Novitá - New York City, Manhattan
102 East 22nd Street
New York, NY 10010Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Novitá - New York City, Manhattan
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://novitanyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 677-2222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Marco Fregonese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Delivery, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties are available at the restaurant in a private room for up to 12 guests, or the entire restaurant is available for up to 60 guests.
A word from Novitá - New York City, Manhattan
Novita is a vibrant 60-seat trattoria serving a seasonally inspired, modern Italian menu. Chef owner Marco Fregonese’s innovative take on classical, regional cooking begins with the finest, artisan ingredients and freshest, seasonal products. His distinctive light and flavorful dishes are pure and satisfying and perfectly complemented by a select list of wines from superb Italian specialty and boutique growers. Novita is located a few steps down from a quiet tree lined street in the Gramercy Park neighborhood. The setting is warm and elegant and the mood quintessentially Italian. In pleasant weather, sidewalk, alfresco dining is offered further adding to Novita’s year round appeal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Novitá - New York City, Manhattan reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (73)fit for foodies (55)romantic (32)special occasion (25)great for lunch (21)notable wine list (15)great for outdoor dining (13)hot spot (10)good for groups (9)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Wonderful Authentic and WarmpinkbugVIPDined on 11/25/2014An authentic Italian restaurant with a wonderful neighborhood friendliness. The food is creatively designed and consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem!JOACVIPDined on 11/24/2014Stefano was very attentive and courteous. As usual Novita did not disappoint. We had a vey pleasant Dinner accompany by a lovely Barolo. Novita is truly a " Gem" in the lovely setting of a most wonderful Restaurant in the heart of Gramercy. I always recommend you to friends and others. It is always delighful to "Break Bread" at Novita's. Best, A. Casillas
- NicknameVIPDined on 11/22/2014At Novita, the seating is cramped, the lighting is dim, and the decor is depressingly plain. But the restaurant's Italian food is terrific, and the service is pleasant and efficient. Moreover, prices are moderate for such high-quality food. Novita is a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jerseyeaterVIPDined on 11/17/2014Had a delicious and well prepared meal once again at Novita (I have been about 10 times in the last 10 years). The food and the service were both a big step up from the regular neighborhood italian and this restaurant is a very good value. My only complaint is that the table are too close together and too cramped. The waiter literally bumped into us several times when serving the table next to oursSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/11/2014I have been here a few times and it is consistently good every time. Pastas are delicious..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingRiver1683Dined on 11/8/2014The food was delicious and the wait staff could not have been better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarkVIPDined on 11/8/2014This is one of my favorite Italian places in the Grammercy area. The menu is not too adventurous, but there is something for everyone, from vegans to carnivores. Fish is done particularly well. Service is very professional and attentive. In many visits, I've never had to wait for a reserved table, despite the place being usually full.Special Features:
- Good Fresh Foodfederalist25VIPDined on 11/8/2014We came with friends and all enjoyed our appetizers, entrees and desserts.Special Features:
- Golf BravoGolfBravoDined on 11/8/2014Novita is a charming, energetic neighborhood bistro with great food and ambience. The lighting and colors of the rooms are warm and inviting. Service is cordial and professional and the menu is diversified and contemporary. Novita is also not a "scene". The setting is very relaxed and comfortable.Special Features:
- Packed seating outside even when it is cold.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/7/2014I have walked by this place many times and have always notice that even during cool or chilly nights the outside tables are full. Each time I had the same thought, "Why would people subject themselves to sitting outside in the cold?" Recentlly, I randomly made reservations here after receiving a great recommendation. When I walked up to the restuarant and recognized it I instantly became excited. There was not one moment that I was disappointed. The service and food was amazing! I can not wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great Date NightItalianConnoisseurDined on 11/7/2014Went to Novita for my girlfriends birthday and had an absolutely wonderful meal. We had the house red wine (Pinot Noir which I highly recommend) and crab cake as an appetizer. The crab cake was delicious but it was very very small so I wouldnt recommend eating it as a full meal. I had the veal ossobuco which was absolutely delicious and my girlfriend had the black spaghetti with spicy red sauce and seafood, which was also outstanding. We finished up with gelato and apple pie which was delicious. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceBobbyDined on 10/30/2014Michael our waiter was excellent. Food and wine were wonderful.Special Features:
- Mixed bagrestaurantroadieVIPDined on 10/24/2014This place is small with tables very close together. It was a crowded night and though the bread came immediately, our server didn't. Taking our order, getting our wine all took too long. On the plus side, the appetizers were great. We got two salads: Crab cake and salmon. The flavors were delicious. Also the recommended wine was good when we got it. Not so lucky with our entrees. Inconsistently cooked rack of lamb and some overcooked shrimp were disappointing. Would give them another try on a less crowded night?Special Features:
- Wonderful staff and great foodKmacVIPDined on 10/21/2014The staff at Novita make you feel exceptionally welcome. In particular, as there was a short 10 minute wait for our table, we were offered a glass of wine- which was a lovely gesture. The decor is warm and cosy, and our food was absolutely delicious. Thank you for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- FoodJohnjohnDined on 10/18/2014This restaurant is always consistent, the food is amazing and the staff is the best! You will never be disappointed and make sure you make reservations!! The best Italian on the neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday dinnereatwithemDined on 10/15/2014A wonderful blend of understated elegance, warmth, and good food. We were greeted at the door and our table was waiting for us. Our waitress helped us choose a wine based on how we described what we were looking for, and it was perfect. Our dinners were very good -- the special appetizers fantastic, the steak and lamb cooked very close to perfection, but for one chop that was over-cooked. It was my son's birthday and the waitstaff were very sweet and generous with their happy birthday wishes. We had a great time and will return.Special Features:
- Lovely discovery on 22nd StreetRosieGDined on 10/13/2014This was our second visit, the first time we discovered it while walking on 22nd Street, looking for some place to eat on an early Saturday evening. Although the restaurant was already full, with reservations pending, they offered us a table with the understanding that we would only have 45 minutes before the customers arrive for that table. We took it. Enjoyed a glass of wine and delicious pasta. Service, even in that short window of time, was gracious and felt unhurried. We returned WITH a reservation and a full meal. Food was delicious, service was excellent...I recommend the rack of lamb. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIMEGregVIPDined on 10/11/2014Food was frozen, service was poor. Eggplant parm was frozen in the middle and then it came back out oft he kitchen in a minute bubbling. They microwave their food. We arrived at 9pm and completely finished eating appetizers and entrees by 9:35. We were in and out because nothing was made fresh. This place was literally a glorified diner. There are so many places in nyc for the same cost (if that's your concern) where you can eat fresh and great food. Itruly is a restaurant in the same neighborhood you may want to to try but don't go here.
- Excellent food!EatgreatfoodDined on 10/11/2014Our table ordered, the filet mignon, the tuna, and the rack of lamb. I have to say that I would have been more than happy, if I had ordered any one of these dishes. The tuna was wonderfully seared on the outside and the perfect rare in the center. Outstanding! The cooking of the beef and lamb was also outstanding. The gelato for dessert was so flavorful! Really the perfect meal. Great wine list too.Special Features:
- unpretentious but specialEventConciergeDined on 10/11/2014Restaurant very crowded and the service was a bit rushed, but we loved the food and the drinks. Just came back from Portugal and noticed they offered Fonseca Reserve 27 Port-- which is very good. We would definitely go back again. Scallops were very tender and the pasta was well prepared.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood placedenverchowhoundDined on 10/10/2014Pleasant restaurant with tables that are a bit too close together---but we were there early enough that this was not an issue. Friendly staff, good service. Had two very nice main courses: shrimp and wild bass. Very good salad with mushrooms and good mixed greens salad with shaved parmessan. Both very nice. We also had a great tiramasu. Ideal spot for pre theatre.Special Features:
- Favorite NY ItalianjfoodhVIPDined on 10/8/2014Every time we are in NYC, we visit Novita. The food is excellent and for NY, the prices are acceptable. Never disappointsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the botheralzeVIPDined on 9/29/2014Not bad, not good. Ambiance is tired, cramped and boring. Service was just barely ok and a bit frantic. Food wasn't bad but i've had much better in a much better environment... so why bother.Special Features:
- Delicious!foodie4lifeDined on 9/27/2014Our first time at Novita was a complete home run. We chose the restaurant based on excellent online reviews and our experience exceeded our expectations. We ordered the Pappardele with lamb ragu and the ravioli - and couldn't stop eating. The service was prompt and unobrusive. We plan to go back as soon as we can.Special Features:
- Outstanding!ZippyVIPDined on 9/26/2014We go here for lunch when we need to sit and relax in a peaceful setting to eat WONDERFUL food. Go with the specials, the lobster salad is delicious and packed with lobster lightly marinated in a vinaigrette. The gazpacho is also delicious with large lumps of crab. Always a treat!Special Features:
- a true gemBenjprodVIPDined on 9/25/2014I am never disappointed at Novita - the food is superb, the tables spaced far enough apart to make conversation relaxed and enjoyable. I feel like I am in Italy when I am there - I Love it!Special Features:
- 03ptxVIPDined on 9/23/2014The place was hopping but not overcrowded. They had plenty of help but service was very slow. I asked for the wine list before our entrees were served, the waiter came back to ask for my choice as he was picking up our plates. Too late! If that wasn't bad enough we had to wait for the check. Not impressed. Too many good restaurants in NYC to put up with thatSpecial Features:
- Really good!almin1204VIPDined on 9/18/2014It was my first time there and I went for a business luncheon. I was really impressed about the menu and food. I will definitely go back! As I was born and raised in Italy, I can confirm that it's AUTHENTIC Italian, no doubt! The Italian waiter was very nice, a fun individual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- “Great food and Nice service”MeetuDined on 9/17/2014The food is very good, authentic italian restaurant. Service is top.We recommend this italian restaurant closed too gramercy park hotelSpecial Features:
- Lovely ExperiencejoyfulfoodieDined on 9/17/2014Novita is a wonderful restaurant. It has everything to make your dining experience memorable. The food was excellent, as was the decor and ambiance. I'll certainly return!Special Features:
- Rushed ServiceNancyNYDined on 9/15/2014We had hardly sat in our chairs and the server was there asking if we would like tap or bottled water, handing us our menus, telling us the specials and asking for our drink order. It seemed like all in the same breadth. If you like efficient service -- this is your restaurant. If you prefer a more leisurely dining experience, you might want to look elsewhere. We also thought the seating was a bit crowded. Ask for the banquette and you will not be jostled. On the positive side, our cocktails and meals were delicious.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/14/2014Food ok.Not as good as previous occasions.Seated @ table by the rest room & kitchen entrance by an unfriendly maitre-de.Did not request a move, as one of the party has great difficulty in moving about.Waiter was oblivious to us-he needed to be called over a few times,as his back was mostly turned to us.
- JohnVIPDined on 9/10/2014Tucked away off Park on 22nd you immediately get the sense this is more of a neighborhood place rather than the big noisy eateries right on Park. White table cloths and cream walls glow under the pretty sconces. It's Italian of course and it's all prepared very well. All dishes more than satisfied the 5 at our table. Service was friendly but not intrusive. Just the way most people like it I assume. In all it seems like the perfect place to have a lovely meal with good friends surrounded by others who appear to be doing the same.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/9/2014Outstanding food in a small room with lovely lighting. (Tables are very close together and place can get very noisy.) Nevertheless, one of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoselyndDined on 9/6/2014I'm sorry to say I would not recommend this restaurant. I ordered portabella salad - it was very bland . My entree of scallops and shrimp was not enjoyable. The shrimp were over cooked and without taste. My husband had the crab cake to start and enjoyed it.
- EnzoDined on 9/4/2014Food was good, well prepared,but nothing special.Maybe just what I ordered, the chicken was bland.Very good service, nice, buzzy space.
- NicknameVIPDined on 9/3/2014Novita is consistently one of the city's best Italian restaurants. Its decor is minimal, tables are jammed together, but who cares? Prices are reasonable, and the food is flat-out terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Food and service were excellent and we were not rushedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicknameVIPDined on 8/24/2014I've dined at Novita dozens of times over the years and never -- never -- been disappointed. The menu and specials seldom change, but such wonderful and dependable cucina! Manhattan may have a dozen trattorias as good but none is better. Novita's decor is severe, and seating is cramped. But who cares? The food is magnifico.Special Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We had an amazing time at novita! Great service and food!Special Features: