Novecento Pasta & Grill
3837 Main St.
Culver City, CA 90232Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Novecento Pasta & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.novecentopastagrill.com/
- Phone: 3108423838
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:30AM - 2:00PM
Dinner:Monday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 9:00PM
Friday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, International
- Executive Chef: Giuseppe S.
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can accommodate your catering needs please call for more details.
A word from Novecento Pasta & Grill
Novecento Pasta & Grill is an Italian restaurant that has been serving Culver City locals since 1995. Culver City"s newspaper has acclaimed Novecento with many awards including: "Best Italian in Culver City", "Most Romantic", "Best Service", and many more! If you want the best Italian food in Culver City and want to be treated like you're part of the family, Novecento Pasta and Grill is the best choice.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Novecento Pasta & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- OK foodEricDined on 1/4/2014I got the Lamb chop special, undercooked, glad I ordered medium-well, too much gristle and not much flavor. The ravioli that came with it were great, Others at the table enjoyed their Chicken Picata and Salmon Nice wine, prices are reasonable, charming atmosphere, we were overwhelmed by the strong cheese odor when we entered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years Eve in the NieghborhoodAppoloDined on 12/31/2013We had a great time at Novecento- service was excellent, food was great and enjoyed the house wines! We both ordered Penne pasta with a ragu sauce and the portions were generous and we enjoyed the home-made taste. We loved not having to drive all over town and the atmosphere was friendly. We have dined here many times and will return in the near future.Special Features:
- Too much noise and soybean oilSlangevarDined on 12/30/2013I last went to Novecento years ago when it was a lovely, intimate little Italian restaurant. A lot seems to have changed. We made reservations on a weeknight and found the restaurant packed, and not in a good way. The tables were crowded and badly arranged; everyone was aware of their neighbor. The lights were too bright, the noise too loud and the service seemed harried and unprepared. Most importantly, it seemed like the food quality has dipped. The wine list was very basic and many of the dishes were cooked with soybean oil rather than olive oil (which is more expensive). We'd asked before booking since one of our diners has a soy allergy, but didn't find out the truth until we ordered. Until they pull it together, I'd give Sotto a try.
- KajRKajRVIPDined on 12/30/2013A Culver City gem! We came here for our first date 15 years ago, and still love the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family GatheringCherylDined on 12/26/2013Our entire family went to the restaurant before the theater. We loved the food, the service was good and the price very reasonable.Special Features:
- DanishDelightDined on 10/19/2013Decent italian food and a good standard variety on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good enough but I expected moreOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/11/2013First glass of wine that I ordered was poured from a bottle that was obviously open too long b/c it tasted flat and like vinegar, so I sent it back. 2nd glass (Riesling) was very nice so I ordered 2 of those. I actually don't remember the two entrees that we ordered, which doesn't say much for the taste. Maybe I just ordered the wrong dishes, because I do remember that the ambiance of the restaurant was really nice, vibrant, and a welcome addition to the Culver City area which seems to be overrun with gastropubs and other pub-fare places to eat. Overall I would give this another chance based on the service and ambiance, but order something different. Based on that would determine whether I'd recommend it to someone else.Special Features:
- Novecento is Numero Uno!TremeDined on 7/13/2013Best Italian Food in Los Angeles! Been going there for 15 years. I live in New Orleans and make an annual trip each July for my birthday. Wouldn't miss it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/8/2013Culver City has a lot of great places to eat outside. This is one of them. The dish I chose was not exactly to my liking but great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great B-day Dinner!AdschwartzDined on 5/7/2013Took a date to a b-day dinner here and it was the best Italian place I've been to in the Culver area so far. Big portions. We shared an antipasta and the ravioli, which was absolutely amazing, and that was more than enough for us, especially with the awesome bread and olive oil topping that was brought out. They gave us an incredible dessert afterwards, which was completely unexpected. All in all, had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food and staff in theajjtDined on 2/2/2013Nice food and staff in the heart of downtown Culver City. My husband raves about their pescatore--well cooked, not over-cooked and nicely seasoned.Special Features:
- Wonderful service @ lunchtimeBeingVIPDined on 1/25/2013Wonderful service @ lunchtime for a group of 5. Very tasty dishes! Will be back!Special Features:
- Very good Italian food, definitelymutt21Dined on 12/31/2012Very good Italian food, definitely tasted unique (in a good way) vs. the typical run-of-the-mill Italian restaurant. Service was incredibly friendly, and you could tell there were a few regulars there. The food came out surprisingly quickly, but it was delicious nonetheless. Relatively small venue, and parking seemed like it would be an issue, but we went on NYE and found parking right out front and were seated immediately (even w/o mentioning the reservation).Special Features:
- Novacento used to be run byOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/29/2012Novacento used to be run by people who cared about the food. Sadly, it seems that the restaurant is on auto-pilot now. The wait staff is friendly and efficient, but the food, well, the food is only OK and not to the standards that had been set by this restaurant in its earlier years. For an Italian place that is in Culver City and run by people who care about what goes on the plate you might try Brunello Trattoria on Washington. I would have gone there this day, but it was closed for the Holidays.
- Nice small gemScottMcDined on 12/27/2012Went here before we saw TWISTED DICKENS by 2nd City. This was a great night of fun and food. Found this on open table and it really is a gem. Small, Xmas tree hanging upside down Interesting ambience. Highly recommended. Only minor problem is waiter king if forgot us when a person of note had dinner also. We will be back!!Special Features:
- Novecento is a really goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/20/2012Novecento is a really good family-owned Italian restaurant. Consistently good food.Special Features:
- Try it!EstelleVIPDined on 12/19/2012Excellent service & food. Very accommodating staff. Very plain atmosphere. Would definitely return!Special Features:
- Delicious Italian fare.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/13/2012wonderful and authentic Italian food. avoids the 'americanization' of Italian dishes - stays true to the flavors and textures of the original. pasta is properly cooked and the marinara sauce is delectable. i loved the fusilli with italian sausage. my colleagues enjoyed their plates as well. Deserts were full and rich. Service was warm and attentive.Special Features:
- Had a lovely dinner at Novecento.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/5/2012Had a lovely dinner at Novecento. The food was very good and tasted very homemade and the wine very good for the pricepoint. Service was also excellent. Would definitely go back and recommend to a friend.Special Features:
- Despite the fact they takeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/19/2012Despite the fact they take 900pm reservations and I arrived 15 minutes early, I was refused service.
- It was nice, but not exceptional.NicknameDined on 11/5/2012It was nice, but not exceptional. The main plus was that it was quiet enough to carry on a conversation, in contrast to the nearby establishments on Main Street.
- The food was excellent, theOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/27/2012The food was excellent, the service was great. Nice, small place, great ambiance. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- We've eaten @ Novacento sincebayrayDined on 10/26/2012We've eaten @ Novacento since it opened. It was good then & is even better now!!!Special Features:
- A pleasant suprise. We couldn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/20/2012A pleasant suprise. We couldn't get into a restaurant next door and booked (and got a table with open table) in just a minute. Food was really good and priced reasonable.Special Features:
- Excellent service as usual,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/15/2012Excellent service as usual, but was a little dissapointed in the Pasta Pescatori entre - seafood was overcooked and marinara sauce was rather bland (needed garlic and other seasoning). Fresh fish dishes were good - Cod and Halibut at $21 each. The bread on table is usaully awesome, but it was cold and a little too sweet and the pesto topping also lacked flavor. It was a very nice touch to recieve the gift of the little tiramisu pudding for our anniversary guests.
- My family had a great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/22/2012My family had a great meal here. The five of us all enjoyed our meals and the service was great! We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Good, not great Italian food.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/18/2012Good, not great Italian food. Waiter was attentive and service was good.
- My chicken was undercookedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2012My chicken was undercooked rubbbery and douced in oily wine sauce with un-cooked garlic. when i sent the plate back for plain spaghetti, they charged me 7 dollars for it.
- 3 of the 4 of us were immediatelyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/20123 of the 4 of us were immediately happy with our choices. One person ordered a pasta dish w/meatballs which came cold. A quick trip back to the kitchen and they were returned hot and tasty. If you like Olive Spread tampenade, you'll love what they bring out ASAP. Otherwise, you can also ask for bread and olive oil dip. The shrimp pasta special was delicious.Special Features:
- One of my favorite placesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/26/2012One of my favorite places in downtown Culver City. Supre friendly staff. Great food. House made pasta is AMAZING.Special Features:
- I originally choose this spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/17/2012I originally choose this spot because of the moderate noise level which was important to me on a first date. The staff was very professional and waited on us without hovering. But best of all the food and wine were excellent!Special Features:
- place was suprisingly emptysdf35114VIPDined on 2/3/2012place was suprisingly empty for a Fri night- Culver City is normally packed. Smell when you 1st come is in of aged cheese but if you don't know that, might be a little off setting at 1st. the dip for the foccocia is amazing
- nice, reliable Italian restaurant;foodieladyDined on 1/27/2012nice, reliable Italian restaurant; better than average foodSpecial Features:
- Disappointed, but will give 2nd tryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/21/2012We arrived early for our reservation, were told it would be a 5 minute wait, and then were seated 25 minutes later. I was really excited to try the polenta and the gnocchi, due to reviews, fact that they are some of my favorite foods, and they were the main reason we chose this restaurant. They were out of BOTH! We ended up getting the Insalata Caprese, the well-reviewed Ravioli Della Nona and the Pollo al Limone e Capperi. Neither of us were impressed by our entrees and the Caprese was the highlight of the meal (not saying much). I'd like to give the place another shot, in hopes I can try the polenta and gnocchi, but mostlikely, I'd choose other restaurants over this one where I know I'm guaranteed to have quality food & service.
- We are so happy to have NovecentoOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/31/2011We are so happy to have Novecento in our neighborhood. This very friendly staff has been consistent with service & quality for years.Special Features:
- Small but good neighborhood spotSmoophDined on 12/31/2011We wanted a quiet place to have an early dinner on New Years Eve, and Novecento fit the bill. There were a few families there, but the kids were quiet and the food was pretty good (not like the most amazing ever, but still pretty good.) Menu is small but it really looked like there was something for everyone.Special Features:
- typical New York Italian atmospherelunchbunchVIPDined on 12/15/2011typical New York Italian atmosphere. Lots of people, a very nice outdoor , enclosed patio. owner was there and very gracious. Food good but not outstanding.Special Features:
- Next time I'm in the moodLeticiaDined on 11/15/2011Next time I'm in the mood for Italian, real Italian, I won't go here.
- We were pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/12/2011We were pleasantly surprised to find this great little place in the midst of the downtown Culver City scene. Very good food, attentive service and reasonable prices. We will come back!Special Features:
- Had an early dinner date andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/16/2011Had an early dinner date and parked at the nearby garage. My date commented on how much she loved the interior. We both ordered pasta with chicken and spinach. It was excellent along with the bread and olives. The waiter was very attentive and nice. I will definitely visit again.Special Features: