Noto's Old World Italian Dining
6600 28th Street SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Noto's Old World Italian Dining
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.notosoldworld.com/
- Phone: (616) 493-6686
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm Facility available for non-scheduled hours by special arrangement. This also includes special holiday gatherings!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have a complete catering menu on our website at www.notosoldworld.com. Many dishes can be prepared for take-out for small groups & off-site catering for large groups is available.
- Private Party Facilities: Our beautiful banquet facility can accommodate many styles of parties or events. We have small spaces perfect for parties of 10 and larger spaces for up to 2000 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Joann Noto 6164936686
- Entertainment: Noto's has live entertainment in the lounge Wednesday through Saturday evenings from 7:00pm - 10:00pm. The Tommy Hagen Trio entertains guests on Wednesday evenings (visit www.notosoldworld.com for details on The Tommy Hagen Trio); please call Noto's for more information regarding Thursday through Saturday night entertainment. Our guests will be entertained with class, professionalism, versatility & fun! Reservation Confirmation Message: As Aristotle said, "Excellence is not an act it's a habit." The Noto Family translation - When you visit and experience Noto's once, you'll have to come back! Thank you for choosing Noto's Old World Italian Dining. Should your plans change please let us know. We look forward to serving you. If you are not dining in the new Wine Cellar, don't leave before seeing it! We would be delighted to show you for your next visit to West Michigan! www.notosoldworld.com
- Special Events: Please see the "Private Dining" tab in the top right corner for details regarding our special event options in our gorgeous, spacious, banquet facilities.
- Cross Street: West of Cascade Road
- Public Transit: Local cab services, along with town car and limousine services can provide transportation. Many nearby hotels will provide transportation to Noto's on request. Please call us if you need assistance in making local arrangements.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Noto's has ample parking for most events. When needed there is street parking available, along with municipal parking for evening events within walking distance.
A word from Noto's Old World Italian Dining
"Where good taste never ends, you know it's Noto's!" Because first impressions count, the Noto's family has given special attention to making a strong, solid & respectable statement with the building's exterior & entry. You'll find a grand stone building with multiple entries. Noto's is not only a fine-dining restaurant, but a large banquet facility. The old world atmosphere of the interior speaks of quality & care. Noto's lounge has live music, a gracious but casually elegant dining room with a massive wine list recognized by Wine Spectator Magazine, & spectacular authentic Italian foods! A new banquet entryway features a white marble spiral staircase with a glistening chandelier. The staircase ascends to a ballroom & descends into the newly completed Wine Cellar with thousands of bottles of wine & a new dining area for our Chef's Dinners. Dining spaces in the cellar are semi-private brick arched spaces with individual chandeliers. A must see!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Noto's Old World Italian Dining - Best Restaurants in Grand Rapids ›
Noto's Old World Italian Dining reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (30)notable wine list (27)romantic (23)good for groups (15)fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (5)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- StaceDined on 11/19/2014We have been there several times , this time for our Anniversary. They are accomodating and allowed us to 'create our own meal'. As long as they have the ingredients, they can make it. One of the owners came by to see how everything was and even put together a nice dessert plate for us. After we were finished eating, we were given a tour of the entire place. If you are ever in the market for a restaurant for any special occasion, this is definitely worth a look!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014The service was very good. We ordered the soup, which was basically a bowl of chicken noodle soup...a little disappointed in that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice local diningMattDined on 10/28/2014Great restaurant for different options from the usual Italian, with a nice atmosphere. Also fantastic venue for weddings and big events.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner at Noto'sLoveGillysDined on 10/17/2014We truly enjoyed our dining experience at Noto's Itailian Restaruant. The food was excellent and the service was wonderful. We will certainly returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old World Italian FeelingSweenyDined on 10/11/2014Service was a little slow to start, but I think it was because we were there so early and all of the staff had not arrived. Once additional staff arrived, service picked up. Food was plentiful and well prepared. Dessert selection was outstanding - mind you we don't normally order desserts after a meal of these proportions, but really could not resist it this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingly BeautifulFredDined on 10/3/2014Wow, this place was gorgeous! The restaurant was very beautiful and the ambiance was very nice. My wife loved her meal choices and would love to go back. I loved the salad but the penne with red sauce was a bit ho hum as was the sausage that I got with it. So, overall good but I was bummed that they did not have tortellini, and the red sauce was nothing to go crazy about.Special Features:
- LauraKayDined on 9/26/2014We were absolutely disappointed with Noto's. We went to hear Martin & Lamm's reunion duet and it was apparent that Noto's could not handle the gathering. The duet was set up in a banquet room and the acoustics were horrible. We were seated right behind a big black speaker that blocked our view. There were not enough menus, so four people got to share one menu which was absolutely pathetic! They served food to three people out of a party of four. So, out of etiquette, the three people waited and all got to eat cold food! The service was horrible....glasses were empty, no silverware, the server never asked how the food was......what a shame! An expensive shame.....
- WONDERFUL PLACE!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR NICE DINNER! YOU ARE THE BEST! NATALIYA DEVORESpecial Features:
- wrong under cooked cold food.trixzkittenDined on 9/20/2014Overall it took 80 min to get our meal finished and all we ordered was salad and pasta. Salads were wilted and warm. Recieved wrong style of pasta and it was undercooked but dry as if it was left under the heat lamps to long. The chicken with the pasta was tough and cold. I asked about how long it would take it i sent it back, the waiter told me 20-25min, by then my fiance would surely be finished with his. Total cost 95 bucks wasted. I was told to have high expectations.. i've decided i prefer olive garder. Better quality more bang for your buck. Attentive and so on. So good luck!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Food was delicious. Waiter was wonderful. Went out of his way to help us figure out how to use our coupon with our phone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatronNaTeDined on 9/13/2014Noto's is my favorite place to dine in greater Grand Rapids area. The ambience is wonderful and the dishes are superb. The wait staff is very attentive without being overwhelming. Questions regarding the contents or preparation of any dish are promptly referred to the chef and the wait person relays that information. There is such a wide variety of dishes to choose from, that everyone's palate should be accommodated and satisfied. If you have not tried Noto's, you are missing a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Noto's on 9/13/14OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Everything about our dining experience was excellent except our waiter, James. It took 20 minutes from the time we were seated for him to arrive at our table (and the dining room was about 15% full). He arrived only after we asked the host to find our waiter, and when he did get there, he had an attitude. Cocktails and appetizers were served with just a hint of arrogance. There was considerable delay (another 20 minutes) after cocktails and before our dinner arrived. Food was excellent, ambiance was outstanding...service poor.Special Features:
- Nice First VisitlakeshorefoodieDined on 9/3/2014Our visit to Noto's was prompted by an Amazon Local coupon, and the $30 for $60 made our meal a great value. Our food (rib-eye steak and halibut) was excellent, and our server was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian cuisineharrygDined on 8/21/2014Very nice atmosphere , excellent food and an outstanding wine list .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening.NavybikermomDined on 8/18/2014Tony Noto met us at the door and offered a tour of the wine cellar. The wine I wanted was out of stock but they offered a comparable type, so I was happy with that. Next time we'll try the prix fixe in the wine cellar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining.bubbsterVIPDined on 8/9/2014Very good food was served, the wine list is enormous, service is very good too. Comfortable, family owned restaurant is enjoyable and they often have live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 330 reviews are from the Noto's Old World Italian Dining reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Ordered a medium rare fillet and it came out raw with a seared bit on the outside. Then they microwaved it. Would definitely not suggest this restaurant. Overpriced and the food at Applebee's is better. Which is saying that it was pretty awful. It's decor looks like something from the 70's.
- KevinKevinDined on 7/2/2014Delightful dinner and the restaurant was private enough to have a great conversation!Special Features:
- Entertaining EveningitaliansfinestDined on 6/26/2014Thanks for the great evening. I was entertaining some clients from Chicago and they did nothing but rave about the food, service and ambiance of this fantastic little gem in eastern Grand Rapids. Can't wait to get back and take my wife to this local find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Passion for Italian FoodPnCKevinVIPDined on 6/12/2014Noto's is the finest Italian food in West Michigan. The family has a great passion for cuisine and for service. The wine list is more of an encyclopedia than a list, and they have terrific expertise in pairing wine with delicious entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant was filthyEnjoy2dineDined on 6/7/2014My wife and I went to Noto's for our Wedding Anniversary and we were very disappointed. The white table cloth on the table was dirty. The white napkin at my seat looked like it was used. The silverware looked like it was purchased at a Dollar Store. When the server brought out our bread she had 2 plates with her and the bottom one had food crumbs all over it. The bread tasted like it was warmed up in the microwave. We ordered the Calamari and it tasted very gummy. The rest of the meal was good. We spent over $100.00 in the restaurant and I thought we would have been able to get a much better experience. I was surprised to see the restaurant was so empty but after going here for the first time, I now see why.Special Features:
- Nice find in Grand RapidsKielDined on 5/17/2014This a nice place, nicely decorated and comfortable. Menu choice was good and food was excellent. Service was a little slow as it is also a banquet place and they seemed a bit understaffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!1CharliesfanDined on 5/17/2014The food was fantastic and the service was outstanding!Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServicecatfaceDined on 5/5/2014The food at Noto's is AMAZING. Fine-dining quality, blended perfectly with home-cooked taste. Their wine list is extensive, and they also have a fine selection of scotch. They seem to make most of their money as a wedding venue, and the restaurant itself is usually *surprisingly* empty. Don't let this fool you, though - the food and service are wonderful. I recommend this as a nice place to go on a romantic date. It's expensive, though. Bring money.Special Features:
- Fabulous DinnerLuv2dineoutDined on 5/5/2014We went to Noto's to celebrate or 29th wedding anniversary and we were not disappointed. The food was fabulous. We were undecided between two different bottles of wine. JoAnne Noto was extremely helpful in explaining the differences between the two, even down to the different Regions of Italy they came from. She also had wonderful recommendations for dinner as a paring for each. We will be back!!!Special Features:
- Elegant but not pretentiousTanisAtTheTableDined on 5/3/2014This was a wonderful dining experience. I had my 13 year old nephew at the table and he was treated well. A good fine dining experience. I asked him on the way home how he would describe the experience and he said "elegant!" His parents and foodie uncle (me) agreed!Special Features:
- Needs updating -outstanding servicekdamghaniDined on 5/2/2014Restaurant was good. Food was good, not great - needed a bit more pizazz. The service was outstanding and the owner coming to the table was a great and personal touch. The ambiance in the building is fantastic but in the main dining room, it needs to be updated. The wine list is 140 pages of unbelievable Italian wines! The cellar is truly a sight to see.Special Features:
- Classy but over pricedgrandvillefoodieDined on 4/19/2014Food was good. Restaurant was Classy. But you will end up dropping a lot of money for something that you can get at carabbas.Special Features:
- Great old style ItalianCafeyVino22VIPDined on 4/12/2014This was an amazing experience not only is the service great the wine and food are amazing! They have one of the best wine list I have ever seen. So many Barolo's! Can't wait to go back for a visit. The owners walked to our table and talked with us like family it felt like being back in Italy. We will be back.Special Features:
- Fantastic dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/7/2014My husband and I were wanting a romantic place that had really good food, so we decided to try Noto's. I simply had no idea just how warm & romantic the environment would be or just how wonderful the food was. It was an incredible dining experience all the way around, and we will definitely be going back for our Anniversary!!!Special Features:
- Best Food!Di9SigDined on 3/26/2014I purchased a Groupon for $50, which resulted in $100 worth of food. The food was excellent. Our table was right by the kitchen with a lot of traffic of the serving staff. Many tables were available, wondered if because it was a Groupon, that's why we were seated by the kitchen. While speaking to our table of four, the waiter challenged me on the correct usage of a term. We had a great time. Opentable was the best reservation website I've ever used. Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Time still a CharmWormVIPDined on 3/13/2014Whenever we visit Grand Rapids Noto is on our must do list. Good food, excellent wine selection and the waiter was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a great find. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/5/2014This was a great find. The food, ambience and service was outstanding. As we left we were offered a tour of their wine cellar and their banquet facilities by one of the owners. His enthusiasm and friendliness will bring us back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you!LoveitDined on 2/19/2014Great food and wonderful service! Tony, thank you for the private tour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Motown in GRMotownDined on 2/15/2014Recently purchased a home in the area, had some friends visit over the weekend. We were looking for a place to take them for dinner and found Noto's. We had a GREAT time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was terrific. VeryHungrynomoreDined on 2/14/2014Everything was terrific. Very cordial and accomodating staff, great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice valentine nightRockyDined on 2/14/2014Noto's is one of the loveliest restaurants in the area. It definitely makes a great 1st impression. We went on Valentine's night & the ambience is perfect for that. The rooms were filled with almost nothing but couples. In short: The service was excellent. The wine list great. My wife's Caesar salad was as bland as Wonder bread. Thankfully, she was able to exchange it for a very good spinach salad. We are vegetarians who occasionally eat fish. Do note that the menu is limited is rather limited in either. She ordered the mussels & I had risotto with crab/shrimp. The sauce for the mussels was out of this world. I would pour it over anything & enjoy it. I kept sopping it up with bread. My dish was probably a 3.5 out of 5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced with strange odorMemberVIPDined on 2/13/2014The menu has variety, but $10 for wilted lettuce is hard to stomach (literally). Eggplant parmesan was doused with tomato sauce to hide the lack of flavor. The lamb was beautifully presented and the duck ravioli was unusual but very oily. The waitress did not listen, and messed up our salad order as well as the wine. The waitress two tables over was so loud, half the restaurant could hear her. Made the ambiance less than pleasant. The owner's son was aimlessly stopping at tables, but ours he just looked at and continued to the next table. The atmosphere the night before Valentine's Day was like a morgue. No one in the bar and the lobby had the strangest odor emanating. We noticed immediately upon arrival.
- almost great4friendsDined on 1/31/2014We enjoyed a very nice evening at Noto's. Our waiter, William, was very good. Appetizers, soups, pasta and desserts all met or surpassed our expectations. Our entrees were seasoned and prepared well, but were cold or lukewarm by the time they made it to our table. One of us received a steak ordered medium that was still red and cold inside. For the price, we were a little disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I were visitingNotPleasedDined on 1/25/2014My husband and I were visiting Grand Rapids for our anniversary. We had booked a reservation at Noto's for dinner time. I wanted to surprise my husband, since Italian is his very type of food and I saw there was a jazz band playing there. I had looked up the best places to eat in the area, and decided upon Noto's. However, it didn't work out. The restaurant called us Saturday afternoon to let us know they were not going to be open due to a pipe leak. Needless to say, we were very disappointed. We aren't from around the area and was really looking forward to dining at your restaurant. We made reservations so we could plan ahead. It definitely put a damper on our evening and ruined our plans.