Not Your Average Joe's Woodbridge
15101 Potomac Town Place
Woodbridge, VA 21919Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Woodbridge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.notyouraveragejoes.com/
- Phone: 5719895637
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Woodbridge
Why would a restaurant born and raised in Massachusetts open a location in Woodbridge, Virginia? Doesn’t seem like a path the average restaurant would be expected to take. But then, we’re not the average restaurant — something you might have guessed from our name. Now to answer the question. We chose Woodbridge because it’s a thriving community in a beautiful part of the country. Leesburg and Gaithersburg — the other two communities we’ve settled into outside of our native Massachusetts — both welcomed us warmly, so we think we’ll be at home in Woodbridge too. there are five breweries, three wineries and numerous farmer’s markets within a 20-mile radius of our soon-to-be home in Stonebridge at Potomac Town Center. That means we’ll have plenty to satisfy our preference for locally sourced ingredients. Our chef takes a creative approach to made-from-scratch food, where everything is prepared to order (aka, your way), where service is over the top and prices are not. That’s us.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Not Your Average Joe's Woodbridge - Best Restaurants in Woodbridge ›
Not Your Average Joe's Woodbridge reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (63)neighborhood gem (57)good for groups (53)fit for foodies (52)great for lunch (50)special occasion (37)kid-friendly (34)hot spot (25)notable wine list (17)vibrant bar scene (16)great for brunch (12)romantic (12)late-night find (10)scenic view (2)Show More
- Not Even Average Joe'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Went to this place with a group of friends after reading several reviews that were positive. I am not sure if our experience was isolated, but it was definitely not on par with the level of service and food quality the reviews would lead one to expect. Maybe those reviews were planted by employees? Service was terrible (average 15-20 minute wait for server/food items) but it was not crowded at all, so there really was no excuse. The food was just so-so for all of the diners in my party, and they were out of all of the beers we wanted to try that were on the specials menu. Another miss. Really, the only highlight was the dip they serve with the bread. Maybe I just went on an off night, but my suggestion is to dine at your own risk.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014I enjoyed the food and the kitchen was very understanding when I wanted to change my entree a little. The only complaint I have was the service was not smooth, our salads came before our appetizer and then our entree came out less than five minutes later. We were told they were having issues with the computer system but that shouldn't make our server take 15 to 20 minutes every visit to the table. Food was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependably Goodhov1freeDined on 9/13/2014We have eaten at NYAJ's since shortly after they opened, and they just get better and better. It has become the place that we like to invite our friends to join us for either lunch or dinner. The food is consistently excellent, and they make a real effort to provide for your comfort. Their menu is an innovative take on food that we have always enjoyed, adding an extra kick of pleasure when we eat there. We always get rave reviews when we meet our friends at NYAJ so it will remain a favorite for our family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Found it On The Fly!LoveGr8FoodDined on 9/12/2014Traveling up I-95, we needed to find a place to eat...I searched for a unique, modestly priced restaurant in the DC area and "voila!" up popped this one! Guesstimated arrival time & made reservation on line. Easy access to the highway, great food, super service...we will remember this and be back! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentTallDinerDined on 9/7/2014I've eaten at NYAJs several times and have always been very satisfied. This evening my wife and I shared a pitcher of peach sangria which was really nice. The meal, as always, was prepared perfectly. I had the founder over polenta and my wife had a pasta special. Our waitress was attentive and came around just enough times to see that everything was in order. Overall a terrific dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014Delicious food. Especially the Peanut Butter thing for dessert.Special Features:
- DisappointedJenn25Dined on 9/1/2014Monday, my coworker and I dined at NYA in Woodbridge. The food was average and the service was lackluster. To top it off, there was a woman breast feeding her child in the restaurant and she did not cover up. We saw several waiters and staff pass by the woman and didn't say a word. I will never dine at this establishment again. There are too many other restaurants to patronize at Stonebridge.
- Party of 4 ... went well for 3OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014Kitchen got 3 out of 4 orders correctly. I ordered fish and chips but a tuna entrée arrived. No explanation what happened. Not a word from the manager or from our server. Took another 15 minutes for my over salted fish and chips. I was famished from all that waiting so I just shoved it down the hatch. They comp'd my meal but I wasn't too thrilled with this visit. Will skip this place for a while.
- Very good dinnerDiningInVADined on 8/30/2014We always enjoy the food at NYAJs. The service is reliable and the restaurant is family friendly.Special Features:
- Another great dinnerManassasDinerDined on 8/29/2014My girlfriend and I went there for dinner and everything, as usual, was amazing. The wine was chilled to perfection, the waitstaff was prompt and courteous, and the food was delicious. We could not have asked for a better dining experience.Special Features:
- Nice date night venueJules1967Dined on 8/27/2014Our waitress was friendly and attentive. The outdoor patio is large and nice. They have a very nice gluten free menu compared to other places in the area. They even provide gluten free bread and separate dipping sauce. No other place around her thinks to do that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our FavoriteGrammyJaneDined on 8/23/2014I wish I could eat there everyday. Alas, I have to control my food intake and this food is so tempting that's difficult. Beautifully presented, fragrant, nutritious with local fresh ingredients, this is a special dining experience for young and old alike. Our grandsons love it. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly and the service is attentive. Sadly our server on this occasion was obviously new and a disappointment. But that won't keep us from going back. The table bread is foccacia with garlic herbed olive oil dip. Desserts delicious and generous enough to share if you want. Salads have delightful combinations of flavors, the brick oven pizzas are yummy and the main dishes are fresh and delicious. Varied menu. Just go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!DancingBearDined on 8/23/2014Great for those looking for fresh made, healthy and gluten free. Outstanding friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!suerDined on 8/23/2014My Mona Lisa chicken salad was GREAT! Thank you! Some friends opted for the flank steak & both said that it could have used some seasoning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good birthday dinnerHappyGirlDined on 8/22/2014We eat here often but something was off in the kitchen. Food took forever, chicken was dry, meatloaf was terrible. Unusual for NYAJ. Very disappointed. Wait staff is good, manager tried to make things right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely Above AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014We liked that the menu items were different from many moderate-priced restaurants, but not so odd that we weren't sure we wanted to try a dish. My husband had the jumbalaya and really enjoyed it. I had the cod and crab cake in broth. It was very good. The broth-line was just below the top of the crispy cod! I also asked for Isreali cous-cous. Even though my dish didn't come with the cous-cous, they gladly added it - both on the side and in the broth. Their bread and parmasean-in-oil drip is as wonderful as everyone says - as is the service. Our server was knowledgeable and went the extra mile without checking every little thing. All in all - we are definitely adding "Not Your Average Joe's" to our list of regular restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow Serviceluv2eatoutDined on 8/15/2014We have been to this restaurant several times. This time we went with another couple who had been to NYAJs several times too. This was our second visit on a Saturday night at prime time, 7PM. We had Open Table reservations both times and were seated promptly at the scheduled time, both visits outdoors. Both Saturday nights were very busy and there was a wait if you did not have reservations. Our first visit was perfect including the service. Not sure if the staff was just having a bad night but the service during this visit was poor, very slow, drinks and food. Just seemed that some of the staff could not get their act together. The food was excellent and the location is perfect in Stonebridge. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobbyDined on 8/15/2014Have been to this restaurant many times, had been our "go to" when a impromptu dinner with friends. The Last time I was here the service was poor, but I figured a fluke. This time was no different. I had to ask the person serving the entre to please get me my coctail. That was almost 60 minutes after seating. The others had their drinks. The food was at best mediocre. I ordered the seafood stew. Overcooked small amount of seafood in a little sauce, on top of lots of noodles. . .not a stew. Not the place it used to be. . .when the bill came, the waiter had the nerve to tell me I had 3 drinks when in reality the other couples drink was on our tab. . . Poor!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We've been here several times for lunch or dinner. The first visit was at Easter for dinner. We had a wonderful meal. Second time was meeting some family members there....again a great meal. The third time was taking our daughters there for lunch. Again great food. The atmosphere is appealing. The food always is very fresh and unique. We've been told meals were adaptable. My daughter happened to need a change to her meal due to medical issues but was told they couldn't adapt the meal she chose (I believe it was Mainicotti or cannelloni). She was able to choose another meal that worked for her. Service was usually top notch. The last visit our server seemed to forget about us and we spent a lot more time there than planned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2014Everything was good! Food was good lots to choose from.Special Features:
- Friendly and GoodlovetodineDined on 8/11/2014We went here on the occasion of our 35th anniversary and had a wonderful time. The staff quickly found out about our anniversary and within 5 minutes we had a card delivered congratulating us, signed by all the staff. The service and food matched this attention to detail and level of excellence. Great spot.Special Features:
- Good timesusanismVIPDined on 8/2/2014Had wedge salad with grilled salmon.. My husband had special and loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OllieOllieDined on 8/2/2014Great menu---lots of choices. Fresh produce from local farms. Entrees perfectly prepared. Timely, friendly, and efficient service. A great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Overall, we thought the food was very good, although maybe slightly pricey for some items. Our server, Angelie, was fantastic. One person in our party has a gluten allergy, so she was thrilled to have so many options and also that you serve gluten free bread! I tasted it and agreed it was delicious. We had to add 2 people to our party at the last minute and the staff was very accommodating. We had a great time, thanks so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatNebraskartDined on 8/2/2014I've never eaten the same thing twice, and I've never had a bad meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious! Great service!GodivaDined on 8/1/2014We were a group of for celebrating my birthday. We each had a specialty mixed drink, all were good. Great appetizers and main dishes, love the foods because they make flavor combinations that you wouldn't think of and make them great together. Waitress was very attentive, friendly. Had the "peanut butter thing" as a shared dessert, it was wonderful!!Special Features:
- Plan to stay awhilenotafoodcriticDined on 8/1/2014Food delish and plentiful, a bit noisy at 6 pm, very busy a few more waiters might have helped the with the time it took to get requests such as additional napkins, more bread and the bill. All in all, I'd go again. $200 for a table of 7 is a good deal in northern VaSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable dinnerDiningInVADined on 7/26/2014Had a very nice dinner with the whole family. Had a good waitress and the food was brought out promptly.Special Features:
- What a PlaceFood4lifeDined on 7/24/2014Have always had a great experience at NYAJ's in Woodbridge. The wait staff are excellent, attentive and personable. Food can be modified for dietary reasons and there is no issue with that by the restaurant - refreshing! So enjoy this place and glad it is part of the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Good food.great place casual dinnersusanismVIPDined on 7/20/2014Love coming here. Seasonal menu always interesting.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/20143 meals service was a little slow pizza was a little runny and peanut butter thing didn't taste peanutty and it was grittySpecial Features:
- Food QualityReviewedDined on 7/19/2014I had the chicken enchiladas. It looked good and tasted good, but I was surprised that no salsa or taco/enchilada sauce was included or even available on request. The server did the best he could and offer me Heinz zesty chicken sauce and tabasco. I was disappointed! I suggest that if you're going to offer a menu item, that it's as good or better than what's available at the restaurant next door. I will go to Uncle Julio's for enchilada's next time. My wife didn't want Mexican food and had the Salmon. This is why we didn't go to Uncle Julio's to begin with. She enjoyed her meal.
- Excellent as alwayslaudanVIPDined on 7/18/2014We always enjoy great food and good beer and wine choices. Service is always very good. This is our go to place at least once a week.Special Features:
- Great find!HokieDined on 7/13/2014We had a superb dinner Sunday evening, with enough time to socialize, and timely service. We'll be back!Special Features:
- tasty gluten freeCeliac10Dined on 7/13/2014Thank you for the tasty and wonderful GF options, not to mention a dipping bread instead of being told " sorry the bread is not for you." Wait staff was friendly and professional. My non GF counterparts noted no difference in taste on the GF Quesadilla appetizer. Will definately return to try other GF Menu options.Special Features:
- Love this place!TabeccaDined on 7/12/2014NYAJ is our favorite place for all occasions! We go on a regular basis and recommend it to all of our friends! The food is great and service is normally wonderful! We are Especially happy that they take reservations and Open Table is super easy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DowntownGalVIPDined on 7/12/2014Not Your Average Joe's consistently offers an exceptional dining experience - we are regulars!Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014This was my first visit to Not Your Average Joe's and everything was amazing...the food, drinks, the atmosphere and the service. Definitely will be going back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DealShamroqueDined on 7/11/2014We made reservations on line for Friday when NYAJ was running an anniversary special- we wanted a table not a booth and the were able to accommodate. The promotion was an entree and dessert/appetizer for 19.94 and it was an incredible amount of food, well prepared and served expertly. Our party of 4 had 3 appetizers, and shared a special chocolate dessert. We took almost half home and had another meal. One note- the Not Your Average Lemonade cocktail was wonderful- not too sweet, not to tart and went down soooooooo nice.Special Features:
- We cannot wait to return!!GrandCanyonDined on 7/5/2014The food was amazing and the service was great. All their food is made fresh and from scratch daily and the foccacia bread with the dipping oil was out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.