726 Higuera Street
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401Neighborhood:
San Luis Obispo
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://novorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8055433986
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Late Night Dining - Friday & Saturday: 10:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Robert Root
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Novo is proud to offer fine food and a friendly, experienced staff, as well as a beautiful location for all large-party needs.
- Private Party Contact: Lillie Moore 8054710409
A word from Novo Restaurant
Set against a rich eclectic backdrop, Novo's international flavors are the leading ingredients in an exotic dining experience. Located downtown San Luis Obispo in a historic turn of the century building with spectacular creekside dining. Multi award winning restaurant for food, service and ambiance. Extensive global and local wine and beer selection. Novo easily accommodates large parties either on one of the patios in in their lower level "cellar room". A favorite with both locals and tourists, Novo is a truly a San Luis Obispo experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Novo Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- My New Favorite!LigerMomDined on 7/22/2013This restaurant is superb....the setting, service, and food are all wonderful. My husband and I have eaten both lunch and dinner there and recommend it for either. At night it is so romantic, and during the day the ambience is equally attractive. Just love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Novo!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/20/2013Novo is a favorite creekside setting with terrific food. The portions have gotten a bit smaller but still yummy! We had a 1 pm reservation and had to wait 10 minutes as thet seated wIist parties. I was A bit miffed by that! Tessa was very attentive. A lovy place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2013My fiancee and I were celebrating our 5 year anniversary at Novo restaurant. It was a perfect setting for our occasion. Beautiful outdoor space looking over the creek. The service was amazing. They are very quick to serve you and get you anything you need. Food is delicious. Price is reasonable being that it's a fancy place. For two it was less than $80. Definitely recommend this restaurant to those celerating something special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best out door eating in SLO!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2013Novo is on our "must" list for visitors to SLO. (And we enjoy it each and every time too!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our second time here.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/18/2013We love to dine here outside on the patio. Great food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Romancing the NOVOOjos60Dined on 7/18/2013The lettuce wraps were Bib lettuce not iceberg, thank you, with prawn that looked and tasted more like shrimp in a light, flavorful bean sauce. These were complimented with sweet-hot chile jelly and serrano syrup on the side. Two wraps each for two people. Wonderful with a cucumber and lime martini. The duck breast was perfectly roasted but the curry a touch salty. The black, forbidden rice added delicious texture. The moroccan fried chicken was succulent and so perfectly seasoned I savored every bite. The fresh chutney was complex and the ingredients artfully combined with just the right amount of gooeyness. The quinoa pilaf was excellent! The spicy yogurt an unexpected delight. A sweet but not cloying port, ROXO 2007, to die for al fini!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FindOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2013On vacation; went here based on strong Review. My expectations were exceeded! Outstanding appetizers; my halibut was also divine. Great service by the wait staff. My wife and I will come here again!Special Features:
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/13/2013We enjoy bringing our out of town visitors here to enjoy the variety of flavorful dishes, the beautiful patio and the kind service.Special Features:
- Outdoor seating at its best!PamelaCVIPDined on 7/13/2013Thrilled to be able to enjoy such a great lunch while sitting in there outdoor patio! Lovely location that feels as if you escaped from the hustle and bustle of life!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful food and serviceshakerDined on 7/12/2013Everything was just right: Service, Food and the seating. Make sure you get a table in the backyard garden. Although it was very very busy (make sure you have a Reservation) there was no waiting time, except on arrival when we had to wait 10 minutes even with Reservation.Special Features:
- Great ambiance - great tableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/6/2013Great ambiance - great table position and good food and service. What else could you want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winner!LikemomDined on 7/6/2013All you need to know is that a visit to Novo is always a winning time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you for a wonderfulNeenaDined on 7/6/2013Thank you for a wonderful experience! We made lunch reservations for our daughter's 21st birthday on July 6th at 11:30. I was able to request a table on the patio, which was awesome. When we arrived, a table was already set with a tablecloth in a nice shady corner. We had the best server. Wish I could remember her name, but she was friendly, knowledgeable, really on top of it, and made the experience that much better. We will definitely be coming back!Special Features:
- Wonderful MealNicknameDined on 7/2/2013I had a local-caught sea bass special that may have been the best meal I have ever eaten. The fish was great, but the wide variety of various veggies that came with it may have been even better. The subtle variety of favors was outstanding. I live within walking distance so I feel extra lucky.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely place for lunch. HadOutstandingVIPDined on 7/1/2013Lovely place for lunch. Had a very nice table on the deck overlooking the creek. Just had a few appetizer plates and the food was fresh and tasty and nicely presented. Would definitely recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchKathyDined on 6/30/2013Novo was recommended to me by a friend who had also visited the area. We had a reservation for Sunday Brunch. Seating was fast, and the table was perfect.....right on the creek. The food was very good. Only problem was they had my husbands order wrong and by the time he received the correct order, the other three of us were finished eating. We felt really bad for him since he was picking up the bill. It kind of put a damper on our time there.Special Features:
- wonderful settingJamesVIPDined on 6/29/2013creek-side dining is lovely. an unusual setting for California's climate.Special Features:
- Fun PlaceDickDined on 6/29/2013We had a great seating overlooking the stream. We made a 5 pm reservation because later all booked up. Service and food was great, so was the giant margarita! Great date place.Special Features:
- Everything was perfect, food,servictoon49Dined on 6/25/2013Everything was perfect, food,service and the location. Our waitress was so good and very friendly, she made us feel very welcome. Will go back again and would recommend highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creek side diningfoodfanaticDined on 6/22/2013We had a lovely dinner here and would definitely go back. The Morrocan fried chicken was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A reliably pleasant dining localeJaniceDined on 6/21/2013We have a local bookclub that loves coming here once a year for dinner because it's one place all of us can agree on that we love. The outside tables by the creek are atmospheric and relaxing. It's even dog-friendly! Patio heaters keep you comfortably warm. The food is consistently good, as is the service. Novo is a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in SLOAndyfoodieDined on 6/20/2013Food was delicious. The calamari is the best I've ever had. Definitely a beautiful spot to take a first date. Make reservations ahead of time and askto sit by the creek.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small plate choicePSMenuDined on 6/20/2013Being new to the SLO area, we checked online for dining choices. Novo stood out as our number one pick. We wandered in just before happy hour ended and ordered several dishes from the appetizer menu -- aided by our server. Don't miss the spring rolls! And the Korean short ribs were excellent as well. My husband ordered a "cellared" beer which he truly enjoyed. They have an extensive wine list, so I was happy. We will definitely come back to explore the entrees, but can't fault the size or price of the small plates.Special Features:
- Great food in Lovely PatioLaHabraCookieDined on 6/17/2013This was our second time at this restaurant and it did not disappoint. Outdoor seating on the Creekside patio is charming. We found a local wine on the menu that was`very reasonably priced. My husband had the stuffed quail and a salmon bisque both of which he loved and I had the lavender lamb chops. They have an amazing flavor. The creme brulee dessert was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing & YummyFoodiePHDDined on 6/17/2013Novo is one of our MOST favorite places to eat, graze and enjoy great wine! It is consistent and the service is always exceptional! Love the BLTA at lunch, the red and green curry and of course the soups are amazing. Actually what is not amazing on the menu?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Patio diningamielpDined on 6/12/2013Not much to look at from outside and when you walk in the door you only see the bar (not bad, just not the "Nice" restaurant vibe) but when you walk past the bar and through the kitchen and the cooks preparing the food you emerge into a wonderful outdoor patio next to the creek running through town. Lovely setting and the food is great. Individual heat lamps take the chill off the cold night air when necessary, and our waitress was terrific (her other job was working at a vineyard so she was quite helpful with wine suggestions!). We only had one night in town and were tired from traveling but It was worth the effort of getting spruced up for a nice night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shocked at bad serviceNovoVIPDined on 6/9/2013Regular diner at Novo, was shocked at the horrible service this time around. Drinks took much longer than normal to arrive. Server forgot about our appetizer. One entree came out completely incorrect. We were only a table of 6 sitting next to a couple of other larger parties that seemed to garner more attention. I did notice the server socializing with what appeared to be acquiantances at an adjacent table.
- Bacon bloody mary was reallyLaurenDined on 6/9/2013Bacon bloody mary was really salty, salmon cake benedict was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceSurferDined on 6/9/2013All the servers were friendly and attentive. We eat here often when in town from the North County and the food has always been good except for one time the curry was to hot to eat but we were compted for that meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!bdeborbaDined on 6/8/2013We visited SLO from the Bay Area and I wanted to take my wife to a romantic restaurant while in town. This place was highly recommended on yelp. I made reservations two days in advance and I'm glad I did because the place was packed! I requested a nice, romantic table for two and that's exactly what I got. Their wine, beer, and cocktail selection is enormous. If you love craft beer like me then this place will not disappoint. The food was also awesome. I had the wild salmon while my wife had the salmon brusque and Korean short ribs. The ribs were initially cold but they quickly fixed that by giving a new plate of ribs rather just heating up. We both agreed that the food was excellent and probably one if the best restaurants we have been to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Novo Just Keeps Cooking!Jollymon22Dined on 6/8/2013Our dinner at Novo could not have been better. Our server was John and we were seated outside by the creek. Perfect ambience, great food and impeccable service time and again. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Doggone It!DuneOKDined on 6/8/2013The food was swell, the service efficient but not intrusive, the ambience just what we hoped for. A nice dining experience except for the small dog at the table next to us. It wasn't a service animal, and it barked off and on the entire time we were there. Every once in awhile someone at that table would shoosh it, to little avail. I can't understand why people need to take a non-service dog to a restaurant with them. It's just arrogant and rude to other diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In the many times I have dinedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2013In the many times I have dined at Novo, I have never be disappointed. The petite filet is a favorite.Special Features:
- Second VisitDarcDined on 6/6/2013The food is AMAZING, the place is magical, the service spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was delicious and inventive.ToobadDined on 6/2/2013Food was delicious and inventive. Creek side dining lovely. Would have liked a little more sauce for the quail but the lettuce wraps so good I need to figure out how to make them as I can't get there often enough from here in LA! What a findSpecial Features:
- Novo is a Memorable ExperienceCoryDined on 6/2/2013We had a group of six for brunch at 10 o'clock, when the restaurant opens. We were seated before 10 at a creekside table. The waitress was friendly and prompt. The menu is varied and interesting and brunch cocktails were lovely and I was glad that I could have a sandwich instead of eggs. . The price for brunch was reasonable. I will always make a point to come here when in SLO. It was so pleasant sitting outside by the creek on a lovely June morning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/31/2013Our 3rd trip to the central coast in 90 days and our 3rd visit to Novo, what a find. Excellent creekside dining and the food is amazing and once again the servers superb. From the excellent local pinot to the very tasty Scallops and Lamb to the tasty truffles and lemon cheesecake......I can't wait to go back once again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night at Novo RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2013This was our first visit to Novo. We were seated outside at a creek-side table in short order. We started with Avocado-Shrimp Spring Rolls (Excellent!!). I ordered the Lavendar Lamb Chops and my wife ordered Chow Novo with Chicken. The lamb chops were exceptional, but the noodle/vegitable dish tasted of kerosene and the vegetables weren't fresh. Our server, Damien, responded by removing the noodle meal from the tab. Dessert was very good. I had chocolate mousse cake and my wife had creme brulee with berries. Again, the quality of the fresh fruit was sub-par (small and withered). We are not complainers. These issues are due to lack of attention to detail by the kitchen staff and are hopefully not the norm. We will try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will definitely returnOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/30/2013Very professional service, lots of staff who worked very well together. The food was top notch. The menu and wine list was varied and interesting. The creekside setting was lovely. A generous number of heaters kept us very comfortable on a cool evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/26/2013When I first looked at the diverse international menu I was initially reluctant to try this place based on other places I have tried with similar aspirations. But my wife and I gave it a go and needless to say this place exceeded our expectations on not just the food but the ambiance and service from Kelsey. I am not from San Luis Obispo but the next time we are in town we will definitely go here again. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.