Novecento - Brickell
1414 Brickell Ave.
Miami, FL 33131Neighborhood:
ArgentineanPrice: $31 to $50
Novecento - Brickell
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.novecento.com/
- Phone: 3054030900
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday and Holidays: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:45pm; Dinner: Everyday: 4:45pm- 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean, Steakhouse, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Gabriel Medici
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Available for in-house and off-site catering events embracing the Novecento's philosophy.
- Entertainment: DJ playing Thursdays and Fridays
- Special Events: 2x1 Happy Hour drinks every day from 4pm to 7pm. Early Happy Hour on Fridays from 12pm. "Wine Tuesday" 50% off the entire wine list.
A word from Novecento - Brickell
Looking for fun, great cuisine and good wines? The party is at Novecento, the Miami sibling of the two decades-old restaurant in SoHo. Great ambiance with live DJs Wed through Fri in a hot bar scene. The cuisine at Novecento is a refined co-existence of Argentine, Mediterranean and Pan-Latin cuisines, heightened by French techniques - perhaps best called Nuevo Bistro. Chef Medici's food is intriguing. Locals can't stay away from this landmark, making Novecento one of the best value restaurants in Miami. Our Argentinean signature dishes includes the typical Empanadas, Provoleta, Sweetbreads with a twist and flavorful grilled steaks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Novecento - Brickell - Best Restaurants in Miami ›
Novecento - Brickell reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (13)great for lunch (12)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (8)neighborhood gem (7)great for outdoor dining (6)special occasion (6)fit for foodies (5)great for brunch (5)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (3)romantic (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- Miami Spicing!TheRackDined on 8/16/2014Most of my party ordered from the Miami Spice Menu. They all ordered the short ribs. They were tasty (according to them) but kind of on the fatty side. This issue was addressed to the manager, and she immediately put in for a new order. I ordered the Chimmichuri Steak with mashed potatoes and it was delicious. The empanadas were yummy. Overall, it was a good time.Special Features:
- vanished quality so so servicesismoDined on 7/25/2014I booked this restaurant for an important meeting, the place was so crowded the waitress was flying from one table to another taking orders and forgetting what was asked for along the way, we wait about 20 minutes to get a soda and had ti ask another couple of waitresses for desert and the check because the first one was so busy to attend us she did not wait us!. As for the food, we select meat but were never asked how do we like it, or if we wanted the salad with dressing or not, they just poured whatever dressing they found in the kitchen. This restaurant is not what is meant to be, so pricey for a Mcdonald_type service!
- Dinner was excellentbusinessgirlDined on 7/22/2014I reserved this restaurant for my boss and a group of collegues, and the feedback was great. they loved the food, they raved about the calamari, empanadas and a great shrimp dish. they were so happy with the food they said they would return the next day. the service was great and the ambience was very appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/3/2014Arrived at appointed time, but said they did not have seat for us. Hostess, was kind enough to show us outside seating to make a choice to stay. Empanadas were good and curry was okay. Really vibrant setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- v0623Dined on 6/15/2014Great place for groups who want to have either dinner or have a drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2014We enjoyed our supper. Did not feel rushed.the food and wine were great. Had the blood puddings, which I had not eaten in a long time and they were delicious.Special Features:
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Took a $30 taxi from our hotel to this restaurant as the menu looked good. We were seated immediately, but no one approached to acknowledge us or take a drink order for 20 minutes. We decided to leave at that point. Found a great Cuban restaurant around the corner with great food and wonderful service.
- The following 158 reviews are from the Novecento - Brickell reviews archive.
- Novecento never disappointskarenskaDined on 4/24/2014Their tilapia is outstanding. We had appetizers (Ceviche and empanade) plus pizzas and good wine after the Miami Corporate Run. Thanks Novecento!Special Features:
- GREAT STEAKSHARPKNIFEVIPDined on 4/18/2014This was our first time at this restaurant. We really enjoyed the meal and the beef tenderloin was really tender and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Novocento dinnerGastroGarDined on 4/16/2014We pre-booked, but the table we were sat at was not great - no view, middle of room. The noise level, chiefly due to the music system, was a full-scale assault on the ears - I couldn't hear anything my dining companions were saying. The appetiser we selected to share was OK - ceviche. However, my main course - Novocento special pulverised beef, in breadcrumbs - was tasteless, as was the veg - I can't even remember what it was. The best thing on the plate was the mashed potatoes! Wine horrendously expensive - I could have bought the Garrigna in a wine store for less than a third of the price we paid. Overall, a really disappointing night out, at a restaurant we had been recommended to go to. We will not be darkening their doors again.
- DeliciousMSW1Dined on 4/5/2014Excellent food Excellent service Nice inside sitting Outside sitting also nice but more informalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner, but horrible service!knicks9692Dined on 4/4/2014I went on a date w/my girlfriend after hearing positive reviews from friends. After sitting for nearly 10 mins w/out a waiter, I went to the hostess to ask for some service. She came over & took our drink order. About 5 mins after that our waiter finally arrived.We placed an order for an appetizer & 2 entrees. After our order was placed, our wine arrived.15 minutes after the wine arrived, our dinner arrived.Our appetizer came out after we finished our main entrees.This was after 3 x's reminding the waiter that our appetizer had still yet to get to our table.The food was great,but the service was horrible!I won't go back to the restaurant because I don't want to chance the bad service experience.I will not recommend this restaurant to folks.Special Features:
- Dinner at NovecentohungryguyDined on 4/3/2014Great atmosphere in and out doors, relaxing and comforting. Fun, great bar, good music, excellent food. friendly efficient service. Moderately priced. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Reliable and consistently goodGBfromNYVIPDined on 3/25/2014We visit Miami nearly every March for the Sony Open Tennis and always make it a point to stop at Nvecento for dinner. It is a terrific venue with great service and delicious food. Tuesday is our favorite night since they offer bottles of wine at 50% off, which is an even better value since their wine list is broad and their normal markups are reasonable. We started with the beef empanadas which were delicious my entree was the half boneless grilled chicken and my wife had one of the seafood dishes (sorry I cannot remember which) but regardless both were terrific. As always the service was prompt and courteousSpecial Features:
- TableLulylinckDined on 3/21/2014We were sur inside The Restaurant and The only bad The thiago was that The table was moving. We asked in two ocassions if someone could do something but no responseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good sunday lunch!MVCADined on 3/16/2014Food was amazing as always, but the service was somehow slow. Overall it was a great sunday lunch! PS: TRY THEIR DULCE DE LECHE CREPES!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good selection of food andGecoDined on 3/11/2014Good selection of food and wine. Had lunch on the patio, atmosphere/ambiance was great. We enjoyed Tuesday 50% of wine. I would definitely recommend the restaurant to my colleagues and friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good for happy hourCipovicciVIPDined on 3/9/2014The restaurant is a good fit for a business meeting or for bigger groupsSpecial Features:
- Vibrant place. Excellent food.NewYorkerDined on 3/6/2014The place is very vibrant. The food was surprisingly refined for an Argentinian bistro. The wine list is overpriced and the service was kind of slow. Still had a good time and would return to sample the rest of the menu.Special Features:
- The place was packed on aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/6/2014The place was packed on a Thursday night. The waiter was slow, not on the ball, often had to track him down. The foot was outstanding. The overall noise level was very high, this place has no view, crowded tables and generally so so sceneSpecial Features:
- Brickell Power LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/28/2014One of Brickell's premier lunch locations, there is no bad meal at Novencento. This restaurant is also used as the training kitchen for this group's other locations. When in doubt, pick a steak. Also, the roasted sweet potatos are a tasty side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissapointmentdisenchantedVIPDined on 2/14/2014Even considering it was Valentine's Day, the food was disappointing and over priced. Will not return.Special Features:
- Great nightLuvthisplaceDined on 2/8/2014First time at novecento, it wast outstanding ! From the time we arrived to the food and service. Staff was great! Will definitely go again and again....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business MeetingMITIDined on 1/22/2014We took a client for a business meeting and the food was excellent, the waiter recommended the house wine, which was really good. In general it is a great place for business meetings or any other occasion.Special Features:
- hermoso lugar!!!negriDined on 12/25/2013Cenamos la noche de navidad y nos gustó mucho el lugar, buena comida y muy buena atención!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went there for Christmas dinner.bcwaltiDined on 12/25/2013Went there for Christmas dinner. The food was really quite good. Was expecting a bit more classy / romantic setting, was not expecting all the TVs mounted to the walls. We were in and out the door within less than an hour (had appetizers and a main course). Normally that would be good for a restaurant in America, but for Christmas evening, I had spent a long time prettying myself up for a night out, so to be done within less than an hour was a bit a let down :-(I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as alwaysJorgeadmVIPDined on 10/30/2013Excellent argentinian food, excellent service, GREAT wine list (go for the Malbecs), and don't forget the crepes for dessert.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceJorgeadmVIPDined on 10/1/2013We had a business dinner that felt like a celebration because of the great food, wine and superb service, starting from the bar, appetizers and main entrees (and we didn't order meat, which is this restaurant's specialty!) Thank you!Special Features:
- Best steak on Brickell !PauloVIPDined on 10/1/2013The steak at Novecento is really good and cooked to perfection !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal.A few caveats thoughMiamiFoodieECDined on 9/28/2013It was a wonderfully laid out meal for Miami Spice. I noticed the servers were pretty quick, but sadly were a bit too attentive- what I mean to say is that unfortunately I felt rushed eating, and they would come check up on me and my date every few minutes, which I think is a bit TOO much. Food was very well prepared, but when it came time to get the check, I didn't realize that I accidentally overpaid in cash by 20 dollars, and didn't get that money back because I made it home by the time I noticed. So I basically dropped a monster tip (on top of what was already included in the price). This was the only major downside since it left me with a bad impression of my waiters. Would I return? Maybe, but I'll never pay cash there ever again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well prepared food & decent serviceMarcDined on 9/21/2013Had the Miami Spice menu. Ceviche well prepared had good flavors and accompaniments. I had the seared grouper, which was perfectly done and flavored. Tried friend's steak medium rare and also great flavor. Dessert was also decoratively prepared, tried mango cheesecake which was a standard cheesecake with a homemade mango salsa (the mango was fresh). Chocolate souffle with ice cream was also very tasty and all plates were elaborately decorated and appealing to the eyes. Service was good, like most restaurants in the area. Would definitely return and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good qualty of the meatPorthosDined on 8/17/2013Buen lugar con ambiente agradable, buena decoración, la comida así como la calidad excelente. El servicio puede mejorarSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food at moderate priceWebabarDined on 8/17/2013The food was good and service was fast enough. I appreciated to move to the outdoor sofas to drink my coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFGarciaDined on 8/16/2013I really like this place. Mexico City's Novecento is also one of my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MIAMI SPICEOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2013Took my wife and two daughters and they loved it. We ordered off of the Miami Spice menu and 3 of us had the tenderloin, 1 had the corvina. The corvina was ok according to my daughter. I tasted it and I liked it but it was a very small portion. The tenderloin was the perfect size and came with a mashed potato that had mixed in eggplant and some other stuff. My wife had that as her side and she said it was good. My other daughter and I requested just plain mashed potato which they were able to make. Oh and the MS menu also included an appetizer and desert. Ceviche, empanada's and lava cake were excellent, pass on the cheesecake. It was only "fair".Special Features:
- Great for drinks!CortoCircuitoDined on 7/11/2013The place has an amazing ambience. It is great to go with friends and have drinks, it is full of people and it has a great terrace for outdoor drinks. The food menu was ok, I thought it was going to be more elaborate, but I guess the main focus of the restaurant is drinks or happy hour. I tried the empanadas and they were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SLOW SLOW S L O W service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/28/2013Every time I come here during lunch.. the service is excruciatingly S L O W. Be warned.Special Features:
- Great every timeRedheadDined on 6/8/2013Food was fresh and well prepared. Service was wonderful and quick. Plenty of servers per table. Nice atmosphere. Four could eat with meal for two steak and meat parillada.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food bad servicenotsohappyDined on 5/11/2013When we first arrived it took the waitress fifteen minutes just to get our drink order. When the remainder of our group arrived the waitress still had not returned with our drinks. We had to ask for someone to assist us. When we finally got service we received nothing but attitude. Its such a shame that a place with delicious foods lacks customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decent dishes. Quantity couldOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2013decent dishes. Quantity could have been somewhat larger. Service is fair.Special Features: