Nougatine at Jean Georges
1 Central Park West
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Nougatine at Jean Georges
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jean-georgesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2122993900x
- Hours of Operation:
BREAKFAST: Monday - Friday 7am - 11am, Saturday and Sunday 8am - 11am
SUNDAY BRUNCH: 11:45pm - 3pm
LUNCH: Monday - Saturday 11:45pm - 3pm
DINNER: Monday - Thursday 5:30pm - 11pm, Friday,Saturday & Sunday 5:00pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Jean-Georges Vongerichten
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Nougatine can accommodate parties of up to 40 guests in the Boardroom Suite, located on the third floor of the Trump International.
- Private Party Contact: Farah Abad 2123580688x13
- Special Events: Special Events Contact: Farah Abad (212) 358-0688 ext.28 or email email@example.com
A word from Nougatine at Jean Georges
Nougatine is the more casual sister of Jean-Georges, with a very lively bar scene at night. The restaurant attracts a mix of celebrities, socialites, and movers and shakers in the business world. Adjacent to the formal Jean-Georges dining room, Nougatine serves the signature and seasonal dishes of Chef Jean-Georges for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, 365 days a year. The menu is more casual than that offered at Jean-Georges but still market driven, utilizing only the freshest and finest ingredients. In addition to providing gorgeous views of Central Park, the newly renovated dining room by Thomas Juul-Hansen features a bustling, immaculate open kitchen. Tones of brown and cream mingle to create an elegant space that is soothing by day and exciting by night. Nougatine offers a prix-fixe lunch menu Monday through Saturday from noon to 3 p.m. Pre- and post-theater prix-fixe menus are available Sunday through Friday from 5:30 to 6 p.m., and from 10 to 11 p.m.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nougatine at Jean Georges reviews from OpenTable diners
570 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (284)special occasion (252)great for lunch (233)scenic view (136)romantic (132)notable wine list (124)great for brunch (105)neighborhood gem (102)great for outdoor dining (94)hot spot (71)vibrant bar scene (65)good for groups (41)late-night find (24)kid-friendly (17)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2014Amazing! The flavours in the food were unique and worked extremely well. We had the crab cakes and tuna tartare for appetizers, the beef tenderloin for main and the chocolate cake for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent for a splurge lunchRosemaryDined on 8/28/2014Dined at Nougatine for lunch after going to the nearby NY Historical Society, we had a 1:30 reservation but were seated 20-30 minutes late, had a drink (Strawberry Royale-highly recommended!) at the bar while waiting. We both had the $38 prix fixe luncheon- I had gazpacho, rigatoni w smoked tomato sauce and their signature chocolate molten cake. My husband had the tuna appetizer, veal Milanese and the same dessert. Both meals were outstanding. Service was excellent without being overly intrusive. Service is leisurely so plan on 2 hours for lunch. Highly recommended. Check was approx $140 w/o gratuity for two luncheons, three cocktails, coffee for one and tap water.Special Features:
- Overpriced for a second labelOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014Nougatine is the "less significant sibling" of Jean George, a three star Michelin restaurant located at the same premises. It's like Chez Panisse Cafe to Chez Panisse. It's supposed to be less formal, more approachable and more fun. It used to be, but somehow lost its edge, and became a lesser version rather than an alternative. And for a lesser version it's way overpriced. The food was decent, but far from flawless. The fois gras flan was too sweet and the mint sauce on the veal too acidic. The wine list is extensive but overpriced. There are so few two digit alternatives that they easy to spot on the page. We ordered a $30 in a store bottle for $170, which was decent, but not for the price. Last sentence sums it up, pretty much.Special Features:
- Great Food + AmbienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The Dover Sole was outstanding ! The entire night was great from the warm greeting upon entering to the final bite of the decadent hot chocolate cake the evening at Nougatine was everything my wife and I love about fine a fine dining experience. We will definitely make this a must go back to place on our list of exceptional New York restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Nice atmosphere nice service excellent food, what more is there to say... Atmosphere design chicSpecial Features:
- Great food and serviceAlonaDined on 8/23/2014I went in expecting great food, which is exactly what we got. The service was excellent as well: Our waitress was very personable and gave us good recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BOLD FLAVORSOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Food was blessed with bold flavors! Presentation was awesome! Service was impeccable. Will be dining here again and again!Special Features:
- Wonderful birthday dinnerGlibDined on 8/21/2014Had a great time for my boyfriends birthday. The staff was very sweet and the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good new find in New YorkFrequentdinerDined on 8/20/2014Found this restaurant through Trip Advisor. Only had one night in the city for a nice dinner and this turned out to be a good choice. Location on Columbus Circle is convenient, restaurant is great. Had organic chicken, veal and a fois gras appetizer. All wonderful, attentive service and a nice pace on the courses. Plenty of time to enjoy our bottle of wine.mSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MontanaDined on 8/20/2014The entire experience was first class, and a completely positive experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticJoaoDined on 8/18/2014Every time I come to New York I must go to this restaurant. and always amazed !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service & foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Great both, very charming the service and food was greatSpecial Features:
- Fit for a queenluv2dine2Dined on 8/17/2014Amazing food and service. All dishes were perfect.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Nougatine did not disappoint--except in one regard: They don't serve French bagets, only sour-dough bread & I must be the only diner who doesn't appreciate its omnipresence on the restaurant scene. Otherwise, Nougatine was better than expected. We were seated immediately for a 7:45 p.m. reservation. The service was friendly and well informed. Wine suggestion was first-rate. Everything we chose was delicious, with spot-on preparation. Most notable was the Dover sole. The bone is deep fried--makes it edible & adds a crunch factor to the dish--& served above the fish, a creative idea & beautiful presentation. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Dissapointedharroop45Dined on 8/15/2014I went for restaurant week. Had no good options to chose from. the gazpacho was barely edible and the chicken entree was average at best. The only good thing about the meal was the chocolate molten cake dessert. The waiter was nice and realized that we were not enjoying our food so brought out extra desserts for free to make up for it which was very nice. This was my first time here and I would definitely not come back.
- Thank You Restaurant WeekSparkyDined on 8/15/2014Finally experienced dining at this fabulous restaurant. Waited for 1/2 hour for table by the window, but it was worth it. The waitress was delightful, and more than helpful with the wine selection. The soup was divine and the fish was presented beautifully. Did not disappoint!!Special Features:
- Birthday BreakfastTimeTraveller2Dined on 8/15/2014Great way to start our day! Delicious omelettes with fresh squeezed orange juice.Special Features:
- never moremariDined on 8/14/2014Service was perfect,but it's not enough when I decide to go to this kind of restaurant. Food poor and too simple for a 3 Michelin 's stars:nothing special at all. Ambience was terrible,we ate in a tiny space between two columns without natural light and very(too) far from the famous special view of nougatine.
- Great for a Business MealCliententertainerDined on 8/14/2014Upscale, service and food was very good! Decor was very nice as well. Great for a business breakfast.Special Features:
- DisappointingJayceeVIPDined on 8/13/2014Over the years we have had many wonderful lunches and dinners at Jean Georges and so were looking forward to restaurant week lunch at Nougatine. We were very disappointed. The menu was very limited with only 2 appetizers and chicken or fish the only main courses offered-- which used to be the fall back choices of every restaurant on restaurant week, until some of the smarter ones learned this was not the best way to advertise their fare. I ordered from the regular menu a tuna tartare and a lobster burger. Both were overly salted and lacking the subtle mixture of flavors one used to get a Jean George. We won't be back.
- Continues as a favoriteDossieVIPDined on 8/13/2014The Restaurant Week menu was limited to two choices for appetizers and entrees and dessert, the entree a substitution, but all were excellent! (Hake for flounder was definitely a plus!) Noise is next to impossible, as with all NYC restaurants. Nougatine, nonetheless, occupies to top position on my restaurant list.Special Features:
- goodeater1Dined on 8/13/2014Not what I would describe as "fine dining". Food was very good, of course, but restaurant week menu was limited. Loved the gazpacho. It was very noisy at lunch time. I would rather pay the price for the Jean Georges dining room.
- Surprising lunchMrsPoirotDined on 8/12/2014The Restaurant Week menu included superb appetizers and deserts. The entrees (grilled chicken and sole) were fine but not memorable. The most surprising factor was the ineptitude of our waiter for such quality restaurant. Fortunately, there were many servers around who made up for his obvious lack of knowledge (or violation) of the most elementary rules of serving and retiring dishes, such as don't spill water all over the menus and the place mats, don't cross over one dinner to serve the one seated next to her, and don't ask to take away dishes while one person is obviously still eating. I am shocked that the management lets such a waiter loose on the customers.Special Features:
- Elegant food & service at lunch.galacosmosDined on 8/12/2014Nougatine is my new favorite restaurant---I had there lunch three times in the past two weeks. The restaurant lived up to it's reputation for both food and service. We ordered the Restaurant Week prix fixe which was a great value, featured regular menu items and changed from week to week. The regular $38 prix fixe menu also looks attractive. I've already made reservations for September and plan to take a large group for lunch in October.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/11/2014had a wonderful experience trying this place for the restaurant week!Special Features:
- recommendedcz123Dined on 8/11/2014For the first time we went there for dinner. The food was very delicious and uniquely placed. The service was excellent and the food came out quickly making it efficient for a busy restaurant. Decorations were placed throughout the restaurant making the dining experience spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great Locationsammo3000VIPDined on 8/11/2014Went for a dinner with my friends. This is one of my best restaurants during 2014 Summer Restaurant Week. Great location has great food and professional waiters. The RW menu is somewhat limited, but trust me you will be happy with your choices! The famous Jean-Georges Warm Chocolate Cake is as good taste-wise and definitely makes you yearn to forget. We will come back soon !!!Special Features:
- Very DissapointedJIJIVIPDined on 8/11/2014Was really looking forward to my first time at this restaurant. It was Restaurant Week and the chef selections for this special menu were not very good.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014Service was very slow, the waiters are overwhelmed. Maybe because we are a large party of 6. Food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/11/2014This is about my 6th time at Nougatine. It is always superb. The food is delicious and the service couldn't be better. I always look forward to my next visit. Their pric fixe lunch is the best buy in New York. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:
- DisappointmentNYCdininngDined on 8/11/2014Started off very positively--bread was delicious; servers were pleasant; table was great. Then the slide began--Beet Salad was salty; entrees were lukewarm; molten lava cake was ordinary. But service is where things really fell apart. After we were served our entrees, the waiter did not stop to inquire about our satisfaction with the food--didn't return to our table until he brought the guest check with dessert. As I was doing the credit card slip, he said, "Permit us to clear the table"--not a request but an announcement. Waiting 5 more minutes could have provided a graceful conclusion to the meal, but that wasn't important to him. Nougatine has good reputation--it didn't live up to it for us.
- Love the place!!!JoeLeeDined on 8/10/2014It is fancy and formal. It's situated right next to Central Park and is a pleasing setting. The noise level is fine, and the servers are extremely courteous. The little wooden salt bowl and spoon are very cute. The servers very thoroughly explained each dish as it arrived at our table. The food itself was amazing. Everything was cooked to perfection and exactly to our taste. The beef tenderloin was exquisite, as was the dessert.Special Features:
- Great night spot for a bite.PipperDined on 8/9/2014We drove into the city and were delighted w nougatine. We had a late reservation but were seated immediately . Food was excellent; beautifully plated . Service was very good. Loved the cherry soup dessert. We will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every dish was perfect; worth the $miplDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I went there this past Saturday , mainly as a mistake from my side. I did not read the fine print that Saturday nights there was no "Restaurant Week" menu available. Since we were there already; we might as well enjoy it. The tasting menu was 88 p/p; so we got the tasting menu for my husband and I ordered á la carte. Every single thing that came our way was absolutely delicious! Even though the tasting menu wasn't for me; I still tried it. The absolute best were the tuna tartare (from the tasting menu); and the veal Milanese; the way the vegetables were cooked in the sherry vinegar with the perfect citrus touch; amazing! The service could not have been nicer; everyone was super attentive without exaggeration. ExpensiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great server, not so great hostOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014We had a reservation but were late. We did call and were told it would not be a problem. We were informed on arrival we could not be seated inside because we were wearing shorts. Nougatine is touted as the more casual side of Jean-Georges so this was a surprise. Thankfully, they found us a table in the shade but not after being subjected to attitude and whispering from host to associate about how were late but "eventually" showed up etc., etc. Luckily, we landed a great server, a table with shade and had a good meal that changed the service rating to an overall "good" - but we won't be back. There are too many other great options without the attitude.
- Not impressedMoonieDined on 8/8/2014We tried the restaurant week menu. Appetizers and entree were mediocre and not top notch restaurant level. We were placed at a table near the entrance and consistently bothered by the cold draft. After our complaint, they moved us. Staff were aloof - and did not show passion in their work. It was my husband's 50th birthday and I had mentioned this to the reservations staff. However, the restaurant did absolutely nothing, they did not even bother to write "Happy Birthday" on his dessert which they said they could when I made the booking.Special Features:
- Great experience!NYfoodieDined on 8/8/2014The service was very attentive and respectful. The food was delicious. The setting is beautiful with a great view. There is also a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent but...SharonoftheHeightsDined on 8/8/2014Went for restaurant week. For first time ever at this restaurant, sent something back for further cooking, salmon with crumb topping was raw inside. They were gracious, and came back perfect. My nephew didn't like his squash salad but I thought it refreshing. Both desserts great, the warm chocolate cake was the regular one from their menu, always wonderful. Berries with champagne sorbet very good too. Service could not have been more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaisyDined on 8/8/2014As always great food and excellent service. The summer squash salad was very refreshing. The crusted salmon light and delicious.Special Features:
- Excellent food, crowded ambienceOliverTCVIPDined on 8/8/2014The food at lunch was great but next time I'd try for a better table. It's fun to watch the kitchen but would be even nicer to have a table by the windows. I'm not sure tho that there are any really nice tables. Service was a little harried perhaps because the place was quite full -- restaurant week?Special Features: