Nougatine at Jean Georges
1 Central Park West
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Nougatine at Jean Georges
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jean-georgesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (212) 299-3900
- Hours of Operation:
BREAKFAST: Monday - Friday 7am - 11am, Saturday and Sunday 8am - 11am
SUNDAY BRUNCH: 11:45pm - 3pm
LUNCH: Monday - Saturday 11:45pm - 3pm
DINNER: Monday - Thursday 5:30pm - 11pm, Friday,Saturday & Sunday 5:00pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Jean-Georges Vongerichten
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Nougatine can accommodate parties of up to 40 guests in the Boardroom Suite, located on the third floor of the Trump International.
- Private Party Contact: Farah Abad 2123580688x13
- Special Events: Special Events Contact: Farah Abad (212) 358-0688 ext.28 or email email@example.com
A word from Nougatine at Jean Georges
Nougatine is the more casual sister of Jean-Georges, with a very lively bar scene at night. The restaurant attracts a mix of celebrities, socialites, and movers and shakers in the business world. Adjacent to the formal Jean-Georges dining room, Nougatine serves the signature and seasonal dishes of Chef Jean-Georges for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, 365 days a year. The menu is more casual than that offered at Jean-Georges but still market driven, utilizing only the freshest and finest ingredients. In addition to providing gorgeous views of Central Park, the newly renovated dining room by Thomas Juul-Hansen features a bustling, immaculate open kitchen. Tones of brown and cream mingle to create an elegant space that is soothing by day and exciting by night. Nougatine offers a prix-fixe lunch menu Monday through Saturday from noon to 3 p.m.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nougatine at Jean Georges reviews from OpenTable diners
527 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (312)special occasion (241)great for lunch (204)notable wine list (135)neighborhood gem (113)romantic (111)scenic view (99)hot spot (94)great for brunch (82)great for outdoor dining (80)vibrant bar scene (67)good for groups (48)late-night find (27)kid-friendly (10)Show More
- Great service, mostly excellent foodSharonVIPDined on 11/17/2014My husband and I had the Prix-fixe lunch, as we almost always do whenever we come to NYC from Boston. The price really is an incredible bargain for the quality and quantity of the food. The fried calamari and shrimp and avocado salad were very good, and the fois gras (we paid for this as an extra appetizer) was outstanding, as was the molten chocolate cake with fresh vanilla ice cream that we had for dessert. This time, however, we were a little disappointed with the main courses: the hake was good, but the sauce overwhelmed it and was interesting, but not great. The breaded veal was also good, but a bit tough (or over-cooked). The service was wonderful, as always. Just the right amount of helpful, friendly conversation and explanations without being intrusive. We will certainly go back to Nougatine the next time we're in NYC, which will be in a few months, and hope the main courses will be as good as they've always been in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/17/2014As always, great service and good ambience at Nougatine. Superb value. For the first time ever, one of our courses (crusted chicken) was very disappointing. Our waiter spotted this and immediately offered to replace the food - the substitute salmon was excellent! I continue to recommend this outstanding restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sherryVIPDined on 11/15/2014always dependable for well prepared food, excellent service and comfortable setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sublime. Perfectly executed.RealtorMomVIPDined on 11/14/2014The menu offers something for every appetite. Service is knowledgeable and flawless. Don't miss the foie gras brulee and tuna appetizers... I am still dreaming about them!! Entrees were superb. Cocktails were fabulous, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014I have been to Nougatine 3 times and each time the food has been amazing and everything else. However on my last trip last week, the hake had a "backbone" which took away considerably from the dining pleasure of it. I had it before and it was delicious! Loved the squash soup, kale salad and spaghetti - all wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not great.BobbieDined on 11/12/2014The food was very good, well-prepared and well presented but not nearly the caliber of Jean Georges....which was one of my favorite dining experiences ever! I realize that it is supposed to be a more casual counterpart but was somewhat disappointed in the lack-luster menu and decor. The service was superb. Two glasses of wine each...one of the least expensive...brought our price fixed lunch to $75. without the tip. A good experience but not the best.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very special experienceerliVIPDined on 11/10/2014Excellent food, the service was so good. Nougatine is my favorite restaurant when I travel to NYSpecial Features:
- Great dinning experienceatgavDined on 11/9/2014Food was amazing, the artichoke and the butternut squash with black mushroom soup were delicious , the salmon was cooked perfectly.Notable wine list. Attentive service without being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2014My wife and I liked it so much we went there. Sun & Tue. So that goes to show we had a good time overall. We dine out ALOT so if we go back do soon its a gd thingI would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting MenuHicksVisitingNYCDined on 11/7/2014Be hungry if you order the tasting menu. Portions were generous. Each course was delicious. Three out of four of us ordered the tasting menu and it was a hit with all three of us. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Pretty goodMe2014Dined on 11/7/2014Service was very good, attentive but not pushing. Food - foie gras, chestnut soup and dover sole to die for. The rest was average. Will I go back ?Definetly not.
- The best oneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014I went to several good restaurants on my last stay in NY ,but Nougatine at Jean Georges was undoubtedly the best choice I`ve made. I recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/6/2014I took a guest to lunch, who had never been to Nougatine, and she loved it. The experience was positive as always. My only critique this time was that the veal, though flavorful, was tough. The rest of the meal was exceptional. I plan to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING FOOD!!!BillyVIPDined on 11/5/2014Nougatine just gets better every time. Has such a great buzz and energy. Continues to be a terrific experience. Loved my entree, and the fried calamari was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!erliVIPDined on 11/5/2014Very good service and one of the best food in NYC, we'll be back soonSpecial Features:
- Peerless Service; Clamorous VenueOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 11/4/2014Though the room is not calming, the service is great in every way and the food is quite good: it should be as prices are high and the food is often, to my taste, heavily over-salted.Special Features:
- hot pepper everywhere...rh01Dined on 11/4/2014Unfortunately, this restaurant now seems to subscribe to the "spicy" school of cooking. Flavors of both the appetizer (raw tuna) and fish that I had for lunch (red snapper) were killed by hot pepper in the sauces, ruining any subtleties and also ruining them for me.Special Features:
- Amazing!ParisianfoodieVIPDined on 11/2/2014The best lunch I had in NYC in more than a year... and not pricy! Congratulations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeMikeDined on 11/1/2014As usual, very good service (sommelier outstanding) and very good food. Great experience but.... I was overcharged (mistakenly, I assume) and my complaint via Jean George's web page contact wasn't even acknowledge. A BIG GOOF.Special Features:
- Always a treatGsDwnHllFstDined on 11/1/2014Excellent meal! Lobster burger, Pancetta Pork Chop, Hake, even the chicken was special. Thoroughly enjoyable.Special Features:
- A great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/30/2014The fois gras is outstanding, delicate yet intense. The chive sugar top, brulé gives a crunchy texture that marry to perfection the smoothness of the fois gras. The artichoke was kind of simple and we couldn't appreciate the culinary skills of the chef. Both the slow cooked salmon and the kake were cooked to perfection and allowed us to really admire and enjoy a great dishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST!!!!BillyVIPDined on 10/29/2014Fantastic all around!! The bar is always hoping and service is impeccable. The tuna tartare is the best in the city.
- arthurVIPDined on 10/29/2014As usual the food, ambiance and service were great.Special Features:
- I will returnquarryDined on 10/26/2014We went to dinner to celebrate my sister's birthday. The ambience was pleasant and the surroundings upscale, without being overdone. The staff was extremely pleasant . non-intrusive and unflappable, even when one of my guests sent back a main course for reasons that had nothing to do with the quality of the dish itself. I had the veal as my main course, and would come back anytime when I am in town to have it again–it was that good, with superb subtle flavorings.. I thought all of my courses were outstanding, and was appreciative of the sommelier's helpfulness and knowledge.. My daughter and I were thoroughly pleased in every particular by Nougatine.Special Features:
- Always first ratePhDTigressVIPDined on 10/26/2014My husband and I had a delightful Sundat lunch at Nougatine prior to a 2:00 concert at Carnegie Hall. Not only is the $38 prix-fixe an amazing bargain, it's satisfying to be offered a menu at "brunch" time that isn't limited to breakfast-type dishes. We both had delicious butternut squash soup with black mushrooms and chives, perfectly cooked salmon, and a tasty apple tart with cinnamon ice cream. The service was impeccable: courteous, professional and efficient. Nougatine remains one of my favorite restaurants in NYC.Special Features:
- Repeat PerformanceDavidSDined on 10/25/2014Second time at this restaurant and food is exceptional - dining near the bar is energetic; hope to try the indoor patio next time.Special Features:
- Lived up to expectationsLiselDined on 10/25/2014Arrived a little early on a Sat. night but seated immediately. Service and food excellent. Wine list impressive but a little pricey even for high end restaurants. Food prices I thought were reasonable. Been to Jean George before but first time at Nougatine, not much difference IMHO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A relaxed Jean GeorgeMutokaDined on 10/25/2014The great food and wine of Jean George in a more relaxed setting. And the service was outstanding. Really enjoyed our dinner after a busy NY day.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceDKELDined on 10/25/2014Had a delighfull breakfast experience on a Saturday morning, food was excellant, our guests were running a bit late to where kitchen was closing, resturant kept kitchen open to seve our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS food, service and setting!BMaxVIPDined on 10/24/2014The food, service and setting with a view of Central Park at Nougatine Jean-George were all ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS! We asked to move from the table we were first seated at to the more open part of the restaurant with a view of the park. The servers were most helpful in accomodating our request and luckily a table came up and we moved after a short wait. The Sommelier recommended an excellent bottle of white wine that went so well with our menu selections and the food we ate was to die for! The interesting blend of flavours in both appetizer dishes we tried -- the tuna tartare and the shrimp salad will make your tastebuds sing. YUM! For entrees we had the Salmon and the Veal Milanese, also both were wonderful. The service throughout our meal was exceptionally attentive without being intrusive. A fantanstic dining experience and we will defintely be back.Special Features:
- Penny Lane foodiesYPENN5Dined on 10/23/2014This is a great starter restaurant for those who want to move up to food that surpasses the normal NYC fare. Virtually anything you order is elegantly prepared and seasoned to perfection. If it's your first adventure into NY it doesn't matter if your from Boise or Jacksonville you'll know you've seen what great food can be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go here for lunch!JLCNYVIPDined on 10/23/2014Actually it is open only for breakfast and lunch. The $38 lunch is a real NY bargain. Wonderful selections of appetizers and entrées and choice of 2 great desserts. Staff is very accommodating and friendly. Reservations are a must. Lunch is served until 3 PM.Special Features:
- Didn't knowGreatDined on 10/23/2014When we booked the reservation it was not clear that we would be offered the breakfast menu. Our reservation was for 10:45 am. Maybe we should have known... Maybe it could have been more clear. We felt a little disappointed and were underwhelmed by most of breakfast. The service was excellent, the fresh juices were unique and great tasting. All in all,$100 breakfast for two people. Eggs Benedict was on target, salmon and bagel were pretty standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleWeintime87VIPDined on 10/21/2014Everything was perfect, tuna tartar was perfect, as was the butternut squash, and halibut.Special Features:
- Slipping Ever So SlightlysensitiveDined on 10/21/2014While the venue remains a gem, and the service is outstanding, the food quaity is not what it has been for many years. Ordered Snapper at the recommendation of the waiter over the salmon. The plate garnishments (sauce and charred baby brocolli) were outstandiing. The fish was tough, rubbery and edible but nothing more. A mention to the waiter brought a "thank you for the feedback" reply, and that was it. Soft chocolate cake desert fabulous. As noted, slipping just a bit.Special Features:
- Gastronomic HeavenSavvySeniorDined on 10/21/2014The foie gras brûlée on brioche with fig jam was one of those eyes roll back in your head organic experiences - pure heaven. It completely stole the show. My husband's butternut squad soup was luscious and perfectly balanced, not at all sweet. Our second set of appetizers were also excellent but the first two were the highlights. I love this place. Service was perfect also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond PerfectMillicentDined on 10/20/2014Everything was beyond my expectations, from the view, to the food, to the service. We had lunch for my 40th birthday, and our server Leigh couldn't had made me feel more special. We can't wait to go back on our next visit to the city!Special Features:
- delicious lunch!sammicatVIPDined on 10/20/2014we had the prix fixed lunch. the shrimp salad was delectible and I loved the veal milanese with lemon sauce. We had to reserve in advance because it always fills up, but was worth planning ahead for it. My only gripe is the service was a bit too conscientious - took my bread plate away without asking, before I was really done.Special Features:
- Visitors from Francelesamantsdantibes06Dined on 10/19/2014Exceptional service preceded a fabulous meal , a fantasy , perfect for an unforgettable evening to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:
- Excellent Place For Lunch/BrunchDiner99Dined on 10/18/2014Great room, and view. The $38 lunch special is great and is complemented by a very, very thoughtful wine list (although most wines are not cheap). Service is outstanding. A must try place for anyone who cares about food.Special Features: