Nox Creek Southern Grill
3300 Lenox Rd
Atlanta, GA 30326Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Nox Creek Southern Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.noxcreeksoutherngrill.com/
- Phone: 4042623344
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Satufrday - Sunday: 6:30am - 12:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern
- Executive Chef: Todd Thompson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Call to book your reservation for a private party for 15 people to 400.
A word from Nox Creek Southern Grill
Experience a blending of American flavors influenced by authentic Southern Comfort in a casual dining setting. Conveniently located in Buckhead at the JW Marriott adjacent to Lenox Square Mall.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nox Creek Southern Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- This wa my first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/21/2012This wa my first visit to Nox Creek Grill. The service was excellent, and the food was okay. I had the salmon with arugula which was cooked perfectly(medium). This restuarant is a convenient choice for residents of the hotel, but I wouldn't come here for the restaurant only. Perhaps my next visit to JW Marriott I'll try their breakfast menu.Special Features:
- As it is usually with hotelVioletteDined on 8/20/2012As it is usually with hotel restaurant, there is nothing to write home about as most of their customers are "captive" ones.
- Management was very professional,OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/19/2012Management was very professional, friendly and accommodating when we had an issue with a reservation time. He offered suitable options and checked on us personally to make we were satisfied and comfortable. Our server was extremely nice the food was hot, the wines were good and we enjoyed our quiet time alone.Special Features:
- Not going backOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/18/2012Quiet, unattractive restaurant with average food ; took us 40 minutes to get our wine served; not impressed
- As a hotel restaurant, thisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2012As a hotel restaurant, this competes poorly with neighboring establishments. The menu is limited. Our entrees were well prepared, but still not competitive with many other establishments in the area.
- Excellent dinner...chandlerVIPDined on 8/18/2012My family dined here because we had received a gift certificate for dinner. After driving past here for many years, I had no idea what to expect from this nice hotel restaurant. We were extremely pleased with both the quality of food and attentiveness of the service. While the menu is not exceptionally large, there was a very nice selection and all of the food (from appetizers to dessert) was as good as any restaurant that I eat at in Atlanta. Our favorite entree at the table was the shrimp and grits. We certainly will return to try other items on the menu...Special Features:
- EnjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2012Food was excellent. The location, excellent. The restaurant itself was not impressive. Great for lunch or light dinner... not dinner for special occasions.Special Features:
- Food timing was sub-par. EntreeKsamDined on 8/17/2012Food timing was sub-par. Entree was served before we completed our appetizer. Waiter was trying to make food fit on the table. I had to suggest he return 5 minutes with the entree. After 10 mins, I had to request he bring the food to the table. Next time I will order my entree after my appetizer arrives. Waiter was not attentive to our table. I had to request refill of water glass several times. Waiter of adjoining table would fill his guest's water and leave mine empty. It was obvious that the wait staff does not work together.
- Staff was friendly, but waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2012Staff was friendly, but waiter not very polished. Wine glass was empty, on a couple of occasions (they don't leave the white wine chilled table side). Empty plates sat on table for extended periods and restaurant was not 20% full. Food was pretty good, but the kitchen was verrryyy slow. Bottom line: At a price point of $$$, would expect a more polished experience.Special Features:
- had a travelzoo coupon, whichvanilla33VIPDined on 8/14/2012had a travelzoo coupon, which made the meal very reasonable. Food, service was fine, only 20 people dinning. so made it a very enjoyable quite dinning for the evening.Its in the JW Marriott hotel at Lenox mall.Special Features:
- It was a very exciting foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012It was a very exciting food experience. We were very pleased with the menu, short but excellent choices the wine list had a great selection and well priced. We had taken one of our daughters with us and the other daughter with her family will be dining there this coming weekend. I recommend this restaurant highly.Special Features:
- DisappointingbristolpjDined on 8/10/2012Booked for my wife and I for a special evening out. Overall impression - a bit of a disappointment really. Firstly, the air con was up so high that we were really cold throughout the meal. No, freezing! And this was 7pm on an August evening! My wife had to borrow my jacket to try to keep warm. The appetisers were fine though nothing special. The steaks for entrees were very good although my wife's New York had a lot of fat. Interestingly, neither came with anything but vegetables, any sort of potato being charged extra. The service was at best disinterested. The saving grace is perhaps the wine list which was extensive and interesting. Value for money was acceptable but there are many places we would choose rather than returning here.Special Features:
- The wait staff and managerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2012The wait staff and manager were wonderful! Food was delicious, restaurant was nice and service was excellent. Good evening out!Special Features:
- Had the seafood pasta dish.KenfalDined on 8/1/2012Had the seafood pasta dish. Ample helpings of various seafoodSpecial Features:
- Nice place for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/28/2012Nice place, went there with a voucher for Travelzoo. Might be a little pricey if we didn't use voucher. Beet salad was great along with the Shrimp and Grits. The fried ice cream is Super large!!Special Features:
- Enjoyed the restaurant andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012Enjoyed the restaurant and the food was very good. Had the Shrimp and Grits, and the Filet.excellent!! Would recommend for that special night out.Special Features:
- Short menu, but everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/14/2012Short menu, but everything was delicious and the service was great as well. We had the chicken and steak. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- My girlfriend and I were veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2012My girlfriend and I were very pleased with the service, food and atmosphere. Everyone was very friendly and attentive. Our server was very knowledgeable when asked about recommendation and the preparation of the food. I ordered the NY Strip Steak and my girlfriend ordered the Salmon. Both were off the chain. Highly recommended!!!Special Features:
- A Mariott restaurantGagirlDined on 6/16/2012This is a good place to eat if you are staying at the Mariott. Since we ate here on a Travelzoo offer, we didn't pay full price, which is what got us there to begin with. There are so many good, convenient restaurants in Atlanta that going here takes too much effort. Our waiter was excellent but there were only 2 other parties there on a Friday night. My husband got the Southern fried chicken special. Since he is from South Ga. he knows good Southern food and this just missed the mark. My peach glazed salmon on wilted arugula was delicious. Our friends also gave the food "mixed" reviews.
- steaks were overcooked andOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/14/2012steaks were overcooked and waiter never checked on status of steaks!
- Service was a tad slow, consideringOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/2/2012Service was a tad slow, considering the place didn't appear busy. We kept hearing the waiters apologize to patrons.
- Admittedly it was a week nightWSMBDined on 5/9/2012Admittedly it was a week night but there were very few guests in the restaurant. Too bad, as this was a most enjoyable dining experience with superb food and service.Special Features:
- Had a GREAT dinner with outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/11/2012Had a GREAT dinner with outstanding service! A definite do-again.Special Features:
- We went Nox Creek for dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2012We went Nox Creek for dinner. It was very quiet and the food was delicious. We had the special that night shrimp and lobster pasta. It was divine. They have a gre wine list. I would definitely return and recomend to others.Special Features:
- The food overall was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/24/2012The food overall was good not great. The sweet potato lobster bisque was really good and our steaks had good flavor and cooked to order. I was disppointed that the little cornbread muffins were burnt and when we asked for more the next batch was the same.The service was really bad but I think it was John our waiter because when observing the others around us they seemed to be getting attention and service from the other waiter and having a better experience. Even a smile during hectic times from your server would be nice. We drove from Suwanee using the Locally deal which was ok for the total package price but would never go back, what a shame.
- This was a very romantic place.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2012This was a very romantic place. It was a little over priced for me but I would go back. Wine was great. Service was wonderful.Special Features:
- A quiet place for a relaxingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/21/2012A quiet place for a relaxing evening in a an intimate setting. Never really felt like we were doing much more than occupying space, and the entrees were very limited in choice, but the food was appetizing, and the staff was friendly. The place is a little too far out of the way to seek out without coupons or advertising, and a livelier atmosphere can be found many places without the grandiose setting of the beautiful hotel.
- We very much enjoyed our well-prepamgatlantaVIPDined on 3/17/2012We very much enjoyed our well-prepared food, all 3 courses, at Nox Creek. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Just EHH.ColsonDined on 3/16/2012Good service, poor food. Would not go back again even with deal. Had a much better dinner at sister Marriott Sear restaurant.
- This was our first time diningGourmanVIPDined on 12/31/2011This was our first time dining at this concept; we are regular guests at this hotel. As I stated we had to change our visit as our travel plans changed. We dined here on Friday, after a long trip. The service was excellent, our server was very knowlegeable and made many suggestions. The food was just ok. The problem has to do with taking "Southern" menu items and serving them to a nuture patron. They make a good effort but, the food has to be very timely. Hot food hot (Grits were cold). So in time. We will try again. I think that for breakfast the concept probably works. We had dinner so it needs some more work.Special Features: