NSB Bar and Grill
8649 N Port Washington Rd
Fox Point, WI 53217Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
NSB Bar and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nsbbarandgrill.com/
- Phone: 4143516100x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dan Leuders
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full catering services available.
- Entertainment: Every Thursday, acoustic nights with Kyle Feerick!
A word from NSB Bar and Grill
Neighborhood gem, eclectic menu, excellent happy hour, and a casual dining experience with a beautiful patio setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
NSB Bar and Grill - Best Restaurants in Fox Point ›
NSB Bar and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (44)great for outdoor dining (30)great for lunch (22)fit for foodies (15)special occasion (8)late-night find (6)good for groups (6)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (5)romantic (3)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (1)Show More
- NSB Saturday eveningMilwaukeeHowardVIPDined on 8/23/2014Good wine, beet salad and veggie burger served as a nice prelude to Woody Allen's latest film. Quiet ambience, good service.Special Features:
- Best Brandy AlexanderpjdevittDined on 8/8/2014This place has the best ice cream desserts. Do not try to go it alone, they are much too big.Special Features:
- pleasant experienceEnjoyerofFoodDined on 8/3/2014We had a good dinner and the ambiance was fine for a Sunday evening. However, we felt out of place age-wise.Special Features:
- Convenient and relaxinghappyDined on 7/31/2014The food is consistently good. It's a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Scallop SaladhappyDined on 7/31/2014I love coming in for your Scallop Salad. It's the greatest!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening outside dinnerTobbaVIPDined on 7/18/2014We each got a salad: Beet salad and beef salad. The beet salad was delicious, but the beef salad was tough.....cooked to specification, but definitely tasted like a lower cut of beef. The drinks were made to perfection and the wait staff was very attentive. The prices are reasonable for a neighborhood restaurant and the outside seating is comfortable with umbrellas for the sun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hard to make a choicejetblattDined on 7/16/2014As always had a delightful meal starting withone of the cocktails from the $5 menu. Then comes the hard choice because they have so many really good meals but I chose the the black and bleu burger and it was fabulous. Great dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeGlendaleDined on 7/11/2014The ribs and shrimp were great, as was the fish fry. My daughter didn't like the dressing on the ceasar salad and didn't finish it. Scallops were a little lacking in flavor. The service was great, drinks were good. Plan to come again because it is so convenient to the North Shore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elizabethVIPDined on 7/10/2014love it at NSB........always good food and lots of people we know..eSpecial Features:
- Good food, nice serviceElHenDined on 7/9/2014I chose this restaurant because I would have the option of dining indoors or outdoors. We dined outdoors. I had the french-kissed burger. I rarely eat meat but I was glad I did. The only reason I did not eat it all was that the portion size was large for me. The side salad with it was very fresh. The waiter was attentive but not overwhelmind.Special Features:
- nice placeDorkyDined on 7/8/2014had nice experience; waiter let us take our time with choosing from menu; only negative was my scallops crunchy with sand not all scrubbed off, otherwise well preparedSpecial Features:
- reliablejetblattDined on 6/18/2014NSB is always great..the food is great..good value and just a pleasant place to meet friend s for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeluvlunchDined on 6/9/2014The wait staff was excellent and the food was really very good. The noise level is a bit high if you wish to have any sort of lunch meeting but overall it was a good experience. I would recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great optionTortugitaDined on 5/30/2014NSB is the perfect outdoor option - excellent food, moderate price range and casualSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyhappyDined on 5/27/2014I love the scallop salad as well as the comfort of the restuarant and the proximity to my home. Everyone is helpful and on top of things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently dependable foodTobbaVIPDined on 5/23/2014Always great food - wonderful salad choices and the best burger in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightcommonsewerDined on 5/21/2014Met with friends from out of town, had not seen for 4 yrs and we sat and talked & laughed until closing. No one rushed us, and the dinner was very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014always have a great meal at North Shore Bistro. Friendly servers, get food out fastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014The service at NSB was terrific..not hovering but we always had attention when needed. The salads we ordered were delicious, and not overdone. Great place for a lunch meeting if you are on the north side!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the musiciannew2baysideDined on 5/8/2014Providing soft vocals and guitar were a pleasant surprise on a Thursday evening.Special Features:
- The following 194 reviews are from the NSB Bar and Grill reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/26/2014Food was excellent. Loved the gluten free options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happyhappyDined on 4/26/2014We went with another couple. Had a great waiter. All the food was excellent and we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Fish Fry on FridayTrudyVIPDined on 4/18/2014Have been here many times and always enjoy the fish fry on Fridays.Special Features:
- NSBGailDined on 4/14/2014had a nice time, food was pretty tasty. Could have used a few more selections, as there were a lot of seafood choices but not too much for carnivoirs. Nice anc cozy and we didn't have to yell. I like quiet restaurants! great atmosphere and really good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute but a great pick!jimestenDined on 4/11/2014We were a little later than usual getting out the door for what we knew would have to be a fairly quick turnaround Friday evening dinner. NSB happened both to take a last minute reservation and was on the way to somewhere we need to be later. We hadn't been there for many years but what a great re-discovery! Service was thorough and prompt. Food was wonderful. We'll definitely keep this one on the list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencehappyDined on 4/5/2014NSB is close in the neighborhood, easy access and parking and great food. The menu is varied and the staff is friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/28/2014Food was great, but service was terribly slow and we weren't exactly sure why because there were only about 6 other tables in the restaurant.
- a little bumpyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014Food is always great. Nice bar atmosphere. Ice cream drinks are huge and delicious. Last time we were there, as our server walked by to wait on other tables, he bumped into our table no less than 6 times. Sometimes he apologized, sometimes he didn't. We even moved it a couple of times, to no avail. Luckily, our red wine didn't spill. It was quite comical after a while. The red wine helped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceTrudyVIPDined on 3/21/2014Busy Friday night and food was great and had the same server I had a couple of nights before that and she was great too!Special Features:
- When you pay $12 for a sandwichOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/6/2014When you pay $12 for a sandwich it should perfect, not burnt black on one side. Absurd.
- UnmemorableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/25/2014Service was slow, my food was over-cooked, atmosphere just okay.
- What a LOVEly time....NS53217Dined on 2/14/2014We looked for a last minute place to eat on Valentine's Day and was a little suspect as there were many time slots available that day.... HOWEVER, we were not disappointed.. Tthe entrees were superb and done to perfection and not rushed at all. The restaurant was not crowded for a Valentine's Day and with mature guests who know great food! It was very quiet to have a conversation with no compounding loud overridiing Musak. We actually were able to view the Olympics on the TV in the bar area while enjoying our dinner. It had been years since our last visit to NSB and likely we won't let this much time go by again..... will try the outdoor seating whenever Spring arrives....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time therearizonaboundDined on 2/14/2014The food was good with large portions. The food came in a reasonable time. Overall, this was a good experience. The only critical comment is that the food was a bit overpriced. For the price, they could have included some good hot homemade bread or a small dinner salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this place!jcmequonDined on 2/14/2014Always a good meal and very nice specials at NSB. The menu items are always prepared with great care and come out hot and delicious. We experience consistent quality and service here and enjoy coming back over and over again. Well made drinks from the bar plus overall hands-on management make this a real value for the money - always have a nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caprese, Tuna and BurgerMilwaukeeHowardVIPDined on 2/8/2014The Caprese salad, tuna melt and veggie burger were all excellent. Sharon is a fabulous server. Fun place to go, even before Bucks losses. Get the Caesar in lieu of fries.Special Features:
- good food/bad ambiancekateDined on 2/7/2014I am ALWAYS seated by the service station. Even with a reservation and with other tables available. Very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menuTrudyVIPDined on 2/7/2014Food was really good and so was the service! Have eaten here many times.Special Features:
- a good neighborhood restaurantTobbaVIPDined on 1/31/2014Always consistently good. Hamburgers are always cooked to perfection! Waffle fries are delicious. Great choice of salads, especially the salmon, vegetable one. Wait staff is attentive and is a restaurant you can linger and enjoy or hurry and catch a movie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot for a pleasant dinner.MKEdinerVIPDined on 1/24/2014Nice spot for a pleasant dinner. Decent wine by the glass. Often has interesting specials. Very reliable. Great art on the walls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NSB is a great place to goOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/18/2014NSB is a great place to go for a meal or drinks. Very friendly staff and reliable dining experience. We are regulars and take out salads and sandwiches. To finish off dinner the desserts or an ice cream drink are great. The huge Godiva ice cream drink is enough for 4 to split comfortably and is a dessert itself. We will be back soon as we are regulars and find NSB oftenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.