NSB Bar and Grill
8649 N Port Washington Rd
Fox Point, WI 53217Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
NSB Bar and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nsbbarandgrill.com/
- Phone: (414) 351-6100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dan Leuders
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full catering services available.
- Entertainment: Every Thursday, acoustic nights with Kyle Feerick!
A word from NSB Bar and Grill
Neighborhood gem, eclectic menu, excellent happy hour, and a casual dining experience with a beautiful patio setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
NSB Bar and Grill - Best Restaurants in Fox Point ›
NSB Bar and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (43)great for outdoor dining (26)great for lunch (20)fit for foodies (16)special occasion (9)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (5)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (2)romantic (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- as expectedhappybakerVIPDined on 11/21/2014NSB Grill is nothing if not reliable. The menu hasn't changed much in years, and you really can't go wrong with their burgers and salads. I don't know why I venture out into their entree menu, as I almost always regret it. The salmon was well prepared and had it not been for the excess salt, I would have given it high praise. I could actually taste the grains of salt under my teeth...not good. Otherwise, nice late night choice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood favoritehappyVIPDined on 11/21/2014I enjoy the food, service and how close it is to my home. Decided the last minute to run out and enjoy the scallop salad which is a favorite of mine. Also, excellent rolls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent food and Predictable experienceTobbaVIPDined on 11/21/2014Going to NSB you know exactly what to expect. Menu rarely changes, food is very good and the atmosphere comfortable. If you go with someone who wants to pay their own bill - good luck as they refuse to issue separate checks - very inconvenient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood favoritehappyVIPDined on 11/13/2014Relaxed atmosphere, great food, good service and close to home. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, lousy serviceWeezieDined on 11/8/201410 minutes after ordering drinks the server came to take our order. She forgot the drinks and got them only after taking our meal orders. She stood and only wrote what we said not guiding us through. We had to field any questions ourselves. We ordered main dinner courses and salads. Another 20 minutes and when food arrived it was our main courses and salads together (had to track down dressing later). The server said this is how its done at NSB and this was confirmed when we spoke to the manager. We asked why this information wasn't on the menu or told to us by the server, and there was no answer. We were offered a refund on some items but that never appeared on the final check. Will never go back even tho the food is outstanding.Special Features:
- NSBOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014The staff was delightful. Unfortunately the food was up and down. More down than up actually. For the cost it should have beed outstanding. We had the Steak Frite and Scallop salad, with Calamari for a starter and Baileys Cake for dessert. The steak frite was good. The scallops were cooked beautifully but the salad was mostly chopped lettuce with seemingly no dressing. The Calamari was very good. The Bailey's cake tasted like refrigerator. On the upside, the wait staff was wonderful. Not intrusive and attentive.
- Continuously GoodDancerDined on 11/7/2014The wait staff is always friendly. Good variety of food at good prices. Easy relaxed atmosphere. Good parking available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- milwaukee fish fryfishfryreduxDined on 11/7/2014my wife and i have been here many times--we met my cousin and his wife here friday from alabama-- former milwaukee residents who had often gone out with his mother for fish fries-- for a Milwaukee fish fry--all enjoyed their meal--two had traditional fry, there were several other seafood dishes, which was to our liking. Service was not especially good--not so attentive and took a long time getting back to our table for occasional service (water, wine, etc.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood favoritehappyVIPDined on 10/29/2014Good food, friendly staff, comfortable atmosphere and close to my house. It's great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Choice for DiningDancerDined on 10/29/2014Consistantly good food at fair prices. Variety of food choices to satisfy all guests wiether they choose a light snack or full mealSpecial Features:
- NatashaDined on 10/25/2014This is a great spot for people living in the North Shore area. Food is consistently good, with the occasional outstanding dish thrown in. Service is terrific; it is an nice place to have a good glass of wine and dinner with your spouse or with a small group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvgoodfoodVIPDined on 10/24/2014Love your fresh fish. Wish we didn't have to ask for rolls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prom night partylatenightersVIPDined on 10/11/2014Our kids picked it for dinner knowing the parents enjoy it. They were rewarded with an early fun night before the danceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MardiVIPDined on 10/11/2014We enjoyed your 'new' list for background music! The earlier hours of Saturday evening are certainly appropriate for early '40s great bands.Special Features:
- Neighborhood favoritehappyVIPDined on 9/27/2014NSB is close by, has great food, a good atmosphere and is a quick and easy place to go at the last minute.Special Features:
- ALWAYS DELICIOUSelizabethVIPDined on 9/18/2014NO MATTER WHAT I ORDER IT IS A VERY GOOD SELECTION AND FRIENDLY ATMOSPHERE. LIKE THE LIVE THURSDAY MUSIC! LOVELY.Special Features:
- ALWAYS GOOD FOOD!elizabethVIPDined on 9/11/2014ALWAYS A SPECAIL REQUEST! A BOOTH AND WE DID GET ONE! ALWAYS ENJOY THE LUNCH OR DINNER AND ENJOY SEEING FRIENDLY PEOPLE WE KNOW.........COMBO PLAYING WAS WONDERFUL.....THANK YOU, ELIZABETHSpecial Features:
- Great neighborhood restaurantTrudyVIPDined on 9/11/2014Dine here often and the food is very good! Service may be slow once in a while but is generally good too.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2014We went on Labor Day and were glad to find one of the few restaurants open on the holiday. It was a mistake - I think their regular chef was on vacation. The dinner was disappointing. I had a mediocre dinner salad, and my husband said his fish did not taste fresh. My son enjoyed his sandwich, but the waffle fries were terrible. To their credit, I will say that the portions were generous, and the service was very good. The restaurant has a much nicer ambience than I remembered - a more elegant place than you would expect in that setting. But that does not make up for lackluster food. I'm not sure whether we will give it one more shot, but if so it would be on a normal night, rather than a holiday.Special Features:
- NSB Saturday eveningMilwaukeeHowardVIPDined on 8/23/2014Good wine, beet salad and veggie burger served as a nice prelude to Woody Allen's latest film. Quiet ambience, good service.Special Features:
- Best Brandy AlexanderpjdevittVIPDined on 8/8/2014This place has the best ice cream desserts. Do not try to go it alone, they are much too big.Special Features:
- pleasant experienceEnjoyerofFoodDined on 8/3/2014We had a good dinner and the ambiance was fine for a Sunday evening. However, we felt out of place age-wise.Special Features:
- Convenient and relaxinghappyVIPDined on 7/31/2014The food is consistently good. It's a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 210 reviews are from the NSB Bar and Grill reviews archive.
- Love the Scallop SaladhappyVIPDined on 7/31/2014I love coming in for your Scallop Salad. It's the greatest!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening outside dinnerTobbaVIPDined on 7/18/2014We each got a salad: Beet salad and beef salad. The beet salad was delicious, but the beef salad was tough.....cooked to specification, but definitely tasted like a lower cut of beef. The drinks were made to perfection and the wait staff was very attentive. The prices are reasonable for a neighborhood restaurant and the outside seating is comfortable with umbrellas for the sun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hard to make a choicejetblattDined on 7/16/2014As always had a delightful meal starting withone of the cocktails from the $5 menu. Then comes the hard choice because they have so many really good meals but I chose the the black and bleu burger and it was fabulous. Great dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeGlendaleDined on 7/11/2014The ribs and shrimp were great, as was the fish fry. My daughter didn't like the dressing on the ceasar salad and didn't finish it. Scallops were a little lacking in flavor. The service was great, drinks were good. Plan to come again because it is so convenient to the North Shore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elizabethVIPDined on 7/10/2014love it at NSB........always good food and lots of people we know..eSpecial Features:
- Good food, nice serviceElHenDined on 7/9/2014I chose this restaurant because I would have the option of dining indoors or outdoors. We dined outdoors. I had the french-kissed burger. I rarely eat meat but I was glad I did. The only reason I did not eat it all was that the portion size was large for me. The side salad with it was very fresh. The waiter was attentive but not overwhelmind.Special Features:
- nice placeDorkyVIPDined on 7/8/2014had nice experience; waiter let us take our time with choosing from menu; only negative was my scallops crunchy with sand not all scrubbed off, otherwise well preparedSpecial Features:
- reliablejetblattDined on 6/18/2014NSB is always great..the food is great..good value and just a pleasant place to meet friend s for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeluvlunchDined on 6/9/2014The wait staff was excellent and the food was really very good. The noise level is a bit high if you wish to have any sort of lunch meeting but overall it was a good experience. I would recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great optionTortugitaDined on 5/30/2014NSB is the perfect outdoor option - excellent food, moderate price range and casualSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyhappyVIPDined on 5/27/2014I love the scallop salad as well as the comfort of the restuarant and the proximity to my home. Everyone is helpful and on top of things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently dependable foodTobbaVIPDined on 5/23/2014Always great food - wonderful salad choices and the best burger in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightcommonsewerDined on 5/21/2014Met with friends from out of town, had not seen for 4 yrs and we sat and talked & laughed until closing. No one rushed us, and the dinner was very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014always have a great meal at North Shore Bistro. Friendly servers, get food out fastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014The service at NSB was terrific..not hovering but we always had attention when needed. The salads we ordered were delicious, and not overdone. Great place for a lunch meeting if you are on the north side!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the musiciannew2baysideDined on 5/8/2014Providing soft vocals and guitar were a pleasant surprise on a Thursday evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/26/2014Food was excellent. Loved the gluten free options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.