Noto's Old World Italian Dining
6600 28th Street SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Noto's Old World Italian Dining
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.notosoldworld.com/
- Phone: 6164936686
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm Facility available for non-scheduled hours by special arrangement. This also includes special holiday gatherings!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have a complete catering menu on our website at www.notosoldworld.com. Many dishes can be prepared for take-out for small groups & off-site catering for large groups is available.
- Private Party Facilities: Our beautiful banquet facility can accommodate many styles of parties or events. We have small spaces perfect for parties of 10 and larger spaces for up to 2000 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Joann Noto 6164936686
- Entertainment: Noto's has live entertainment in the lounge Wednesday through Saturday evenings from 7:00pm - 10:00pm. The Tommy Hagen Trio entertains guests on Wednesday evenings (visit www.notosoldworld.com for details on The Tommy Hagen Trio); please call Noto's for more information regarding Thursday through Saturday night entertainment. Our guests will be entertained with class, professionalism, versatility & fun! Reservation Confirmation Message: As Aristotle said, "Excellence is not an act it's a habit." The Noto Family translation - When you visit and experience Noto's once, you'll have to come back! Thank you for choosing Noto's Old World Italian Dining. Should your plans change please let us know. We look forward to serving you. If you are not dining in the new Wine Cellar, don't leave before seeing it! We would be delighted to show you for your next visit to West Michigan! www.notosoldworld.com
- Special Events: Please see the "Private Dining" tab in the top right corner for details regarding our special event options in our gorgeous, spacious, banquet facilities.
- Cross Street: West of Cascade Road
- Public Transit: Local cab services, along with town car and limousine services can provide transportation. Many nearby hotels will provide transportation to Noto's on request. Please call us if you need assistance in making local arrangements.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Noto's has ample parking for most events. When needed there is street parking available, along with municipal parking for evening events within walking distance.
A word from Noto's Old World Italian Dining
"Where good taste never ends, you know it's Noto's!" Because first impressions count, the Noto's family has given special attention to making a strong, solid & respectable statement with the building's exterior & entry. You'll find a grand stone building with multiple entries. Noto's is not only a fine-dining restaurant, but a large banquet facility. The old world atmosphere of the interior speaks of quality & care. Noto's lounge has live music, a gracious but casually elegant dining room with a massive wine list recognized by Wine Spectator Magazine, & spectacular authentic Italian foods! A new banquet entryway features a white marble spiral staircase with a glistening chandelier. The staircase ascends to a ballroom & descends into the newly completed Wine Cellar with thousands of bottles of wine & a new dining area for our Chef's Dinners. Dining spaces in the cellar are semi-private brick arched spaces with individual chandeliers. A must see!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Noto's Old World Italian Dining - Best Restaurants in Grand Rapids ›
Noto's Old World Italian Dining reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (19)notable wine list (18)romantic (17)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (11)neighborhood gem (4)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent Italian cuisineharrygDined on 8/21/2014Very nice atmosphere , excellent food and an outstanding wine list .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening.NavybikermomDined on 8/18/2014Tony Noto met us at the door and offered a tour of the wine cellar. The wine I wanted was out of stock but they offered a comparable type, so I was happy with that. Next time we'll try the prix fixe in the wine cellar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining.bubbsterVIPDined on 8/9/2014Very good food was served, the wine list is enormous, service is very good too. Comfortable, family owned restaurant is enjoyable and they often have live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Ordered a medium rare fillet and it came out raw with a seared bit on the outside. Then they microwaved it. Would definitely not suggest this restaurant. Overpriced and the food at Applebee's is better. Which is saying that it was pretty awful. It's decor looks like something from the 70's.
- KevinKevinDined on 7/2/2014Delightful dinner and the restaurant was private enough to have a great conversation!Special Features:
- Entertaining EveningitaliansfinestDined on 6/26/2014Thanks for the great evening. I was entertaining some clients from Chicago and they did nothing but rave about the food, service and ambiance of this fantastic little gem in eastern Grand Rapids. Can't wait to get back and take my wife to this local find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Passion for Italian FoodPnCKevinDined on 6/12/2014Noto's is the finest Italian food in West Michigan. The family has a great passion for cuisine and for service. The wine list is more of an encyclopedia than a list, and they have terrific expertise in pairing wine with delicious entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant was filthyEnjoy2dineDined on 6/7/2014My wife and I went to Noto's for our Wedding Anniversary and we were very disappointed. The white table cloth on the table was dirty. The white napkin at my seat looked like it was used. The silverware looked like it was purchased at a Dollar Store. When the server brought out our bread she had 2 plates with her and the bottom one had food crumbs all over it. The bread tasted like it was warmed up in the microwave. We ordered the Calamari and it tasted very gummy. The rest of the meal was good. We spent over $100.00 in the restaurant and I thought we would have been able to get a much better experience. I was surprised to see the restaurant was so empty but after going here for the first time, I now see why.Special Features:
- Nice find in Grand RapidsKielDined on 5/17/2014This a nice place, nicely decorated and comfortable. Menu choice was good and food was excellent. Service was a little slow as it is also a banquet place and they seemed a bit understaffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!1CharliesfanDined on 5/17/2014The food was fantastic and the service was outstanding!Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServicecatfaceDined on 5/5/2014The food at Noto's is AMAZING. Fine-dining quality, blended perfectly with home-cooked taste. Their wine list is extensive, and they also have a fine selection of scotch. They seem to make most of their money as a wedding venue, and the restaurant itself is usually *surprisingly* empty. Don't let this fool you, though - the food and service are wonderful. I recommend this as a nice place to go on a romantic date. It's expensive, though. Bring money.Special Features:
- The following 322 reviews are from the Noto's Old World Italian Dining reviews archive.
- Fabulous DinnerLuv2dineoutDined on 5/5/2014We went to Noto's to celebrate or 29th wedding anniversary and we were not disappointed. The food was fabulous. We were undecided between two different bottles of wine. JoAnne Noto was extremely helpful in explaining the differences between the two, even down to the different Regions of Italy they came from. She also had wonderful recommendations for dinner as a paring for each. We will be back!!!Special Features:
- Elegant but not pretentiousTanisAtTheTableDined on 5/3/2014This was a wonderful dining experience. I had my 13 year old nephew at the table and he was treated well. A good fine dining experience. I asked him on the way home how he would describe the experience and he said "elegant!" His parents and foodie uncle (me) agreed!Special Features:
- Needs updating -outstanding servicekdamghaniDined on 5/2/2014Restaurant was good. Food was good, not great - needed a bit more pizazz. The service was outstanding and the owner coming to the table was a great and personal touch. The ambiance in the building is fantastic but in the main dining room, it needs to be updated. The wine list is 140 pages of unbelievable Italian wines! The cellar is truly a sight to see.Special Features:
- Classy but over pricedgrandvillefoodieDined on 4/19/2014Food was good. Restaurant was Classy. But you will end up dropping a lot of money for something that you can get at carabbas.Special Features:
- Great old style ItalianCafeyVino22VIPDined on 4/12/2014This was an amazing experience not only is the service great the wine and food are amazing! They have one of the best wine list I have ever seen. So many Barolo's! Can't wait to go back for a visit. The owners walked to our table and talked with us like family it felt like being back in Italy. We will be back.Special Features:
- Fantastic dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/7/2014My husband and I were wanting a romantic place that had really good food, so we decided to try Noto's. I simply had no idea just how warm & romantic the environment would be or just how wonderful the food was. It was an incredible dining experience all the way around, and we will definitely be going back for our Anniversary!!!Special Features:
- Best Food!Di9SigDined on 3/26/2014I purchased a Groupon for $50, which resulted in $100 worth of food. The food was excellent. Our table was right by the kitchen with a lot of traffic of the serving staff. Many tables were available, wondered if because it was a Groupon, that's why we were seated by the kitchen. While speaking to our table of four, the waiter challenged me on the correct usage of a term. We had a great time. Opentable was the best reservation website I've ever used. Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Time still a CharmWormVIPDined on 3/13/2014Whenever we visit Grand Rapids Noto is on our must do list. Good food, excellent wine selection and the waiter was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a great find. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/5/2014This was a great find. The food, ambience and service was outstanding. As we left we were offered a tour of their wine cellar and their banquet facilities by one of the owners. His enthusiasm and friendliness will bring us back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you!LoveitDined on 2/19/2014Great food and wonderful service! Tony, thank you for the private tour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Motown in GRMotownDined on 2/15/2014Recently purchased a home in the area, had some friends visit over the weekend. We were looking for a place to take them for dinner and found Noto's. We had a GREAT time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was terrific. VeryHungrynomoreDined on 2/14/2014Everything was terrific. Very cordial and accomodating staff, great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice valentine nightRockyDined on 2/14/2014Noto's is one of the loveliest restaurants in the area. It definitely makes a great 1st impression. We went on Valentine's night & the ambience is perfect for that. The rooms were filled with almost nothing but couples. In short: The service was excellent. The wine list great. My wife's Caesar salad was as bland as Wonder bread. Thankfully, she was able to exchange it for a very good spinach salad. We are vegetarians who occasionally eat fish. Do note that the menu is limited is rather limited in either. She ordered the mussels & I had risotto with crab/shrimp. The sauce for the mussels was out of this world. I would pour it over anything & enjoy it. I kept sopping it up with bread. My dish was probably a 3.5 out of 5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced with strange odorMemberVIPDined on 2/13/2014The menu has variety, but $10 for wilted lettuce is hard to stomach (literally). Eggplant parmesan was doused with tomato sauce to hide the lack of flavor. The lamb was beautifully presented and the duck ravioli was unusual but very oily. The waitress did not listen, and messed up our salad order as well as the wine. The waitress two tables over was so loud, half the restaurant could hear her. Made the ambiance less than pleasant. The owner's son was aimlessly stopping at tables, but ours he just looked at and continued to the next table. The atmosphere the night before Valentine's Day was like a morgue. No one in the bar and the lobby had the strangest odor emanating. We noticed immediately upon arrival.
- almost great4friendsDined on 1/31/2014We enjoyed a very nice evening at Noto's. Our waiter, William, was very good. Appetizers, soups, pasta and desserts all met or surpassed our expectations. Our entrees were seasoned and prepared well, but were cold or lukewarm by the time they made it to our table. One of us received a steak ordered medium that was still red and cold inside. For the price, we were a little disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I were visitingNotPleasedDined on 1/25/2014My husband and I were visiting Grand Rapids for our anniversary. We had booked a reservation at Noto's for dinner time. I wanted to surprise my husband, since Italian is his very type of food and I saw there was a jazz band playing there. I had looked up the best places to eat in the area, and decided upon Noto's. However, it didn't work out. The restaurant called us Saturday afternoon to let us know they were not going to be open due to a pipe leak. Needless to say, we were very disappointed. We aren't from around the area and was really looking forward to dining at your restaurant. We made reservations so we could plan ahead. It definitely put a damper on our evening and ruined our plans.
- Reserved this sometime agoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014Reserved this sometime ago to go with friends. Drove over an hour on bad roads. They had a pipe burst in their banquet area so moved the party to the restaurant and did not accommodate us or offer us anything for our troubles. Disappointed over this.
- Fantastic experience at Noto's!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/11/2014Fantastic experience at Noto's! William was the perfect server; knowledgeable and his timing between courses was impeccable. The food was so authentic. Having been to a cooking school in Tuscany we recognize really good Italian food. The wine list is the most extensive I have ever seen. We will be back!Special Features:
- Noto himself was horriblyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014Noto himself was horribly rude to our table. I've never been treated like that before and was horribly offended by his behavior. I expect that if I pay that amount for a meal that I be treated with respect. I have told all of my friends and acquaintances not to eat at this restaurant as well as written reviews about the matter. Noto needs to learn how to be respectful of people and that people pay the extra money not just for the food but the experience. I had considered Noto's for a wedding venue but I will take my business else where.
- Noto'sTimothyDined on 1/11/2014My wife and I went to Noto's for the first time on January 11, 2014. This was in celebration of our 29th wedding anniversary. We found the atmosphere to be quiet and romantic. It was a great place to go. The staff was very friendly and made us feel welcome, almost like coming home after a long absence. They were very courteous and went out of their way to make the evening a special one for us. The only drawback is that our eyes anot what they used to be and wad to borrow a led light from our hostess in order to see the menu. Overall, we had a great time and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noto's: Great Menu and WinelistBruceDined on 1/11/2014We celebrated a special occasion with two other couples at Noto's, and we all left wondering why we don't enjoy this family-run establishment more regularly. The menu was extensive and pleasing, and the wine list even more so. Tommy Noto came by to greet us and give us the tour of the catacomb-like private dining area below, a truly remarkable spot that we have to try some night. All the members of our party raved about the food, from a selection of appetizers through the main courses and the desserts. And the Mazzoni Toscano Rosso wine was a beautiful choice. Bravo, Noto's! We shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurantCWeyDined on 1/3/2014Had a wonderful dinner with family. Great food, awesome service, reasonably priced. The Friday night we went there was a gentleman playing the guitar. Noise level even with music was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Take your time elegancePinoDined on 1/2/2014Dining is still available in Grand Rapids. This is a memorable treat that will satiate all your senses and desires of ambience, service and leisure affording you the enjoyment of a real meal at a relaxed pace and environment . Mangia!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent nightMitchellDined on 12/28/2013Everyone in our group said this was the best time they had in a long time. Thanks for everything you doSpecial Features:
- My wife and I LOVE not being2ndcomersDined on 12/21/2013My wife and I LOVE not being rushed to order in the casual atmosphere. This was a return visit date night with my wife. We came back because of the excellent treatment we received last year by the family there ,especially by Tom Noto, who had showed us around the whole place graciously complete with the history and quaint stories surrounding The restaurant. We felt like family. It was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarciaSusanDined on 12/21/2013We had a wonderful experience dining with our group. Our server, William was attentive to the entire group. The meals were delicious and served warm. We all ordered different entrees and each one was superb. We had 11 in our group which included young adults as well. Everyone ordered different desserts which allowed us to sample each others. I would just say the cannolli did not have any flavor. All desserts have a wonderful presentation with fresh fruit. Thank you for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional Italian ExtravaganzaJohnhughmcDined on 12/14/2013Dinner was fantastic. We each had 5 courses which is easy to do with the half portions they offer. The ambiance was nice with a large lit Christmas tree and jazz trio in bar. Owners are so friendly and chatted with us for quite a while. Our experience lasted 3 hours - the way great meals should! Excellent wine selection too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOve Tom &Cherie & RickCher2dineDined on 11/27/2013I mostly come to watch Tom and Cherie Play . We love them<3. The food was good. love all the people who follow Tom & Cherie and Rick .We didn't have our normal sever She went home early WE LOve Her . I think Her name is Sasha. Great with the people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint Romantic, exceptionalJRozDined on 11/16/2013The wait staff were the most friendly people, we were well taken care of, from the moment we arrived. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.