Not Your Average Joe's Westborough
291 Turnpike Road
Westborough, MA 01581Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Westborough
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.notyouraveragejoes.com/
- Phone: (508) 986-2350
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Robert Saunders
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We have two flat screen televisions in the bar area. Our bar sits up to 20 guests and also has high top tables and booths surrounding it for guests to dine if they are not looking to sit at the bar.
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Westborough
What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We’re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We’re casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We’re all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Not Your Average Joe's Westborough - Best Restaurants in Westborough ›
Not Your Average Joe's Westborough reviews from OpenTable diners
164 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (82)fit for foodies (78)good for groups (77)neighborhood gem (72)kid-friendly (68)special occasion (41)great for outdoor dining (31)vibrant bar scene (28)hot spot (26)notable wine list (12)late-night find (9)romantic (8)great for brunch (5)Show More
- Inexperienced staff?LeghosDined on 11/21/2014Made a reservation for 6:45, checked in at 6:30. Seated 7:20. Basically gave them an extra window of 15 minutes to plan accordingly. Service was nice, not friendly, not hospitable, not proactive with drinks, but nice. Wrong party's meals came to our table, after touching the plate, that plate went to the intended party. Meat undercooked, instead of waiting longer, took it to go home, where it was excellent after cooking a bit longer. My son requested the "children's sundae," which turned out to be a hoodsie cup, maybe the waitress didn't understand? However, quite satisfied with a hoodsie. Very crowded, people bumping into each other from all angles. We were seated prior to our table being readied, we felt like huge roadblocks between tables as people were trying to exit, tables being cleaned, our table being set and reorganized for our party's amount of guests. Prior experiences at NYAJ we great, highly recommend lunch or early dinners in the summer seated in the outdoor seating.Special Features:
- Love NYAJ!!MishDined on 11/21/2014Amazingly friendly waitress with great personality. Food and drinks were so tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding gluten-free optionsGFdinerDined on 11/15/2014The extensive gluten-free menu even included sections from the day's specials. They're gluten-free bread, while a touch hard, was a welcome surprise. The service was excellent, and the entire staff smile the whole time. An enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for dining with family and friends!Olivia30Dined on 11/14/2014I always enjoy a trip to NYAJ's for dinner and especially like the seasonal changes to the menu -- it's great to be able to try a new, seasonal dish! I also appreciate the locally brewed beer offerings -- the Narragansett coffee stout was delicious! I have always found the service to be excellent as well. Thanks for making our dining experience so enjoyable! NYAJ's is definitely at the top of my list when deciding on a place to meet family and friends for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FansHappyhappyVIPDined on 11/14/2014We come often because we enjoy the food and the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday GirlStainglassmmmDined on 11/11/2014Our server, Gail, was great. Described in detail the two entrees I was debating between. Dessert came with a birthday candle as I had a birthday couponSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- innovativw menuebobtrumpetDined on 11/7/2014Stopped in randomely a month ago for lunch and it was great. Made reservations for Saturday evening diner. The place was packed but we were seated exactly when our reservation time was booked. The waistaff is well trained and friendly. Now for the menue. Fabulous creativityand daring combinations that really work. Meals were delicious and reasonably priced for the quality and creativity. The drink menue, both cocktails and non alchol are amazing and delicious. We had a great evening.Special Features:
- always goodSwiftecITVIPDined on 11/7/2014food is always fresh and tasty. bread is unbelievable - even though i have had it a hundred times.Special Features:
- Always Exceptional!TinaDined on 11/1/2014We always enjoy our visit to Not Your Average Joe's. We request the same server, Marlo, every time we eat at the Westborough location. She is exceptional at her job and we always enjoy seeing her. Michael also does an exceptional job running the restaurant. The food is always consistent and delicious. Already can't wait for our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner for 8OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Our birthday party Table for 8 was reserved a week in advance. I was dissappointed that we were set up in a corner where 3 tables for 2 were pushed together. This would be fine for 6, not for 8. It turned out only 7 of us attended - a lucky turn as I don't think we'd have been able to squeeze her in. Even for a Saturday the restaurant was very busy from before I arrived till we left. It was a pretty noisy. My sister, the guest of honor, stated that her lemon picatta Chicken came completely naked, which she's never experienced before at other locations. She has food allergies, but that should not have prevented capers and lemon to have been added to her meal. Otherwise, we had no complaints. The wait staff was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/31/2014Good food, good service even with a gigantic crowd on a Saturday night. Not as much wait as expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a large group! -Worked Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/30/2014I started off with a party of 9 that turned in to a party of 13 last minute. They did a terrific job of accomodating the needs of our group. Service was prompt attentive, but not intrucive! We had a great lunch. I was entertaining customers and so happy we chose to go here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014The dining experience was very good the food was surprising excellent for a chain. We have been before but we think the menu and food have improved. Thank you will return.Special Features:
- Nice night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014I've been here several times and it is a fun place because the menu is varied and changes - plus the food is excellent. The service is always very good. I've recommended this for group lunch birthday gatherings from work and have attended those events. The free birthday dinners including dessert definitely help keep Not Your Average Joe's on my radar - since this is not an average offering!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedHappyhappyVIPDined on 10/24/2014Had another great dinner, enjoyed some new menu additions and some "old" favorites. Thanks to Marlo, Michael and Rasheed for the warm welcome!Special Features:
- Good reasons to returnOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/23/2014Excellent spot with carefully crafted that features old favorites with new and different spices and great tastes. There is a chef in this kitchen and he or she knows what to do there. Service is very attentive and everyone is eager to please. Everyone on this staff makes it clear they would like you to come back. The food is a good reason to do so. We will.
- Love the bread and dipOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014I met 3 friends on a Tuesday at 5:30. We had a great visit and did not feel rushed. The ambiance was great.Special Features:
- InconsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/20/2014I had gone to NYAJ on a Thursday night recently will a friend. The food was outstanding so I decided that was where I wanted to go out for my birthday on 10/20/14. I ordered the same exact thing and the chicken was dry and hard to cut. The haddock my son got was very small. I found that the quality of the food that night was not the same at all as my previous visit. The waitress was wonderful!
- Exceptional Food and ServiceTinaDined on 10/18/2014We always enjoy our visits to Not Your Average Joes. The food is always exceptional and consistent. We always ask for Marlo to be our server. She is extremely personable and encourages us to try different entries. We always enjoy catching up with her and she gives us incredible service. We also always enjoy seeing Michael, the General Manager. He is extremely visible around his restaurant and treats all of the customers very well. We're considered "regualrs" and both Michael and Marlo go above and beyond to make our dining experience very enjoyable. We already can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and serviceKarebearDined on 10/17/2014My boyfriend and I showed up they were like we have been waiting for you the place was packed. The server was amazing. The drinks and the food was just indescribable. It was honestly the best dining expierence we have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Option in WestboroughDoodledogDined on 10/17/2014Excellent service, great food and always kid/family friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Above AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/16/2014Birthday dinner at Not Your Average Joe's in Westboro and this time was just okay. We had a reservation at 6:30 and got sat immediately. Waiter approached the table soon after we sat and introduced himself. I was ready to order a drink but he quickly said he would be right back. When he returned a short time later, we ordered two beers and a water. In the meantime, they served their outstanding bread and dipping sauce. Well, by the time we got our beers (he forgot my water) I was well overdue for some fluid! We just ordered entrees and they were served in an appropriate time frame. My Harvest Pork was slightly dry but the brussels sprouts were good. Husbands steak tips were average. Waiter did check on us regularly throughout the meal.Special Features:
- great serviceNanaDined on 10/16/2014We went for the Oktoberfest menu. It did not disappoint. The menu reflected a lot of thought. The best part of the evening was the service. Lauren, our server, was so pleasant and accommodating. She is the "neighborhood gem." Thanks all.Special Features:
- Nice casual placeE2013VIPDined on 10/13/2014I've been here so many times and I can say it's been consistently great almost every time. But a few days ago I went and the service blew me away. The waitress was efficient, never forgot a thing, and wasn't obnoxious or hovering whatsoever. I really appreciated the service, and it was almost as good as a 4 or 5 star restaurant. I enjoy everything I order from the salads, to the pizza, to the drinks. The drinks are delicious. I especially like their special menu that changes all the time. I always try to order the special drinks. I just love this place for it's easy-going atmosphere without being cheesy or trying too hard to be something it's not. Highly recommend this place for a quick drink with friends or casual night out.Special Features:
- Love thier changing specialsAmazingVIPDined on 10/12/2014My daughter and I had a very nice dinner - just the 2 of us. The wait staff was kid friendly. Food was delicious and we had a great night.Special Features:
- Great mealSteveODined on 10/11/2014Schnitzel was fantastic, as was the vegetable spring roll appetizerSpecial Features:
- dinnerfor2dinnerfor2Dined on 10/9/2014The portion size has decreased significantly and they have really changed their menu, mostly chicken dishes. We were disappointed with the portions, it used to be one of our favorite places.Special Features:
- good foodbirthdaygirlDined on 10/6/2014The food was good but not great. Burger was overcooked. Food took too long to come out. Person who delivered food smelled strongly of cigarettes & so that turned us off to eat our food. Waiter taking order was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your average restaurantStinkeytcDined on 10/4/2014Not your average Joe's is a great restaurant for the whole family. Menu always changing, so never your average restaurant menu. If your looking for a great meal and needs a change, you will be happy you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our dinner at NJAJ's WestboroughtraceyannDined on 10/3/2014we were very happy with our dinner at NJAJ's Westborough. great meal, excellent service, good friends to share it with and a free dinner/dessert for the birthday guest! could not have been better! thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plenty of great choicesHappyhappyVIPDined on 10/3/2014We enjoyed the new menu choices (chicken in creamy mushroom sauce over papardelle) and rediscovered some favorites (warm goat cheese with grilled chicken and raspberries, and a steak sandwich)! Consistently excellent food quality and outstanding servers (Marlo) and hosts.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014food was very good and the waitress was excellent; it was a luncheon occasion and she was alert and put one of the parties food under the warmer since she had to take a call and returned it as soon as she returned. everyone was very happy with their meals. One persons meal was a little late in coming so our meals cooled down a bit as we all waited to begin eating.Special Features:
- Good foodanonDined on 9/30/2014Food has improved since last visit. Meal was enjoyable for all the group. Dessert was much better than on previous visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerMikeDined on 9/30/2014Food was excellent and service was very professional. Restuarant is a little noisy. We will definitely come back againSpecial Features:
- Oyster Night Was Great!SoleFanDined on 9/29/2014Although we're regulars at Joe's, we tried their Oyster Night for the first time this past Monday. As always, Joe''s didn't disappoint. The oysters were tasty, large, and a super bargain at $1 each. Legal Seafoods and Sole Proprietor can't come close to matching Joe's oysters. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Superb (as usual!)BRG99Dined on 9/27/2014Once again, we had a wonderful dining experience! The food was excellent and the service was superb.Special Features:
- The have great varietyNugenDined on 9/27/2014They are always changing their menu which makes it fun to go to Not your average JoesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, very good food!EmilyVIPDined on 9/25/2014Ashley, our server, was friendly and helpful. The food was very tasty, as was my cocktail. I find the place a bit overpriced; otherwise, we would certainly dine there more often.
- Just AverageHungryDinerDined on 9/20/2014Not sure what's going on but something isn't the same about this place, seems to be falling victim to the bad economy and cutting corners. This was a place I once went frequently but feel that its going on the back burner for a while. Sorry Joe.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014As always, food, service, attention to detail a step above. Requested a dish no longer on menu and was obliged with no hesitation. Servers seem to be well trained and it shows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.