27000 Karevich Dr
Novi, MI 48377Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theepicureangroup.com/novichophouse.html
- Phone: (248) 305-5210
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Kalmus
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering Options Available
- Private Party Facilities: Private Party Options Available
A word from NOVI Chophouse
Whether you're celebrating an anniversary or conducting a business dinner, the ambiance of NOVI Chophouse is the perfect setting. From our classic old-world steakhouse decor and white linens to our custom 1700 degree broiler, NOVI Chophouse and its food, wine selection and service will leave a lasting impression on you and your guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
NOVI Chophouse - Best Restaurants in Novi ›
NOVI Chophouse reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (59)romantic (52)notable wine list (31)fit for foodies (27)neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (16)late-night find (5)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Delicious filet!!Golfrgirl72Dined on 11/15/2014Kind of dark but perfect for a date night. Chef even came by to see how good tasted!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect settingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/12/2014Went there with a group of 8 on business dinner, awesome food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but pricey.AmazingDined on 11/10/2014Steaks were excellent and perfectly cooked. Fried brussel sprouts were amazing with some goat cheese on top. Huge baked potato with all the toppings. Everything was great but the bill was a bit much. Over $200 for two people with 2 beers and 2 drinks before tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!Plady1Dined on 11/7/2014We went here before attending our horseback riding banquet and was very pleased with the whole restaurant! Staf was friendly and attentive. We were dressed up, but there were people who were staying in the adjoining hotel that came in in jeans. I would assume that any attire was acceptable. The food was excellent! 3 out of 4 of us had filets. They were cooked perfectly. We tried the zip sauce, bernaise and the truffle butter. The zip sauce with the filet was the table favorite. My sister had the salmon, which was also cooked perfectly and was very tasty. The garlic mashed potatoes and fried Brussels sprouts also good! We will definitely be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Dining ExperienceharshcriticDined on 11/5/2014BRENT made our dining experience outstanding!!! Extremely personable and made the choices sound like they were originals!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Service was very slow, food was barely warm and it was not the best tasting.Special Features:
- Overall experienceNnaemekaDined on 10/18/2014Great service by the waiter. The cowboy steak was ok; however the rest of my meal was excellent.Special Features:
- TRoniDined on 10/18/2014NOVI Chophouse is a restaurant that we try to go to at least once a year or so. It has a nice quiet feet to it and the food is always prepared very well. The service is always excellent and the presentation is very nice. We always find a nice wine on their list that works well for us.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Overall experience was great.. We enjoyed ourselves :-)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/17/2014Dining at the NOVI Chophouse is definitely for a special occasion. We had the special of the night which was a fillet & lobster risotto. It was delicious. Mark our waiter was great. Love this place for special occasions.Special Features:
- Just shy of outstanding this timePerfectBiteDined on 10/11/2014Have dined at the chop house many times. Great wine list, food and service. Tonight was just a tiny bit off. The crab cakes were delicious but not thoroughly heated - cold in spots. Our entrees arrived before our morel bisque (always a favorite) but the server proactively adjusted our check for the mistake. The entrees, Steak Au Poivre and No.VI Beef Wellington, were up to usual standards - expertly prepared and quite tasty! And we've never been disappointed with the quality and value on the wine list. They also did a great job with our son's meal: he has some food allergies and they were very attentive to our requests. Looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatersVIPDined on 10/11/2014Brent our waiter was fantastic. Ask for him next time you go there.Special Features:
- Nice pleasant eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Warm friendly greeting Efficient and knowledgeable server could have explained that even though the menu appears to be ala carte, it is not. We ended up ordering unnecessary sides Calamari app less than impressive Excellent Entrees well presented Desserts, just ok. Cocktails and wine fairly priced Dining room attendant was excellent, he was attentive without hovering. Overall, a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulNancypantsDined on 10/3/2014As usual, the NoVI Chophouse did not disappoint. Our meal was delicious, and the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceRoDoDined on 10/3/2014Menu was wonderful; food was ok - Brent, our waiter, was very charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DarkNot2happyDined on 9/26/2014Too dark and too expensive. Food is just so-so.. This is so stupid that I have to write 50 characters you need to update your review system this is so stupid that I have to write at least 50 words you need to update your review system this is so stupid that I have to break 50 characters you need to update your review system on your menu this is so stupid that I have the right 50 characters you need to update your review system this is so's stupid that I have to write so many characters you need to update your review system this is so stupid with the character limitation you need to update your review system this is so stupid that you have to have so many characters you need to update your review system this is so stupid that you have ......
- Amazing RestaurantkaspyDined on 9/25/2014NOVI Chophouse is a gem hidden within the Crown Plaza outside Fountain Walk. Fantastic menu, amazing food, great wine, and an incredible wait staff. I highly recommend a visit.Special Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseafoodieDined on 9/20/2014Decided here after reading reviews after canceling dinner reservations somewhere else. Upon walking in, realized that the restaurant was just as nice as our original food. The waiter was pleasant and attended to every need. We left full and happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnernicetouchDined on 9/19/2014My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at the Novi Chop House. I made the reservation on Open Table and requested a more private table as it was our anniversary. The service was excellent, the food was delicious and our table was perfect. We ordered dessert and anxiously waited for the creme brulee. When the server brought it out there was a candle on it and hand written in chocolate it said happy anniversary. What an amazing touch to a beautiful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great night outlovingfinefoodDined on 9/13/2014My friend and I take each other out for our birthdays to fine restaurants in the Metro area. We have been doing this for about 20 years. NoVI Chop House was our latest and we were very satisfied. Our waiter Eric was top notch, very professional and friendly. The food was magnificent. We had the 6 Oz filet, and the mac and cheese. The Ambiance was exactly as we preferred, muted lighting with enough soft music and ambient chatter to drown out our laughter. Worth every penny. We will be back for one of their special dining experiences that they advertised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!IsthereawordDined on 9/2/2014The food is always consistently great. Excellent wait staff, knowledgeable of the menu and preparation options.Special Features:
- Great food!YoungishDined on 8/30/2014The food was outstanding! The crab cakes and the salmon was delicious! Our waiter was very polite and professional. The ambiance was just not what I expected. Very dark & old. This is the place to go with grandparents, they would fit right in. Recommended for the older crowd only.Special Features:
- A hidden gemMichigannativeDined on 8/22/2014We visited the Novi Chophouse while on a short vacation in the area. Little did we know that this restaurant is a hidden gem in the Novi area. The food was outstanding and the service spot on. We plan to return the next time our travels take us to Novi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience as always!FoodieVIPDined on 8/20/2014My wife and I always enjoy dining here. The food is always delicious and prepared well. One extremely important highlight of dining at the Novi Chophouse is the attentive and friendly level of service provided by the staff. Particularly noteworthy and deserving of praise is our waiter, Brent. Brent is the ultimate professional with the most friendly demeanor and knowledge of the Chophouse menu. He makes you feel welcome and special and is one of the key reasons we return to the Chophouse time and again. He is genuinely concerned and performs responsibly to ensure that you receive not only great food, but have an overall enjoyable experience. This level of exceptional service has rapidly becoming a lost art and is most appreciated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No.VI Chop HouseFFGFDined on 8/16/2014I was surprised on a Saturday night that there was no free valet service as specified in the listing although parking was not a problem. The food was excellent albeit pricey and the ambience was nearly perfect for a 'date night' except there were a couple very loud people close by. Not sure why some cannot control their voice level in a nice restaurant. Anyway not the fault of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Special night out celebrationDatenightdinerDined on 7/30/2014We went to celebrate our anniversary with our son because our sitter had cancelled. We hadn't been in a few years because our prior experience wasn't that positive. We decided to try it again and had a positive experience. Crab cakes appetizer was delicious, crab legs were good but cold when they arrived, beef Wellington was excellent. Our server was attentive and helpful in deciding what to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasions.MedinaDined on 7/24/2014Dinner was great, steaks done perfect. I would definitely come here again. Servers name was Josh he was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 708 reviews are from the NOVI Chophouse reviews archive.
- MartinFamilyDined on 7/14/2014Great atmosphere, excellent staff, fabulous food, and unbelievable service. Manager Kelly, bartender Dean, and server Brent make it a personable experience! Filet and Lobster are awesome! We recommend calamari for an appetizer and Brussels for your side! House salad tastes best with their blue cheese dressing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodreviewerDined on 7/14/2014You go for the food so you want it to be awesome. Morel mushroom bisque is a treatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placePickyeater83Dined on 7/11/2014Me and my husband have dined there on more than one occasion and each time the food is great and service. Overall we will Return AgainSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Pleased with our first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014This was our first visit and we couldn't have been more pleased. Our meals were delicious, the service was excellent from start to finish (especially our waiter Erik) and the ambiance was just perfect. We look forward to a return visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningRickODined on 7/7/2014I always have a great experience and delightful dinner, this is truly a great place to have a business meal or a quiet time with that special person!Special Features:
- One of Detroit's BestBradDined on 6/26/2014We tend to visit some of the city's finest restaurants, but we chose No. VI for our anniversary. Always good, and excellent service. If you are looking for fine dining in southeast Michigan, this should be in the final group of choices.Special Features:
- Nice nightJudyWDined on 6/24/2014Both ordered pepper cowboy steaks ....hubby loved the pepper it was too much for me....steaks were good but not great which was disappointing. Spinach was flavorless (asked to be sauteed with garlic) took desert home and had discussion about including ice cream that came with it...waitress assured us she always includes it....didn't have it when we got home. Staff was very friendly and professional. Have been here a few times before and liked it very much and chose it for our Anniversary. It was good but not special. Seated under a bright light and next to a door that staff was going in and out constantly even though I made reservations long ahead of time and stated it was a special occasion. Staff was very kind in mentioning that.Special Features:
- We always feel specialweknowfoodDined on 6/21/2014We enjoy dining out with or without friends at Novi Chophouse. We like to try new places, but always come back to Novi Chophouse if we crave a consistent, fine dining, perfectly prepared meal. It is a hidden gem! I usually get the filet and my husband loves the scallops. The crab cakes are delicious, scalloped potatoes, and the seasonal vegetable are a must. They use to have the most amazing risotto, however, lately it has been a little overcooked. Overall, we would highly recommend Novi Chophouse. It says a lot when the same waitstaff work there year over year. They must be doing something right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummmSuperb16Dined on 6/14/2014Took my parents here for their 40th wedding anniversary and the food was amazing. Everyone ordered something different so we could all try and it, every dish was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & service !!RogerDined on 6/14/2014Excellent food & service !! .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/13/2014Great meat. Good lobster appetizer. Great service. Somewhat pricey, but worth it.Special Features:
- GrammaKatDined on 6/13/2014This was our first time at the No. VI Chophouse and it far exceeded our expectations! The food was phenomenal and plentiful (no "elf food" here!), and presented with flare from our wonderful server, Brent! While Novi is a little far out of our normal area, we are putting No. VI Chophouse at the top of the list for a special occasion dinner!!!Special Features:
- FantasticabbollingDined on 6/13/2014My husband and I have eaten here quite a few times and it has always been nice, however we just recently had dinner and it was absolutely fantastic. Kudos to the chef! Our waitress was also great, we truly had a wonderful evening. We will be going again for sure!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.