27000 Karevich Dr
Novi, MI 48377Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theepicureangroup.com/novichophouse.html
- Phone: 2483055210
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Kalmus
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering Options Available
- Private Party Facilities: Private Party Options Available
A word from NOVI Chophouse
Whether you're celebrating an anniversary or conducting a business dinner, the ambiance of NOVI Chophouse is the perfect setting. From our classic old-world steakhouse decor and white linens to our custom 1700 degree broiler, NOVI Chophouse and its food, wine selection and service will leave a lasting impression on you and your guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
NOVI Chophouse - Best Restaurants in Novi ›
NOVI Chophouse reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)romantic (40)notable wine list (23)fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (13)good for groups (12)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014My friend and I take each other out for our birthdays to fine restaurants in the Metro area. We have been doing this for about 20 years. NoVI Chop House was our latest and we were very satisfied. Our waiter Eric was top notch, very professional and friendly. The food was magnificent. We had the 6 Oz filet, and the mac and cheese. The Ambiance was exactly as we preferred, muted lighting with enough soft music and ambient chatter to drown out our laughter. Worth every penny. We will be back for one of their special dining experiences that they advertised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!IsthereawordDined on 9/2/2014The food is always consistently great. Excellent wait staff, knowledgeable of the menu and preparation options.Special Features:
- Great food!YoungishDined on 8/30/2014The food was outstanding! The crab cakes and the salmon was delicious! Our waiter was very polite and professional. The ambiance was just not what I expected. Very dark & old. This is the place to go with grandparents, they would fit right in. Recommended for the older crowd only.Special Features:
- A hidden gemMichigannativeDined on 8/22/2014We visited the Novi Chophouse while on a short vacation in the area. Little did we know that this restaurant is a hidden gem in the Novi area. The food was outstanding and the service spot on. We plan to return the next time our travels take us to Novi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience as always!FoodieVIPDined on 8/20/2014My wife and I always enjoy dining here. The food is always delicious and prepared well. One extremely important highlight of dining at the Novi Chophouse is the attentive and friendly level of service provided by the staff. Particularly noteworthy and deserving of praise is our waiter, Brent. Brent is the ultimate professional with the most friendly demeanor and knowledge of the Chophouse menu. He makes you feel welcome and special and is one of the key reasons we return to the Chophouse time and again. He is genuinely concerned and performs responsibly to ensure that you receive not only great food, but have an overall enjoyable experience. This level of exceptional service has rapidly becoming a lost art and is most appreciated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No.VI Chop HouseFFGFDined on 8/16/2014I was surprised on a Saturday night that there was no free valet service as specified in the listing although parking was not a problem. The food was excellent albeit pricey and the ambience was nearly perfect for a 'date night' except there were a couple very loud people close by. Not sure why some cannot control their voice level in a nice restaurant. Anyway not the fault of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Special night out celebrationDatenightdinerDined on 7/30/2014We went to celebrate our anniversary with our son because our sitter had cancelled. We hadn't been in a few years because our prior experience wasn't that positive. We decided to try it again and had a positive experience. Crab cakes appetizer was delicious, crab legs were good but cold when they arrived, beef Wellington was excellent. Our server was attentive and helpful in deciding what to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasions.MedinaDined on 7/24/2014Dinner was great, steaks done perfect. I would definitely come here again. Servers name was Josh he was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MartinFamilyDined on 7/14/2014Great atmosphere, excellent staff, fabulous food, and unbelievable service. Manager Kelly, bartender Dean, and server Brent make it a personable experience! Filet and Lobster are awesome! We recommend calamari for an appetizer and Brussels for your side! House salad tastes best with their blue cheese dressing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodreviewerDined on 7/14/2014You go for the food so you want it to be awesome. Morel mushroom bisque is a treatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placePickyeater83Dined on 7/11/2014Me and my husband have dined there on more than one occasion and each time the food is great and service. Overall we will Return AgainSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Pleased with our first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014This was our first visit and we couldn't have been more pleased. Our meals were delicious, the service was excellent from start to finish (especially our waiter Erik) and the ambiance was just perfect. We look forward to a return visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningRickODined on 7/7/2014I always have a great experience and delightful dinner, this is truly a great place to have a business meal or a quiet time with that special person!Special Features:
- One of Detroit's BestBradDined on 6/26/2014We tend to visit some of the city's finest restaurants, but we chose No. VI for our anniversary. Always good, and excellent service. If you are looking for fine dining in southeast Michigan, this should be in the final group of choices.Special Features:
- Nice nightJudyWDined on 6/24/2014Both ordered pepper cowboy steaks ....hubby loved the pepper it was too much for me....steaks were good but not great which was disappointing. Spinach was flavorless (asked to be sauteed with garlic) took desert home and had discussion about including ice cream that came with it...waitress assured us she always includes it....didn't have it when we got home. Staff was very friendly and professional. Have been here a few times before and liked it very much and chose it for our Anniversary. It was good but not special. Seated under a bright light and next to a door that staff was going in and out constantly even though I made reservations long ahead of time and stated it was a special occasion. Staff was very kind in mentioning that.Special Features:
- We always feel specialweknowfoodDined on 6/21/2014We enjoy dining out with or without friends at Novi Chophouse. We like to try new places, but always come back to Novi Chophouse if we crave a consistent, fine dining, perfectly prepared meal. It is a hidden gem! I usually get the filet and my husband loves the scallops. The crab cakes are delicious, scalloped potatoes, and the seasonal vegetable are a must. They use to have the most amazing risotto, however, lately it has been a little overcooked. Overall, we would highly recommend Novi Chophouse. It says a lot when the same waitstaff work there year over year. They must be doing something right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummmSuperb16Dined on 6/14/2014Took my parents here for their 40th wedding anniversary and the food was amazing. Everyone ordered something different so we could all try and it, every dish was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & service !!RogerDined on 6/14/2014Excellent food & service !! .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/13/2014Great meat. Good lobster appetizer. Great service. Somewhat pricey, but worth it.Special Features:
- GrammaKatDined on 6/13/2014This was our first time at the No. VI Chophouse and it far exceeded our expectations! The food was phenomenal and plentiful (no "elf food" here!), and presented with flare from our wonderful server, Brent! While Novi is a little far out of our normal area, we are putting No. VI Chophouse at the top of the list for a special occasion dinner!!!Special Features:
- FantasticabbollingDined on 6/13/2014My husband and I have eaten here quite a few times and it has always been nice, however we just recently had dinner and it was absolutely fantastic. Kudos to the chef! Our waitress was also great, we truly had a wonderful evening. We will be going again for sure!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicous eveningRchristyDined on 6/7/2014My first Chop House experience and it was amazing. I was a hit for making this choice fo my new lady freind. The food was superb, one of the best cooked steaks I have had in a long time. I have been to Shulas, the Gaylord, RuthChris in Florida and in INDY- this ranked among them as a great steak place. Not as pricey as others of same caliber and quality. Service was tremendous, did not have to ask for anything and they were there for both myself and my date. Definately put us both at ease...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak Better ExperienceAdamDined on 6/7/2014Our server was an absolute professional. The managers were also attentive assuring that our experience was good. Dinner and dessert were wonderful. I had the filet with zip sauce and my girlfriend had the salmon with saffron sauce and they were both outstanding. The creme brûlée was among the best I've had. This was our first anniversary and I look forward to spending many more at No. VI Chophouse.Special Features:
- Another Great Dinner the ChophouseWixomResidentDined on 5/20/2014If you are looking for consistency, No. VI Chophouse should be on your list. Upon arriving at No. VI Chophouse, we were greeted by the friendly and polite hostess. We arrived a bit early and therefore decided to go to the bar for a cocktail. The bartender was also polite and friendly. They have a excellent selection of wine, beer (nothing on tap, only bottles), and liquor. We then went to our table in the dining room where we were seated at our favorite table (they keep ones preferences on file). Our server, Josh, was polite, friendly, and knowledgeable about the menu specials, and throughout the meal he was attentive but did not hover unnecessarily. We'll definitely ask for Josh next time we're there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FIndRickODined on 5/20/2014I have never had less than an exceptional experience at No. VI fantastic food, great place to have a business dinner and they always make you feel specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 691 reviews are from the NOVI Chophouse reviews archive.
- Bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014Went there for brunch and our waiter,Matt was too busy cleaning and setting up the tables than serving us. We had to ask 3 times to give us water! He wasn't around to check if our plates are done or if we needed something. And they claim to be a fine dining expecting to have exceptional service?! On top of that regardless of their service they automatically put in a 19% gratuity! Seriously???Special Features:
- Just okSamry7Dined on 5/10/2014It's smells like chlorine in the restaurant because it is located inside of a hotel that has an indoor pool. I ordered a filet medium well it came out well done and very dry and my husband had salmon and it was very overcooked and dry
- Fall ShortCaramiaDined on 5/3/2014Saddened upon arrival that the restaurant was attached to a hotel, my impression was immediately altered when I entered the dining area; the ambiance there was romantic. Then, I was escorted to the back of the restaurant into a converted room near the pool. The chlorine smell was overwhelming and the feel of that area was no where comparable to the main dining area. The wine selection was adequate, the appetizer, bread and sides were superb. The cut of steak was AMAZING! However, I am accustomed to a more buttery, savory flavor and found the "Detroit Zip Sauce" offered here was much too acidic for me.
- WOW it's is dark in here!LittlePurpleLadyDined on 4/26/2014We have dined at the Novi Chop House many times in the past. This time we elected to sit in the bar/lounge area. It was so dark that we could not read the menus and asked our waitstaff to turn-up the lighting. We were given a small flashlight to read the wine list and the lights were turned-up a tad until we placed our order and then turned back down. It was unsettling to have it so dark at 5PM in the afternoon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in an odd settingRustyShacklefordDined on 4/24/2014No. VI Chophouse has some great food and killer service set in an odd location. The old Crowne Plaza that hosts it seems a bit off for the caliber of food they serve, but hey, the food more than made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchToddDined on 4/20/2014Wait in the lounge for a beverage before brunch was long, had to find a server. Food was average for $35 per person and staff was overwhelmed for a busy Easter. Atmosphere just was not there, it was in their ballroom. We will choose another establishment next time.
- bad brunchheidiDined on 4/20/2014The set up for this brunch was terrible. You had to walk from the dining room through the crowded entryway to a banquet room just to get your food, and then back again. The food was fair at best, and the selection was minimal. I have had many better brunches, and for a more reasonable price. I expected more for $35 per person! The service was less than exceptional as well. When the bill was finally brought to the table, a 19% gratuity was already added. 19% for a buffet?!?!! No wonder the service was poor ....
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Nice, but overpriced for what you get. Very dark inside.Special Features:
- Easter BrunchTable42TaylorDined on 4/20/2014Service was great very attendtive. For what was servered everthing was delicious. Felt there could have been more than two salads (house & ceaser). The sweet talbe was the center of attration. Was surprised no ham on Easter Sunday. Would have like to seen more of a festive display on the buffet table. All in all average nothing outstanding for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Easter Brunch!!!bridgeDined on 4/20/2014We had a quiet corner spot so we could catch up on what our family members had been doing.Special Features:
- RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014I took my girlfriend here for an anniversary dinner and it exceeded expectations. I was really hoping for a romantic dinner and that's exactly what I got. The service was great and so was the food. Our waiter was very professional and gave great advice as to what wine went well with the food.Special Features:
- Once Again had a GREAT Experience!OOTbusinessDined on 4/15/2014I typically visit the greater Detroit area twice per year, and have now had a second great experience at the No. VI Chophouse! A great client dinner location, with a terrific menu, friendly and knowledgeable staff, and every person working there clearly takes great pride in what they do. I always get great compliments from my clients, and all of us most certainly enjoy the food, ambience, service, and experience. Thank you to all at the No. VI Chophouse!Special Features:
- Party of fourGaryDined on 4/15/2014Great steak and seafood (combo). Brent was our server and he is outstanding. He knew the menu and all the details. We were treated the way you expect to be treated at an upscale venue. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great small plates and side dishes!WhitmoreLaketoAnnArborDined on 4/5/2014This restaurant is attached to the Crowne Plaza Hotel, so when you walk in, it smells of chlorine from the pool area and also, there are people dining in far more casual clothes than they probably would if it were on its own property. Not the restaurant's fault, just a comment. As soon as we sat, water was brought over and we were asked for our drinks order. There were three menus: the wines by the bottle list, the cocktail and dessert wines list, and then your regular food menu. The wines by the glass menu is included in the regular food menu, so I feel like the server should point that out. We weren't ready to order drinks immediately after we sat and then we didn't see our server for almost 20 minutes. Food, however, was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service!Sj005Dined on 3/22/2014Excellent food and service! Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.