Not Your Average Joe's Westborough
291 Turnpike Road
Westborough, MA 01581Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Westborough
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.notyouraveragejoes.com/
- Phone: 5089862350x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Robert Saunders
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We have two flat screen televisions in the bar area. Our bar sits up to 20 guests and also has high top tables and booths surrounding it for guests to dine if they are not looking to sit at the bar.
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Westborough
What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We’re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We’re casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We’re all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Not Your Average Joe's Westborough - Best Restaurants in Westborough ›
Not Your Average Joe's Westborough reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (69)kid-friendly (60)good for groups (56)fit for foodies (56)neighborhood gem (51)special occasion (44)great for outdoor dining (43)vibrant bar scene (24)hot spot (23)notable wine list (10)romantic (6)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)Show More
- wifes birthdayjoeyDined on 9/14/2014We celebrated my wifes birthday with family and we had a great time. everything was great, service. meals table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed but will returnKnitbeeDined on 9/13/2014I love NYAJ. But this time I was disappointed. We were seated about 10 minutes after our reservation time. Then sat for for 35 minutes before our order was taken!(we did have drinks and bread though). Large table behind us had a screaming kid who kept it up all thru dinner ( not restaurants fault but didn't help the experience). 2 of the 4 meals were served tepid. 1 meal was piping hot. Why not serve meals as they're done so everyone gets hot meal? The manager did take care of us but it was a dampened experience this time. I will be back though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerLainieDined on 9/12/2014Had a nice birthday dinner. Kids loved it. Our server, Becca, was awesome. Very patient and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a god choiceHappyhappyVIPDined on 9/12/2014We have become regulars at Joes, enjoy the staff, the regular menu items and the seasonal specials too! I tried the chicken pappardelle in the mushroom cream sauce tonight, it was delicious! My usual favorites are the Waldorf salad or the Warm Goat Cheese salad with chicken or shrimp!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, I was disappointed with the quality of my entrée. I was in a party of 6. 5 of us ordered the salmon. It was burnt and consequently tough at the edges. Pieces were smaller than usual. To boot, the quinoa(sp?) was luke warm and some of the asparagus spears were wrinkled and yellow. I was very surprised. I and my friends have always enjoyed our food at NYAJ's in Westboro. For some reason this evening it was below par for sure. The only entrée that I thought met the usual standards and ordered by one of our party, was the special flounder entrée. It looked and tasted very fresh and appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beer Food Tasting EventOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014Our family has eaten at the Westborough restaurant many times. This dining and beer pairing events was outstanding. The menu was well planned and consisted of new dishes that they intended to add to their regularly menu. Entrees included a flounder dish, pasta dish, lamb slider, pork tenderloin, and carrot cake for a dessert entree. The food seasoned and prepared with a five star elegance. Managers and servers was friendly and attentive. The promotion included tee-shirts, beer glasses and mugs, hats and complimentary appetizer coupons. And the price was unbelievable at $24.95 pp. Looking forward to the next tasting/pairings event.eatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Exceptional!TinaDined on 9/6/2014We always enjoy our visits to Not Your Average Joe's. The food quality is always top quality and the service is always great. We always request Marlo as our waitress because we enjoy talking with her and she is an exceptional server. The food prices are very fair considering the quality and quantity of each menu item. Michael, the General Manager, is always active around the restaurant and makes it a point to get to know the diners. We would highly recommend going to Joe's.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014We were pleasantly surprised to be told that a mix-up in our order would be on the house. Good business!Special Features:
- Really nice nightLeahDined on 9/6/2014My fiancé and I love not your average joes however we have found the service hit or miss depending on the location. Our service was really nice, the food was great and we had a fun time. The only issue is our drinks seemed slow coming from the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great valueHappyhappyVIPDined on 9/5/2014Good food, excellent service, something for everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food @ NYAJ Westborough!JimGDined on 8/31/2014We had an excellent visit to Not Your Average Joe's Westborough starting with wonderful welcome from host Dana G. to A+ service from Leira - the freshly baked bread was outstanding, steak tips were delicious and plentiful accompanied by fresh green beans & mashed potato. This is definitely a restaurant to enjoy in Central MA, conveniently located right on Route 9 - great bar scene too & lots of wonderful menu choices ranging from salads to pizzas to nice range of full meal choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personal favoriteLunyDined on 8/31/2014Anytime someone says "hey let's go out to dinner". I always suggest Not Your Average Joes. I have been going at least three times a year for about six years, and I haven't had a bad experience yet. Staff is always friendly and knowledgeable and the food is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYAJ's doesn't ever disappointJimVanDined on 8/30/2014Not Your Average Joe's in Westborough is one of our favorites. The food is always well-prepared and tasty, the wine list broad enough for our palates, and the beer list ever-changing but always satisfying. The noise level might be a little high, but we don't really notice. Service is always very attentive. One of our 'go to' restaurants whenever relatives are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Great food and local offerings and very friendly staff. Having the reservation ahead of time through OpenTable made the experiece easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great night at Average Joe'sjoeyDined on 8/26/2014A warm and inviting athmosphere. Great service. They are very attentive to your needs.The blasalmic Salmon was outstanding. Great salads and deserts. they make their own bread and pasta. It is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UzigirlDined on 8/24/2014I like the menu selection. They offer an eclectic variety and it does not cost an arm and a leg. We went on a Sunday and they offer "Sangria Sunday" which I thought was a nice touch and they had a nice variety to choose fromSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenience and excellencetbankie61Dined on 8/23/2014It was very convenient to get there. Food was excellent and reasonable as usual. It's always a great time at a Not your average Joe'sSpecial Features:
- Great Birthday DinnerExpatEVIPDined on 8/19/2014We have visited many times, and this time were having a birthday dinner. We were treated well from beginning to end, and each of our dishes was well prepared and very tasty. The nachos in particular stood out (not your typical messy plate of soft mush, it was well presented with crisp tortillas) and my cod / crab cake combo with saffron aioli was superb. We will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love itSwiftecITVIPDined on 8/19/2014always love the freshness, taste and quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebraDined on 8/18/2014Our waitress was excellent, very attentive & friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sizzle1Dined on 8/16/2014We had a great server she was there when we needed her , but not intrusive and hovering over us, such a pleasure !!Special Features:
- Family of 5EatoutoftenDined on 8/15/2014We would definitely recommend Not Your Average Joes and look forward to dining there again soon. They were very gluten free friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating. Important for the celiac diners in our family. The staff was friendly and the service was great. The food was delicious and just as ordered!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free MenuEJKLDined on 8/15/2014Not Your Average Joe's has the best menu I've seen for customers with gluten intolerance or allergy. The waiting staff is always very cordial and helpful.Special Features:
- exceptionalBethDined on 8/14/2014My Birthday Gift, My friend and I both had scallops on rosemary skewers. It was absolutely excellent. Taste, presentation, everything was perfect. We both loved it. The dessert was chocolate molten cake so sooo good Will go back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once againSallyDined on 8/13/2014As usual the food was great and service the best. We always take advantage of the birthday deal: free entrée and dessert for the birthday person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The big ChillExcellenceDined on 8/9/2014The restaurant is well managed and service is excellent, but the air conditions will freeze you out, too much - hire an HVAC companySpecial Features:
- My favorite local spot by far.2youngatheartDined on 8/9/2014Always enjoy this fun spot. Food and drinks are consistent and of great quality, love the monthly sangria specials. Staff is spot on and attentive.Special Features:
- Could have been betterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014This was our second visit and it wasn't as good as our first. The first time wasn't as busy so I'm assuming the food loses some quality when it's busy. Food wasn't hot enough and it was pretty loud. We'll go back but not on a busy night.Special Features:
- Just…great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Not Your Average Joe's is definitely on the top of our restaurant list. Every time we have come here has been awesome. The food is fantastic - especially the bread and dip as your starter! The wait staff are pretty awesome too - very attentive and kind. We will definitely recommend to our friends and return in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodHappyhappyVIPDined on 8/1/2014Great management team and waitstaff, consistently good food with monthly additions to the regular favorites. Our home away from home :-)Special Features:
- Joe never disappoints!SoleFanDined on 7/30/2014Food and service were outstanding as always. Grandkids loved the kids' menu, especially the mac and cheese. We'll be back soon!Special Features:
- Great Ladies Night Out SpotLizNDined on 7/29/2014Great variety on the menu for food and drinks. Great spot to have a Ladies Night Out. It's priced right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2doWIneVIPDined on 7/27/2014Great meal here with my sister and her husband. Enjoyed an early dinner and the place was not crowded or noisy. Meals were delicious, fresh and the service was attentive. Highly recommend. Consistently good and reliable. Will be returning...Thanks :)I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday DinnerNanceDined on 7/26/2014NYAJ's is a classy restaurant with friendly servers and most excellent food! We always find a good wine too! We live an hour from the closest NYAJ but it's so worth the drive to have such an incredible dinner every time. Thank you for making my Bday a memorable event! I'm still trying to work off that yummy carrot cake! Thank you so much!Special Features:
- HelpfulHelpfulDined on 7/25/2014We have 2 year old twins and the staff was very accommodating. They brought the food out quickly and everything tasted great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheyCameToBostonVIPDined on 7/25/2014We eat here fairly often and this is the first time the service was not up-to-par. The food was terrific as usual, my shrimp with pasta with fried zucchini sticks was delicious. However, the amount of attention was lacking and the wait between order and delivery, then the wait between completion and presentation of the bill was longer than we've become accustomed. It won't stop us from returning but it's notable as it's different than most of our experiences here which is usually fine.Special Features:
- Joe'sAlbertDined on 7/20/2014We have always enjoyed eating here. The wait staff is always very pleasant as are the manager's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentExcellenceDined on 7/19/2014we sat at the bar and although none of the servers wore names tags they all served all the customers in need of something, with a smile. The manager was present and active, the food was hot and prompt. I would only change the lighting at the bar which dangles in front of the TV's which they seem to promote as a sports bar, too many obstacles to see the TV clearly.Special Features:
- Another Great Meal at NYAJKarenDined on 7/13/2014The bread alone makes it worth it. I had my favorite almond crusted goat cheese salad that was as delicious as ever. Our server was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So bad...maryDined on 7/12/2014We go to Joe's often and have never had bad food or service like we had this time. Waitress was awful! Food was cold, rice was hard and the order was wrong. The waitress never came back to ask how the food was. We had to flag down a manager. We had to ask, twice, for the bill and when we finally got it, it was wrong. When we brought it to her attention she argued with us and said she would get a manager. Not sure what was going on but will be taking a break for now:(Special Features: