Nougatine at Jean Georges
1 Central Park West
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Nougatine at Jean Georges
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jean-georgesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2122993900x
- Hours of Operation:
BREAKFAST: Monday - Friday 7am - 11am, Saturday and Sunday 8am - 11am
SUNDAY BRUNCH: 11:45pm - 3pm
LUNCH: Monday - Saturday 11:45pm - 3pm
DINNER: Monday - Thursday 5:30pm - 11pm, Friday,Saturday & Sunday 5:00pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Jean-Georges Vongerichten
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Nougatine can accommodate parties of up to 40 guests in the Boardroom Suite, located on the third floor of the Trump International.
- Private Party Contact: Farah Abad 2123580688x13
- Special Events: Special Events Contact: Farah Abad (212) 358-0688 ext.28 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Nougatine at Jean Georges
Nougatine is the more casual sister of Jean-Georges, with a very lively bar scene at night. The restaurant attracts a mix of celebrities, socialites, and movers and shakers in the business world. Adjacent to the formal Jean-Georges dining room, Nougatine serves the signature and seasonal dishes of Chef Jean-Georges for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, 365 days a year. The menu is more casual than that offered at Jean-Georges but still market driven, utilizing only the freshest and finest ingredients. In addition to providing gorgeous views of Central Park, the newly renovated dining room by Thomas Juul-Hansen features a bustling, immaculate open kitchen. Tones of brown and cream mingle to create an elegant space that is soothing by day and exciting by night. Nougatine offers a prix-fixe lunch menu Monday through Saturday from noon to 3 p.m.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nougatine at Jean Georges reviews from OpenTable diners
555 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (295)special occasion (253)great for lunch (226)notable wine list (131)romantic (128)scenic view (123)neighborhood gem (106)great for brunch (96)great for outdoor dining (93)hot spot (78)vibrant bar scene (61)good for groups (46)late-night find (20)kid-friendly (16)Show More
- Expected moreOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/17/2014As a top place, I really expected more. The food was fine (we took the prix fix lunch), but not remarkable. As main dish I had a black Bass (excellent) on a bed of tomatoes (combination did not work that well). Our server was very pleasant, but the service was somewhat confused - for example, i got my coffee before the desert arrived and a tea ordered for the table never made it.Special Features:
- NOTHING BETTERClaireVIPDined on 9/16/2014i HAD FORGOTTEN HOW GREAT NOUGATINE COULD BE. WE HAD A LATISH LUNCH AND WERE SERVED SEVERAL THINGS FROM THE RESTAURANT. VERY DELICIOUS AND DEFINITELY ADDED TO OUR EXPERIENCE. I BROUGHT A GOOD FRIEND FROM PHILADELPHIA. WHEN SHE IS IN NY I SELECT A GREAT RESTAURANT TO EAT IN AND THIS WAS HER FIRST TIME AT NOUGATINE. SHE LOVED IT. THE MANAGER JULIEN IS A RARE TREAT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014This is just overall a great dining experience. The food and service were perfect. Even the greeting at the door was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionCCDINERVIPDined on 9/16/2014From the welcome at the front desk, to the wonderful table it was an excellent visit. Our table of 4 at lunch ate so well; the tuna tartare, veal Milanese, salmon and roast chicken were all terrific as was the molten choc cake with vanilla bean ice cream. A terrific menu, prix fix lunch is a great deal....could not have asked for a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014My steak was inedible. Very small portions. The accompanying vegetable ( if you could call it a vegetable. I needed a magnifying glass) was tasteless. My friends lobster had underdone lobster strips Not good and expensive. I won't be returning
- excellent foodchefamyDined on 9/14/2014We loved Nougatine for a more casual version of Jean Georges. The only slightly odd thing was that the appetizers looked and tasted very similar to what I had eaten in the past at Jean Georges and the entrees was much more rustic in presentation and preparation. Everything was excellent but the starters versus the entrees had a bit of a disconnect. As usual the service was very professional, the space very inviting and the food was delicious!Special Features:
- Very Enjoyablewineguy1982Dined on 9/14/2014Started with the shrimp salad, absolutely fantastic. The shrimp, avocado, greens and the dressing were all great and a nice sized portion as well. Probably the best eggs Benedict I've had. The salmon on the eggs was super fresh. Lobster dish with corn was another winner. Cheese course was good, not great. Then the chocolate cake with the warm flowing center, well everyone knows how great it is. Great but pricey wine list. Good service too. Lots of fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014We had a nice dinner with an excellent service. However one of the tasting menu entrees was way too spicy, even though we are mexicans and we normally eat spicy food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentethanjdVIPDined on 9/12/2014very pleased with this restaurant on every level. the service, table and food were wonderful.Special Features:
- Disappointing LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/10/2014The bread had a hair in it. The pinot grigio, the only pinot on the menu, was not clean and crisp The calamari was soggy and tasteless. The main courses were good but the restaurant is definitely not worth the money or the hype.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014Everything was outstanding.Food, ambiance, service.Special Features:
- Excellent service but no bar spaceNeatsDined on 9/8/2014Our only complaint with nougatine was the bar. We arrived early and because people were eating at the bar we could not have a pre dinner drink. We had to leave and return an hour later for dinner. The hostess was also not accommodating or interested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, elegant and lovelylynnDined on 9/8/2014No better place for a ladies' luncheon---chic, elegant, delicious, comfortable, lovely.Special Features:
- Ricknat1VIPDined on 9/6/2014I love it for dinner or lunch but breakfast is mediocre. Must be completely different staff
- Good experienteJoseDined on 9/5/2014Godo food ,service. Food price was ok but wine was too much expensiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- by french commentPatooDined on 9/5/2014Plat non ordinairement très bon. Beaucoup de goût, parfois à l'exces. Les entrées sont très bon tel que le calamar frit avec sa succulente sauce. Le tartare de saumon est très surprenant mais un poil salé. Les plats sont moins surprenants tels que le saumon et poulet. La purée de maïs est une bonne surprise. Enfin les desserts sont très simple tel que la glace au nougat avec son mix. Le fondant est très réussi mais sans surprise. A découvrir si vous êtes de passage. Mauvais point concernant le vin un peu cher ainsi que la bouteille d'eau pétillante compté double car servi dans 2 verres. Pour un restaurant de cette prestige c'est un peut exagérer ces petites économies. Bon restaurant dans l'ensembleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!Foodie1Dined on 9/4/2014The food was outstanding. We got the prosciutto wrapped pork chop and the beef tenderloin. Both were excellent. We shared the watermelon and goat cheese salad, very refreshing. The desserts were the star, we got a sour cream cheesecake and the best - a butterscotch pudding. Although we were already full from all the food, we almost finished the desserts. The service is really good, the waiter knew everything about the dishes. I have food allergies and he pointed out which plates I could have. The only thing that should be mentioned is that this place looks more like a business dinner place, a little bit more formal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this restaurantfoodieVIPDined on 9/4/2014Nougatine is one of my favorite restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner.Special Features:
- When there is no managerKareemVIPDined on 9/3/2014Went for the usual very good food. Ambiance is ok as I expected , food was good though less good than usual. Area was full of waiters and waitresses but somehow none was anticipating needs for a table of 8, and really had no interest in our order and presenting the best of Jean George's.
- It'special !neighborVIPDined on 9/2/2014It was all special..the food,service,but noisy..however,the round table in front for four who can't hear well,worked!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My go to for any mealHarriette322VIPDined on 9/1/2014Been going for years. Never disappointed. Warm environment. Impresses guests with best meals, top service, quiet, well paced and never rushed. Great Pris fix lunch. Outdoor tables when you bring well behaved kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGTravelingFoodieVIPDined on 9/1/2014I'm never disappointed in all the times I have come. I brought my niece for her 16th birthday experience and everything was perfection. FAVORITE restaurant I go to from someone who travels all over the world and has opportunity to eat at the finest restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great... but its not The Main RoomDocLevVIPDined on 8/31/2014I can't say I was blown away with anything except the food and attentive service but it all seemed very matter of fact and robotic. The Nougatine room is minimalistic and more casual than the main DR. We had the Yellowfin Tuna Ribbons w Avocado radish and ginger; Foie Gras with a granola and strawberry and aged balsamic and sorrel; both apps were outstanding with very complex and deep flavors. I had the classic scallops with caramelized cauliflower and caper raisin emulsion and wife had Buckwheat crackling shrimp The Lobster w corn and smoked chili emulsion and I had the seared tenderloin with a mustard green ravioli and this amazing compound mustard sauce.l done 4 ways figs and chocolateSpecial Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/31/2014Jean Georges offers great food and an appropriate level of service which is so rare to find. This is a wonderful spot for brunch or lunch.Special Features:
- BELLE SOIREEJJ2mtlVIPDined on 8/30/2014Belle soirée. Bon service. L'entrée de thon superbe mais les ''chops de porc'' un peu ferme. Un resto à New York toujours agréableI would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingbonnebouffeDined on 8/30/2014First we were taken to a table inside, even though I asked to be on the patio twice: at the time of the reservation and when I confirmed the table which btw took about 20 min?? Fixed menu was barely ok... no special flavors, very plain. Plenty of waiters, yes, but they acted like robots, obsequious and not genuine. We felt rushed, took plates very quickly even though place was almost empty. Rose wine was a pale reddish wine, not what I call Rose. The only nice thing was to be eating outside on the patio which was quiet. Was looking for a culinary experience, did not get it. Regret spending that much money for such a so-so meal. Plenty of cheaper and better places in NY.
- Good, Better, Best....ScooterazDined on 8/30/2014...never let it rest, until your good is better and your better is your best. This was my second time here and this experience, for me, wasn't as outstanding as the first one. The service was slow and not filled with the enthusiasm and exuberance of the first. consistency of service & quality is so important. an item on their menu, previously available, wasn't available on the lunch menu on the dinner menu. Perhaps it's my own level of exceeding expectation in my work, but I would've offered to check and see if we could accommodate the request. you never know where people are traveling in from to NY and they may only have this one opportunity. disappointing but not overwhelming. overall the experience was good, just not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerGrace608Dined on 8/29/2014Had pork chop with prosciutto and the Black Sea bass. Both cooked perfectly and tasted great! Had appetizers with salmon and gazpacho soup- salmon was better. Of course can't go there without enjoying the chocolate lava cake. Great alternative to the more expensive restaurant inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful experience - Not recommendedHarryVIPDined on 8/29/2014We have been to this restaurant on many occasions. Sadly, this time, we have a rude hostess and the management were not helpful. We were informed of a dress code when they saw me arrive in shorts. Other fine restaurants such as Le Bernadine offered me a jacket/trousers etc to comply. Nougatine were off-hand and rude and told me to leave and come back dressed "appropriately". After returning, I was looking forward to a good meal. All the dishes were over-seasoned, and poorly prepared. For example, the tuna tartar had a over-vinegared sauce laden with soy and the quality of the tuna itself was very mediocre. In addition, the flavor was completely masked by the heavy handed sauce. I would not recommend this place.
- Great Lunch at NougatineirisfleurDined on 8/29/2014Nougatine is located in the Trump Hotel at 60th St. and Central Park West, so if you get a table near the window, you can see the park. The room is bright during the day. The ambience is casual. The service is friendly and the servers are attentive. The food is delicious and presented in a very attractive manner. They have a 3 course prix-fix lunch on weekdays throughout the year, not just during restaurant week. The fried calamari appetizer is crisp and the dip is so delicious, not the standard marinara that you get in an Italian restaurant. The skate wing was excellent and the chocolate cake was very good. My friends and I had a lovely time and were able to sit and talk leisurely. We never felt rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Great Restaurant. Go for the lunch deal, 35 dollars for a 3 course set meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2014Amazing! The flavours in the food were unique and worked extremely well. We had the crab cakes and tuna tartare for appetizers, the beef tenderloin for main and the chocolate cake for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent for a splurge lunchRosemaryDined on 8/28/2014Dined at Nougatine for lunch after going to the nearby NY Historical Society, we had a 1:30 reservation but were seated 20-30 minutes late, had a drink (Strawberry Royale-highly recommended!) at the bar while waiting. We both had the $38 prix fixe luncheon- I had gazpacho, rigatoni w smoked tomato sauce and their signature chocolate molten cake. My husband had the tuna appetizer, veal Milanese and the same dessert. Both meals were outstanding. Service was excellent without being overly intrusive. Service is leisurely so plan on 2 hours for lunch. Highly recommended. Check was approx $140 w/o gratuity for two luncheons, three cocktails, coffee for one and tap water.Special Features:
- Overpriced for a second labelOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014Nougatine is the "less significant sibling" of Jean George, a three star Michelin restaurant located at the same premises. It's like Chez Panisse Cafe to Chez Panisse. It's supposed to be less formal, more approachable and more fun. It used to be, but somehow lost its edge, and became a lesser version rather than an alternative. And for a lesser version it's way overpriced. The food was decent, but far from flawless. The fois gras flan was too sweet and the mint sauce on the veal too acidic. The wine list is extensive but overpriced. There are so few two digit alternatives that they easy to spot on the page. We ordered a $30 in a store bottle for $170, which was decent, but not for the price. Last sentence sums it up, pretty much.Special Features:
- GoodFoodAfficionadoDined on 8/25/2014I have dined several times at Nougatine and as before was not disappointed with the service or the food. The food presentation and taste were exceptional. The service is courteous and efficient. The only negative to the dining experience was being placed at a table directly in a path of cold air from the air conditioning. Two of our party were very cold during the entire meal. Overall, even with the draft this is an excellent restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Food + AmbienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The Dover Sole was outstanding ! The entire night was great from the warm greeting upon entering to the final bite of the decadent hot chocolate cake the evening at Nougatine was everything my wife and I love about fine a fine dining experience. We will definitely make this a must go back to place on our list of exceptional New York restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodJPaul747Dined on 8/23/2014Nice atmosphere nice service excellent food, what more is there to say... Atmosphere design chicSpecial Features:
- Great food and serviceAlonaDined on 8/23/2014I went in expecting great food, which is exactly what we got. The service was excellent as well: Our waitress was very personable and gave us good recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid!WannesDined on 8/23/2014Being the training college of Per Se, we expected to have a nice dining experience at Nougatine. But what a disappointment. Service was just bad. Our waiter brought the wrong drinks to start with, hardly said a word or looked at us when he came to the table, always forgot to fill up the wineglasses (our bottle was kept on ice in the back of the restaurant so we had to call him for a refill), didn't ask if we enjoyed out meal nor said thanks we when left. The attitude couldn't be colder. About the food: not bad but quite ordinary with fish on a tomato-coulis. When we afterwards heard about the failing 'C' rating given by the Food Health Department to Per Se we deleted Per Se as well as Nougatine from our restaurant guide.
- BOLD FLAVORSKDGRNRDined on 8/23/2014Food was blessed with bold flavors! Presentation was awesome! Service was impeccable. Will be dining here again and again!Special Features: