Not Your Average Joe's Woodbridge
15101 Potomac Town Place
Woodbridge, VA 21919Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Woodbridge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.notyouraveragejoes.com/
- Phone: 5719895637
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Woodbridge
Why would a restaurant born and raised in Massachusetts open a location in Woodbridge, Virginia? Doesn’t seem like a path the average restaurant would be expected to take. But then, we’re not the average restaurant — something you might have guessed from our name. Now to answer the question. We chose Woodbridge because it’s a thriving community in a beautiful part of the country. Leesburg and Gaithersburg — the other two communities we’ve settled into outside of our native Massachusetts — both welcomed us warmly, so we think we’ll be at home in Woodbridge too. there are five breweries, three wineries and numerous farmer’s markets within a 20-mile radius of our soon-to-be home in Stonebridge at Potomac Town Center. That means we’ll have plenty to satisfy our preference for locally sourced ingredients. Our chef takes a creative approach to made-from-scratch food, where everything is prepared to order (aka, your way), where service is over the top and prices are not. That’s us.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Not Your Average Joe's Woodbridge - Best Restaurants in Woodbridge ›
Not Your Average Joe's Woodbridge reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (72)good for groups (67)neighborhood gem (64)great for lunch (64)fit for foodies (53)special occasion (50)kid-friendly (46)hot spot (31)vibrant bar scene (20)great for brunch (19)notable wine list (19)romantic (14)late-night find (10)scenic view (1)Show More
- Our FavoriteGrammyJaneDined on 8/23/2014I wish I could eat there everyday. Alas, I have to control my food intake and this food is so tempting that's difficult. Beautifully presented, fragrant, nutritious with local fresh ingredients, this is a special dining experience for young and old alike. Our grandsons love it. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly and the service is attentive. Sadly our server on this occasion was obviously new and a disappointment. But that won't keep us from going back. The table bread is foccacia with garlic herbed olive oil dip. Desserts delicious and generous enough to share if you want. Salads have delightful combinations of flavors, the brick oven pizzas are yummy and the main dishes are fresh and delicious. Varied menu. Just go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!DancingBearDined on 8/23/2014Great for those looking for fresh made, healthy and gluten free. Outstanding friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!suerDined on 8/23/2014My Mona Lisa chicken salad was GREAT! Thank you! Some friends opted for the flank steak & both said that it could have used some seasoning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good birthday dinnerHappyGirlDined on 8/22/2014We eat here often but something was off in the kitchen. Food took forever, chicken was dry, meatloaf was terrible. Unusual for NYAJ. Very disappointed. Wait staff is good, manager tried to make things right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely Above AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014We liked that the menu items were different from many moderate-priced restaurants, but not so odd that we weren't sure we wanted to try a dish. My husband had the jumbalaya and really enjoyed it. I had the cod and crab cake in broth. It was very good. The broth-line was just below the top of the crispy cod! I also asked for Isreali cous-cous. Even though my dish didn't come with the cous-cous, they gladly added it - both on the side and in the broth. Their bread and parmasean-in-oil drip is as wonderful as everyone says - as is the service. Our server was knowledgeable and went the extra mile without checking every little thing. All in all - we are definitely adding "Not Your Average Joe's" to our list of regular restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow Serviceluv2eatoutDined on 8/15/2014We have been to this restaurant several times. This time we went with another couple who had been to NYAJs several times too. This was our second visit on a Saturday night at prime time, 7PM. We had Open Table reservations both times and were seated promptly at the scheduled time, both visits outdoors. Both Saturday nights were very busy and there was a wait if you did not have reservations. Our first visit was perfect including the service. Not sure if the staff was just having a bad night but the service during this visit was poor, very slow, drinks and food. Just seemed that some of the staff could not get their act together. The food was excellent and the location is perfect in Stonebridge. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobbyDined on 8/15/2014Have been to this restaurant many times, had been our "go to" when a impromptu dinner with friends. The Last time I was here the service was poor, but I figured a fluke. This time was no different. I had to ask the person serving the entre to please get me my coctail. That was almost 60 minutes after seating. The others had their drinks. The food was at best mediocre. I ordered the seafood stew. Overcooked small amount of seafood in a little sauce, on top of lots of noodles. . .not a stew. Not the place it used to be. . .when the bill came, the waiter had the nerve to tell me I had 3 drinks when in reality the other couples drink was on our tab. . . Poor!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We've been here several times for lunch or dinner. The first visit was at Easter for dinner. We had a wonderful meal. Second time was meeting some family members there....again a great meal. The third time was taking our daughters there for lunch. Again great food. The atmosphere is appealing. The food always is very fresh and unique. We've been told meals were adaptable. My daughter happened to need a change to her meal due to medical issues but was told they couldn't adapt the meal she chose (I believe it was Mainicotti or cannelloni). She was able to choose another meal that worked for her. Service was usually top notch. The last visit our server seemed to forget about us and we spent a lot more time there than planned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2014Everything was good! Food was good lots to choose from.Special Features:
- Friendly and GoodlovetodineDined on 8/11/2014We went here on the occasion of our 35th anniversary and had a wonderful time. The staff quickly found out about our anniversary and within 5 minutes we had a card delivered congratulating us, signed by all the staff. The service and food matched this attention to detail and level of excellence. Great spot.Special Features:
- Good timesusanismVIPDined on 8/2/2014Had wedge salad with grilled salmon.. My husband had special and loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OllieOllieDined on 8/2/2014Great menu---lots of choices. Fresh produce from local farms. Entrees perfectly prepared. Timely, friendly, and efficient service. A great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Overall, we thought the food was very good, although maybe slightly pricey for some items. Our server, Angelie, was fantastic. One person in our party has a gluten allergy, so she was thrilled to have so many options and also that you serve gluten free bread! I tasted it and agreed it was delicious. We had to add 2 people to our party at the last minute and the staff was very accommodating. We had a great time, thanks so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatNebraskartDined on 8/2/2014I've never eaten the same thing twice, and I've never had a bad meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious! Great service!GodivaDined on 8/1/2014We were a group of for celebrating my birthday. We each had a specialty mixed drink, all were good. Great appetizers and main dishes, love the foods because they make flavor combinations that you wouldn't think of and make them great together. Waitress was very attentive, friendly. Had the "peanut butter thing" as a shared dessert, it was wonderful!!Special Features:
- Plan to stay awhilenotafoodcriticDined on 8/1/2014Food delish and plentiful, a bit noisy at 6 pm, very busy a few more waiters might have helped the with the time it took to get requests such as additional napkins, more bread and the bill. All in all, I'd go again. $200 for a table of 7 is a good deal in northern VaSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable dinnerDiningInVADined on 7/26/2014Had a very nice dinner with the whole family. Had a good waitress and the food was brought out promptly.Special Features:
- What a PlaceFood4lifeDined on 7/24/2014Have always had a great experience at NYAJ's in Woodbridge. The wait staff are excellent, attentive and personable. Food can be modified for dietary reasons and there is no issue with that by the restaurant - refreshing! So enjoy this place and glad it is part of the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Good food.great place casual dinnersusanismVIPDined on 7/20/2014Love coming here. Seasonal menu always interesting.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/20143 meals service was a little slow pizza was a little runny and peanut butter thing didn't taste peanutty and it was grittySpecial Features:
- Food QualityReviewedDined on 7/19/2014I had the chicken enchiladas. It looked good and tasted good, but I was surprised that no salsa or taco/enchilada sauce was included or even available on request. The server did the best he could and offer me Heinz zesty chicken sauce and tabasco. I was disappointed! I suggest that if you're going to offer a menu item, that it's as good or better than what's available at the restaurant next door. I will go to Uncle Julio's for enchilada's next time. My wife didn't want Mexican food and had the Salmon. This is why we didn't go to Uncle Julio's to begin with. She enjoyed her meal.
- Excellent as alwayslaudanVIPDined on 7/18/2014We always enjoy great food and good beer and wine choices. Service is always very good. This is our go to place at least once a week.Special Features:
- Great find!HokieDined on 7/13/2014We had a superb dinner Sunday evening, with enough time to socialize, and timely service. We'll be back!Special Features:
- tasty gluten freeCeliac10Dined on 7/13/2014Thank you for the tasty and wonderful GF options, not to mention a dipping bread instead of being told " sorry the bread is not for you." Wait staff was friendly and professional. My non GF counterparts noted no difference in taste on the GF Quesadilla appetizer. Will definately return to try other GF Menu options.Special Features:
- Love this place!TabeccaDined on 7/12/2014NYAJ is our favorite place for all occasions! We go on a regular basis and recommend it to all of our friends! The food is great and service is normally wonderful! We are Especially happy that they take reservations and Open Table is super easy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/12/2014Not Your Average Joe's consistently offers an exceptional dining experience - we are regulars!Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014This was my first visit to Not Your Average Joe's and everything was amazing...the food, drinks, the atmosphere and the service. Definitely will be going back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DealShamroqueDined on 7/11/2014We made reservations on line for Friday when NYAJ was running an anniversary special- we wanted a table not a booth and the were able to accommodate. The promotion was an entree and dessert/appetizer for 19.94 and it was an incredible amount of food, well prepared and served expertly. Our party of 4 had 3 appetizers, and shared a special chocolate dessert. We took almost half home and had another meal. One note- the Not Your Average Lemonade cocktail was wonderful- not too sweet, not to tart and went down soooooooo nice.Special Features:
- We cannot wait to return!!GrandCanyonDined on 7/5/2014The food was amazing and the service was great. All their food is made fresh and from scratch daily and the foccacia bread with the dipping oil was out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cbeatsDined on 7/2/2014Been to Not Your Average Joes several times and always have great food and wonderful service. Desserts are large plenty to share with 2 or more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was worth the trip.ReallyDined on 6/28/2014Very crowded and noisy (good for some, others not so much). Food did not disappoint. Will return someday very early and hope to have dinner before the noise builds.Special Features:
- Second Timeluv2eatoutDined on 6/28/2014This was our second time at this restaurant in the past 2 months. Both times we went with the same friends. First time, mid week, for lunch, and this time for dinner. Both experiences will mean we will be back another time. This time we went on a Saturday night at 7:15. Expected it to be overly crowded and we would be rushed. Was moderately crowded and we were not rushed, ate outside (perfect night), the service was excellent and the food the same. Menu is varied, there is something for everyone. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- kjones1234Dined on 6/28/2014Food was great and our server was awesome! We will def go back to this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood FIndDocDDined on 6/27/2014I walked past this restaurant many times, never intending to try it (just because the name -- never heard of it before). Anyway, gave it a try on a late, weekend dinner whim -- mainly because of the on-line reviews it received. What a surprise -- food was really delicious. While I was thinking "comfort foods," presentation was really "foodie" quality -- at a not so fancy a price! Highly recommend steak frites, meatloaf, and fish & chips dinner...while they may sound like comfort food restaurant names, they were served with "foodie" style with big-time tastes/flavors! The coconut shrimp and crispy dumplings appetizers were equally fantastic & flavorful. This restaurant will remain on our list -- and will definitely return...many times!Special Features:
- yumchaVIPDined on 6/27/2014skirt meat steak was good but pasta was so over cooked. expensive for quality and portion.Special Features:
- Food Great, once it got to table.BHdinningoutDined on 6/26/2014The food and service were excellent. However the ticket time to get our meal was rather long.Special Features:
- Not Your Average Joes dinner reviewNYAJawesomeDined on 6/26/2014Great food and service. The side salad served had some of the freshest and flavorful veggies I have ever eaten. The Rosemary Scallop dish was very flavorful. Scallops were tender and delicious. Good beer list. The complementary olive oil and cheese served with the bread was delicious. The only qualm I had is the Dumpling appetizer. While the dumplings themselves were good, they were soaked too long in the soy sauce which overwhelmed the other flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and FoodilovefoodandwineDined on 6/25/2014This is my third time visiting this location. The food and service are always great!!!! I would and I do recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 Old Chums and their Best FriendsHappy2DineDined on 6/23/2014It was the first time here for four of the group and your chef did not disappoint. All food arrived at the right temp and was presented well. The late afternoon rays of the sun made for a request of the wait staff to lower a blind. The AC made for comfortable dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went the Extra MileEatOutGalDined on 6/20/2014They went out of their way to accommodate our party of 9 on a Friday night even though we were told 6 was the limit between 5pm - 8 pm. The reservation was for 6 at 6 but they said we could call back later and be"wait listed" for 9, which we did. They called back and asked us if we wanted indoors or out, letting us know we would be facing the sun outdoors. We took indoors. The tables were set up when we arrived at 6pm. No two orders were the same. Everything was very good as was the friendly service. Even though it was busy, we didn't feel rushed. It was very noisy but we could hear our own conversations. The really large portions are easily divided to take some home, which most of us did. We ranged in age from 15 to 81.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.