824 New Hampshire Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20037Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.nottibianche.com/
- Phone: 2022988085x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast is served Monday - Friday 7-10 am and
Saturday - Sunday 8-11 am.
Lunch is served Tuesday - Friday 11:30am-2:30 pm.
Dinner is served Tuesday - Sunday 5pm-10pm.
Dinner is not served on Monday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Cassady
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining
- Private Party Contact: Lindsay Routt (202) 591-1502x
- Special Events: Join us Tuesday through Friday from 5pm-7pm at the bar for a newly introduced happy hour featuring $6 wine and champagne!
- Cross Street: H Street, NW
- Public Transit: Foggy Bottom Metro Stop (blue and orange lines)
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We share the valet with the George Washington University Inn, and the fee for Notti Bianche guests is $20. Please note our valet sign, which will direct you into the GWUI driveway. The bellman at the front of the hotel will take care of your car while you dine. Please pay the bartender inside of Notti Bianche for your reduced valet rate!
A word from Notti Bianche
There's a time each year when Rome shimmers with a celebration known as "White Nights." It's an all-night festival of culture and the arts, but most importantly to us, it's a celebration of food and drink! Notti Bianche and Executive Chef Michael Cassady embrace this spirit each day serving seasonal, reasonably priced Italian trattoria fare throughout the day!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Notti Bianche reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (47)fit for foodies (25)romantic (23)special occasion (22)notable wine list (9)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)good for groups (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Maybe a bad evening?22StreetNWDined on 10/17/2014This was our first visit. We will need to try it again. Perhaps it was a bad night. Our server was terrific. My wife's pork dish, "highly recommended" by the server was gristly and she could not eat much of it. We asked for a split of the salad--it was not very good and the portion was very small. My veal dish was so-so. We liked the neighborhood ambiance and the server noted that my wife didn't seem to like her entree and apologized, deleted the charge from the bill (without our asking) and asked us to return to try again. He said we "should try the pastas . . ." Maybe that is the chef's speciality. In short, the server's reaction to our dissatisfaction was appropriate and appreciated and we will try it again.Special Features:
- Great pre-theater at NOtti BianchileniVIPDined on 10/14/2014Notti Bianchi is our favorite pre theater restaurant. They have a new menu and it appears to be just as good as the prior menu. The service is engaging and responsive. My husband always parks the car while I go in to a restaurant. He really appreciates having a martini waiting for him when he arrives - it was! I had the duck breast which was excellent. My husband's Caesar salad was fresh and will constructed. As we were going to the theater we had wines by the glass and they were freshly opened, well selected and paired well with the food. YUMM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Terrible DessertGratianVIPDined on 10/12/2014No star for dessert, three stars for food. The menu has only three choices: a chocolate cake with ice cream, Crème brûlée, assorted ice cream. I ordered the cake. It was inedible. At $7.00 that's not a good way to end a meal. It would have been nice if the staff had, at least, noticed. Our main courses, salmon and branzino were good.
- Slim Pickings near the Kennedy CtrOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/11/2014The next in line of bistros to occupy this spot, this Italian kitchen features good flavors, small portions for the prices, and service that has you looking at your watch. If you ask if I have tickets for a performance, then deliver my meal consistent with that expectation. The kitchen may take its time, but then advertise a minimum duration for a 3-course meal.Special Features:
- disappointingFBfoodieVIPDined on 10/10/2014Notti Bianche has changed its menu (chef?) and not for the better. The Caesar Salad was tasteless and the Duck Breast was too tough to chew. Hope they make improvements or I won't be going back despite its convenience to the Kennedy Center.
- Meadiocre in every waywowedDined on 10/8/2014Restaurant has the one feature of being on the walk from metro to the Kennedy Center. Otherwise, its a quiet basement locale that looks like a basement. The pre fix menu should be skipped. Ala carte, some of the food is merely good, and much not that good to justify the price. Note that I checked none of the above recommendations for this restaurant.
- When Going to the Kennedy CenterDCDinerVIPDined on 10/7/2014There just aren't many choices and this is one of them. Our last two meals here though have been disappointing. Menu items are missing and the food quality is just so-so. My veal was salty and tough. Meatballs were dry. May be a while before we return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- JJfoodVIPDined on 10/3/2014Food was horrendous - like someone had poured a shaker of salt over every dish, even the salad. This used to be a good restaurant that cooked Italian food very well. That chef left and is sorely missed.
- So-so food near Kennedy CenterArnoldDined on 10/1/2014My wife ordered scallops for her main course. The scallops were ok, but the portion of scallops was small and the included vegetable was incredibly small. I ordered veal saltinbocca and it was overcooked and tough. The beer on draft was good and the waiter was friendly and attentive, so there was no problem getting to the Kennedy Center on time.
- Good pre-theatre stopGWR1VIPDined on 9/26/2014If you are looking for a reasonably priced meal prior to a Kennedy Center show, this is a good option. The menu is just varied enough and wine list intriguing at good value prices.Special Features:
- not worth the moneymyowntakeonfoodDined on 9/25/2014A friend and I went here for dinner last week. The waitress broke the wine cork while trying to open the bottle of wine. This should have been an automatic new bottle on the house as this is a no-no in a nice restaurant. My friend works at a fine Italian restaurant in the city and is aware of the no's and yes's of fine dining service. In addition, she ordered the fall special pumpkin gnocchi--this dish was far from being gnocchi. It was like fried pieces of pumpkin and not the light pasta pillowed-like pumpkin stuffed. We did mentioned the fact the dish was not made as mentioned on the menu. Something should have been removed from our tab for and/or the wine mess up and the fried dish. The food and services are not worth the prices.
- Great meeting spotDuaneDined on 9/18/2014Met for a quiet business lunch and place was perfect. Nice surroundings, good food, not crowded and quiet enough to have a conversation. I routinely arrange to meet business colleagues here for lunch for these reasons. Many restaurants jam their seating together so tightly that you feel like the people next to you are sitting at your table - Notti Bianche does not follow this trend which is another great reason it is superb for a quiet place to eat and talk. And to top it off,the food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for pre-theater diningDCGourmetVIPDined on 9/17/2014Definitely the best place for pre-Kennedy Center dining, at least until Ancora re-opens. Interesting wine list. The gnocchi were doughy, but the mushroom sauce was great!Special Features:
- LovelylindaVIPDined on 9/14/2014We chose Notti Bianche for dinner before a 7:00 PM show at the Lisner Auditorium. We arrived a bit late but were welcomed warmly and graciously. The staff knew we were running a bit behind schedule, so our appetizers and entrees were presented in a timely fashion but not so fast that we seemed rushed. We had a lovely bottle of wine, enjoyed bread and wonderfully spiced olive oil, caesar salads, and our pasta dishes which were divine, and very pretty. The ambiance and the staff were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near Kennedy CenterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Great little Italian restaurant in the Foggy bottom area and within walking distance to the Kennedy Center.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningLauraSVIPDined on 9/13/2014We were looking for wonderful food in a venue that would be within walking distance to the Kennedy Center. The Italian food was ohhh so good. We both had the Prix Fixe dinner -- the salads were extraordinary, the pasta melted in our mouths, the chocolate lava cake.....extraordinary. In addition, we paired it with a wonderful red italian wine. Romantic -- absolutely.Special Features:
- Charming & underratedAK47VIPDined on 9/13/2014My boyfriend and I were staying at the Residence Inn literally directly across from this restaurant. After a long day of walking around DC, we were grateful to simply cross the street for dinner. The service here is impeccable - they are incredibly attentive and our waitress' recommendation for wine with dinner was perfect. My only complaint with the food is that the portions were too small! I wanted to keep eating! It's in a basement of a building so it is small - definitely get a reservation. Highly recommended. Love the character of this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent before theater venueTasterVIPDined on 9/12/2014Had dinner there before a Kennedy Center event. The food and service were very excellent. Well prepared and well presented even though we were somewhat rushed to get to our show.Special Features:
- We have had dinner here many timesPSU79Dined on 9/12/2014We try to eat at Notti Bianche before or after performances at the Kennedy Center. We love the restaurant though it would be nice if they were open a little later on the weekends for an after performance dinner. There are not many good restaurants within walking distance of the Ken Cen. On September 12, we had reservations for 6:15p for an 8pm performance. We were seated a bit late and served later than we expected. The staff seemed a bit rushed so I am not sure if they were understaffed that night. Our waiter did the best he could. We had a wonderful meal and were able to make the performance on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Casual AtmosphereMLPDEDined on 9/5/2014Great place for a Kennedy Center pre-performance meal! The food was delicious and portions were perfect. Ahi Tuna was done to perfection and the seafood pasta had a lovely and plentiful combination of seafood. The staff was extremely accommodating and attentive. Prices were moderate. We will return because of the food! My only complaint was the bar. The happy hour beer was not cold, so not available when the restaurant opened. They did substitute a great ale in a frosted glass, but only had a few available, possibly because the bar was tiny and lacked an adequate fridge. My "seasonal G&T" (with "fresh" strawberry) was tasteless, flat and expensive. Wine selection was good, but too highly priced, given the moderate cost of the food.Special Features:
- Good, but expect $20 Valet ParkingJosephWDined on 8/27/2014We went here for a romantic dinner before a show at the Kennedy Center. And it was perfect -- the food was delicious, especially the gnocchi, and the service fast and attentive. So we got out in plenty of time. However, to park, you have to use valet parking, and nobody told me in advance that (#1) this costs $20, and (#2) it's cash only. I got a pass this time since I didn't know and didn't have the cash. But they should tell you that when you make your reservation, and put it on their website as well.Special Features:
- Great food, fun celebrationDogWalkerFCDined on 8/23/2014Tuna was excellent & prepared perfectly. Pasta dishes were very good. Small dessert list but panacota was very good. We were celebrating my niece's birthday. The server gave each of the 4 of us a glass of champagne. The service was attentive but not obtrusive.Special Features:
- Good food, great atmospherecatsaresmarterDined on 8/20/2014We visit the Foggy Bottom/GWU campus area several times a year since our son is a student there. We were so happy to find this local restaurant after checking Trip Advisor reviews. The atmosphere is classy but comfortable and contemporary. The food was very good - just short of 4-5 stars. Prices are high but if you want a nice meal out - I highly recommend it. Service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/16/2014They were accommodating to several requests for menu adjustments. Risotto was very good. Other guests liked the swordfish and polenta which was very creamy. Spaghetti not so great. Overall satisfied with food and service.
- Great for dinner!rustyDined on 8/14/2014Great place to have dinner before a Kennedy center show!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodmeVIPDined on 8/9/2014You'd almost miss it walking by, sitting on the ground floor of the George Washington Inn on a quiet section of New Hampshire Avenue. And the digs aren't the swankiest -- it's a handful of tables in a small, nondescript space with a good view of the cars pulling into the Inn. But the food is fresh, simple, and tasty (though portions aren't the biggest). Try the creamy polenta, it was fantastic. Will be back.
- Nice place close to Kennedy CenterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014This is a small, pleasant trattoria within easy walking distance of the Kennedy Center. Great for an intimate dinner before takin in a show. The menu is fairly small but the entrees we chose (grilled pork chop and bucatini marinara) were both excellent, as was the buttermilk citrus pana cotta thatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/9/2014Wonderful meal before an evening performance at the nearby Kennedy Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Significantly better than last timeMortGVIPDined on 8/8/2014We've been coming to Notti Bianche off-and-on for a while, especially when our plans include something at The Kennedy Center. The last few times we'd been here were "just okay". Friday night, however, was outstanding. My wife took advantage of the restaurant's pre-theater dinner -- $35 for 3 courses. Outstanding! She had the Caesar salad, tagliatelle, and lava cake. I tasted all three. Delicious! I had the caprese salad and the skirt steak off the regular menu. (She shared her lava cake with me.) Also outstanding. Our server, Corey, and the rest of his team provided outstanding service -- they were there when you needed them, not there when you didn't. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Before the theaterNolanknitsVIPDined on 8/3/2014Notti Bianche is convenient to the Kennedy Center and knows how to accommodate theater goers.Special Features:
- Great start to Kennedy Center Nightrheusmc13Dined on 8/1/2014Found this restaurant on Google, and decided to try it out. So glad we did. Service was excellent, and so was the food. With the short walk to the Kennedy Center after dinner to get our date night started right. Recommend this to anyone who wants to have an evening on the town.Special Features:
- Only averageJimmyVIPDined on 7/29/2014Convenient for a quick bite prior to Kennedy Center, but nothing special.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/22/2014Our table wasn't choicest, but service was thoughtful and the meal was excellent. It was not a busy night and we were left quietly to visit, which we appreciated. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- SuezqDined on 7/22/2014I greatly appreciated how the staff accommodated my granddaughters requests. She (and I) were very impressed with the attentiveness.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014We came here for a new place on our anniversary, and they treated us wonderfully. Service and food were both excellent. It makes for a great date night if you are attending a show at the Kennedy Center since it is a very short walk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jeff1Dined on 7/19/2014Notte Bianchi is definitely a neighborhood gem. A nice, unpretentious local restaurant, with good Italian food at reasonable prices. My wife and I both started with gazpacho, which was nicely spiced. I then had poppardelle with veal and mushrooms which was excellent, and my wife had seared scallops that she liked a lot.Special Features:
- Great Date Night Spotyeno4Dined on 7/18/2014My wife and I often have date night and look for nice places and this is one that we will be returning. The service was nice, seated quickly, in fact a couple minutes earlier than our reservation. The wait staff was great and the food was pretty good also. Very romantic and enjoyed our date night. We'll be back for sure!!Special Features:
- good, near Kennedy CenterflevyVIPDined on 7/13/2014Nice restaurant, walking distance to the Kennedy Center. Food very tasty and service was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theater dinnerTx2CaliDined on 7/13/2014We informed the restaurant we were going to the Kennedy Center. The meal was delicious and timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pheasant not goodgreatDined on 7/12/2014The service was good and the place was nice like always, but the pheasant I had was not god at all. Ive had pheasant before and this one was not good. Otherwise my ladies food was good and she liked it.Special Features: