Novilhos Brazilian SteakHouse
12405 SE 38th St
Bellevue, WA 98006-1201Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Novilhos Brazilian SteakHouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.novilhos.com/
- Phone: (425) 603-1111 ext. 1
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm-2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm-9:00pm; Friday: 5:00pm-10:00pm; Saturday: 4:30pm-10:00pm; Sunday: 4:30pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Brazilian
- Dress Code: Formal Attire
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Impress your guests and clients by allowing them to experience what present guests and travelers say is "one of the best places to eat in Bellevue." Let Novilhos Brazilian Steakhouse’s 18 different authentic prime cuts of fresh beef, pork, and chicken specialties, and decadent side dishes impress even the most selective palates.
To compliment your dinner, Novilhos Brazilian Steakhouse's extensive wine list features the best California Cabernets, classic French Bordeaux, and premium Champagnes. Whether you are a group of 12 or 100, hosting a corporate dinner, birthday celebration, or a bachelor/bachelorette party, we have a space and special group menus just for you! Housed in the best kept secret of Factoria's MarketPlace Novilhos Brazilian Steakhouse is as cutting-edge and vibrant as the culture surrounding it.
- Private Party Contact: Elle Barksdale 4253514869
A word from Novilhos Brazilian SteakHouse
Welcome to Novilhos! The Brazilian "Churrasco" has been a tradition for generations in Southern Brazil, where Gauchos (Brazilian Cowboys) pierced large pieces of meat and slowly grilled them over open flamed pits. With a fixed price and this unique style of barbecue, Novilhos features continuous service of sixteen selections of beef, chicken, pork, lamb and sausage, all slowly spin-roasted, preserving their natural flavors and textures. When perfectly grilled, these delectable cuts are brought to you directly from the grill and expertly served by our carvers, dressed in Gaucho attire. Novilhos' unique concept also offers an elaborated and sumptuous salad buffet with a variety of fresh cut vegetables, gourmet salads and side dishes, along with imported cheeses, cold cuts and other tasty seasonal items.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Novilhos Brazilian SteakHouse reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)good for groups (24)fit for foodies (22)romantic (10)neighborhood gem (8)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- it was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014It was nice and good. It was hard to enjoy the meat when most of it was on the rare side. I thought is was to expensive for what it was. I'd rather just order a steak to enjoy slowly for that much. You'd have to stay there for a few hours to enjoy the meat slowly and get your money's worth. My friend and I weren't given a token at first and skipped over a lot. But I liked the atmosphere and it is a nice place.Special Features:
- Pretty expensive for chicken and sausageJmboDined on 11/15/2014Cocktails started thing off badly. Took three tries to get the drink order correct. Salad is a self-serve buffet, followed by small but OK appetizers at the table. The mashed potatoes were warm at best. Website shows all these wonderful meats that are brought tableside, and you have this little coin with a green side (bring some meat) and red side (later). But the waiters keep bringing around sausage, chicken, etc. to fill you up so that when the ribeye, filet, etc. finally come around you are full. There are 3-4 waiters running around with the cheap cuts, and they stop every time at the table, Occasionally you see the choice cut guy around, but he deftly avoids your table you've already consumed some cheap cuts. Next time I want all I can eat I'll go the Royal Fork, get the same cheap cuts of meat, and won't be paying $50 fixed price a plate.
- Dinner was really good, service was slowChefInstructorDined on 11/14/2014We went for our daughters B-day, the dinner itself was really good, especially when we got to the meats where you could try a whole bunch of different cuts of meat. Unfortunatly for us our server was very slow and seemed to lack the ability to notice when our table needed anything. After taking our credit card for payment it even took 34 minutes for her to return with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place if you don't have to watch your weightYuryDined on 11/12/2014This place is great to taste and learn the distinction between different meat cuts as well as to enjoy a buffet with great selection of delicious hors d'oeuvre-s and a dessert. Drinks are pretty expensive, but the selection is pretty big too. Waiters are very helpful. Great place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ProteinElaineDined on 11/9/2014Novilhos is always an excellent dining experience. The staff is attentive and the food is excellent. Make sure u are hungry before u go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brazilian steakhouse808attackDined on 11/8/2014THE STEAKS WAS okay food. I had better steakhouse in downtown Seattle. They had less type of meats coming around and salad bar small.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!!ArnelDined on 11/8/2014What a wonderful place!!! Food, staff, service, and ambiance was fantastic. Came here for my wife's birthday dinner and was very impressed. This place is perfect, not to fancy yet not to shabby. You can come casual at the same time get dressed up for a special occassion. Definitely come hungry as there is so much meat that keeps coming unless you signal them to stop. We tried pretty much a little bit of all the types of meats they serve. All were great!!! We will definitely come back again.Special Features:
- Always a Wonderful Experience!TheSteeleFamilyDined on 11/4/2014We chose Novilhos for my husbands birthday because we ALWAYS have a wonderful experience! The wait staff is attentive and kind... the atmosphere is lovely... and the food is always delicious!!! The staff was very attentive to our children (7 & 13) as well which is a big plus for our family. We will most definitely return!Special Features:
- Feeling hungry?CheezyGormetDined on 11/4/2014Overall a good experience. Attentive service. Desserts choices are nothing to write home about; actually, just skip dessert. If you are looking to eat a lot food, this is your place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014The food is great, a little pricey compared to other places.Special Features:
- Stay away during Resturant Week!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/29/20142 ordered the regular menu and 2 ordered the SRW menu, from that point on the server made us feel very unwelcome. The meat on the SRW is a joke, 5 pieces that come on a small bread plate and the quality is terrible, nothing like you would normally get. We then asked for more bananas and were told they dont come with the special menu. Really? The server then made some joke about being fired if he brought more. It got so bad, we told him we'd pay for the fill menu if he'd just give us what we asked for! Service,terrible and never came back to refresh the plate, fill our waters, etc. Only had one round of drinks bc he never came back to take another order. We had to ask the men walking around with the meat to get any service.Special Features:
- Just okSteveDined on 10/29/2014Food was just ok. Service was just ok. Maybe I expected more.
- MediocreMediocreDined on 10/28/2014My boyfriend and I chose Novilhos for Seattle Restaurant Week. The menu seemed appealing and the website inviting. Upon arrival, we noticed how noisy the dining area was. No biggie--people talk! However as the night went on, we felt more and more forgotten by the wait staff. Drinks took 15 minutes, food took about 50. Another waitress came over to ask if we were ready for dessert BEFORE we actually received our food. Basically, we were forgotten about. The food was probably good, but having to wait that length of time just ruined it for us. We both didn't finish our meals and asked for dessert to go. What a waste of $70.Special Features:
- SeattleRocketDined on 10/28/2014The food was great with a very large selection of different tasty meats. The sides/salad bar was impressive with far more choices than we could sample. All the food was very fresh. The service was perfect...not in your face but always timely. It was more expensive than we anticipated but we agreed it was worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salad bar & dessert -the highlightsselectiveDined on 10/26/2014had dinner (Seattle Restaurant Wk menu). Served a plate of 5 small pieces of meat. Disappointed with the meats-steaks had lots of fat; sausage - dry & no flavor. Chicken was the best. Good selection of salad.Special Features:
- the service and food was great.Neno12345Dined on 10/25/2014My only concern was that the waiter gave us a dessert drink and dessert with out telling us it was an extra charge even though he knew we were stuffed. So we ended up paying over $140 and didn't even try all 14 meats just 5 and we ate at the salad bar just once. I would probably educate first timers on what to do, plus we had reservations and ended up being seated 30 minutes later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JakeDined on 10/24/2014Great dining experience. They always exceed my expectations.Special Features:
- Show up hungry!Sammamish4Dined on 10/19/2014We went for dinner and really liked it. The service was very good and the wide array of meat choices was excellent. It's pricey so for us not somewhere we'd end up going regularly but we'll definitely come back.Special Features:
- do not go restaurant weekfoodieDined on 10/19/2014Even if you have a reservation, you are sat after everyone coming in for the regular dinner because it is 50.00 rather than 30.00. This is not geared towards just trying their food as they give you the day old ends of the meats rather than the fresh stuff being served to everyone else. Our waiter was great though.Special Features:
- SeniorDined on 10/19/2014Beautifully appointed dining room and excellent wait staff. Salad bar was deluxe and delicious. Meats were not as tender as experienced previously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great if you want meat.GirlyGirlDined on 10/18/2014The salad bar/side options were just ok. Also, I don't like buffets and I didn't realize that's kind of what it was.
- A Bit Too ExpensivesmdiablaDined on 10/15/2014Taking my family of 6 is a $500 affair...that's with 1 cocktail, 1 lemonade, 1 espresso shot & 4 desserts in addition to dinner. When I think about the amount of meat I had on my plate, quality, & whether it was worth that if Novilho's was a straight steak house, I'm hard pressed to say yes. Service was unbearably pushy; it was the worst part. It wasn't enough for the server we were already required to give her a set gratuity...she pushed cocktails, lemonade & dessert as if her life was hanging in the balance if we didn't add another $100+ to our bill. I don't like hard pressure sales in this environment, it's inappropriate. Fogo de Chao is my favorite churrascaria...and my family says they prefer Grill from Ipanema over Novilho's now.Special Features:
- SteveDined on 10/15/2014The food was good as was the service but the bill comes without knowing ahead of time any pricing due to the nature of the Brazilian style. Be prepared to pay twice what you would spend in a normal, high end restaurant but after being very satisfied with the meat, and the salad bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very TastySally98033Dined on 10/10/2014This place is in the old Azteca in Factoria. They did a great job converting the Mexican restaurant into a modern Brazilian eatery. I really enjoyed the various meats and salad items, and the service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesomemah5Dined on 10/10/2014Good was delicious and unbelievable amounts. Definitely stuffed for hoursSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable eveningEfexed123Dined on 10/4/2014We really enjoyed the atmosphere, service, staff, and food. The only drawback was the family with the screaming child the entire time we were there. It really put a damper on what would have been a fabulous experience. I understand that is a really tricky situation for a restaurant to handle and its just too bad that people are not considerate of other diners and take their child out of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go Hungry!BrunchgirlVIPDined on 10/3/2014My husband has eaten at Brazilian steakhouses and wanted to try this one. We were very impressed. The variety and quality of the food is top notch! The staff was very attentive and professional. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- The following 1 reviews are from the Novilhos Brazilian SteakHouse reviews archive.