crab cakes - these are NOTHING close. I felt betrayed by the food and the prices.Special Features:
- The food was really good.mikeDined on 3/31/2012The food was really good. Service was attentive. Kid's meal was also good.Special Features:
- Decent neighborhood spotOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/30/2012Located between hotels off highway 15, the restaurant is very good and trying to be upscale. Yet, the seating needs some updating. The food is good, but not to the standard one would expect of a face the ownership is attempting to portrait, worth a lunch or dinner visit. The pricing a little high for the food and service. Worth 3.5 of 5 stars.Special Features: