Nougatine at Jean Georges
1 Central Park West
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Nougatine at Jean Georges
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jean-georgesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2122993900x
- Hours of Operation:
BREAKFAST: Monday - Friday 7am - 11am, Saturday and Sunday 8am - 11am
SUNDAY BRUNCH: 11:45pm - 3pm
LUNCH: Monday - Saturday 11:45pm - 3pm
DINNER: Monday - Thursday 5:30pm - 11pm, Friday,Saturday & Sunday 5:00pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Jean-Georges Vongerichten
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Nougatine can accommodate parties of up to 40 guests in the Boardroom Suite, located on the third floor of the Trump International.
- Private Party Contact: Farah Abad 2123580688x13
- Special Events: Special Events Contact: Farah Abad (212) 358-0688 ext.28 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Nougatine at Jean Georges
Nougatine is the more casual sister of Jean-Georges, with a very lively bar scene at night. The restaurant attracts a mix of celebrities, socialites, and movers and shakers in the business world. Adjacent to the formal Jean-Georges dining room, Nougatine serves the signature and seasonal dishes of Chef Jean-Georges for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, 365 days a year. The menu is more casual than that offered at Jean-Georges but still market driven, utilizing only the freshest and finest ingredients. In addition to providing gorgeous views of Central Park, the newly renovated dining room by Thomas Juul-Hansen features a bustling, immaculate open kitchen. Tones of brown and cream mingle to create an elegant space that is soothing by day and exciting by night. Nougatine offers a prix-fixe lunch menu Monday through Saturday from noon to 3 p.m.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nougatine at Jean Georges reviews from OpenTable diners
565 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (309)special occasion (267)great for lunch (220)notable wine list (140)romantic (133)scenic view (124)neighborhood gem (110)great for outdoor dining (100)great for brunch (98)hot spot (80)vibrant bar scene (67)good for groups (53)late-night find (25)kid-friendly (17)Show More
- Food was great. Service not so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/28/2014Highly recommend the prix fixe lunch. Best bang for your buck. The wait staff were lovely but the folks that greet you when you enter are the worst way to start a great dining experience. Snobby. Bad attitudes. Unpleasant. I could go on and on unfortunately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Wonderful healthy food. Gluten free bread. Beautiful green juices. Wonderful soy milk with coffee. Outstanding maple syrup. Homemade brioche French toast. Completely not touristy. No waiters treating you like your a fool who has never been to a restaurant. Just fantastic friendly humble and happy staff. Lovely people. Discreet atmosphere for VIPs. I'm going to make it a monthly visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Sunday brunch!JLCNYVIPDined on 9/28/2014For $38 Nougatine has a wonderful brunch. While the portions are relatively small (except the desserts), the food is interesting and excellent. The service is extraordinary. Our waitress was wonderful and explained each dish carefully. A substitution was made for dessert for one person in our party. The room is relatively quiet. The staff pays careful attention to the diners without being intrusive.Special Features:
- A Lovely EveningRobynslp95VIPDined on 9/27/2014This my 2nd viit to Nougatine and will not be my last. I do miss the price fixe menu, but it was still great. Request a window table for great views of the park. The cocktails and wines have improved since our last visit. The service is outstanding but the real highlight is the food.Special Features:
- Simply Outstanding & EnjoyableJG44Dined on 9/27/2014The dining experience exceeded my expectations. Great food and superior service without the pretense of other high end restaurants.Special Features:
- fantasticElizDined on 9/27/2014Great for Saturday night with good food, wine and nice atmosphere. And also great for brunch - bright and lovely.Special Features:
- LoredoDined on 9/26/2014Food, as always, was excellent. The red snapper was the favorite of the table. The sommelier was very knowledgeable about an extensive list and helpful. A few disappointments: 1) Three of us seated around a table for two, despite making the reservation weeks in advance, 2) Service a bit too attentive, to the point of regularly seeming to be interrupting our conversation, and 3) It was a busy Friday night and, being seated close to the door and bar, there often seemed to be groups either waiting for tables or the bar, standing right over our shoulders, which was off putting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KFFoodieVIPDined on 9/26/2014Location across from Jazz at Lincoln Center is main reason to eat in the more casual Nougatine Room Very limited menu with just okay chicken and veal "milanese" that wasn't up to par, Small dish of "heirloom" tomatoes were of ordinary supermarket variety of heirloom... with too much red onion to get much tomato variety flavor. Nice Lobster Burger with excellent fries. Good dessert. Very competent and friendly staff "kinda" made up for the newer sommelier's really pushing the more expensive wines (above $300 plus) for a 5:30 pm pre concert dinner. We found it annoying and settled on his only other suggestion of a very good Pommard at $150. Very few wine offerings lower than that.Special Features:
- ExcellenceConstanceDined on 9/26/2014The title says it all. The three course lunch had several choices with my tuna tartar being different but outstanding. The chicken choice was tasty and my hake was unique, perfectly cooked and wonderful. And what to say about the molten chocolate cake - as it should be. We splurged on the wine and thus had a memorable lunch.Special Features:
- Perfect!GershwinVIPDined on 9/25/2014Everything one would expect from JGV, but without fussiness or pretension. The room is airy, lively, not loud, and comfortable. The menu is different without being complicated and the food, presentation, and service are all what one expects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!UWSiderVIPDined on 9/24/2014Perfect night out. Food is great. Service is too. So glad there's a spot like this in our neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingfoodfaddieDined on 9/24/2014This is a must New York gourmet visit. Every bite is amazing. The service is exquisite. The food is creatively plated. It is perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014My friends and I went for the price fixed lunch and it was excellent. The service was friendly and efficient. The warm chocolate cake and cream cheese ice cream were to die for!Special Features:
- Lovely but room for improvementTomandJerry987Dined on 9/22/2014The food was delicious and the space was beautiful. The dessert trio from the tasting menu was possibly the best part of the meal. While the wait staff was attentive, the service was rushed. As soon as your fork hit the plate, they were clearing the table and pushing us on to the next course. I understand our reservation was later in the night but you would expect the same level of service as any other time. I would recommend Nougatine but not as a post theater stop.Special Features:
- Nougatine RocksWest74StFoodGuyDined on 9/22/2014We've been to Nougatine between 5-7 times in the past year. It continues to be a wonderful place to go for a festive occasion or a business lunch. Plus you get to have this amazing chocolate cake at the end of the meal- if you've been good- which they make like a souffle. The service is really extraordinary also with some of the most attentive and excellent servers in NYC.Special Features:
- An average breakfastMikeDined on 9/21/2014I recently read the reviews and thought the food would be amazing with spectacular service. I was disappointed because of my expectations as the food is good but not exceptional as I would expect for the price I paid. I was disappointed in the service of the waiters. After being seated and told that we had only a short period to order, we had to flag the waited over after waiting 8 minutes. I will commend the staff for allowing me to be seated as we were late for our reservations. But do not allow us to be seated of you lower your standard as I cannot recommend te restuarant after this experience. I do not understand if I send back tea explaining the problem with it and then get charged twice. The manage was nice.
- As always, excellentNancyVIPDined on 9/20/2014I hadn't been to Nougatine in a while, but took some friends for a birthday celebration last Saturday. Nougatine didn't disappoint. The service was excellent, but unobtrusive. The food was interesting in its variety, and delicious. The wine list has something for everyone. Great evening all around.Special Features:
- Great placeSchumi1Dined on 9/18/2014Customer service on arrival was poor, ladies on the desk seemed uninterested and sour faced. It took a while for anyone to acknowledge we had arrived at the table (good 10 mins) let alone get served with a drink. However after the poor start our waitress was extremely attentive without being over powering, she was very knowledgeable about the food being served. The food itself was exquisite and well priced. The atmosphere was buzzing and vibrant.Special Features:
- Expected moreOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/17/2014As a top place, I really expected more. The food was fine (we took the prix fix lunch), but not remarkable. As main dish I had a black Bass (excellent) on a bed of tomatoes (combination did not work that well). Our server was very pleasant, but the service was somewhat confused - for example, i got my coffee before the desert arrived and a tea ordered for the table never made it.Special Features:
- NOTHING BETTERClaireVIPDined on 9/16/2014i HAD FORGOTTEN HOW GREAT NOUGATINE COULD BE. WE HAD A LATISH LUNCH AND WERE SERVED SEVERAL THINGS FROM THE RESTAURANT. VERY DELICIOUS AND DEFINITELY ADDED TO OUR EXPERIENCE. I BROUGHT A GOOD FRIEND FROM PHILADELPHIA. WHEN SHE IS IN NY I SELECT A GREAT RESTAURANT TO EAT IN AND THIS WAS HER FIRST TIME AT NOUGATINE. SHE LOVED IT. THE MANAGER JULIEN IS A RARE TREAT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotFoodieDined on 9/16/2014This is just overall a great dining experience. The food and service were perfect. Even the greeting at the door was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionCCDINERVIPDined on 9/16/2014From the welcome at the front desk, to the wonderful table it was an excellent visit. Our table of 4 at lunch ate so well; the tuna tartare, veal Milanese, salmon and roast chicken were all terrific as was the molten choc cake with vanilla bean ice cream. A terrific menu, prix fix lunch is a great deal....could not have asked for a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014My steak was inedible. Very small portions. The accompanying vegetable ( if you could call it a vegetable. I needed a magnifying glass) was tasteless. My friends lobster had underdone lobster strips Not good and expensive. I won't be returning
- TerrificDisappointedinMalibuVIPDined on 9/15/2014Lovely food, lovely service, perhaps a little loud but well worth the money for a fine meal and nice dining experience!
- Great experienceMartine75000Dined on 9/14/2014Nothing is wrong at Nougatine. One of the best place in New York. It was a little chilly to have dinner on the terrace: the occasion to come back! Jean Georges’ Warm Chocolate Cake was really something!Special Features:
- excellent foodchefamyDined on 9/14/2014We loved Nougatine for a more casual version of Jean Georges. The only slightly odd thing was that the appetizers looked and tasted very similar to what I had eaten in the past at Jean Georges and the entrees was much more rustic in presentation and preparation. Everything was excellent but the starters versus the entrees had a bit of a disconnect. As usual the service was very professional, the space very inviting and the food was delicious!Special Features:
- Very Enjoyablewineguy1982Dined on 9/14/2014Started with the shrimp salad, absolutely fantastic. The shrimp, avocado, greens and the dressing were all great and a nice sized portion as well. Probably the best eggs Benedict I've had. The salmon on the eggs was super fresh. Lobster dish with corn was another winner. Cheese course was good, not great. Then the chocolate cake with the warm flowing center, well everyone knows how great it is. Great but pricey wine list. Good service too. Lots of fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014We had a nice dinner with an excellent service. However one of the tasting menu entrees was way too spicy, even though we are mexicans and we normally eat spicy food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentethanjdVIPDined on 9/12/2014very pleased with this restaurant on every level. the service, table and food were wonderful.Special Features:
- Disappointing LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/10/2014The bread had a hair in it. The pinot grigio, the only pinot on the menu, was not clean and crisp The calamari was soggy and tasteless. The main courses were good but the restaurant is definitely not worth the money or the hype.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014Everything was outstanding.Food, ambiance, service.Special Features:
- Excellent service but no bar spaceNeatsDined on 9/8/2014Our only complaint with nougatine was the bar. We arrived early and because people were eating at the bar we could not have a pre dinner drink. We had to leave and return an hour later for dinner. The hostess was also not accommodating or interested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, elegant and lovelylynnDined on 9/8/2014No better place for a ladies' luncheon---chic, elegant, delicious, comfortable, lovely.Special Features:
- Ricknat1VIPDined on 9/6/2014I love it for dinner or lunch but breakfast is mediocre. Must be completely different staff
- Good experienteJoseDined on 9/5/2014Godo food ,service. Food price was ok but wine was too much expensiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- by french commentPatooDined on 9/5/2014Plat non ordinairement très bon. Beaucoup de goût, parfois à l'exces. Les entrées sont très bon tel que le calamar frit avec sa succulente sauce. Le tartare de saumon est très surprenant mais un poil salé. Les plats sont moins surprenants tels que le saumon et poulet. La purée de maïs est une bonne surprise. Enfin les desserts sont très simple tel que la glace au nougat avec son mix. Le fondant est très réussi mais sans surprise. A découvrir si vous êtes de passage. Mauvais point concernant le vin un peu cher ainsi que la bouteille d'eau pétillante compté double car servi dans 2 verres. Pour un restaurant de cette prestige c'est un peut exagérer ces petites économies. Bon restaurant dans l'ensembleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!Foodie1Dined on 9/4/2014The food was outstanding. We got the prosciutto wrapped pork chop and the beef tenderloin. Both were excellent. We shared the watermelon and goat cheese salad, very refreshing. The desserts were the star, we got a sour cream cheesecake and the best - a butterscotch pudding. Although we were already full from all the food, we almost finished the desserts. The service is really good, the waiter knew everything about the dishes. I have food allergies and he pointed out which plates I could have. The only thing that should be mentioned is that this place looks more like a business dinner place, a little bit more formal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this restaurantfoodieVIPDined on 9/4/2014Nougatine is one of my favorite restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner.Special Features:
- When there is no managerKareemVIPDined on 9/3/2014Went for the usual very good food. Ambiance is ok as I expected , food was good though less good than usual. Area was full of waiters and waitresses but somehow none was anticipating needs for a table of 8, and really had no interest in our order and presenting the best of Jean George's.
- It'special !neighborVIPDined on 9/2/2014It was all special..the food,service,but noisy..however,the round table in front for four who can't hear well,worked!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.