Nougatine at Jean Georges
1 Central Park West
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Nougatine at Jean Georges
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jean-georgesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2122993900x
- Hours of Operation:
BREAKFAST: Monday - Friday 7am - 11am, Saturday and Sunday 8am - 11am
SUNDAY BRUNCH: 11:45pm - 3pm
LUNCH: Monday - Saturday 11:45pm - 3pm
DINNER: Monday - Thursday 5:30pm - 11pm, Friday,Saturday & Sunday 5:00pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Jean-Georges Vongerichten
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Nougatine can accommodate parties of up to 40 guests in the Boardroom Suite, located on the third floor of the Trump International.
- Private Party Contact: Farah Abad 2123580688x13
- Special Events: Special Events Contact: Farah Abad (212) 358-0688 ext.28 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Nougatine at Jean Georges
Nougatine is the more casual sister of Jean-Georges, with a very lively bar scene at night. The restaurant attracts a mix of celebrities, socialites, and movers and shakers in the business world. Adjacent to the formal Jean-Georges dining room, Nougatine serves the signature and seasonal dishes of Chef Jean-Georges for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, 365 days a year. The menu is more casual than that offered at Jean-Georges but still market driven, utilizing only the freshest and finest ingredients. In addition to providing gorgeous views of Central Park, the newly renovated dining room by Thomas Juul-Hansen features a bustling, immaculate open kitchen. Tones of brown and cream mingle to create an elegant space that is soothing by day and exciting by night. Nougatine offers a prix-fixe lunch menu Monday through Saturday from noon to 3 p.m.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nougatine at Jean Georges reviews from OpenTable diners
545 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (310)special occasion (255)great for lunch (207)notable wine list (137)romantic (122)neighborhood gem (113)scenic view (110)great for outdoor dining (95)hot spot (90)great for brunch (86)vibrant bar scene (65)good for groups (50)late-night find (30)kid-friendly (14)Show More
- THE BEST!!!!BillyVIPDined on 10/29/2014Fantastic all around!! The bar is always hoping and service is impeccable. The tuna tartare is the best in the city.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/29/2014As usual the food, ambiance and service were great.Special Features:
- I will returnquarryDined on 10/26/2014We went to dinner to celebrate my sister's birthday. The ambience was pleasant and the surroundings upscale, without being overdone. The staff was extremely pleasant . non-intrusive and unflappable, even when one of my guests sent back a main course for reasons that had nothing to do with the quality of the dish itself. I had the veal as my main course, and would come back anytime when I am in town to have it again–it was that good, with superb subtle flavorings.. I thought all of my courses were outstanding, and was appreciative of the sommelier's helpfulness and knowledge.. My daughter and I were thoroughly pleased in every particular by Nougatine.Special Features:
- Always first ratePhDTigressVIPDined on 10/26/2014My husband and I had a delightful Sundat lunch at Nougatine prior to a 2:00 concert at Carnegie Hall. Not only is the $38 prix-fixe an amazing bargain, it's satisfying to be offered a menu at "brunch" time that isn't limited to breakfast-type dishes. We both had delicious butternut squash soup with black mushrooms and chives, perfectly cooked salmon, and a tasty apple tart with cinnamon ice cream. The service was impeccable: courteous, professional and efficient. Nougatine remains one of my favorite restaurants in NYC.Special Features:
- Repeat PerformanceDavidSDined on 10/25/2014Second time at this restaurant and food is exceptional - dining near the bar is energetic; hope to try the indoor patio next time.Special Features:
- Lived up to expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Arrived a little early on a Sat. night but seated immediately. Service and food excellent. Wine list impressive but a little pricey even for high end restaurants. Food prices I thought were reasonable. Been to Jean George before but first time at Nougatine, not much difference IMHO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A relaxed Jean GeorgeMutokaDined on 10/25/2014The great food and wine of Jean George in a more relaxed setting. And the service was outstanding. Really enjoyed our dinner after a busy NY day.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Had a delighfull breakfast experience on a Saturday morning, food was excellant, our guests were running a bit late to where kitchen was closing, resturant kept kitchen open to seve our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS food, service and setting!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/24/2014The food, service and setting with a view of Central Park at Nougatine Jean-George were all ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS! We asked to move from the table we were first seated at to the more open part of the restaurant with a view of the park. The servers were most helpful in accomodating our request and luckily a table came up and we moved after a short wait. The Sommelier recommended an excellent bottle of white wine that went so well with our menu selections and the food we ate was to die for! The interesting blend of flavours in both appetizer dishes we tried -- the tuna tartare and the shrimp salad will make your tastebuds sing. YUM! For entrees we had the Salmon and the Veal Milanese, also both were wonderful. The service throughout our meal was exceptionally attentive without being intrusive. A fantanstic dining experience and we will defintely be back.Special Features:
- Penny Lane foodiesYPENN5Dined on 10/23/2014This is a great starter restaurant for those who want to move up to food that surpasses the normal NYC fare. Virtually anything you order is elegantly prepared and seasoned to perfection. If it's your first adventure into NY it doesn't matter if your from Boise or Jacksonville you'll know you've seen what great food can be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go here for lunch!JLCNYVIPDined on 10/23/2014Actually it is open only for breakfast and lunch. The $38 lunch is a real NY bargain. Wonderful selections of appetizers and entrées and choice of 2 great desserts. Staff is very accommodating and friendly. Reservations are a must. Lunch is served until 3 PM.Special Features:
- Didn't knowOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/23/2014When we booked the reservation it was not clear that we would be offered the breakfast menu. Our reservation was for 10:45 am. Maybe we should have known... Maybe it could have been more clear. We felt a little disappointed and were underwhelmed by most of breakfast. The service was excellent, the fresh juices were unique and great tasting. All in all,$100 breakfast for two people. Eggs Benedict was on target, salmon and bagel were pretty standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleWeintime87VIPDined on 10/21/2014Everything was perfect, tuna tartar was perfect, as was the butternut squash, and halibut.Special Features:
- Slipping Ever So SlightlysensitiveDined on 10/21/2014While the venue remains a gem, and the service is outstanding, the food quaity is not what it has been for many years. Ordered Snapper at the recommendation of the waiter over the salmon. The plate garnishments (sauce and charred baby brocolli) were outstandiing. The fish was tough, rubbery and edible but nothing more. A mention to the waiter brought a "thank you for the feedback" reply, and that was it. Soft chocolate cake desert fabulous. As noted, slipping just a bit.Special Features:
- Gastronomic HeavenSavvySeniorDined on 10/21/2014The foie gras brûlée on brioche with fig jam was one of those eyes roll back in your head organic experiences - pure heaven. It completely stole the show. My husband's butternut squad soup was luscious and perfectly balanced, not at all sweet. Our second set of appetizers were also excellent but the first two were the highlights. I love this place. Service was perfect also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious lunch!sammicatVIPDined on 10/20/2014we had the prix fixed lunch. the shrimp salad was delectible and I loved the veal milanese with lemon sauce. We had to reserve in advance because it always fills up, but was worth planning ahead for it. My only gripe is the service was a bit too conscientious - took my bread plate away without asking, before I was really done.Special Features:
- Visitors from Francelesamantsdantibes06Dined on 10/19/2014Exceptional service preceded a fabulous meal , a fantasy , perfect for an unforgettable evening to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:
- Excellent Place For Lunch/BrunchDiner99Dined on 10/18/2014Great room, and view. The $38 lunch special is great and is complemented by a very, very thoughtful wine list (although most wines are not cheap). Service is outstanding. A must try place for anyone who cares about food.Special Features:
- Blissful food experience!LivelydiningDined on 10/17/2014I feel so fortunate to have been given the tip to visit here when in NY! While it would have been wonderful to have been seated outside on a glorious sunny day next to Central Park, this did not dampen my experience at all as the food and service was spectacular! Every course on our prix fixe menu was delectable. Even the neighbours at the next table were eyeing my dessert (just in case I didn't have room for the molten chocolate cake!) No way! It was all mine to savour! I would definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very fine dining near Central ParkFoodFriendDined on 10/16/2014At the suggestion of New York friends, we enjoyed a fine fixed price 3 course lunch at Nougatine after attending the New York Philharmonic Orchestra morning rehearsal nearby. There was also an a la carte menu available. The dining rooms are elegant and were not noisy during the time we spent there. Everything about the service was impeccable. We were able to choose from a comprehensive list of fixed price alternatives. My only slight complaint would be the cost of the tea and coffee which I hadn't noted when the menu was before us at the start of the meal. From memory I think teabag tea and a reasonable Italian coffee came to about $15. Otherwise the meal was good value considering the quality of the food and impeccable service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/16/2014Always wonderful. A modern classic. Inventive preparation. Best tuna tartare in the country.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- notquiteafoodieDined on 10/14/2014Not very attentive service. Once seated we sat a long time before anyone offered us a menu or water. Restaurant seems a little worn around the edges however the food is still good. Perhaps it was an off night but in the past few years the restaurant seemed to have more and seemed much more atSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3kiwifoodiesDined on 10/14/2014We were visiting from NZ and wanted a special, memorable meal at one of NY's finest restaurants. We weren't disappointed. The food was excellent and service was attentive. We had the Lunch tasting menu and we each selected different courses. They were all of high standard. The ambience was good and not too formal. This was a very enjoyable experience and thoroughly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What more could u ask for?!newbie1nNYCDined on 10/13/2014Great ambience, exceptional service, awesome food, what more can u ask for?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/12/2014Perfect Sunday morning brunch with great food and wonderful service.Special Features:
- Amazing experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Food was great! Especially the tasting menu. Great for a relaxed evening. Definitely will go back the next time I am in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best food and great value!BernieVIPDined on 10/11/2014The food at Nougatine comes from the same kitchen used by Jean-Georges and is consequently outstanding. Its much more casual and the prix fixe lunch at $38 is as good value as you can get in the city. But you sacrifice very little for its being more casual. The service is attentive and careful. The atmosphere is warm and friendly and all-in-all, I'd like to eat there every day! Truly an enjoyable spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelysphamptonDined on 10/11/2014Great service and food. My request for a window seat was accommodated which made the experience even better. Can't go wrong with the prix fixe lunch. Will be back and would recommend to anyone!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and ambianceJulia13Dined on 10/9/2014We throughly enjoyed our meal at Nougatine. Every dish was delicious and the drinks superb. I love having the casual option for a Jean Georges experience. A wonderful time was had by all.Special Features:
- A NY Reference PointRonnieDined on 10/8/2014Try and find a better restaurant in NY. Just outstanding. Food and service is brilliant. Wines by the glass, while pricey, are excellent. My wife and I love the place. The catch is that the dining experience is not cheap. But its worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/8/2014we were greeted with a kind smile and seated promptly. The place has a casually elegant feel to it but the staff is 100% seriously professional. The waiter was able to describe, in detail ,every ingredient that was used in their dishes as I had a concern over what i was able to eat. The timing of the courses was perfect, especially after explaining that we had to had to rush a bit. The food was deliciously fresh and creative. THe smoked rigatoni with polpetti was divine as was the crunchy salmon roll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnerAndreaDined on 10/7/2014Our dinner was delicious, service couldn't be beat and atmosphere was upscale but not pretentious.Special Features:
- Beautiful lunchMrPapillonDined on 10/7/2014Location and decor are amazing, it feels like having lunch among the trees. Food was absolutely delicious and beautifully presented. Service was perfect, a truly three star experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely disappointingNYCFoodieVIPDined on 10/5/2014Took a very long time to get our food. When it finally arrived it wasn't done correctly. Sent it back & it returned overdone & missing an item. Portions are very small - not for very hungry people. Service very slow & not nearly as sophisticated as you would expect in a Jean George establishment. Would never recommend to anyone - overall an awful rip-off.Special Features:
- Very goodJavertDined on 10/4/2014This is one of the best restaurantes I have been in NYC.Everything was great but the desserts were simply marvellous.I Will return every time we come to NYCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you're minority don't go thereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/2/2014First of all sorry about my broken english, we made a reservation at 8:30pm and I went there at 8:15pm a waiter at front said they cleaning up our table I need to wait so I was waiting, while I was waiting 3 groups(they were caucasian) were enter the restaurant without waiting I asked the waiter that why you let them in and waiter said they made reservation before me I accepted it and 20 minutes later another 2 groups just entered without waiting I was angry and I complained to waiter and waiter called snobbish & condescending manager, the manager said still cleaning so I was waited for 10 more minutes and they're still not let us in so we just left. what kind of restaurant take 40 minutes to clean up the table for 2 person?Special Features:
- Superb lunchKatyDined on 9/30/2014The set price lunch at Nougatine is incredibly good value for money. The food sets the taste buds going and the selection is varied. It's a really good restaurant.Special Features:
- Food was great. Service not so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/28/2014Highly recommend the prix fixe lunch. Best bang for your buck. The wait staff were lovely but the folks that greet you when you enter are the worst way to start a great dining experience. Snobby. Bad attitudes. Unpleasant. I could go on and on unfortunately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatPao11104Dined on 9/28/2014Wonderful healthy food. Gluten free bread. Beautiful green juices. Wonderful soy milk with coffee. Outstanding maple syrup. Homemade brioche French toast. Completely not touristy. No waiters treating you like your a fool who has never been to a restaurant. Just fantastic friendly humble and happy staff. Lovely people. Discreet atmosphere for VIPs. I'm going to make it a monthly visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Sunday brunch!JLCNYVIPDined on 9/28/2014For $38 Nougatine has a wonderful brunch. While the portions are relatively small (except the desserts), the food is interesting and excellent. The service is extraordinary. Our waitress was wonderful and explained each dish carefully. A substitution was made for dessert for one person in our party. The room is relatively quiet. The staff pays careful attention to the diners without being intrusive.Special Features: