824 New Hampshire Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20037Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.nottibianche.com/
- Phone: 2022988085x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast is served Monday - Friday 7-10 am and
Saturday - Sunday 8-11 am.
Lunch is served Tuesday - Friday 11:30am-2:30 pm.
Dinner is served Tuesday - Sunday 5pm-10pm.
Dinner is not served on Monday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Cassady
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining
- Private Party Contact: Lindsay Routt (202) 591-1502x
- Special Events: Join us Tuesday through Friday from 5pm-7pm at the bar for a newly introduced happy hour featuring $6 wine and champagne!
- Cross Street: H Street, NW
- Public Transit: Foggy Bottom Metro Stop (blue and orange lines)
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We share the valet with the George Washington University Inn, and the fee for Notti Bianche guests is $20. Please note our valet sign, which will direct you into the GWUI driveway. The bellman at the front of the hotel will take care of your car while you dine. Please pay the bartender inside of Notti Bianche for your reduced valet rate!
A word from Notti Bianche
There's a time each year when Rome shimmers with a celebration known as "White Nights." It's an all-night festival of culture and the arts, but most importantly to us, it's a celebration of food and drink! Notti Bianche and Executive Chef Michael Cassady embrace this spirit each day serving seasonal, reasonably priced Italian trattoria fare throughout the day!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Notti Bianche reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (65)fit for foodies (36)special occasion (26)romantic (25)great for lunch (6)late-night find (5)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (4)good for groups (4)Show More
- Good, but expect $20 Valet ParkingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014We went here for a romantic dinner before a show at the Kennedy Center. And it was perfect -- the food was delicious, especially the gnocchi, and the service fast and attentive. So we got out in plenty of time. However, to park, you have to use valet parking, and nobody told me in advance that (#1) this costs $20, and (#2) it's cash only. I got a pass this time since I didn't know and didn't have the cash. But they should tell you that when you make your reservation, and put it on their website as well.Special Features:
- Great food, fun celebrationDogWalkerFCDined on 8/23/2014Tuna was excellent & prepared perfectly. Pasta dishes were very good. Small dessert list but panacota was very good. We were celebrating my niece's birthday. The server gave each of the 4 of us a glass of champagne. The service was attentive but not obtrusive.Special Features:
- Good food, great atmospherecatsaresmarterDined on 8/20/2014We visit the Foggy Bottom/GWU campus area several times a year since our son is a student there. We were so happy to find this local restaurant after checking Trip Advisor reviews. The atmosphere is classy but comfortable and contemporary. The food was very good - just short of 4-5 stars. Prices are high but if you want a nice meal out - I highly recommend it. Service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/16/2014They were accommodating to several requests for menu adjustments. Risotto was very good. Other guests liked the swordfish and polenta which was very creamy. Spaghetti not so great. Overall satisfied with food and service.
- Great for dinner!rustyDined on 8/14/2014Great place to have dinner before a Kennedy center show!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodmeVIPDined on 8/9/2014You'd almost miss it walking by, sitting on the ground floor of the George Washington Inn on a quiet section of New Hampshire Avenue. And the digs aren't the swankiest -- it's a handful of tables in a small, nondescript space with a good view of the cars pulling into the Inn. But the food is fresh, simple, and tasty (though portions aren't the biggest). Try the creamy polenta, it was fantastic. Will be back.
- Nice place close to Kennedy CenterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014This is a small, pleasant trattoria within easy walking distance of the Kennedy Center. Great for an intimate dinner before takin in a show. The menu is fairly small but the entrees we chose (grilled pork chop and bucatini marinara) were both excellent, as was the buttermilk citrus pana cotta thatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/9/2014Wonderful meal before an evening performance at the nearby Kennedy Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Significantly better than last timeMortGVIPDined on 8/8/2014We've been coming to Notti Bianche off-and-on for a while, especially when our plans include something at The Kennedy Center. The last few times we'd been here were "just okay". Friday night, however, was outstanding. My wife took advantage of the restaurant's pre-theater dinner -- $35 for 3 courses. Outstanding! She had the Caesar salad, tagliatelle, and lava cake. I tasted all three. Delicious! I had the caprese salad and the skirt steak off the regular menu. (She shared her lava cake with me.) Also outstanding. Our server, Corey, and the rest of his team provided outstanding service -- they were there when you needed them, not there when you didn't. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Before the theaterNolanknitsVIPDined on 8/3/2014Notti Bianche is convenient to the Kennedy Center and knows how to accommodate theater goers.Special Features:
- Great start to Kennedy Center Nightrheusmc13Dined on 8/1/2014Found this restaurant on Google, and decided to try it out. So glad we did. Service was excellent, and so was the food. With the short walk to the Kennedy Center after dinner to get our date night started right. Recommend this to anyone who wants to have an evening on the town.Special Features:
- Only averageJimmyVIPDined on 7/29/2014Convenient for a quick bite prior to Kennedy Center, but nothing special.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/22/2014Our table wasn't choicest, but service was thoughtful and the meal was excellent. It was not a busy night and we were left quietly to visit, which we appreciated. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- SuezqDined on 7/22/2014I greatly appreciated how the staff accommodated my granddaughters requests. She (and I) were very impressed with the attentiveness.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014We came here for a new place on our anniversary, and they treated us wonderfully. Service and food were both excellent. It makes for a great date night if you are attending a show at the Kennedy Center since it is a very short walk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jeff1Dined on 7/19/2014Notte Bianchi is definitely a neighborhood gem. A nice, unpretentious local restaurant, with good Italian food at reasonable prices. My wife and I both started with gazpacho, which was nicely spiced. I then had poppardelle with veal and mushrooms which was excellent, and my wife had seared scallops that she liked a lot.Special Features:
- Great Date Night Spotyeno4Dined on 7/18/2014My wife and I often have date night and look for nice places and this is one that we will be returning. The service was nice, seated quickly, in fact a couple minutes earlier than our reservation. The wait staff was great and the food was pretty good also. Very romantic and enjoyed our date night. We'll be back for sure!!Special Features:
- good, near Kennedy CenterflevyVIPDined on 7/13/2014Nice restaurant, walking distance to the Kennedy Center. Food very tasty and service was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theater dinnerTx2CaliDined on 7/13/2014We informed the restaurant we were going to the Kennedy Center. The meal was delicious and timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pheasant not goodgreatDined on 7/12/2014The service was good and the place was nice like always, but the pheasant I had was not god at all. Ive had pheasant before and this one was not good. Otherwise my ladies food was good and she liked it.Special Features:
- Great Dinner ChoicePatBDined on 7/10/2014Great for dinner prior to going to the Kennedy Center. They really know how to handle the pre-theater crowd without being over attentive. This is my second time for dinner and this is becoming my favorite pre-theater spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014This is a very good neighborhood restaurant in an important neighborhood - close to GW and the Ken Cen. It is for grown ups, and would get five stairs if they used white tablecloths and had more comfortable chairs. Decent value also.Special Features:
- Great for pre-theater diningrcf17Dined on 7/9/2014My girlfriend and I came here before going to the Kennedy Center and left very satisfied. The food was first rate and the service was excellent; our waiter tool our glasses of wine off the check because there was a delay in getting our orders in, which we greatly appreciated. We also liked the spacing of the tables!Special Features:
- Good and PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014The food was well prepared and tasty. The service was acceptable. A little pricey for my taste, but we needed something before a show at the Kennedy Center and this was close. Got the show special and it was ok. I will probably go somewhere else the next time I'm in the area.
- Great Food, A Little PriceyFoodFanVIPDined on 7/3/2014Notti provides a very creative menu; well beyond the norm. The Tagliatelle was exceptional, the Seared Scallops were very tasty, but the risotto had a slightly odd taste (not bad, just different). The Prix Fixe menu is a good concept for pre-theater dining, but I was disappointed by the no substitue policy. Restaurant salads are never worth the money and I would have preferred to swap it for the equally priced grilled eggplant, but that wasn't an option. A flexibility would have made the experience much more enjoyable. Short walk to Kennedy Center; great for a pre-show meal.Special Features:
- Better than KCElleVIPDined on 7/3/2014Came before a show at the Kennedy Center. The service was prompt and the food very good. It's much better than the restaurant in the Kennedy Center.I would recommend this to a friend.
- localfoodielocalfoodieDined on 7/3/2014The dinner at Notti Bianche was very nice. The food with one exception was tasty and well prepared. Although my companion and I both had fish as an entree, my salmon was excellent; however she sent her swordfish back to the kitchen as it appear not to be fresh, The waitress very kindly substituted the salmon (equally well prepared) for the swordfish. The service was excellent and the ambience is very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Kennedy Center ShowThisOldPearDined on 6/21/2014Restaurant offers a Pre-theater special. $35 for specific starter, meal and desserts. If you are interested in those items, it would save you approx $5-7 on your meal. Portions were small, but that was nice because we didn't over-eat. Had several white/red wines to choose from, but limited mixed drinks. Overall, a very nice evening, would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Excellent Pre-theater MenuVitoVIPDined on 6/21/2014The pet theater menu was a real treat. Our salmon was cooked perfectly. Large salad and a surprisingly large dessert. Comfortable atmosphere: small and intimate. Wait staff very friendly and helpful. And 2 complimentary beverages (we had 2 wonderful glasses of wine) if you have tickets for Kennedy Center which is a 10 minute walk. Notte Bianchi sits on a beautiful quiet street. We were told by another diner that Weist try the Veal Tagliatelle. Perhaps on our next visit to DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New and Improved MenuTheHawkVIPDined on 6/20/2014Notti Bianci has a great location for dinner before shows at the Kennedy Center. They have completely redone their menu since out last visit and it's much improved. Several new appetizers are a good addition: the Tuna Crudo was delicious. They did keep their best pasta dishes and added a couple of new ones; my wife enjoyed the Veal Tagliatelle. They also have half servings of the pastas, though it's no longer shown on the menu. Only downside is that their valet parking is $20, which is not in line with others nearby (except of course, the K.C.). It's one thing for a "daily parking" rate, and another for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner after concertSecondMomDined on 6/19/2014Original dishes delicious prepared, very friendly service and perfect location for a quiet dinner after a concert at the Kennedy Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amsavaVIPDined on 6/15/2014first time. recommended by friend as close to Kennedy Center. Not disappointed. All food very good, well-prepared, and cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place!!DCDinerVIPDined on 6/12/2014Best lamb chops ever! Pastas are also very good. Don't be put off by the limited menu. Everything is good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, but . . .SteveDined on 6/8/2014the food was outstanding, including a delicious compote for desert, and the lone waitress did a good job, but don't expect much in the way of ambience. That said, I'll be back for more of that food.Special Features:
- mixed reviewMorrVIPDined on 6/7/2014Lamb chops. My guest found them to be excellent. Panzanella. a bit too much bread. Cesar Salad. Guest found it salty. Tagliatelle. tasted fine, but the veal strips looked like they were torn apart. desserts were good. server forgot 2 things we asked for.Special Features:
- It was great!greatDined on 6/6/2014I took a date there and it couldn't have been better. The place was very nice and had a great feel to it. The service was great and the food was awesome. I had the Swordfish and my date had the Salmon. My was super good and my date really liked hers. The noise level was perfect for a good conversation.Special Features:
- Love Notti Bianchi!leniVIPDined on 6/6/2014Notti Bianchi is our favorite restaurant pre theater. Food is good, wines by the glass are excellent and you can specify you wish a bottle opened that day. Pastas are excellent as is the Caesar salad. It is quaint has a feel all its own. The servers know what they are serving and go out of their way to please. My husband says the very dry Hendricks gin martinis are among the Best!Special Features:
- Great choice near Kennedy CenterOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/5/2014Can't go wrong beginning your Kennedy Center evening with dinner at Notti Bianche! Some months ago we were looking for an alternative to the usual..and decided to walk a few blocks to this little neighborhood gem--and we were not disappointed. Our dinner this time was even better. Although all the entrees were inviting, we chose homemade pasta...tagliatone--delicious. Also--the gelato dessert (3 scoops, each a different flavor) was worth the calories!Special Features:
- good but not greatDCdinnerDined on 6/4/2014a convenient location if staying at the GWU Inn....my friend and I had the pasta....was ok, a good solid B, but not outstanding. Friendly service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably savoryrudydaleVIPDined on 5/30/2014Although our colleagues were nearly 45 minutes late, the wait for the food was, as always, worth it. The asparagus soup was delicious, as was the mushroom panini sandwich, although I will suggest that the chef's use thinner bread for the panini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.