Novecento New York
343 West Broadway
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
ArgentineanPrice: $31 to $50
Novecento New York
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.novecento.com/
- Phone: 2129254706
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Monday thru Friday from 11 am to 4 pm
Weekend Brunch from 10 am to 4 pm
Lunch Everyday: from 11 am to 5 pm
Dinner: Monday thru Sunday 5pm to 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Argentinean
- Executive Chef: Oscar Santana
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Full Bar, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We can cater your special event or luncheon at the office. Contact us for our catering options firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Events: New York City's vibe and atmosphere is capture in our private room where all type of events are celebrated everyday of the week
A word from Novecento New York
The cuisine at Novecento is a refined co-existence of Argentine, Mediterranean and Pan Latin cuisines heightened by French techniques, with an emphasis on presentation – this style is perhaps best called NUEVO BISTRO. A comfort food restaurant catering first and foremost to the neighborhood clientele. Excellent food, good value and outstanding service create an atmosphere that is sure to become a regular hang-out. New York’s most welcoming meeting point, regardless of final destination is always Novecento. “MEET ME AT 900.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Novecento New York reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (4)neighborhood gem (3)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)fit for foodies (2)hot spot (2)romantic (2)good for groups (2)special occasion (1)Show More
- Good night outKiwiinNYDined on 6/7/2014This is the 2nd time we have been to Novecento, the first was during the week. On a Saturday night the crowd was more lively and we struggled a little to communicate with our friends. The food was good, although my entree - NY Strip Steak was quite tough and was not as well presented as I would have expected. They also had the Stanley Cup playing which I must admit I wasn't unhappy about. However 1/3 of the way through the TV's were switched to some obscure boxing event. When I asked if we could return to the hockey, I was told that the owner had a business interest in the boxing and they weren't allowed to change it. Overall this second visit did not live up to my first which I was hoping it would.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodMichaelDined on 6/7/2014I've been coming here for years. I've never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Argentine CuisingREDSTOREVIPDined on 5/10/2014Had a nice meal in Downtown NYC with my partner from Argentina. We enjoyed the meal with good appetizers. Best treat was that they carried Colome wine, which is a great Malbec from Salta region. The staff were very attentive and informative. Check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 198 reviews are from the Novecento New York reviews archive.
- never againagentaDined on 3/22/2014Too noisy we had to scream to be able to hear each otherthe waiter was latino and didn't understand a good spanish nor he knew Argentinian plates, we had to call him for water all the time.We were 6 and all said " bad choice "
- Not authenticWorstVIPDined on 3/13/2014Restaurant claims to be affiliated to a traditional Buenos Aires joint, so I invited a friend to savor real Argentine fare. I was surprised when entering the place and hearing Mexican music being played. This is the 21st century, most people already know there is a difference between Argentina and Mexico, it is increasingly difficult to fool anyone. If I wanted a quesadilla while listening to Julieta Benegas, I would have gone to Rosa Mexicano, not to Novecento. When I asked the manager if he could play some Argentine music (tango for example), he said he couldn't because the songs were coming from the satellite (sic) in a perfect Mexican accent... If you want an authentic Argentine place and good service, I suggest you go elsewhere...
- Nothing specialLike2eatDined on 2/15/2014The food was just ok. Mostly bland I would say. The menu is plain. The bar is very traditional. No flavored vodka, which each lady at our table tried to order. It was a Saturday night at 8pm and the restaurant was more than 50% empty.
- Soho StalwartFlyinDined on 1/26/2014Novocento remains a steady, solid option for Soho. It is mostly no nonsense, with just a touch of the area's pretentiousness. I find the meals satisfying and reliable. Just good basic Argentine food with a few interesting touches. The environment is comfortable and the staff usually good. Welcoming for date night or groups or even kids. Feels like Buenos Aires meets New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013We celebrete New Years Eve , and everything was excellent . The only commentary is, that it was very expensive , probably because of the new years eve , but to much in my consideration . Even though , we spent a very nice timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013Pasamos Navidad, realmente el restaurant es lindo, se come bien. A mi gusto a destacar es el olor, como a humedad que aparece de a ratos. El resto muy bien, por ser navidad tenian el 50 % descuento en vinos, que realmente es muy bueno para el que esta festejando.-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service from the momentSarahDined on 12/1/2013Amazing service from the moment we entered until the moment we left. The butternut squash soup was lovely, and the steak and halibut were cooked perfectlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday spotMMoyaDined on 11/15/2013I was pleased with the energy and location of Novecento. But it was a bit overcrowded. It is a great birthday spot because I actually received my dinner for free, as I had a group of 7. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had a great time with aAndre1214iDined on 11/4/2013I had a great time with a friend, the food was really good !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good meatandreaVIPDined on 10/19/2013First time at Novecento and had a very pleasant experience. The steak was very good and perfectly prepared.Special Features:
- A great fitblimey01Dined on 9/27/2013I took the family up to the city to celebrate my grandmother's birthday, and looked for something off the beaten path for them (not a chain), and decently appealing cuisine-wise to everyone. It worked out well. The food reminded me of being down in Buenos Aires earlier this year, the bar was great, and massive windows gave it a nice open air yet cozy feeling letting a perfect night drift in. The staff was responsive and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- A slice of Buenos Aires in NYC!sandydlcVIPDined on 9/21/2013My husband is Argentine and loves to seek out Argentine restaurants when we travel. We had been to Novecento in South Beach so decided to try them out in NYC. We had a great meal, with all of the traditional Argentine dishes prepared to perfection. We tried the provoleta, mollejas, hangar steak and of course the dulce de leche crepes for dessert. Not only did the dishes rival visits to other US-based Argentine restaurants, they were all better than much of the food we had while in Buenos Aires this past February. Great restaurant with very attentive and polite staff!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plastic in the FoodMegafoodieDined on 9/7/2013There were pieces of plastic in 2 separate orders of eggs benedict at our table and the server didn't really do anything to ammend the problem. She also left the 2 dishes on the bill at the end even though the plates were untouched.
- Not impressive at all, WeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2013Not impressive at all, We were excepting a lot more ....for the price ....too expensiveSpecial Features:
- always a sure thinghatecheapfoodVIPDined on 8/22/2013Mojitos packed with a punch. Mussels are delicious but the serving bowl has gotten considerably smaller as I've been dining here for the past few years. Use to be served in a deep dish bowl now its in a size of soup bowl. Disappointing with the shrinkage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but loud and hecticexTokyoResidentDined on 8/16/2013The food was good, but I have eaten at better Argentinian restaurants. It was not bad at all, but not as good as expected. The atmosphere was very loud, hectic, & chaotic, but that is the scene of this restaurant and that is OK as long as that is what you want. The wine we had was great. I will try again when I have the opportunity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diferent placeJPLOWNDESDined on 8/9/2013Nice place, great food, the dulce de leche deserts arr amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING EXPERIENCE!!!worldtravelerDined on 7/18/2013Definitely one of my favorite restaurants. The decor, ambiance, service and food are all exceptional! The food portions are very generous and they use the highest quality meat, fish and ingredients. Everything tastes so savory and delicious. Located in the heart of Soho, Novecento is one of the best restaurants in NY. Whether to go on a date or just with some friends I highly recommend Novecento.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatLeogetzDined on 7/16/2013All around great experience I will definitely be coming back.thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Porteno to go - BA to NYCdrroberts2VIPDined on 7/15/2013Missing Buenos Aires ? Never been, but want to go ? Try Novecento, as close to Barrio Norte as one can get without flying 10 hours to EZE. Great place, and fun drinks specials. Meats and pasta the way to go, and do not forget a glass of Malbec.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and drinkstvanderDined on 6/29/2013My boyfriend loves this place. We went on a saturday afternoon and the service was great. I recommend their mojitos, the tilapia dish, chorizo Y morcilla and chimichurri! I will definetely be returning!:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soho standbyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/27/2013A sturdy, old time Soho restaurant and bar, with big screens for watching soccer matches, with beer on tap and plenty of Malbec. Really delicious empanadas, skirt steak and chicken, but the chorizo was softer than the type I'm used to eating, more like a hot dog than a cured sausage. Salad was very fresh and not over-dressed. Service was very nice and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/22/2013Having avoided this place noticing that while the food was decent, prices had increased nearly 50% in the last 5 years (hello economic downturn?) it was late and options were limited. BUT "Private" party upstairs resulted in disco level music BLASTED into dining area. After screaming at each other "Is this OK with you?" we left.
- DrabPublius52Dined on 6/15/2013Overpriced and drab cocktails. You should get 3 cocktails that size for $13. Also there was 4 times the quantity of rice as salmon. Yikes.
- Hip Argentine Cuisine....OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/8/2013My husband and I went to Novecento based off a simple Open Table search for Argentine restaurants. We grabbed a drink at the noisy and busy bar - Sangria was good. We tried the Argentine Trio (we are meat lovers). The morcilla, molleja and chorizo was perfectly cooked and accompanied by chimichurri sauce. We ordered the Pesto Pasta dish and an Entrana. STEAK was delicious...pasta was al dente and all around a GREAT MEAL. We finished the meal with panqueque con dulce de lech con elado vanilla. My husband who isn't much of a dulce de leche lover ate the entire thing (with my help). Its a busy hip restaurant in a great area.... My only request is some Tango music to make you feel like your in BA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exelente :)darvic6Dined on 6/8/2013Muy Buena comida ,servicio y ambiente ,esperamos volver pronto y Voy a recomendar a mis amigos para Que prueven la exelente comida Argentina :) .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great choice of ArgentinianSteveRDined on 6/6/2013great choice of Argentinian food. Service was fairly good and friendly, prices were OK, got fairly crowded so the seats in back are a bit claustophobic
- A gem gone astray...MaadiaDined on 5/26/2013I have been going to Novecento for years and always enjoyed the friendly nature of the staff and the delicious food. There was always a good balance of trendy SoHo types and everyday neighborhood New Yorkers sprinkled with folks from Europe and South America that made the hang there a nice experience. It is no longer like this. It was full of kids with no manners, the service was terrible and the food was passable. I was saddened to see the decline. I do hope that it is temporary.
- Excelent food (taste and presentatijuancruzDined on 5/12/2013Excelent food (taste and presentation). Excelent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOISY BUT NICEFoodMomVIPDined on 5/12/2013We went for Mother's Day Lunch as my daughter wanted Argentinian food. It was very noisy and the tables were very close together. The waiter was very pleasant and the food was good. The prices were not too high. They were showing soccer on a big screen tv. It was a fun place for young people. Not a place to go and have a quiet meal and be able to talk with your companion.I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendsJesperDined on 5/11/2013Great service and superb food. I can really recommend it to everyone i see, next time we are in New York we will come back. /JesperSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Sunday NIght DinnerItaloKiwiDined on 5/5/2013We have been to 900 in Miami beach many times and have had consistently good experiences there. Our visit here in Soho kept that tradition in good stead. The positives - We ordered the mixed meat grill which was very good with 2 glasses of the house red which was very good for a house red. We have a little boy and the staff were very attentive to adapt the menu to his picky needs. The negatives - the steak and chicken in the mixed grill were cut finely and so they got cold very quickly. How about serving it on a hot plate instead? Or cooking it on a hot plate - basque style? The house wine was very good but was $12 a glass - that seemed pricey to me. Overalll food good, staff very friendly and I'm sure we will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was absolutely delicious...OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/13/2013Food was absolutely delicious... but the service was less than stellar.
- Maybe non-brunch items are better?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2013This is a nice quiet place. The service was decent but the food was horrible. I can't remember the last time I didn't enjoy a Sunday brunch. That's probably why the restaurant was so quite.
- Excellent service and theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013Excellent service and the food was definitely delicious...El Gaucho (steak plate) is my number one recommendation.... great choice for date night!Special Features:
- Could be very romantic ifSandraVIPDined on 3/16/2013Could be very romantic if it was not so noisy and full but this must be normal for a neighborhood gem and with the little candle you can imagine you are only 2... Not a lot of wines but the Malbec is good. Good food (we took the meat, the ceviche appetizer was not the best of NY...) and friendly service.Special Features:
- Good-but-not-amazing food.RiversidedriveDined on 3/2/2013Good-but-not-amazing food. The service was excellent though, and the location is convenient to lots downtown.