27000 Karevich Dr
Novi, MI 48377Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theepicureangroup.com/novichophouse.html
- Phone: 2483055210
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Kalmus
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering Options Available
- Private Party Facilities: Private Party Options Available
A word from NOVI Chophouse
Whether you're celebrating an anniversary or conducting a business dinner, the ambiance of NOVI Chophouse is the perfect setting. From our classic old-world steakhouse decor and white linens to our custom 1700 degree broiler, NOVI Chophouse and its food, wine selection and service will leave a lasting impression on you and your guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
NOVI Chophouse - Best Restaurants in Novi ›
NOVI Chophouse reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (53)romantic (47)notable wine list (27)fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (10)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Overall experienceNnaemekaDined on 10/18/2014Great service by the waiter. The cowboy steak was ok; however the rest of my meal was excellent.Special Features:
- TRoniDined on 10/18/2014NOVI Chophouse is a restaurant that we try to go to at least once a year or so. It has a nice quiet feet to it and the food is always prepared very well. The service is always excellent and the presentation is very nice. We always find a nice wine on their list that works well for us.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Overall experience was great.. We enjoyed ourselves :-)Special Features:
- Just shy of outstanding this timePerfectBiteDined on 10/11/2014Have dined at the chop house many times. Great wine list, food and service. Tonight was just a tiny bit off. The crab cakes were delicious but not thoroughly heated - cold in spots. Our entrees arrived before our morel bisque (always a favorite) but the server proactively adjusted our check for the mistake. The entrees, Steak Au Poivre and No.VI Beef Wellington, were up to usual standards - expertly prepared and quite tasty! And we've never been disappointed with the quality and value on the wine list. They also did a great job with our son's meal: he has some food allergies and they were very attentive to our requests. Looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatersVIPDined on 10/11/2014Brent our waiter was fantastic. Ask for him next time you go there.Special Features:
- Nice pleasant eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Warm friendly greeting Efficient and knowledgeable server could have explained that even though the menu appears to be ala carte, it is not. We ended up ordering unnecessary sides Calamari app less than impressive Excellent Entrees well presented Desserts, just ok. Cocktails and wine fairly priced Dining room attendant was excellent, he was attentive without hovering. Overall, a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulNancypantsDined on 10/3/2014As usual, the NoVI Chophouse did not disappoint. Our meal was delicious, and the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceRoDoDined on 10/3/2014Menu was wonderful; food was ok - Brent, our waiter, was very charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DarkNot2happyDined on 9/26/2014Too dark and too expensive. Food is just so-so.. This is so stupid that I have to write 50 characters you need to update your review system this is so stupid that I have to write at least 50 words you need to update your review system this is so stupid that I have to break 50 characters you need to update your review system on your menu this is so stupid that I have the right 50 characters you need to update your review system this is so's stupid that I have to write so many characters you need to update your review system this is so stupid with the character limitation you need to update your review system this is so stupid that you have to have so many characters you need to update your review system this is so stupid that you have ......
- Amazing RestaurantkaspyDined on 9/25/2014NOVI Chophouse is a gem hidden within the Crown Plaza outside Fountain Walk. Fantastic menu, amazing food, great wine, and an incredible wait staff. I highly recommend a visit.Special Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseafoodieDined on 9/20/2014Decided here after reading reviews after canceling dinner reservations somewhere else. Upon walking in, realized that the restaurant was just as nice as our original food. The waiter was pleasant and attended to every need. We left full and happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnernicetouchDined on 9/19/2014My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at the Novi Chop House. I made the reservation on Open Table and requested a more private table as it was our anniversary. The service was excellent, the food was delicious and our table was perfect. We ordered dessert and anxiously waited for the creme brulee. When the server brought it out there was a candle on it and hand written in chocolate it said happy anniversary. What an amazing touch to a beautiful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great night outlovingfinefoodDined on 9/13/2014My friend and I take each other out for our birthdays to fine restaurants in the Metro area. We have been doing this for about 20 years. NoVI Chop House was our latest and we were very satisfied. Our waiter Eric was top notch, very professional and friendly. The food was magnificent. We had the 6 Oz filet, and the mac and cheese. The Ambiance was exactly as we preferred, muted lighting with enough soft music and ambient chatter to drown out our laughter. Worth every penny. We will be back for one of their special dining experiences that they advertised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!IsthereawordDined on 9/2/2014The food is always consistently great. Excellent wait staff, knowledgeable of the menu and preparation options.Special Features:
- Great food!YoungishDined on 8/30/2014The food was outstanding! The crab cakes and the salmon was delicious! Our waiter was very polite and professional. The ambiance was just not what I expected. Very dark & old. This is the place to go with grandparents, they would fit right in. Recommended for the older crowd only.Special Features:
- A hidden gemMichigannativeDined on 8/22/2014We visited the Novi Chophouse while on a short vacation in the area. Little did we know that this restaurant is a hidden gem in the Novi area. The food was outstanding and the service spot on. We plan to return the next time our travels take us to Novi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience as always!FoodieVIPDined on 8/20/2014My wife and I always enjoy dining here. The food is always delicious and prepared well. One extremely important highlight of dining at the Novi Chophouse is the attentive and friendly level of service provided by the staff. Particularly noteworthy and deserving of praise is our waiter, Brent. Brent is the ultimate professional with the most friendly demeanor and knowledge of the Chophouse menu. He makes you feel welcome and special and is one of the key reasons we return to the Chophouse time and again. He is genuinely concerned and performs responsibly to ensure that you receive not only great food, but have an overall enjoyable experience. This level of exceptional service has rapidly becoming a lost art and is most appreciated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No.VI Chop HouseFFGFDined on 8/16/2014I was surprised on a Saturday night that there was no free valet service as specified in the listing although parking was not a problem. The food was excellent albeit pricey and the ambience was nearly perfect for a 'date night' except there were a couple very loud people close by. Not sure why some cannot control their voice level in a nice restaurant. Anyway not the fault of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Special night out celebrationDatenightdinerDined on 7/30/2014We went to celebrate our anniversary with our son because our sitter had cancelled. We hadn't been in a few years because our prior experience wasn't that positive. We decided to try it again and had a positive experience. Crab cakes appetizer was delicious, crab legs were good but cold when they arrived, beef Wellington was excellent. Our server was attentive and helpful in deciding what to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasions.MedinaDined on 7/24/2014Dinner was great, steaks done perfect. I would definitely come here again. Servers name was Josh he was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MartinFamilyDined on 7/14/2014Great atmosphere, excellent staff, fabulous food, and unbelievable service. Manager Kelly, bartender Dean, and server Brent make it a personable experience! Filet and Lobster are awesome! We recommend calamari for an appetizer and Brussels for your side! House salad tastes best with their blue cheese dressing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodreviewerDined on 7/14/2014You go for the food so you want it to be awesome. Morel mushroom bisque is a treatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placePickyeater83Dined on 7/11/2014Me and my husband have dined there on more than one occasion and each time the food is great and service. Overall we will Return AgainSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Pleased with our first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014This was our first visit and we couldn't have been more pleased. Our meals were delicious, the service was excellent from start to finish (especially our waiter Erik) and the ambiance was just perfect. We look forward to a return visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningRickODined on 7/7/2014I always have a great experience and delightful dinner, this is truly a great place to have a business meal or a quiet time with that special person!Special Features:
- One of Detroit's BestBradDined on 6/26/2014We tend to visit some of the city's finest restaurants, but we chose No. VI for our anniversary. Always good, and excellent service. If you are looking for fine dining in southeast Michigan, this should be in the final group of choices.Special Features:
- Nice nightJudyWDined on 6/24/2014Both ordered pepper cowboy steaks ....hubby loved the pepper it was too much for me....steaks were good but not great which was disappointing. Spinach was flavorless (asked to be sauteed with garlic) took desert home and had discussion about including ice cream that came with it...waitress assured us she always includes it....didn't have it when we got home. Staff was very friendly and professional. Have been here a few times before and liked it very much and chose it for our Anniversary. It was good but not special. Seated under a bright light and next to a door that staff was going in and out constantly even though I made reservations long ahead of time and stated it was a special occasion. Staff was very kind in mentioning that.Special Features:
- The following 701 reviews are from the NOVI Chophouse reviews archive.
- We always feel specialweknowfoodDined on 6/21/2014We enjoy dining out with or without friends at Novi Chophouse. We like to try new places, but always come back to Novi Chophouse if we crave a consistent, fine dining, perfectly prepared meal. It is a hidden gem! I usually get the filet and my husband loves the scallops. The crab cakes are delicious, scalloped potatoes, and the seasonal vegetable are a must. They use to have the most amazing risotto, however, lately it has been a little overcooked. Overall, we would highly recommend Novi Chophouse. It says a lot when the same waitstaff work there year over year. They must be doing something right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummmSuperb16Dined on 6/14/2014Took my parents here for their 40th wedding anniversary and the food was amazing. Everyone ordered something different so we could all try and it, every dish was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & service !!RogerDined on 6/14/2014Excellent food & service !! .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/13/2014Great meat. Good lobster appetizer. Great service. Somewhat pricey, but worth it.Special Features:
- GrammaKatDined on 6/13/2014This was our first time at the No. VI Chophouse and it far exceeded our expectations! The food was phenomenal and plentiful (no "elf food" here!), and presented with flare from our wonderful server, Brent! While Novi is a little far out of our normal area, we are putting No. VI Chophouse at the top of the list for a special occasion dinner!!!Special Features:
- FantasticabbollingDined on 6/13/2014My husband and I have eaten here quite a few times and it has always been nice, however we just recently had dinner and it was absolutely fantastic. Kudos to the chef! Our waitress was also great, we truly had a wonderful evening. We will be going again for sure!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicous eveningRchristyDined on 6/7/2014My first Chop House experience and it was amazing. I was a hit for making this choice fo my new lady freind. The food was superb, one of the best cooked steaks I have had in a long time. I have been to Shulas, the Gaylord, RuthChris in Florida and in INDY- this ranked among them as a great steak place. Not as pricey as others of same caliber and quality. Service was tremendous, did not have to ask for anything and they were there for both myself and my date. Definately put us both at ease...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak Better ExperienceAdamDined on 6/7/2014Our server was an absolute professional. The managers were also attentive assuring that our experience was good. Dinner and dessert were wonderful. I had the filet with zip sauce and my girlfriend had the salmon with saffron sauce and they were both outstanding. The creme brûlée was among the best I've had. This was our first anniversary and I look forward to spending many more at No. VI Chophouse.Special Features:
- Another Great Dinner the ChophouseWixomResidentDined on 5/20/2014If you are looking for consistency, No. VI Chophouse should be on your list. Upon arriving at No. VI Chophouse, we were greeted by the friendly and polite hostess. We arrived a bit early and therefore decided to go to the bar for a cocktail. The bartender was also polite and friendly. They have a excellent selection of wine, beer (nothing on tap, only bottles), and liquor. We then went to our table in the dining room where we were seated at our favorite table (they keep ones preferences on file). Our server, Josh, was polite, friendly, and knowledgeable about the menu specials, and throughout the meal he was attentive but did not hover unnecessarily. We'll definitely ask for Josh next time we're there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FIndRickODined on 5/20/2014I have never had less than an exceptional experience at No. VI fantastic food, great place to have a business dinner and they always make you feel specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014Went there for brunch and our waiter,Matt was too busy cleaning and setting up the tables than serving us. We had to ask 3 times to give us water! He wasn't around to check if our plates are done or if we needed something. And they claim to be a fine dining expecting to have exceptional service?! On top of that regardless of their service they automatically put in a 19% gratuity! Seriously???Special Features:
- Just okSamry7Dined on 5/10/2014It's smells like chlorine in the restaurant because it is located inside of a hotel that has an indoor pool. I ordered a filet medium well it came out well done and very dry and my husband had salmon and it was very overcooked and dry
- Fall ShortCaramiaDined on 5/3/2014Saddened upon arrival that the restaurant was attached to a hotel, my impression was immediately altered when I entered the dining area; the ambiance there was romantic. Then, I was escorted to the back of the restaurant into a converted room near the pool. The chlorine smell was overwhelming and the feel of that area was no where comparable to the main dining area. The wine selection was adequate, the appetizer, bread and sides were superb. The cut of steak was AMAZING! However, I am accustomed to a more buttery, savory flavor and found the "Detroit Zip Sauce" offered here was much too acidic for me.