Not Your Average Joe's Westborough
291 Turnpike Road
Westborough, MA 01581Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Westborough
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.notyouraveragejoes.com/
- Phone: 5089862350x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Robert Saunders
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We have two flat screen televisions in the bar area. Our bar sits up to 20 guests and also has high top tables and booths surrounding it for guests to dine if they are not looking to sit at the bar.
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Westborough
What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We’re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We’re casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We’re all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Not Your Average Joe's Westborough - Best Restaurants in Westborough ›
Not Your Average Joe's Westborough reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (72)good for groups (71)fit for foodies (67)kid-friendly (66)neighborhood gem (64)special occasion (44)great for outdoor dining (36)vibrant bar scene (30)hot spot (26)notable wine list (15)late-night find (10)romantic (7)great for brunch (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014The dining experience was very good the food was surprising excellent for a chain. We have been before but we think the menu and food have improved. Thank you will return.Special Features:
- Nice night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014I've been here several times and it is a fun place because the menu is varied and changes - plus the food is excellent. The service is always very good. I've recommended this for group lunch birthday gatherings from work and have attended those events. The free birthday dinners including dessert definitely help keep Not Your Average Joe's on my radar - since this is not an average offering!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedHappyhappyVIPDined on 10/24/2014Had another great dinner, enjoyed some new menu additions and some "old" favorites. Thanks to Marlo, Michael and Rasheed for the warm welcome!Special Features:
- Good reasons to returnOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/23/2014Excellent spot with carefully crafted that features old favorites with new and different spices and great tastes. There is a chef in this kitchen and he or she knows what to do there. Service is very attentive and everyone is eager to please. Everyone on this staff makes it clear they would like you to come back. The food is a good reason to do so. We will.
- Love the bread and dipOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014I met 3 friends on a Tuesday at 5:30. We had a great visit and did not feel rushed. The ambiance was great.Special Features:
- InconsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/20/2014I had gone to NYAJ on a Thursday night recently will a friend. The food was outstanding so I decided that was where I wanted to go out for my birthday on 10/20/14. I ordered the same exact thing and the chicken was dry and hard to cut. The haddock my son got was very small. I found that the quality of the food that night was not the same at all as my previous visit. The waitress was wonderful!
- Exceptional Food and ServiceTinaDined on 10/18/2014We always enjoy our visits to Not Your Average Joes. The food is always exceptional and consistent. We always ask for Marlo to be our server. She is extremely personable and encourages us to try different entries. We always enjoy catching up with her and she gives us incredible service. We also always enjoy seeing Michael, the General Manager. He is extremely visible around his restaurant and treats all of the customers very well. We're considered "regualrs" and both Michael and Marlo go above and beyond to make our dining experience very enjoyable. We already can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and serviceKarebearDined on 10/17/2014My boyfriend and I showed up they were like we have been waiting for you the place was packed. The server was amazing. The drinks and the food was just indescribable. It was honestly the best dining expierence we have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Option in WestboroughDoodledogDined on 10/17/2014Excellent service, great food and always kid/family friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Above AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/16/2014Birthday dinner at Not Your Average Joe's in Westboro and this time was just okay. We had a reservation at 6:30 and got sat immediately. Waiter approached the table soon after we sat and introduced himself. I was ready to order a drink but he quickly said he would be right back. When he returned a short time later, we ordered two beers and a water. In the meantime, they served their outstanding bread and dipping sauce. Well, by the time we got our beers (he forgot my water) I was well overdue for some fluid! We just ordered entrees and they were served in an appropriate time frame. My Harvest Pork was slightly dry but the brussels sprouts were good. Husbands steak tips were average. Waiter did check on us regularly throughout the meal.Special Features:
- great serviceNanaDined on 10/16/2014We went for the Oktoberfest menu. It did not disappoint. The menu reflected a lot of thought. The best part of the evening was the service. Lauren, our server, was so pleasant and accommodating. She is the "neighborhood gem." Thanks all.Special Features:
- Nice casual placeE2013VIPDined on 10/13/2014I've been here so many times and I can say it's been consistently great almost every time. But a few days ago I went and the service blew me away. The waitress was efficient, never forgot a thing, and wasn't obnoxious or hovering whatsoever. I really appreciated the service, and it was almost as good as a 4 or 5 star restaurant. I enjoy everything I order from the salads, to the pizza, to the drinks. The drinks are delicious. I especially like their special menu that changes all the time. I always try to order the special drinks. I just love this place for it's easy-going atmosphere without being cheesy or trying too hard to be something it's not. Highly recommend this place for a quick drink with friends or casual night out.Special Features:
- Love thier changing specialsAmazingVIPDined on 10/12/2014My daughter and I had a very nice dinner - just the 2 of us. The wait staff was kid friendly. Food was delicious and we had a great night.Special Features:
- Great mealSteveODined on 10/11/2014Schnitzel was fantastic, as was the vegetable spring roll appetizerSpecial Features:
- dinnerfor2dinnerfor2Dined on 10/9/2014The portion size has decreased significantly and they have really changed their menu, mostly chicken dishes. We were disappointed with the portions, it used to be one of our favorite places.Special Features:
- good foodbirthdaygirlDined on 10/6/2014The food was good but not great. Burger was overcooked. Food took too long to come out. Person who delivered food smelled strongly of cigarettes & so that turned us off to eat our food. Waiter taking order was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your average restaurantStinkeytcDined on 10/4/2014Not your average Joe's is a great restaurant for the whole family. Menu always changing, so never your average restaurant menu. If your looking for a great meal and needs a change, you will be happy you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our dinner at NJAJ's WestboroughtraceyannDined on 10/3/2014we were very happy with our dinner at NJAJ's Westborough. great meal, excellent service, good friends to share it with and a free dinner/dessert for the birthday guest! could not have been better! thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plenty of great choicesHappyhappyVIPDined on 10/3/2014We enjoyed the new menu choices (chicken in creamy mushroom sauce over papardelle) and rediscovered some favorites (warm goat cheese with grilled chicken and raspberries, and a steak sandwich)! Consistently excellent food quality and outstanding servers (Marlo) and hosts.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014food was very good and the waitress was excellent; it was a luncheon occasion and she was alert and put one of the parties food under the warmer since she had to take a call and returned it as soon as she returned. everyone was very happy with their meals. One persons meal was a little late in coming so our meals cooled down a bit as we all waited to begin eating.Special Features:
- Good foodanonDined on 9/30/2014Food has improved since last visit. Meal was enjoyable for all the group. Dessert was much better than on previous visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerMikeDined on 9/30/2014Food was excellent and service was very professional. Restuarant is a little noisy. We will definitely come back againSpecial Features:
- Oyster Night Was Great!SoleFanDined on 9/29/2014Although we're regulars at Joe's, we tried their Oyster Night for the first time this past Monday. As always, Joe''s didn't disappoint. The oysters were tasty, large, and a super bargain at $1 each. Legal Seafoods and Sole Proprietor can't come close to matching Joe's oysters. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Superb (as usual!)BRG99Dined on 9/27/2014Once again, we had a wonderful dining experience! The food was excellent and the service was superb.Special Features:
- The have great varietyNugenDined on 9/27/2014They are always changing their menu which makes it fun to go to Not your average JoesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, very good food!EmilyVIPDined on 9/25/2014Ashley, our server, was friendly and helpful. The food was very tasty, as was my cocktail. I find the place a bit overpriced; otherwise, we would certainly dine there more often.
- Just AverageHungryDinerDined on 9/20/2014Not sure what's going on but something isn't the same about this place, seems to be falling victim to the bad economy and cutting corners. This was a place I once went frequently but feel that its going on the back burner for a while. Sorry Joe.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014As always, food, service, attention to detail a step above. Requested a dish no longer on menu and was obliged with no hesitation. Servers seem to be well trained and it shows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor customer servicedisgruntled1Dined on 9/17/2014Need to spruce up customer service. Went for my birthday dinner . When we mentioned this neither of the two servers wished me (that is OK...not a big deal) What is a big deal was the unfriendly attitude exhibited by Marlo when we changed our seats from outdoor to indoor- her point was valid that she would have seated us but she could have gone about it in a more polite and less sarcastic manner. At the end of the day , it boiled down to a poor experience due to unfriendly customer service.
- Not that greatnjgalinwtVIPDined on 9/17/2014I wasn't that impressed by Not Your Average Joe's. We had a group of 14. They assigned us 1 waitress who could not handle our table. She took 5 differnet trips for drinks. Couldn't keep straight who had what. The appetizers were strang. The "nachos" were not really nachos. The entrees were slightly better. Chicken was tasty but came with a ton of lettuce on it. If i wanted that much lettuce i would have ordered a salad dish. And it didn't come with a vegetable or starch. Cheap. Overall I didn't love it and don't think I'd go back.
- johnieODined on 9/15/2014It was my birthday, and the food was great! Plus, my meal was free because it was my birthday. How can you beat that?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wifes birthdayjoeyDined on 9/14/2014We celebrated my wifes birthday with family and we had a great time. everything was great, service. meals table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday deallovefoodDined on 9/14/2014Great that restaurant gives you a free entree and desert on your birthday. Love the variety of food as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed but will returnKnitbeeDined on 9/13/2014I love NYAJ. But this time I was disappointed. We were seated about 10 minutes after our reservation time. Then sat for for 35 minutes before our order was taken!(we did have drinks and bread though). Large table behind us had a screaming kid who kept it up all thru dinner ( not restaurants fault but didn't help the experience). 2 of the 4 meals were served tepid. 1 meal was piping hot. Why not serve meals as they're done so everyone gets hot meal? The manager did take care of us but it was a dampened experience this time. I will be back though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerLainieDined on 9/12/2014Had a nice birthday dinner. Kids loved it. Our server, Becca, was awesome. Very patient and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a god choiceHappyhappyVIPDined on 9/12/2014We have become regulars at Joes, enjoy the staff, the regular menu items and the seasonal specials too! I tried the chicken pappardelle in the mushroom cream sauce tonight, it was delicious! My usual favorites are the Waldorf salad or the Warm Goat Cheese salad with chicken or shrimp!Special Features:
- MarcieJDined on 9/11/2014FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, I was disappointed with the quality of my entrée. I was in a party of 6. 5 of us ordered the salmon. It was burnt and consequently tough at the edges. Pieces were smaller than usual. To boot, the quinoa(sp?) was luke warm and some of the asparagus spears were wrinkled and yellow. I was very surprised. I and my friends have always enjoyed our food at NYAJ's in Westboro. For some reason this evening it was below par for sure. The only entrée that I thought met the usual standards and ordered by one of our party, was the special flounder entrée. It looked and tasted very fresh and appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually good food usually long waitKathyLNHDined on 9/10/2014We've been coming here periodically for several years. The restaurant is nice with a colorful decor and serves flavorful food. The menu choices change frequently and are very good - we've had great meals here. The only negative is the front desk with seating; there's always a wait with or without reservations as they are very unorganized and don't seem to know what they are doing. We have had to stand in the small waiting area every time we've come here, even waiting 45 minutes with a reservation; that is the only reason we don't go there more frequently. If you can get there at 5:00 PM on a weekday your chances are better but you will still have to wait as the host(s) go over the seating list as though looking at a map while lost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beer Food Tasting EventGoodie2ShoesDined on 9/9/2014Our family has eaten at the Westborough restaurant many times. This dining and beer pairing events was outstanding. The menu was well planned and consisted of new dishes that they intended to add to their regularly menu. Entrees included a flounder dish, pasta dish, lamb slider, pork tenderloin, and carrot cake for a dessert entree. The food seasoned and prepared with a five star elegance. Managers and servers was friendly and attentive. The promotion included tee-shirts, beer glasses and mugs, hats and complimentary appetizer coupons. And the price was unbelievable at $24.95 pp. Looking forward to the next tasting/pairings event.eatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Exceptional!TinaDined on 9/6/2014We always enjoy our visits to Not Your Average Joe's. The food quality is always top quality and the service is always great. We always request Marlo as our waitress because we enjoy talking with her and she is an exceptional server. The food prices are very fair considering the quality and quantity of each menu item. Michael, the General Manager, is always active around the restaurant and makes it a point to get to know the diners. We would highly recommend going to Joe's.Special Features: