Not Your Average Joe's Westborough
291 Turnpike Road
Westborough, MA 01581Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Westborough
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.notyouraveragejoes.com/
- Phone: 5089862350x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Robert Saunders
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We have two flat screen televisions in the bar area. Our bar sits up to 20 guests and also has high top tables and booths surrounding it for guests to dine if they are not looking to sit at the bar.
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Westborough
What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We’re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We’re casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We’re all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Not Your Average Joe's Westborough - Best Restaurants in Westborough ›
Not Your Average Joe's Westborough reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (73)kid-friendly (67)good for groups (62)fit for foodies (57)special occasion (50)neighborhood gem (49)great for outdoor dining (41)vibrant bar scene (26)hot spot (21)notable wine list (12)late-night find (7)great for brunch (7)romantic (6)Show More
- great night at Average Joe'sjoeyDined on 8/26/2014A warm and inviting athmosphere. Great service. They are very attentive to your needs.The blasalmic Salmon was outstanding. Great salads and deserts. they make their own bread and pasta. It is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014I like the menu selection. They offer an eclectic variety and it does not cost an arm and a leg. We went on a Sunday and they offer "Sangria Sunday" which I thought was a nice touch and they had a nice variety to choose fromSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenience and excellencetbankie61Dined on 8/23/2014It was very convenient to get there. Food was excellent and reasonable as usual. It's always a great time at a Not your average Joe'sSpecial Features:
- Great Birthday DinnerExpatEVIPDined on 8/19/2014We have visited many times, and this time were having a birthday dinner. We were treated well from beginning to end, and each of our dishes was well prepared and very tasty. The nachos in particular stood out (not your typical messy plate of soft mush, it was well presented with crisp tortillas) and my cod / crab cake combo with saffron aioli was superb. We will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love itSwiftecITVIPDined on 8/19/2014always love the freshness, taste and quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebraDined on 8/18/2014Our waitress was excellent, very attentive & friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sizzle1Dined on 8/16/2014We had a great server she was there when we needed her , but not intrusive and hovering over us, such a pleasure !!Special Features:
- Family of 5EatoutoftenDined on 8/15/2014We would definitely recommend Not Your Average Joes and look forward to dining there again soon. They were very gluten free friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating. Important for the celiac diners in our family. The staff was friendly and the service was great. The food was delicious and just as ordered!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free MenuEJKLDined on 8/15/2014Not Your Average Joe's has the best menu I've seen for customers with gluten intolerance or allergy. The waiting staff is always very cordial and helpful.Special Features:
- exceptionalBethDined on 8/14/2014My Birthday Gift, My friend and I both had scallops on rosemary skewers. It was absolutely excellent. Taste, presentation, everything was perfect. We both loved it. The dessert was chocolate molten cake so sooo good Will go back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The big ChillExcellenceDined on 8/9/2014The restaurant is well managed and service is excellent, but the air conditions will freeze you out, too much - hire an HVAC companySpecial Features:
- My favorite local spot by far.2youngatheartDined on 8/9/2014Always enjoy this fun spot. Food and drinks are consistent and of great quality, love the monthly sangria specials. Staff is spot on and attentive.Special Features:
- Could have been betterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014This was our second visit and it wasn't as good as our first. The first time wasn't as busy so I'm assuming the food loses some quality when it's busy. Food wasn't hot enough and it was pretty loud. We'll go back but not on a busy night.Special Features:
- Just…great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Not Your Average Joe's is definitely on the top of our restaurant list. Every time we have come here has been awesome. The food is fantastic - especially the bread and dip as your starter! The wait staff are pretty awesome too - very attentive and kind. We will definitely recommend to our friends and return in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodHappyhappyVIPDined on 8/1/2014Great management team and waitstaff, consistently good food with monthly additions to the regular favorites. Our home away from home :-)Special Features:
- Joe never disappoints!SoleFanDined on 7/30/2014Food and service were outstanding as always. Grandkids loved the kids' menu, especially the mac and cheese. We'll be back soon!Special Features:
- Great Ladies Night Out SpotLizNDined on 7/29/2014Great variety on the menu for food and drinks. Great spot to have a Ladies Night Out. It's priced right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2doWIneVIPDined on 7/27/2014Great meal here with my sister and her husband. Enjoyed an early dinner and the place was not crowded or noisy. Meals were delicious, fresh and the service was attentive. Highly recommend. Consistently good and reliable. Will be returning...Thanks :)I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday DinnerNanceDined on 7/26/2014NYAJ's is a classy restaurant with friendly servers and most excellent food! We always find a good wine too! We live an hour from the closest NYAJ but it's so worth the drive to have such an incredible dinner every time. Thank you for making my Bday a memorable event! I'm still trying to work off that yummy carrot cake! Thank you so much!Special Features:
- HelpfulHelpfulDined on 7/25/2014We have 2 year old twins and the staff was very accommodating. They brought the food out quickly and everything tasted great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheyCameToBostonVIPDined on 7/25/2014We eat here fairly often and this is the first time the service was not up-to-par. The food was terrific as usual, my shrimp with pasta with fried zucchini sticks was delicious. However, the amount of attention was lacking and the wait between order and delivery, then the wait between completion and presentation of the bill was longer than we've become accustomed. It won't stop us from returning but it's notable as it's different than most of our experiences here which is usually fine.Special Features:
- Joe'sAlbertDined on 7/20/2014We have always enjoyed eating here. The wait staff is always very pleasant as are the manager's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentExcellenceDined on 7/19/2014we sat at the bar and although none of the servers wore names tags they all served all the customers in need of something, with a smile. The manager was present and active, the food was hot and prompt. I would only change the lighting at the bar which dangles in front of the TV's which they seem to promote as a sports bar, too many obstacles to see the TV clearly.Special Features:
- Another Great Meal at NYAJKarenDined on 7/13/2014The bread alone makes it worth it. I had my favorite almond crusted goat cheese salad that was as delicious as ever. Our server was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So bad...maryDined on 7/12/2014We go to Joe's often and have never had bad food or service like we had this time. Waitress was awful! Food was cold, rice was hard and the order was wrong. The waitress never came back to ask how the food was. We had to flag down a manager. We had to ask, twice, for the bill and when we finally got it, it was wrong. When we brought it to her attention she argued with us and said she would get a manager. Not sure what was going on but will be taking a break for now:(Special Features:
- Great restaurantAmylachDined on 7/12/2014The bread and dipping oil is delicious and addicting! Pink lemonade drink special is yummy! My husband and I both loved our meals! Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodRaptorWatchersDined on 7/11/2014This is where I had my first date with my wife. We come back every year. Good food. Great company. Fun place. I had the Steak Tips and my wife the Chicken Picata. I had iced tea (fresh and delicious) and she had the mandarin lemonade (wonderful). We shared the Devil's Tower dessert -- yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timejust1moreDined on 7/4/2014Our party of seven had a great time. The wait staff was very friendly helping with suggestions. She knew just when we need things.Special Features:
- great food / new crewSwiftecITVIPDined on 7/3/2014been many times. food always outstanding. service was not good. drink refills took 20 min. food took over an hour. mentioned this to Rashesh and he took care of us. we are happy with results.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerDebbiDined on 7/1/2014I made a reservation so that I could use my birthday coupon from Joe's. We arrived a little early and the hostess was just about to put our 'reserved' sign and menus on our table. We all had a good laugh about that. The food was good, the dessert is always delicious but the highlight of the evening was one of their special summer cocktails which was out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- trying too hardjcf145Dined on 6/29/2014Just want good food and a beer. Most of the menu is a bit pretentious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Very GoodThanksgiving2013VIPDined on 6/29/2014My wife and I have yet to find a meal we did not like. Quality ingredients, wonderful pairings of food and flavor, and very good service. Our rosemary-skewered scallops were excellent. The bread and oil with chili flakes and cheese NYAJ's serves at the beginning of every meal is excellent: better than a lot of Italian restaurants. At lunch (or any time, really), NYAJ's salads are excellent. My wife and I have been there several times and will return.Special Features:
- Family FavoriteToomfamDined on 6/23/2014Food is great and the kids love it. My kids favorite thing us the bread with seasoned dipping oil. We also love with the bottomless homemade flavored lemonade and Arnold Palmer. We have a great experience every time we go. Also, be sure to sign up for the birthday club. Each year I get a free entree of my choice and a free dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightDateNightsDined on 6/20/2014We had a great time having a date night! My food was good, burger cooked just how I like it. The waitress was FABULOUS! She did an awesome job making suggestions throughout our meal. One thing that was not so good was my husband's mustard chicken. He did not like the flavor of the mustard. Also, based on the description in the menu both he and I expected it to look different. Other than that the Molten Lava cake was amazing! Have never had that before and was surprised at how yummy it tasted. Over all it was a good night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty- worth the wait?OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/20/2014I went with two friends- we enjoyed our meals, but waited longer than expected from the ordering time to the delivery of our food. It was a busy Friday night, so I can understand to some degree, but this was a bit on the too long side.
- It was a pleasant experienceNamakiDined on 6/20/2014If it wasn't for the fire alarms going off a few time, we would have had a great time! Having to leave the building during your dinner wasn't ideal.Special Features:
- Great lunch as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Always enjoy a great lunch at NYAJ's in Westborough!Special Features:
- Not a good value this time.OverpricedDined on 6/15/2014I think this is our fourth visit. We have generally enjoyed ourselves and our overall rating I think would be 4 starts. However, my entrée of scollops on rosemary skewers was way overpriced. Considering the $24.00 price, the portion was small. It is a poor value. The preparation was good but not outstanding. So far we like it, but I am going to stick to $15 entrées and be a bit more cautions what I order. This was a $16 and at most an $18 entrée. Also a $15 Dad gift card was advertised but there was no sign of it.
- unusual foodlovefoodDined on 6/15/2014Always has unique food items on the menu. The bread is fantastic. Always a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten free selectionsLooks4GFDined on 6/15/2014I appreciate that if the waitperson is advised of gluten sensitivity, a gluten-free bread and separate olive oil dip is provided for the gluten sensitive person(s) to enjoy instead of watching everyone else eat the fresh bread at the table. Would like to see a few more gluten-free pasta options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.